Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,027 members, 7,953,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:21 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (927716 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by aonimi: 12:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
dere5:

You better declare Your intention.its not a crime to give birth in the us,just do your homework and read this thread very well, you'll get all the necessary info you need for this waka. Not saying the truth is a no no.

Thank you very much @dere5
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dyout: 1:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
When u call again, tell them u want to add an infant to an adult ticket. Mention return on the baby's ticket, that is where u will get the 10% for the infant ticket. Yes i applied with baby's visa, nonrefundable ticket and not from agent. i did it myself.

pokompakam:
I don over try this klm people. They most likely has tagged my ticket number with the comment that it must be one way. Have spoken to 3 supervisors alreasy no one is agreeing to over ride this 4xx fare. Hubby called from naija the guy said maybe with naija passport he wld av tried. Another one gave me 5xx as return sef, another even told me I must do return ticket but must buy my other return lag that I can't even book one way. They have given me many lines.
My further questions are
Did u book with passport or visa?
Did u buy from an agent
Was your ticket a refundable ticket initially
Did you give them another adult reservation to add the infant booking

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by baeboss: 2:20pm On Oct 28, 2016
MamaE3:
Good day All,

Please any May 2017 Mama in the House...hala pls

Hi I'm a May 2017 mama. And I'm new here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shagaman: 2:22pm On Oct 28, 2016
Justwise and the NL family,may God continue to bless this group,the information gotten here is always useful ,knowledge is power, I always find myself coming back to read here everyday,thanks all for keeping the group alive, as we have hanged boot since last missionary journey sometimes this boots have a way of falling from where it is hanged.....bless everyone. grin

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 2:24pm On Oct 28, 2016
Modele35:
Dear friends, has anyone successfully opened an account? what bank? requirements and how please? I need to open one in the US

I opened with Bank of America. They asked me for my international passport. I used my Naija address and my host's address. The account needs a minimum of 1500 dollars every month or they will charge a fee of 12 dollars a month. It comes with a cheque book and debit card. It didn't take more than 15 minutes to open and get internet and mobile access. I deposited cheques and cash at an ATM.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 2:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
firsttymum:

Do u have a dom account? Let hubby fund it... Even if it's just $100. He can buy at blackmarket rate.
U can withdraw and use. If u don't... U prolly might have a relative who does...
Book with airbnb..
And then use their card details to pay.
That's after ur hubby has funded the account

Now sef funding dollar account is a problem, unless is only at Zenith bank, I tried funding my dom account yesterday with small dollar, I was told that if it is ordinary dollar account, I cannot fund it anymore unless a cash dollar account .This cash dollar account, can only do transfers and no online transactions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2016
justwise:

Apart from CBP i got no clue what others means.
DW- dear/darling wife
DH- dear/darling husband
MIL- mother in law
LO -little one
VO- visa officer
FTM- first time mum
POE- point of Entry

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temmyo: 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2016
Anyone?
temmyo:
Hello e family.

Please is there anyone who got baby a nigerian passport recently by walking in to the embassy regardless of the appointment date given you?

Also, how far apart is the Ä…ppointment date from the time one applies? is one able to choose between dates for a convenient time?

sorry for the confusing questions. Please help a tired first time mom
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

DW- dear/darling wife
DH- dear/darling husband
MIL- mother in law
LO -little one

VO- visa officer
FTM- first time mum
POE- point of Entry

Thanks for those
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MumcDab: 4:36pm On Oct 28, 2016
My last missionary journey was to Florida- Sanford. My opinion is their bill are high.

I used one Doctor Coffield at Heathrow Obgyn, Hosp was Central Florida Regional Hospital. Breakdown;

Doctors fee- 4548
Hospital came with a bill of 14000 ( I was mad!) We finally settled at 2539.3
Epidural was 3500
Circumcision 536
I have to check to confirm the rest, but you can judge from wt i have stated already. It is will
Wish I knew about Nairaland then. cry

Gagat:

Congrats on your POE. Have u checked all the hospitals in Florida. Pls reply my PM so we can chat . And pls what's the total cost estimate you got for Sierra hospital/ doctoresparati
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 5:06pm On Oct 28, 2016
shagaman:
Justwise and the NL family,may God continue to bless this group,the information gotten here is always useful ,knowledge is power, I always find myself coming back to read here everyday,thanks all for keeping the group alive, as we have hanged boot since last missionary journey sometimes this boots have a way of falling from where it is hanged .....bless everyone. grin

grin grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MumcDab: 5:07pm On Oct 28, 2016
Flowers:
May/June 2017 Mama please get in touch.

Hi mama! Present. Pm on fruitfuldarl@gmail.com. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 5:17pm On Oct 28, 2016
I opened a Bank of America acct but not the one requiring minimum monthly deposit of $1,500. Wey d moni na? grin
Monthly maintenance fee of $4 or so...& the staff said I can wipe it clean & close whenever I wish. I don't have cheque book but my Atm card can be used online and in stores -but for the previous poster, the ATM cannot be used in store. They have 3 types of account. If they explain well, u make your choice. It's tricky...ish.
XX01:

I opened with Bank of America. They asked me for my international passport. I used my Naija address and my host's address. The account needs a minimum of 1500 dollars every month or they will charge a fee of 12 dollars a month. It comes with a cheque book and debit card. It didn't take more than 15 minutes to open and get internet and mobile access. I deposited cheques and cash at an ATM.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 5:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
This hosp dey for heaven? cry
MumcDab:

Doctors fee- 4548
Hospital came with a bill of 14000 ( I was mad!) We finally settled at 2539.3
Epidural was 3500
Circumcision 536

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 5:23pm On Oct 28, 2016
TKM -TripleKMama grin cool kiss
JFK - John F Kennedy Int'l airport New York
EWR - Newark Liberty Int'l airport New Jersey
Abbreviations ka nku mehnn wink
LadyGuinivere:

DW- dear/darling wife
DH- dear/darling husband
MIL- mother in law
LO -little one
VO- visa officer
FTM- first time mum
POE- point of Entry

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 5:30pm On Oct 28, 2016
I know Thor but I never watch am. Anytime I try,something comes up. Same with Avatar. Na so so clips I dey see every now and then. Maybe e no dey my destiny to watch them in this life time.
That your name sha. Even to spell am, I need expo from a previous post to get it right. Why u no try something like Karishika. It's spelt as pronounced ...and we all can relate. It is well.
Fyorgyn:

TripleKMama you no go kee person.

Heard of Thor? The hammer wielding god of thunder from ancient Norse mythology? Well, he was the son of Odin (the big Norse god) and FYORGYN the earth goddess...

That's where I got the name from...

I used to be fascinated by all the ancients at a time in my life...

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 5:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
Weapons of warfare
Pls who else is taking dis tea & any tips on how to make it more palatable? All dis sacrifices I'm making for dis baby. It better end up as d next American President.
*Wot else are people using to ease/shorten labor naturally? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Modele35: 6:37pm On Oct 28, 2016
Thank you @xxo1 and @Triplekmama
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Modele35: 6:42pm On Oct 28, 2016
Hello again,

I had my baby last year in Iowa and i had CS. I didnt stay up to the required number of days in the hospital i was fine and they said it was ok for me to go home so I checked out of the hospital earlier. i had asked for a refund verbally from the accts dept since a nurse had said they will refund if i dont stay up to 4days, accts said no that they cant refund. i recently heard of a testimony or two testimonies of refunds being given to people and I thought i should write the hospital. has anyone experienced this? any format? i dey find dollars this one wey dollar scarce ooo.. anyone help if u have had a refund..how did u do it? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
Modele35:
Hello again,

I had my baby last year in Iowa and i had CS. I didnt stay up to the required number of days in the hospital i was fine and they said it was ok for me to go home so I checked out of the hospital earlier. i had asked for a refund verbally from the accts dept since a nurse had said they will refund if i dont stay up to 4days, accts said no that they cant refund. i recently heard of a testimony or two testimonies of refunds being given to people and I thought i should write the hospital. has anyone experienced this? any format? i dey find dollars this one wey dollar scarce ooo.. anyone help if u have had a refund..how did u do it? Thanks

LMAO! Use torchlite find your dollar jare. The whole country dey on period. E red everywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 7:36pm On Oct 28, 2016
TOKNOW:

Now sef funding dollar account is a problem, unless is only at Zenith bank, I tried funding my dom account yesterday with small dollar, I was told that if it is ordinary dollar account, I cannot fund it anymore unless a cash dollar account .This cash dollar account, can only do transfers and no online transactions.
what bank is this? because my bank funds o

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 28, 2016
TripleKMama:
TKM -TripleKMama grin cool kiss
JFK - John F Kennedy Int'l airport New York
EWR - Newark Liberty Int'l airport New Jersey
Abbreviations ka nku mehnn wink
VBAC
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 8:43pm On Oct 28, 2016
VBAC is Vaginal Birth After CS
elfmann:

VBAC
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 8:43pm On Oct 28, 2016
Hi,
Please check your contract which you signed with the hospital well before you proceed.
In some contracts, it is stated expressly that the hospital will not make refunds in the event that the patient stayed less than the contracted number of days...
All the best as you decide.

Modele35:
Hello again,

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by misscanada123: 11:04pm On Oct 28, 2016
TripleKMama:
Weapons of warfare
Pls who else is taking dis tea & any tips on how to make it more palatable? All dis sacrifices I'm making for dis baby. It better end up as d next American President.
*Wot else are people using to ease/shorten labor naturally? grin

Heard of eating pineapple to actually induce labour at the right time. But they say one needs to eat the whole thing. I yam not a dokita o. and I don't play one on TV

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by davsquared: 11:16pm On Oct 28, 2016
I opened with Wells Fargo (na cheque from d bank Northside use refund me ). As a banker, I went with all d assorted things we ask for here in Naija, valid id, passport, Public utility receipt etc. D only tin wey i no do na to carry referees.

To my shock, i didnt even fill any form. Twas just an oral question and answer session, electronic signing,
id card submission and dat was all! Didnt take long.

Na savings account i open,, must have minimum balance of $300 else monthly service fee of $5 applies. Got online banking set up immediately and d debit card came in the mail 3days later

Modele35:
Dear friends, has anyone successfully opened an account? what bank? requirements and how please? I need to open one in the US

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 11:16pm On Oct 28, 2016
TripleKMama:
I opened a Bank of America acct but not the one requiring minimum monthly deposit of $1,500. but for the previous poster, the ATM cannot be used in store. They have 3 types of account. If they explain well, u make your choice. It's tricky...ish.

It's a minimum balance of 1500 not a monthly deposit in case others get confused. What do you mean by the ATM can't be used in store? Was considering changing to this other account when I am done.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 1:14am On Oct 29, 2016
Sorry I meant minimum balance. As in using your card to pay for goods in store and online. I'll confirm from d paper they gave me and get back to u soon.
XX01:

It's a minimum balance of 1500 not a monthly deposit in case others get confused. What do you mean by the ATM can't be used in store? Was considering changing to this other account when I am done.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by raumdeuter: 1:52am On Oct 29, 2016
Gagat:

Try UMASS

Do you have an idea of how much for delivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by volsea: 2:01am On Oct 29, 2016
Please is there any Elpaso bound January mama in the house, let's communicate please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by leleti: 2:51am On Oct 29, 2016
Thank you everyone for your kind words.It was really God in action.so I noticed justwise has erased the last sentence of my last post.Well done bros
@gold638 epidural would have been 425 dollars. Bank accepts wire transfers/form A
For the person also using Dr tate......He really is lovely.answered my mail immediately, laid the cards on the table, no bull.gave me options, and in spite of my fast labor was waiting for me in the hospital.plus, even with all the every every, no speck of blood on my cast.Impressive I tell ya.
Please Atl mamas, how long before BC is ready in Vital Records office?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Annim: 4:15am On Oct 29, 2016
Booked my infant ticket today with AF. Was not funny. 1st time I called I was told to book an adult return ticket from the US since LO is a US citizen. 2nd call gave me a quote of $464. 3rd call gave a quote of less than $100. Finally paid $98. Trick is to keep calling till you get someone reasonable to reason with.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.