Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900545 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 12:10am On Oct 25, 2016
tolulope9009:
Hi everyone... cc nefertitiram
and TripleKMama

Please, who has that rebate code for lyft again? Need it. Please help. Thank you.
I never use d discount code oh. PM Nerf
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by valeriechima(f): 2:21am On Oct 25, 2016
Hello mamas and papas......please how much does it cost to do a passport and visa. I want to pick the cheaper one... my eyes is red now. Help my condition undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 2:41am On Oct 25, 2016
Atdor:
Hello everyone,
I want to thank you all most especially MrsBee1,dere5, to mention but few. It's exactly 9days now that I got to the US. My POE was in Houston and it went thus

So.so glad you made it,i was a bit worried when I didn't read any post from you about your POE experience.
All the best as you search for a hospital,by his grace,it will all end in praise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Beryl15: 3:19am On Oct 25, 2016
missexiest:
Hello mamas,i noticed the immunization schedule I was given in us is different from the one ww use here in nigeria.Was told theres no 4 months immunization that its 14 weeks,my baby is 4 months n I want her to get her immunizations tommorow pls mamas is there any other vaccine they give here thats not in the attached picture n hope its not too late to give her the 14 weeks immunization at 18weeks?
Just compare the Nigerian schedule with this one and note the vaccines your baby has not taken. Check the number of doses too. Your healthcare provider should be able to figure it out. You might want to stick to the Nigerian schedule afterwards especially past 6 months.
Also did your baby get BCG?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by geojay: 4:29am On Oct 25, 2016
In the spirit of giving back, i have come with my first step of dancing shoes, thanks to my wonderful Nl, you people are so great, thanks, thanks, thanks. About my mum that was scheduled for appointment at the embassy on 24th, which was yesterday. Her interview was booked for 7:45am, but we got their before 6am, she joined the queue and was checked . She went in with all supoorting documents, but suprisingly by after 8am, i saw my mum walking out, she was looking for us, i didnt see smile or her, she was looking expressionless, at that moment, i was having turning stomach, like i want to poop, but i need to know what went wrong, she just came towards me and say down, my dearest mum abeg talk, wetin happen, she said she doesnt even know, i said what is it you dont know now abeg talk ontime, i won poop, that was when my mum remembered i am pregnant oo, she just bursted into laughter and was like they have collected my passport and gave me this sheet of paper, i said gooe, its that sheet of paper that we need. So her interview went thus.
officer: hello, how are you
Mum: am fine
officer: do u need an interpreter,
Mum: hmm, let me make a trial, i think if you speak slowly and small small, i should understand
Officer: okk, i will do that as much as possible
mum: thanks.
officer: you are planning to go to the usa, who is sponsoring you.
Mum: my son-in-law
officer:okk what is his name, clicking on the system before him.
mum:..............( i told her to make sure she makes eye contact with the officer always, to show her confid3nce and sincerity, but its like the officer is showing his own confidence and sincerity to the system before him, kikikik).
officer: what does he do.
mum:he is a ..........
Officer: why are you going to usa
mum: for vac with my children( son-in law, daughter and grandchild)
officer: where do you intend to go?
mum: houston
officer: how many children do you have?
mum: ....... number.
Officer:okk come and pick your visa in so so day. he gave her the white paper and congratulated her. And that was it. But before the interview, my mum said they just kept picking her up from sit and straight to the interviewer without delay, reason why she got out early.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 5:12am On Oct 25, 2016
In my opinion, No, it will not be accepted. You have to do a different one entirely.The notarized form for the US pprt and the consent letter are two different things ooo. The notarized form is one you have to fill and both parents wil sign while the consent letter is a letter(hand-written or typed) which says both parents are giving their consent for LO to be given a nigerian passport. I'm not sure a form required by the US embassy will suffice for the Nigerian embassy. These are two different embasssies (with different policies) we are talking about.
Abegg Mamas shed more light here! Has any Mama tried submitting the US notarized form to the Nigerian embassy and it was accepted?
TripleKMama:
Pls will dey accept d notarized one we still need to do for US passport? Or a different one entirely? Cos I plan to make copies of d notarized one. Pls epp

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by missexiest: 5:15am On Oct 25, 2016
[quote author=Beryl15 post=50484637]
Just compare the Nigerian schedule with this one and note the vaccines your baby has not taken. Check the number of doses too. Your healthcare provider should be able to figure it out. You might want to stick to the Nigerian schedule afterwards especially past 6 months.
Also did your baby get BCG?
Ok,i will n she didnt get Bcg.Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 6:42am On Oct 25, 2016
Great Oye84
Now we have 3 testimonies.

KLM, AirFrance, BA

I hope that others who need tickets can follow through with the guide and patiently keep calling till they hit success. We know its not gonna be easy, and patience is needed to argue your case with them and get them to issue the ticket at the price point you need, but nothing good comes easy as we know...

I can imagine being on hold for 10 minutes...

Cheers
Cc. Pokompakam

oye84:
Thanks Temi
I was able to book my baby’s ticket exactly as you advised with Airfrance for $86.
I was told I had to book a one-way ticket when I made the first call and despite my insistence, the lady said it was not possible and I told her Thank you and dropped the call.
I immediately dialled again and the lady this time also first gave me the one-way ticket story and I insisted she double-checked and she then came back after keeping on the line for like 10 minutes and said I could book a return ticket for $86. Also, while she said she was double checking, I was already praying seriously in tongues and I know God did it.
I need to also mention that when I called the first time, I was connected to Delta airline SC and the second number I dialled connected me to Airfrance SC. I earlier got three different numbers at the airport when I arrived Houston.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cisco123: 6:59am On Oct 25, 2016
Hello Seniors,

Please I need the contact of a good and affordable doctor/hospital in Boston.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 8:13am On Oct 25, 2016
valeriechima:
Hello mamas and papas......please how much does it cost to do a passport and visa. I want to pick the cheaper one... my eyes is red now. Help my condition undecided

I paid 107 for naija passport. Dnt know ow much visa is.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 9:37am On Oct 25, 2016
missexiest:
Hello mamas,i noticed the immunization schedule I was given in us is different from the one ww use here in nigeria.Was told theres no 4 months immunization that its 14 weeks,my baby is 4 months n I want her to get her immunizations tommorow pls mamas is there any other vaccine they give here thats not in the attached picture n hope its not too late to give her the 14 weeks immunization at 18weeks?

Went to the hospital with my 4month+ babies and was told that there are some immunizations that are given in the u.s at 4months that they don't give here. Infant almost all the 4month immunizations are not given in Nigeria but the nurse at the health center told me If u request for it in some private hospitals here in Nigeria they would give. And it's better to take ur child to health center not private hospital for BCG cos my mom that is a C.M said once it's opened u have to give 20 children if not discard cos the next day it become useless which they do in health center daily but for private I can't say they immunize 20 babies in 1 day for BCG

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fatima04: 10:49am On Oct 25, 2016
Good day house. Please is it better I pay medical bills through Form A or i just accept fate with PTA and black market pple.

A beg advise me ooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 11:58am On Oct 25, 2016
[quote author=missexiest post=50485127][/quote]

Haaaa! Please your baby needs to get bcg asap!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2016
Missexiest try and give baby BCG , it's very important. How did you manage to miss it. It's supposed to be the first thing you give your baby immediately you get bk to Naija.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 1:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
veleta:
@Topnotch, it's at the end of 36 weeKS, fit to fly letter must be from your doctor and it has to state your edd and gestational week,it should not be more than 72 hours as in the date you got the fit to fly. All these are on BA's website

From their website the fit to fly should be within 7 days to the day of travel.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
Good day house, for those of us looking for an affordable sim to use in the US, LYCAMOBILE has good deals/promo now, google their website and check them out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Whaleygold: 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hello @davsquared,
Please i will like to make some enquiry, can you drop your email so that i can send you a direct message.
davsquared:
Missionary journey officialy ended. Was worth every hard earned dollar invested.

Was lucky /favoured all thru.
Testimony: Received a refund of over $1000 frm Northside hospital!! My joy was difficult to contain. Dey said its cos i spent one night and wateva else adjustments dey made. Me, i didnt care jare. Took my chq wen it came in d mail, cashed it (b4 dey change their mind) and fled . Dis na after getting my zero balance.

Returned to naija yesterday with Air France. D costs expended In d waka include

Hospital bill - pre paid $3550 via Form A. Wen d refund is deducted, bill becomes Abt 2300 for baby and I (hearing test and odas inclusive)
Doc-$2200.my main ob/gyn didn't take delivery, Doc on-call did. Loved her. Collected zero bal.

Scan-$132

Lab-$164 after discount. (upon say na only two tests dem do! GroupB strep and HIV. Did a lot in naija and it was used. Dey insisted on repeating d HIV own sha)

Circumcision - $217 after discounts

Paediatrician - Total after 3 visits nd Hep B vaccine $315

Bc took over 2wks ( Northside has "a lot of babies" like dey said)- $25

US passport -$165 . Came next workin day

Did naija passport and did d whole sending money order to innovate services and all. Expedited to get same day . Extra $65. Was soo fast. Did not spend more dan two and half hrs at their office b4 i picked it up same day. Total $172

SSN took 3wks

Air France - infant ticket $363. All my talk to come down on dat charge for a lap infant no work. Bt dey tried for me in baggage sha. I overshot d total approved weight for i and baby by abt 40lbs. Dem no collect extra money frm me for it.

Thanks to everyone on this wonderful thread. Dis is a really great forum and i pray it all ends in praise for everyone.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 2:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
ozycy:
Missexiest try and give baby BCG , it's very important. How did you manage to miss it. It's supposed to be the first thing you give your baby immediately you get bk to Naija.
Please does this apply when the LO is even 2mnths old?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Atdor: 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
dere5:

So.so glad you made it,i was a bit worried when I didn't read any post from you about your POE experience.
All the best as you search for a hospital,by his grace,it will all end in praise
AMEN. Thanks dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumzt: 3:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
AdomMum:

Yes it does
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MumcDab: 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2016
MamaE3:
Good day All,

Please any May 2017 Mama in the House...hala pls

Hello House MamaE! I am a May 2017 Mama. Pleased to meet you. Abeg PM me on adejumokeoye@gmail.com, let's talk biko.

Kudos to the brains behind this forum. I have read through several of the threads and I just regret not looking here when I was going to have my first baby in 2014, I would have saved good money. Joined NL today and I am better informed.

God bless everyone, I wish us all fulfillment of our aims.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MumcDab: 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2016
Amy20:

Yes ooo. May 2017 here.

Hi May 2017 Mama! We are in the same boat. Lets PM email is adejumokeoye@gmail.com. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2016
@geojay,Thank God and congrats on her Visa. I told u she will be fine.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by volsea: 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hello mama's in the house, please I want to know if anybody recently use Elpaso I mean doctoresparati, it seems he's the only cheapest bill I'm seeing here

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 5:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
AdomMum:

yes please, it applies.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by valeriechima(f): 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2016
simababe:

I paid 107 for naija passport. Dnt know ow much visa is.

Thanks ma....how long did it take before you got the passport
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2016
I thank God that I am finally in Dallas. My POE interview was very long and intense so won't go into much details. So this is part 1.

I used the wheelchair and was pushed to the CBP. Had to go back to fill my form and when I returned, the wheelchair guy had gone. someone else offered to push me.

Me: Good day Sir.
CBP: I thought I just saw you standing, how come you are now sitting?
Me: I am pregnant and my waist is not cooperating with me. (Tries to get up but was waved back).
CBP: why are you here?
Me: vacation and to have my baby.
CBP: Give me your hospital correspondence and the bill. (gave him just the hospital correspondence and the breakdown).
CBP: Do you have money to pay?
Me: Yes, 5k in cash, 1k cheque, western union and my cards.
CBP: (looking at my passport and visa where I had short hair) do you have any other form of govt id?
Me: (gave him my driver's license)
CBP: when did you get the visa?
Me: early July.
CBP: Ok, enjoy your stay in Dallas and then stamped me in for 6 months.

I started jubilating didn't know that was the easy part. collected my luggage and went to the second customs checkpoint.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2016
Part 2 of POE interview.

Me: Good day Sir.
CBP: why are you here?
Me: For vacation and to deliver my child.
CBP: Why US?
Me: better healthcare.
CBP: that's a stupid reason. have I been to US before and used their healthcare? How can I compare?
Me: (didn't answer)
CBP: (in a raised voice) answer all my questions.
Me: I haven't been to the US before and not used their healthcare before.
CBP: are you married?
Me: yes
CBP: what do you and your husband do in Nigeria?
Me: told him
CBP: do you have money to pay for your bills
Me: (repeated same as earlier)
CBP: hospital correspondence.?
Me: I gave him

Then he whispered to his colleague if it was okay and that one said that you don't have to deal with it, send her to secondary inspection and let them deal with it.

Nah so Part 3 start. The man asked me so many questions ranging from how my uncle became a citizen, to how many months I was and even asked for my hospital records. He asked questions about the cheque, even called the bank. Asked to see the money, asked for everything askable. I spent over 20 minutes there.

He then scanned my bags and asked how come the airline agreed to fly me so late in my pregnancy. Told him the airline policy. He said that I really had done my homework and I should have a good day.

I didn't know that Dallas was so bad. I felt like a criminal being interrogated to confess. I am in sha and I thank God for that.

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by freshtestimony: 7:48pm On Oct 25, 2016
XX01-So happy for u dear, see narrow escape, God will perfect the rest of the journey.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2016
@XX01 Glad you got in ok, in spite of all the extra. I hope mine is easier than that o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oye84: 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2016
I bought 4k on Monday 17th at the airport in Lagos at N371.
fatima04:
Good evening house. Pls who can confirm the new rate travelex is selling dollar, because we just keep hearing dt d price is falling ooo whats the other way of getting more fx in dis economy.

Congrats to triplekmama on Pie experience nd welcome back to temmyb.kisses to the twins

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
XX01
Our God pass them. Shame go catch bad people. Congrats

(1) (2) (3) ... (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.