Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899416 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Pamperme: 3:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
CNOROYALCLAN:
Thanks for the great job guyz. Please is anyone travelling to El paso in June? What route do you intend to take? I really want to avoid Houston POE. I am thinking of JFK but I feel it’s going to be VERY VERY stressful. Advise pls.

Perhaps if you have someone in New York, you can just rest for the night and take a flight to Houston the next. i stayed with a friend's husband overnight and took flight from Laguardia to El Paso with Southwest the next day. That way, the stress was reduced and i didnt have to go through Houston. But if you dont have anyone in New York and you can afford an overnight stay at the hotel, just look for one close to Laguardia airport.
Will you be staying at Intown?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 3:48pm On Apr 28, 2016
chloe7:
Citibank is vip banking cheesy not gbogbo ero bank cheesy that vetting sef might take a while, the applicant has to have a very strong financial standing and also a very good job that pays well

Abi ooo!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by splendidT: 3:48pm On Apr 28, 2016
Thanks for your input. Noooo, we haven't misrepresented. Matter of fact, we haven't applied for a U.S. visa before. And even while filling the form, we were careful not to leave out any details.

LadyGuinivere:

One word
REAPPLY
In the reason For reason for denial, write that u do not feel that you had a chance at fair hearing at the former interview.that no chance was given to u to demonstrate your ties and ability to pay your bills.

Unless! Have either you or husband misrepresented before?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by njidekachi: 4:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
Good day house, abeg na only me and Yetiscomamareli dey go El paso mid may? WheRe are the El paso may bound mums, may we unite o

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by babyokujide(f): 4:49pm On Apr 28, 2016
passionantchica:
Good for you!!!! God bless you plenty too. And rest well o, you're already there smiley
May my Miami POE be as sweet for me as JFK was for you oooooo.

Meanwhile, did you actually mean $200 or it was a typo
I took my Medif form, medical Cert. And fit to fly to their office today.

Please, where did you get the TED stockings?

Yes I travld with $200 u knw how I hustled for PTA with no luck, so I sent money via WU to my family last wk and I intend to use my stanbic card. I got that $200 just 2 have cash @ hand, black market rate @ 324 to $1.
I got Ted stockings from my hospital, told my doc and he asked d nurses to Gv me. They measure me thighs and lower legs and gave me my size.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mummybee: 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2016
fitmaama2:

if u have a car seat/stroller from the older kids can u travel along with it when going (pregnant)? would it be weird?

Weird keh?! Who has money to waste! My sister pls take your car seat along. I have two strollers though, one that comes with the travel system and a lighter one which I bought for abt $20. Will be travelling with my car seat( will check it in @ d airport) then d stroller to push my todler around.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by wolefola: 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
pls house,I need clarity ond this pead issue, must a pead be present during delivery to recieve d baby or how does it work.Please anyone who has used HoustonNorthWest should help o.Can u get ur own pediatrician who can come to the hospital during delivery,d hospital's pead group price is way to much haba.Pls if have any info plsss help.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ujan: 5:44pm On Apr 28, 2016
njidekachi:
Good day house, abeg na only me and Yetiscomamareli dey go El paso mid may? WheRe are the El paso may bound mums, may we unite o
am also going to el paso may 28,leaving Abuja may 26 via Dubai using emirates,arriving dallas may 28 and head to el paso.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dabira19: 6:37pm On Apr 28, 2016
chloe7:
me I don't think so o, if I drop it in Naija I will have to buy another in the u.s no be waste of money be that? cheesy, if the older ones have outgrown both car seat and strollers then take it along

Thanks for this o. In fact,I'm going to dust mine right away n pack it.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fitmaama2(f): 7:09pm On Apr 28, 2016
Hi my darling NLanders,

I would like to share with u my checklist for mine and my DH interview on Tuesday;

*Budget Sheet totaling $17,600 using official rate N3,532,056 this is also inclusive of our flight ($3,400) and spending money of $1000-is this necessary to include pls?
*Our joint savings account totaling $18,500 (we actually saved for this mission lol)
*My bank statement with a balance of N980k
*DH bank statement with a balance of N1.5m
*A flyer from a fellow NLander who has used the hospital i want to use as they refused to share email correspondence- I am using Medical Center of Mckinney. The flyer shows the breakdown of prices. same prices were given to me on the phone
*Breakdown of cost from the Doctors office too. I was sent an email with an attachment. The attachment the the breakdown was not signed o....does it matter? i printed with the email body which only had[b] ' Here are the private pay amounts you requested. if u need anything else please give a call. [/b]
After this email, all attempts to get them to correspond was to no avail. I am using Dr Lawrence Pierce
*I have a letter of introduction from my company stating my current position and pay etc
*DH's letter of introduction from his coy stating current position and pay
*Both our payslips for 3 months
*Marriage Cerificate and change of name newspaper adv as i still currently bear my maiden name on my passport
*A picture showing the family as we have another child who isnt going with us
*Appointment confirmation slip and receipt of payment from GTB

Am i missing ANYTHING plssssssssss?

I am 21weeks pregnant already and showing well well........

@everyone
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 7:11pm On Apr 28, 2016
Oh thanks.
I didn't get PTA too o, or let me say I haven't gotten.
So I probably will just make do somehow.

It's just so annoying, PTA that we always walk into the bank and collect same day, now we're
running from pillar to post to get.

Hmmm.

Meanwhile, how was the flight, especially the Doha to JFK leg? Did you get the exit seat? or which?
And did you use a wheelchair?
babyokujide:

Yes I travld with $200 u knw how I hustled for PTA with no luck, so I sent money via WU to my family last wk and I intend to use my stanbic card. I got that $200 just 2 have cash @ hand, black market rate @ 324 to $1.
I got Ted stockings from my hospital, told my doc and he asked d nurses to Gv me. They measure me thighs and lower legs and gave me my size.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 7:13pm On Apr 28, 2016
splendidT:
I have been following this thread from part 1 thru 4. Had my visa interview this morning with hubby in Abuja. Went with all necessary docs as seen on this thread, was denied for no reason.

Vo: good morning
Hubby & I: good morning.
Vo: (scans passports and then looks thru the screen), i can see you are going to have your baby in the US?
Hubby: yes.
Vo: how much do you think this trip will cost?
Hubby: 16K usd. Wanted to pass her budget sheet but she said "I don't need to see any doc."
Vo: where do you work (asking hubby)?
Hubby: xyz multinational company, and as abc manager.
Vo: how much do you earn?
Hubby: told her actual pay (well above 600K monthly), attempted giving her payslips but she again declined saying same.
Vo: flips thru hubby's passport and asked "what did u go for in Egypt?"
Hubby: I went for training - gave details (meanwhile Hubby has been to UK & France many times, as well as SOuth Africa, and Egypt)
Vo: can I see ur acct statement?
Hubby: passed on savings and salary statements (about 30K usd)
Vo: typed and typed and typed...sorry your application has been denied. Passed yellow form and said have a nice day.

She didn't even ask me any question + na so she just dey bone. She 'drilled' a preg woman before me like say d woman offended her before (kept asking her like 6 different times 'y not give birth in south Africa, UK, must it be US), come deny her join.

i dey pray say make she no call me o but...na she call me (window 9). She don reject everybody before us sef.

House, please advise. I am considering applying again next month o...I'm 21 weeks gone.

I think you should reapply after about a month. And better still reapply alone. Let hubby serve as a tie. Still maintain the same purpose of visit. And make sure you go with your burden of proof and one more thing don't push forward or offer any document until it's requested for. It is well. God will grant you favour.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 7:22pm On Apr 28, 2016
fitmaama2:

if u have a car seat/stroller from the older kids can u travel along with it when going (pregnant)? would it be weird?
weird kee? My dear dollar ain't smiling right now. Pls do the needful cheesy check it in.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 7:25pm On Apr 28, 2016
Please how was that trip to El paso? Its very hard for me that there is no direct flight. Its too long jo. That is my major issue right now.

Pamperme:

Perhaps if you have someone in New York, you can just rest for the night and take a flight to Houston the next. i stayed with a friend's husband overnight and took flight from Laguardia to El Paso with Southwest the next day. That way, the stress was reduced and i didnt have to go through Houston. But if you dont have anyone in New York and you can afford an overnight stay at the hotel, just look for one close to Laguardia airport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CNOROYALCLAN: 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
Thanks Pamperme. Yes I plan to stay at intown suite. Did you book your connecting flight from Lagos or you booked it when you arrived NY?
Pamperme:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by emmanjo: 8:28pm On Apr 28, 2016
@splendidT. Sorry about d outcome.

@ Ebonychic. Don't you think that might reduce her chances?

ebonychic18:
I think you should reapply after about a month. And better still reapply alone. Let hubby serve as a tie. Still maintain the same purpose of visit. And make sure you go with your burden of proof and one more thing don't push forward or offer any document until it's requested for. It is well. God will grant you favour.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by njidekachi: 8:33pm On Apr 28, 2016
I ve pm u, make we chat
[Iquote author=ujan post=45128163] am also going to el paso may 28,leaving Abuja may 26 via Dubai using emirates,arriving dallas may 28 and head to el paso.
[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 8:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
Emmanjo and splendidT grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Vlesparza: 9:17pm On Apr 28, 2016
fitmaama2:

*A flyer from a fellow NLander who has used the hospital i want to use as they refused to share email correspondence- I am using Medical Center of Mckinney. The flyer shows the breakdown of prices. same prices were given to me on the phone
*Breakdown of cost from the Doctors office too. I was sent an email with an attachment. The attachment the the breakdown was not signed o....does it matter? i printed with the email body which only had[b] ' Here are the private pay amounts you requested. if u need anything else please give a call. [/b]
After this email, all attempts to get them to correspond was to no avail. I am using Dr Lawrence Pierce

Am i missing ANYTHING plssssssssss?

I am 21weeks pregnant already and showing well well........

@everyone

Get proper medical documentation. A letter from your doctor is best, flyers and emails prove nothing and can be rejected.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 9:26pm On Apr 28, 2016
emmanjo:
@splendidT. Sorry about d outcome.

@ Ebonychic. Don't you think that might reduce her chances?

@emmanjo how?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 9:32pm On Apr 28, 2016
candyce:

To the best of my knowledge a FTM cannot have vbac. It simply means vagina birth after having a csection for the previous birth. Except you want to have a planned csection and enquire it you can have a vbac for the next pregnancy. smiley

Ok i thnk we need to research more before speaking authoritatively. No harm meant my dear, but u need to understand the following; especially bcz we are all here to learn and help each other.

Myomectomy is the surgical removal of fibroids from the uterus. It allows the uterus to be left in place and, for some women, makes pregnancy more likely than before. Myomectomy is the preferred fibroid treatment for women who want to become pregnant.

After myomectomy, a cesarean section may be needed for delivery. This depends in part on where and how big the myomectomy incision is.

Therefore d enquirer was right to ask abt VBAC. D reason being that once a surgery has been dne on d uterus most doctors dnt encourage VD bcz d force of pushing cn erupt the earlier suture. So in essence women who hav dne myomectomy hav to do cesarian.

Shes a first time mom bt wants to knw if she cn do VBAC. She knws wht shes asking.

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by customised87: 10:04pm On Apr 28, 2016
ccemordi:
Hello House,

Wifey just got back from work today and gave me a news i dont know if to be excited or what sef..

She was picked with 5 other staffs to travel to the U.S by her employer on official duty but its Optional if she cant go because of her Condition. The 6 of them will be sponsored by the Company. She is pregnant and looks as if she will give birth anytime soon lol but she is just in her Second Trim ... I was initially making arrangement for her to have the baby in the U.S but now this offer came.

House please help me analyze this matter.

Do you think she should take the offer? If so do you anticipate any challenges at POE
OR
Should she decline the offer since its optional and stick to our initial arrangement?
OR
Take the offer and inform VO that she would also like to have the baby in the U.S......Is it Wise?

I am confuse o .. please my Gurus HELP

I think she should take the offer. One mama was in similar shoe, she simply told them at POE that she came for a training and would be staying back to give birth as she is already due. I cant remember her moniker. You however need to be fully prepared in terms of cash, Dr's correspondence n all. It will end in praise.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2016

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 10:16pm On Apr 28, 2016
blaize777:
Whmc bill is crazy well I won't even dare dem again never.went to the hospital I need close monitor cos my baby is just 2kg now every wk I visit 100 dollar imagine after I ve paid all my bills.if it will result to cs hospital and all extra 2500. embarassed embarassed so sad with nig dollar wahala all dis no dey my budget.ooo dats like paying 10k.so depressed right.pls experience mum wat can I do for my baby weight to increase biko as dey say is distressed confused but position and all is okay just dat instead of growing d pikin dey loose weight #scared#36wks already
Nb-for those using whmc do all ur test for nig if u luv ur self cos d bill u go cry.i Neva drop bill don dey increase my test ve saved some bills though
Pls wer can I get car seat and stroller as I hrd is compulsory to buy wat mall and Wats d price range urgent pls

Am soo sorry love. However i hope this helps. Went stroller shopping yestrday and saw ds travrl system (car seat $ stroller) for 129.99. Dats d cheapest so far. Regular prices are btw 179.99-399.99

Burlington coat factory... Sharpstown

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 10:33pm On Apr 28, 2016
NaijaMama:

Thanks for your advise. But the truth is that they're not really cheaper when compared with some hospitals in Houston. The one I'm thinking of using has a total package of $5,600. I am actually just very enthusiastic about trying water-birth and experiencing a homelike birth. My first child was VB and I have taken my time to evaluate the situation, even up to the emergency bit and I am pretty confident that I'll be fine.

I'll be leaving the country at 35+ weeks and I'm working with a wonderful gynaecologist here. If he as much as shows a little bit of reluctance before I leave, I'll change my mind and use a hospital, otherwise, I'm actually pretty excited about the birth center option.

Cheers girlfriend. D water birth sounds really tempting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 10:36pm On Apr 28, 2016
mismarshal:
Hello Ajujuju2. How did the appointment with Dr Dama go? Please assist as this would enable me finalize my plans on using him. Thank you.

Hi dear. It went well.
He was calm and friendly and patiently asking if i had more questions.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 10:41pm On Apr 28, 2016
fitmaama2:

Weird or not ts ur choice and evrybody shld mind dr business. Only thing is if u arnt travelling wt a toddler u will have to pay to check it in or use it as 1 of ur luggage.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by candyce(f): 11:16pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ajujuju2:

Ok i thnk we need to research more before speaking authoritatively. No harm meant my dear, but u need to understand the following; especially bcz we are all here to learn and help each other.

Myomectomy is the surgical removal of fibroids from the uterus. It allows the uterus to be left in place and, for some women, makes pregnancy more likely than before. Myomectomy is the preferred fibroid treatment for women who want to become pregnant.

After myomectomy, a cesarean section may be needed for delivery. This depends in part on where and how big the myomectomy incision is.

Therefore d enquirer was right to ask abt VBAC. D reason being that once a surgery has been dne on d uterus most doctors dnt encourage VD bcz d force of pushing cn erupt the earlier suture. So in essence women who hav dne myomectomy hav to do cesarian.

Shes a first time mom bt wants to knw if she cn do VBAC. She knws wht shes asking.
Ok.... now I understand. Thanks dear. Am still learning wink kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Moyetty: 11:38pm On Apr 28, 2016
Pls any one going to dallas with Emirates by ending of may
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 11:52pm On Apr 28, 2016
ekpotek:
Hi all,
Any idea of affordable accommodation in Brooklyn NY for extended stay at least 3 months for birthing purpose. We intend to use New York Methodist hospital, Brooklyn. Thanks
Have you checked via airbnb.com.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 11:54pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ajujuju2:

Am soo sorry love. However i hope this helps. Went stroller shopping yestrday and saw ds travrl system (car seat $ stroller) for 129.99. Dats d cheapest so far. Regular prices are btw 179.99-399.99

Burlington coat factory... Sharpstown
Okay thanks dear will check it out
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebiv: 12:01am On Apr 29, 2016
Pls is anyone going to houston from Abuja via Emirates 27th of May? Travel companion needed especially for the layover in Dubai... Plsss

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.