Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,067 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace (6726 Views)

What Should You Blog About. A Detailed Insight And Guide To Blogging Successfull / Characteristics & Benefits Of A Good SEO Experts / 7 Mistakes Bloggers Make That Defame Their Blogs By Mediapace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by Mediapace: 12:28pm On Apr 01, 2016
I am back again on Webmaster,These are the characteristics of a successfull blog :

1.Awesome design:
According to cuutio,Your blog design is the first thing people see.
It’s also the most distinguishable feature of your blog.
And a way for you to express yourself and what the blog stands for.
If you’re using WordPress or Tumblr – avoid using the default themes! Seriously, they are the most bland and uninspiring designs available.
You’ll certainly not see Twenty Eleven as the Theme for any reputable blog.
Why? Because it tells people you’re too lazy to make an effort. The default themes are generic and it suggests the content will be generic too.
What’s to say the content will be of any quality – especially with a default WordPress theme? Hire a developer, or buy a theme and customize it yourself.
Custom themes show off your personality and look more professional than the free themes available.

2.Spectacular and matching images : According to cuutio again Images play an important role in pulling visitors into your content.
They are also great at complementing your post and can help reinforce a point you’re making.
Just be sure to avoid the cliche and over- used images of boardroom meetings and two people shaking hands.
Instead look for some unique and eye-catching photos to make your posts pop.
I find most of my images through Flickr by using the Creative Commons Search.
It’s free and I have no problem crediting the maker in my post.
But it can take up to 30mins to find the perfect image and don't include overwhelming images.

3.Perfect Load Time :
There are times when you open some blogs,it will take time for the homepage to load talkless of other pages,this is bad. We hate this,i as a person i skip those sort of blogs,my time is precious than Gold to me.
If it is images causing it,i will employ you to reduce it

4.Nice Alexa ranking :
Your Alexa rank tells a lot about your blog,i always check alexa rank of any blog before visiting them,For more on Alexa rank go to :

https://www.nairaland.com/2848257/10-ways-improve-alexa-ranking

5.Traffic driving contents :
Your blog must containg rich contents,it delay guests from leaving your blogs especially blogs with Topics you may like hyperlinks,it really helps in getting viewers busy on your blog for hours.

6.Proper S.e.o. Ranking:
When your S.e.o. Ranking is awesome just like Nairaland,you are already a famous blogger,Million of Nigerians use google everyday and i think Nairaland get up to 50k backlinks per day,you can only achieve this by writing original Articles.

7.Proper backlinks from other websites : This is an essential characteristics for bloggers,I will not even know Linda Ikeji if not for Nairaland,the best way to get backlinks from popular websites is by writing Original articles and pasting it on forums adding your links

Writer:Ayobami/Mediapace

1 Like

Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by fattbabakay(m): 1:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
You might also want to consider ORIGINAL CONTENT

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by Mediapace: 1:12pm On Apr 01, 2016
Yea it is among traffic driving contents
fattbabakay:
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by gidimasters(m): 4:13pm On Apr 01, 2016
Okay Good Writeup
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by bukynkwuenu: 5:07pm On Apr 01, 2016
grin traffic driving contents like....posting and uploading the stupidity of dul*lardinhos laughable govt....
and see yasef flying high
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by rawtouch: 5:07pm On Apr 01, 2016
Keypoints
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by VocalWalls: 5:08pm On Apr 01, 2016
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by BIGTinfotech: 5:08pm On Apr 01, 2016
True!
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by innocent04: 5:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
Great article

Other ways to become a successful blogger : http://berichinfo.com
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by justicejay(m): 5:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
This is shit. Doest affect fuel scarcity

1 Like

Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by FreemanDave(m): 5:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
Yeah yeah...
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by ofofoCEO(f): 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2016
kelvinmez:
NL can pass as a successfull one....though a forum

Nairaland has been a Hit since day one... I miss sexkillz

1 Like

Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by 4nobody4every1: 5:11pm On Apr 01, 2016
cool
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by Rick9(m): 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2016
K
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by petkoffdrake2(m): 5:13pm On Apr 01, 2016
I want to b a blogger but no laptop cry
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by sosilly4b(m): 5:20pm On Apr 01, 2016
Hhd
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by nigerianngo: 5:22pm On Apr 01, 2016
You can check my blog: www.nigerianngo.com Criticisms are welcome
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by nenergy(m): 5:22pm On Apr 01, 2016
Mediapace:

4.Nice Alexa ranking :
i always check alexa rank of any blog before visiting them
I don't believe it! Where's the time to check ranking before? Its more plausible ; "After visiting" .

1 Like

Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by fireforfire: 5:23pm On Apr 01, 2016
fattbabakay:

Dat is d koko
Not all dis copy n paste pple
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by qtx(m): 5:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
on point. CIK(content is King) followed by other specifics.
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by Aminat508(f): 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2016
Nice one @ Mediapace
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by VocalWalls: 5:40pm On Apr 01, 2016
Ojonfemi:

Pawpaw you are right

Pawpaw?
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by DBossNG(m): 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
Hmm....
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by Generalkorex(m): 6:10pm On Apr 01, 2016
Ok
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by Mediapace: 6:14pm On Apr 01, 2016
Thanks Aunty Ami grin
Aminat508:
Nice one @ Mediapace
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by Mediapace: 6:15pm On Apr 01, 2016
Java phone sef not bad baba
petkoffdrake2:
I want to b a blogger but no laptop cry
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by Lagishan: 7:16pm On Apr 01, 2016
By a property in banana island cool
Re: 7 Characteristics Of A Successfull Blog - Mediapace by tecnolad(m): 7:20pm On Apr 01, 2016
a good domain name too

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Translate A Scanned Jpeg Document Into English: Urgent Help Pls! / How Do You Receive Your Money From Flippa? / When VBHostNET.com Lose Your Reseller Accounts And Say - "We Have No Backup"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.