Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,125 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Are Bankers Really Stingy? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are Bankers Really Stingy? (453 Views)

Check Your Wealthy Mind; Stingy Or Not? / Please Bankers & Experts Come To My Aid Before My Friend Rob Me / 5 Signs To Know When A Typical "Yahooboy" Maga Don Stingy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Bankers Really Stingy? by christopheru(m): 3:20pm On Apr 01, 2016
"Bankers are stingy." This is a misconception! It is an offshoot of the popular opinion that bankers are wealthy. My ears have grown dull from hearing this popular line. It's like saying lawyers cannot be stingy or saying being a doctor automatically makes you a good person. This I'll say is a Fallacy of hasty generalization. 'Bankers are not stingy.' I'd rather say most of them are prudent. They work with money and have learnt to value it. Below are some of the reasons prudence is a necessary trait in a Banker. The Industry is volatile The volatility of the Nigerian banking Industry is well documented. It is an annual tsunami, with a stroke of its waves rendering many jobless and left with whatever has been saved for the rainy days. It's safe to say the bankers earn through one of the hardest means; with the highest level of uncertainty and pressure. So, wouldn't you rather advise a banker dad, mum, friend or boo to save for the rainy days? Shortages Bankers are not machines, bank tellers in market branches go through a lot of stress, attending to countless number of customers, counting, bundling and 'unbundling' millions in a day. Well, listen up! We make mistakes, which could sometimes be more than our monthly earnings. Sadly, we don't get to enjoy overages when they occur, but we pay from our earnings for shortages. How do you expect a dude in this position to be generous? It's yours, not The bankers' ! You all need to understand that all that huge cash in a bank are accounted for, to the last kobo. It's not the bankers' money, it is your money, you and that woman out there who has a shop on your street, your manager who owns a Land- rover jeep, your friend with the Infiniti QX4. The bankers don't have access to it. Pay structure The pay structure and take home of average Bankers are not what it seems to be. It is made up of several other benefits they don't get to take home monthly such as, leave allowance and medicals, not leaving out deductions such as taxes, pension contribution, NHF contribution, and other statutory contributions. An average salary of say N134,000 might just leave a take home of N95, 000 monthly after butchering and deductions. This might seem a good take home pay for anyone, when you consider his accommodation of about 200k per annum, ~16.5k a month, he get to spend on his wardrobe ( y'all love the smart, crisp bankers dress right? grin ), several other dependants, transportation, fun (considering their high taste), and education for those running masters programs and other professional courses, "mehn you have to cut the bankers some slack" Fake life Unfortunately, some bankers genuinely don't have the money, they practically live beyond their means and spend their salary before being paid. They live a life of pretense and lies. The Banker is not a bank Oh, you really have that great business idea or plan, you have something reasonable to do with the fund you want, why not approach a micro-finance bank? The profession is completely overrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats Your Say?
Re: Are Bankers Really Stingy? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 01, 2016
This should have been under career but not withstanding, they are stingy cause i have encounter them in various ways
Re: Are Bankers Really Stingy? by tosyne2much(m): 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
All I can say is that Bankers are stereotyped "STINGY" cheesy
Re: Are Bankers Really Stingy? by sim37(m): 3:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
That question is as old as the world itself
Re: Are Bankers Really Stingy? by xender(m): 6:36pm On Apr 01, 2016
am ere on time

(1) (Reply)

School Fees Payment: Horrible Experience At Union Bank Plc , Lafia / GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY FOR BENIN REPUBLIC(Cotonou) UNIVERSITIES DEGREE ADMISSION SEE / School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.