Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007978 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Churkie: 6:41pm On May 14, 2016
thesoj:
@Churkie, sorry about the delay.
In your application that was refused, did you include an SOP explaining why you were switching from polymer to petroleum engineering? Did you explain why you were going for a Diploma instead of a PGD or MSc?

Also, keep in mind that a study leave letter (& future employment letter) is sort of useless if your employer's business line is completely unrelated to your program of study in Canada.

@thesoj, thanks. I clearly stated in my SOP that I had wanted to study petroleum engineering at UG level but I instead got Polymer engineering due to the supplementary admission process. To proof this, I submitted my Jamb result showing Petroleum engineering as my course of study. Furthermore I stated that I accepted the offer to study polymer engin. because it is related in some areas( which I also stated, polymer rheology and polymers for enhanced oil recovery) to petroleum engineering.

I didn't submit study leave letter from my employer and I also didn't explain my decision for choosing a diploma program.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olah23(m): 6:52pm On May 14, 2016
Forget about the call, I don't think they will call from Canada, if they want to call it's either there office in lagos or Ghana just post the number here let us see. And there is application here that has applied since Feb and still on awaiting queue.. take chill pills with coke or use VSOP for better chilling lol...
jonzkid11:
i have apply for student visa since march and till now it not out just saying proccessing in Arcca, they called my sponsor before and he didnt answer the phone, the number was canada number and we couldnt call it back would it be the reason for this delay and please have any one apply for this long and still get there visa or have anyone been called like that and missed the call and still get there visa please house give me something to hold up to i am worried

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Iggynasia(f): 7:08pm On May 14, 2016
I think in most schools it's compulsory for first year students to stay on campus
Tosh1:
Since I will be going in as an undergraduate,do you think I should stay on or off campus?Both are quite expensive though...Thanks guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Teehp(f): 7:09pm On May 14, 2016
durai:
so u mean applying for student visa into canada now takes 14wks nd not 8wks for processing
na so we see am *sigh*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team16(m): 7:23pm On May 14, 2016
Team27:

I have been here before you. I was the one who accused you of not paying homage to team 12 back then... I only modified my moniker. Oya take the CAD

Okay, since you modified your moniker den as per moniker I'm your senior, anyways I don accept the CAD. Let the blessings that followed Team 12 which I tapped into follow u as well because I tapped into it and blessings have been following me. I received my admission letter today, I don't have a Masters degree but I got Straight PhD admission, Full funded. I bless God for Today. It's just God, can't equate it to anything.

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 7:26pm On May 14, 2016
Teehp:
na so we see am *sigh*
thanks Bro...... but after medicals like how many weeks can 1 wait
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 7:28pm On May 14, 2016
jonzkid11:
i have apply for student visa since march and till now it not out just saying proccessing in Arcca, they called my sponsor before and he didnt answer the phone, the number was canada number and we couldnt call it back would it be the reason for this delay and please have any one apply for this long and still get there visa or have anyone been called like that and missed the call and still get there visa please house give me something to hold up to i am worried
guy was it paper route or online route u did
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team27(f): 7:55pm On May 14, 2016
Team16:

Okay, since you modified your moniker den as per moniker I'm your senior, anyways I don accept the CAD. Let the blessings that followed Team 12 which I tapped into follow u as well because I tapped into it and blessings have been following me. I received my admission letter today, I don't have a Masters degree but I got Straight PhD admission, Full funded. I bless God for Today. It's just God, can't equate it to anything.

Amen. I received the blessings and I will testify to it by the grace of God. It is well with us. Congratulations. You earned it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iammartinzo(m): 8:37pm On May 14, 2016
Iggynasia:
I think in most schools it's compulsory for first year students to stay on campus
Nothing is compulsory.... it's a choice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 10:29pm On May 14, 2016
Team16:

Wow, congratulations.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yungreezy: 10:32pm On May 14, 2016
yungreezy:
Is it advisable for someone with a 2.1(3.68) to go for a PGD programme in Canada? Especially for someone who intends to gain residency there afterwards. Reason for wanting to go for a PGD is funds, masters fee is expensive from what ive seen, looking for a course in IT.
someone answer na cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bukyne: 10:54pm On May 14, 2016
ciot:

Hi Bukyne Your SOP has been reviewed. Check your mail.

Thanks ciot, I'm grateful. Well done
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 14, 2016
@hayqinsbFX
Kindly update me into d Testimony group.
Applied May 10th, Uni. Of Saskatchewan, M.A- Paper route.
Been busy all dis while.
I say a big thank u to y'all, dis is a whole big family beyond comparison.
Special thanks to justwise n' Ogasiga...
Personally am gonna organise a big NL family re-union in Maple's land someday smiley
Ve a lovely night rest
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Adeolaolaide16: 11:30pm On May 14, 2016
Good day, plz I wan know if Police headquarter's office in Ibadan issue Police Clearance and how much? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jonzkid11: 11:31pm On May 14, 2016
na paper i be do o not online. thank you all, do you think it will be great for me to go to the embassy and check myself?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by o2(f): 1:23am On May 15, 2016
Team16:

Okay, since you modified your moniker den as per moniker I'm your senior, anyways I don accept the CAD. Let the blessings that followed Team 12 which I tapped into follow u as well because I tapped into it and blessings have been following me. I received my admissin letter today, I don't have a Masters degree but I got Straight PhD admission, Full funded. I bless God for Today. It's just God, can't equate it to anything.

Off to change my name to Team 2076. Congrats maam or are u a sire.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 4:44am On May 15, 2016
Someone should volouteer to continu o...

I don dey handover....i no be oga justwise grin grin grin grin

effectplus:
@hayqinsbFX
Kindly update me into d Testimony group.
Applied May 10th, Uni. Of Saskatchewan, M.A- Paper route.
Been busy all dis while.
I say a big thank u to y'all, dis is a whole big family beyond comparison.
Special thanks to justwise n' Ogasiga...
Personally am gonna organise a big NL family re-union in Maple's land someday smiley
Ve a lovely night rest

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ATOLEX(m): 5:55am On May 15, 2016
Hello pls m new here,pls can anyone type d full details nd steps needed to travel to get to CANADA ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Joe980: 6:10am On May 15, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
Someone should volouteer to continu o...
I don dey handover....i no be oga justwise grin grin grin grin
You don dey form now ba? shocked

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bioben: 6:33am On May 15, 2016
jonzkid11:
na paper i be do o not online. thank you all, do you think it will be great for me to go to the embassy and check myself?
Did u do upfront medical?i have submitted for almost 5wks no upfront medical i havent heard anytin from them paper route too....guys we submitted same day got medical invite 2wks after submission....m also really worried too now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 7:00am On May 15, 2016
Who am I to form......habba
Joe980:
You don dey form now ba? shocked
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by irshadmuaz: 9:19am On May 15, 2016
Bioben:

Did u do upfront medical?i have submitted for almost 5wks no upfront medical i havent heard anytin from them paper route too....guys we submitted same day got medical invite 2wks after submission....m also really worried too now

I dont think worrying would help its out of our hands. I have applied online almost 4 weeks myself, but no call for medicals here too. Let's b patient and hope.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tolfa(m): 10:35am On May 15, 2016
I will advise you get your police clearance in Lagos
Adeolaolaide16:
Good day, plz I wan know if Police headquarter's office in Ibadan issue Police Clearance and how much? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olah23(m): 11:28am On May 15, 2016
U can get it there I knw som1 who got is own there. U can get it at any state CID ok not compulsory lagos as long as it's state CID
Adeolaolaide16:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 11:29am On May 15, 2016
Hello house
Happy Sunday to u all. can anyone give an estimate of rejection rate after medical call
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 11:30am On May 15, 2016
Hello house
Happy Sunday to u all. can anyone give an estimate of rejection rate after medical call or if som1 is being called 4 medicals, is dat a positive sign dat 1 wud b granted visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bleuocean: 11:46am On May 15, 2016
durai:
Hello house
Happy Sunday to u all. can anyone give an estimate of rejection rate after medical call or if som1 is being called 4 medicals, is dat a positive sign dat 1 wud b granted visa

Is 50/50 now. Before it use to be a sign of approval but now thing has changed. Lot of people get rejected after spending more money doing medicals. CIC is toiling with Nigerian applicants as such things don't happen in developed countries.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 12:02pm On May 15, 2016
Bleuocean:

Is 50/50 now. Before it use to be a sign of approval but now thing has changed. Lot of people get rejected after spending more money doing medicals. CIC is toiling with Nigerian applicants as such things don't happen in developed countries.
nawa ooo...Thanks bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by blackhoney(f): 12:08pm On May 15, 2016
happy Sunday to u all pls help I will be submitting my application tomorrow I HV filled these forms imm 5832 e, imm 5645, imm1294, imm 5482 and visa consent form pls am I missing anytin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Daveboiz(m): 12:39pm On May 15, 2016
hi grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by cocotizo: 1:07pm On May 15, 2016
My Wife and I are planning a phased relocation to Canada.

We have researched her going as a matured student (32yrs, OND) to improve her education, but going with 2kids (7, 5) but were told not to waste time as she would not get the Student Permit required.

We have good travelling record wife (4X- SA; 3X - UK; 4X - UAE); self (+10X - UK; SA -1); Kids (1 -UK; 1 -SA) all within the past 10year period.

I am a middle level mgr in a corporate firm in Nigeria (about N400K/mth; can provide an acct bal - N1.5mil). Introduction letter from office, payslips; title deed/approved plan on 2 lands under devt; CSCS acct (500k); Life insur (1.5mil); Pension Fund acct(10mil) are no problem.

My wife has a prvt business but not so buoyant as she is d own managing most the home front (can provide corporate acct bal -N500k) and tax clearance.

How best does this consider for a CA visting visa? Can we all go together, while I leave them there? Children schooling? Can she get some under table job till she regularises? what is needed to regularize? can she change her visitor visa for student permit while in CA( I can afford to pay her school fees and give some monthly stipends)? what options do I have to join them in 1/2yrs later?

Just perusing here for advice or experience, to limit exposure with shylock agents out there.

Thx.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by girlloom(f): 1:33pm On May 15, 2016
Hi house,

I have a 2.2 in Accounting, Masters in HR from a UK uni and over 5 years working experience in HR. I want to apply for an MBA and I understand most or if not all Canadian schools accept a minimum of 2.1. Please, does anyone know of any school in Canada that is likely to overlook my 2.2 degree? If none, I will appreciate advice on how to go about my application for an MBA in Canada.Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.