Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,833 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897990 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 1:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
I know babes, I was just providing additional info for her. The emphasis on Southwest is because we had earlier advised that they let you fly your check-in- luggage free. You are probably wondering why out of a zillion airlines that fly from JFK am singling out Southwest.

nefertitiram:

Please read the post I responded to.

She said no domestic flights from JFK. Is that right or wrong? American Airlines, United, Delta, Virgin America that fly within US from JFK, what are they called?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2016
happytbaby:
You are right. Most local flights originate from la guardia.

There is a shuttle from JFK to La Guardia which takes about 50 minutes. Its 14 dollars per person (adults) , kids ride free. Check the link below for details, its actually quite easy.

http://www.nycairporter.com/OurServices/LaGuardiatoJFKShuttle.aspx

Instead of booking two different airlines, please go to the website of the airline and use the option 'multiple destination'

You then specify each leg of your trip, for example, go to BA and book 'Lagos to JFK', specify date and return leg will be 'houston to Lagos'. I am not sure if Wakanow has multiple destination option but they should.

If you have local flight ticket to Houston, it should not be a problem.

Na wa o! undecided

I think this is misleading not only to her, but to other readers. No Local flights against most local flights. I think a little google search will be beneficial.

All my domestic flights within US have originated from JFK. All you do is take the free airtrain that shuttles within the airport and locate your connecting flight terminal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2016
happytbaby:
I know babes, I was just providing additional info for her. The emphasis on Southwest is because we had earlier advised that they let you fly your check-in- luggage free. You are probably wondering why out of a zillion airlines that fly from JFK am singling out Southwest.

Got me confused for a bit but now I understand.

Southwest which the most favorable airline cos of free baggage is not in JFK.

See work, esp on the return leg with 4 or 5 bags, if person come do CS again! Chai, just because of Houston POE!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 1:15pm On Apr 24, 2016
greatie:

Have you been to dutse mkt on Monday? It's so rowdy on Mondays mehn, I haven't really explored the market on a Monday but I go there every oda day. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 1:31pm On Apr 24, 2016
Someone just advised me to use another airline on the first leg since we won't have too many bags to pay for. However, on our return leg, we will be looking at at least 200dollars in luggage fees.....don't even know whether it will make sense because I have learnt in the past that stress is not good because of small money o.

Although, I always make use of those porters that work for tips in the airports to carry stuff, but what if I don't get one? With 30kg baggage allowance on Arik, am planning to buy all buyable oooo, especially baby food and diapers.

nefertitiram:

Got me confused for a bit but now I understand.

Southwest which the most favorable airline cos of free baggage is not in JFK.

See work, esp on the return leg with 4 or 5 bags, if person come do CS again! Chai, just because of Houston POE!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phabulouschy: 1:56pm On Apr 24, 2016
NaijaMama:

I'll be using a birth center in Katy Texas, but I'm in Lagos. I was thinking of breaking my flight through New York because of the issues I've read about with Houston POE but after I read another poster that with have any issues with $8k on her, I decided I'll just go through Houston and pray all goes well.

Let's hook up though. I'll like to have a partner in this journey.

@NaijaMama

Thanx for your responds, I tried to send u a mail, but it wouldn't go through I am also following, kindly send me ur email for easy communication. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Pamperme: 1:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
NaijaMama:

I have noticed that local flights don't take off from JFK in New York. Flights can either be gotten from Laguadia or Newark. If that's the case, how do I shuttle arriving in JFK and catching a flight to Houston?

I am also trying to use wakanow to book one way from Lagos to JFK and one way return from Houston to Lagos. Do you envisage any challenges with at the Point of Entry when I present tickets from 2 different airlines and 2 different locations?

I think there is a shuttle bus from JFK to LaGuardia for $3 but the last time I took it was 2014. Don't know if it's still on...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 2:12pm On Apr 24, 2016
happytbaby:
Someone just advised me to use another airline on the first leg since we won't have too many bags to pay for. However, on our return leg, we will be looking at at least 200dollars in luggage fees.....don't even know whether it will make sense because I have learnt in the past that stress is not good because of small money o.

Although, I always make use of those porters that work for tips in the airports to carry stuff, but what if I don't get one? With 30kg baggage allowance on Arik, am planning to buy all buyable oooo, especially baby food and diapers.

U still de ds arik plan? Lolz.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 2:22pm On Apr 24, 2016
You didn't see my post about how I dropped my 'inyanga' and bought the ticket on friday? You should read it and laugh. I cannot be drinking gari to born baby abeg.

I am still making other decisions. I have not been able to choose between El paso and Chicago. The decision no longer boils down to cost but convenience. Wish I had family and free accomodation in Chicago sef, because Chicago is closer and I just want some kind of support system. Crossland (MIHS) haff spoilt me

nefertitiram:

U still de ds arik plan? Lolz.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ifax(f): 2:43pm On Apr 24, 2016
Has anyone watched Anchor baby? Nice movie. Its on 165 atm

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Steph07: 3:00pm On Apr 24, 2016
NaijaMama:

I'm based in Lagos and heading to Katy Texas. I'll be using a birth center, which I've already contacted. Trust me, this is pure coincidence. I have only one moniker here.
@naijamama pls send me a mail Stephanieimasua@yahoo.com tried sending a mail to u.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 3:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
happytbaby:
You didn't see my post about how I dropped my 'inyanga' and bought the ticket on friday? You should read it and laugh. I cannot be drinking gari to born baby abeg.

I am still making other decisions. I have not been able to choose between El paso and Chicago. The decision no longer boils down to cost but convenience. Wish I had family and free accomodation in Chicago sef, because Chicago is closer and I just want some kind of support system. Crossland (MIHS) haff spoilt me

Awww. Don't worry, it will end in praise.

Chicago accomodation na die o! You can only get minimum of 6mth lease and u need guarantors to secure that.

For el Paso, try to book his grace lodge early enough. I met the owner last xmas. She's so sweet and warm and a total lifesaver. Try to reach out to her when you make up your mind

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by NaijaMama: 3:32pm On Apr 24, 2016
ify4charm:
Pls new and old mama's I urgently need advise.

I just put to bed but haven't been able to express any breastmilk since the last 24hrs. LO sucks but nothing comes out. I am still doing skin to skin contact to initiate milk flow. Pls is there anyone who has experienced this and has a solution. Currently she is being bottled fed but i ll like to stop it asap.

I had the same experience with my first child. I used the Medela electric swing breast pump but even that started working properly after about 2 days. Just be patient, keep putting her on, drink lots of water and it will eventually come in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by NaijaMama: 3:38pm On Apr 24, 2016
MadameU:
A piece of advice for those trying to book Emirates online and pay in a bank; know that it's very possible, just pick the pay by card option, when you get to the next phase look out for the pay by interswitch, click that go to the next and tick the pay in the bank option and move on ...if you tick that it won't charge your card, but if you do not then you would be debited. Should anyone have problems please PM. Or post your dates n I could do a trial booking for you. I no be agent o but it's funny how I book flights everyother week just to see if rates will increase or decrease .

Is there any disadvantage if I pay with my master card?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by NaijaMama: 3:56pm On Apr 24, 2016
nefertitiram:

And if u think of the stress of dragging bags from terminal to terminal. Then add the wahala of paying for baggage on your connecting flight. It could be tiring

My sentiments exactly.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ai100: 4:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
Please i will be to dallas in june. Which hospital to you intend using..... please i need details cause the only option am thinking of is elpaso.

Dabira19:
Congrats @houseofmabella.

Good morning NLanders.Pls any Dallas mum travelling in June? Kindly PM me as per accommodation. Thanks all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dabira19: 4:48pm On Apr 24, 2016
ai100:
Please i will be to dallas in june. Which hospital to you intend using..... please i need details cause the only option am thinking of is elpaso.

Hello,reply my pm. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 4:50pm On Apr 24, 2016
Querylady24:

Really? I have been using my hand to peel the thing blocking my nipples. Will this delay milk? I was told I should also use olive oil and cotton wool to start cleaning from now. Please advise me sister.

Nursing is a demand and supply thing
The more you put the baby to the boobs the more your brain triggers your supply maker.

All these cleaning, drawing out, etc except you have inverted nips are unnecessary

If you'v not put to bed; don't even worry or stress in advance

If you've put to bed and the milk has not come out. You can also add your pump to assert twice the demand and trick your body

Drinking liquids - water, tea, pap- liquid sha helps

Relaxing and not stressing about it is also very very key

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 5:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
favoredgal:

Nursing is a demand and supply thing
The more you put the baby to the boobs the more your brain triggers your supply maker.

All these cleaning, drawing out, etc except you have inverted nips are unnecessary

If you'v not put to bed; don't even worry or stress in advance

If you've put to bed and the milk has not come out. You can also add your pump to assert twice the demand and trick your body

Drinking liquids - water, tea, pap- liquid sha helps

Relaxing and not stressing about it is also very very key

Now i understand why mamas travel with pap. Was thinking its some kinda food they like not knowing its for breast milk.

Thanks for d info.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 5:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
ozycy:

Have you been to dutse mkt on Monday? It's so rowdy on Mondays mehn, I haven't really explored the market on a Monday but I go there every oda day. Thanks

Its usually very crowded. I usually go there on mondays after work.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ccemordi(m): 6:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hello House, I need an advise about something that am not clear on.. I planned for my wife to have our second baby in the U.S and was planning for her to go alone since myself , our first and her work will be a strong tie for her to want to return after child birth ( I am the sponsor) but my friend who recently got her visa said we should apply together since my wife would be having a C-section and my presence there would be to help her before and after child birth.. My question ..... Is our first child and my logistic business and her work enough tie to convince the VO Should in case we apply together or should i let her apply alone..

The Gurus in the house can advise me on this one PLEASE embarassed
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 7:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
Amen. Thanks for the tip and prayers my sis.

Me I don't think I will enjoy sharing kitchen with other people o, my Mother and I can cook for Africa na so 'iru' go dey smell for the kitchen. I don;t think His Grace lodge will work for us.

Thanks anyway.
nefertitiram:

Awww. Don't worry, it will end in praise.

Chicago accomodation na die o! You can only get minimum of 6mth lease and u need guarantors to secure that.

For el Paso, try to book his grace lodge early enough. I met the owner last xmas. She's so sweet and warm and a total lifesaver. Try to reach out to her when you make up your mind
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 7:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
@Imo007,

I don't know if you are reading or not......You tried to PM me but it didn't work, you need to follow me. I just checked your past posts and realized I know who you are. You have disappeared from the group chat we had. Just collect my number from Mrs Bee, Acks, LeonnessAug or any of the other group member. Cheers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cheldas: 7:29pm On Apr 24, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
To all the people that took offence @bigfido if I may point out a few facts
@bigfido u go pay me advocate fees o! grin

1. Bigfido is under no obligation to reply everybody's pm. Its his discretion. If he states his reason, though it may be unreasonable to another person he still does not have to reply

2. Who e pain fit buy credit call all the hospitals and get a cheaper rate. In the alternative you can beg nicely. He did not Even name names and folks are saying they were insulted. What a sense of entitlement.

3. Yes there are monitoring spirits aka agents, lazy folks who refuse to research, folks who take and never give back. Who are quick to pm because they do not want to read back. Without any way to verify who's who, people can refuse to reply pms abeg.

Lol, let's teach people how to search on their on so they will appreciate what they have at the end of the time. I'm saying this because when I asked Q on here you sent me back an referred me to some threads which is helpful now cos we must learn not to be lazy. Thanks you and I'm coming back to when I'm done with some of my search. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 7:51pm On Apr 24, 2016
greatie:

Its usually very crowded. I usually go there on mondays after work.
OK, I will jam you Der oneday grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 7:53pm On Apr 24, 2016
If your income is hefty enough you can apply together. Your jobs serve as ties to the country.

ccemordi:
Hello House, I need an advise about something that am not clear on.. I planned for my wife to have our second baby in the U.S and was planning for her to go alone since myself , our first and her work will be a strong tie for her to want to return after child birth ( I am the sponsor) but my friend who recently got her visa said we should apply together since my wife would be having a C-section and my presence there would be to help her before and after child birth.. My question ..... Is our first child and my logistic business and her work enough tie to convince the VO Should in case we apply together or should i let her apply alone..

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:55pm On Apr 24, 2016
ccemordi:

Yes that is more than enough and you need to apply with your wife. Leaving her to go through the whole experience alone will be too much for her.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 8:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
Answers to this question would have been found if you had taken time to read past threads and pages or at least few pages on this thread. I posted my transcript wit respect to my visa and DW's. I'll leave you to find out the outcome by doing a little more research. Just go few pages back. There is an important need for us to appreciate this thread as some questions have been over flogged. I didn't have to ask a question before going for my visa interview as I read many of the questions, answers and experiences from thread 1 to 4. I hope this will assist you.

ccemordi:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by osat82(f): 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2016
NaijaMama:

I have noticed that local flights don't take off from JFK in New York. Flights can either be gotten from Laguadia or Newark. If that's the case, how do I shuttle arriving in JFK and catching a flight to Houston?

I am also trying to use wakanow to book one way from Lagos to JFK and one way return from Houston to Lagos. Do you envisage any challenges with at the Point of Entry when I present tickets from 2 different airlines and 2 different locations?

i think that might be more expensive, i am also going to houston through JFK,from jfki'll take a bus shuttle(about 14 dollars) to laguadia to take a flight to houston.

http://www.nycairporter.com/Schedule/BusStopsLocator.aspx

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ajiedeko(f): 8:46pm On Apr 24, 2016
swappylove:

Hi dear, saw ur pm.might as well answer here.
Not sure u may want to use my hospital though cos it was quite pricey compared to lots of other dallas deals.
I used methodist Charlton and hospital cost was 4500 for vaginal delivery, I probably will pay more though cos I was under observations in hospital b4 I gave birth.only God knows how much they will charge. Am still in hospital.peadatrician was 600
CS in the hospital is 7000.
My doc was 2700 and it includes lab works.
In dallas though there are so many good deals like doctors hospital which is 3000, JPS hospital which I hear is 4500 for everything and someone also mentioned baylor carrolton.i will advice u research these

Thanks sis
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Querylady24(f): 8:58pm On Apr 24, 2016
[quote author=chikos post=44989710][/quote]

Appreciate the info...thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.