Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,781 members, 7,831,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1011089 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 7:48pm On May 31, 2016
foreverkind1:

Yes bro physiology is part of the requirement, that's why am asking d house
Then try do a quick research on Google their job duty and responsibility, that's when you will know how to put it in your SOP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by overtlyderanged: 8:13pm On May 31, 2016
wayaa007:

IOM sends almost immediately the result comes out, this I'm sure. Consultant practice doesn't, and bear in mind, God forbid, you require further tests, Consultant practice may be a little bit slow.
So if speed of delivery is your concern, and you do not want to "experiment" the validity of the 14days, go to IOM. This only represents my own opinion.

Are those guys slow? Cos I did mine on a Wednesday and got a cic update on Saturday, approx. 3 days later.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tundechange: 8:19pm On May 31, 2016
Hello good people, how was ur day?

Please, it takes WES 20 business working days to complete an evaluation. Is it effective the date the order is made or the date they received all documents to be evaluated?

Secondly, does WES verify all transcripts from all school and through what medium is the verification done?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tundechange: 8:19pm On May 31, 2016

Please, it takes WES 20 business working days to complete an evaluation. Is it effective the date the order is made or the date they received all documents to be evaluated?

Secondly, does WES verify all transcripts from all schools and through what medium is the verification done?

Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Temiy: 8:30pm On May 31, 2016
oyeleye22:

Congratulations Please when did u apply. Is it for a study permit?
Yes it's study permit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Temiy: 8:31pm On May 31, 2016
oyeleye22:

Congratulations Please when did u apply. Is it for a study permit?
Yes it's study permit thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by luckyprince(m): 8:32pm On May 31, 2016
Thanx @Eugene83, She will be the one applying my son (an American citizen 14 months old) and I will be here as home ties, once in a while we will be visiting. She will be going for her masters, I will be needing the team here to guide and direct me please.

Eugene83:

The visitors visa is a good thing to have. If you're interested in studying in canada I'd advice that 1 person begins but the other should be home to serve as home tie. Also no matter how fat your bank account is if both of you apply it might go against your home tie

If you have a Bsc go for an msc/m...in whatever your bsc is or your current work experience is. Honestly first get admission. The rest we all on here can walk you through step-by-step but after you get admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Toluwaase(m): 8:34pm On May 31, 2016
@wayaa007
pls where did you do your test?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Temiy: 8:35pm On May 31, 2016
Teehp:
congratulations, did you apply paper or online, how many weeks did it take
I did online at the third attempt did biometrics 25th of feb got a mail to pick submit my passport on the 11th of May and picked it up on the 18th THANK YOU

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by wayaa007(m): 8:50pm On May 31, 2016
Toluwaase:
@wayaa007

pls where did you do your test?
IOM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by waleyomi(m): 9:30pm On May 31, 2016
Good day guys, nice comments and reply, am new here!
I submitted my application 8th of April online and did my bio on 11th of April, not heard anything since then, pls anyone who submit his or her application within this date should be contact me or advice on what to do!! another question, if contacted for medical thus that means your app will be granted??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 9:36pm On May 31, 2016
@Waleyomi
Were they called you for medical?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by gabicon: 9:52pm On May 31, 2016
hello guys

My wife and I are thinking of relocating to Canada thru applying for an msc. I would like to know what states have the most juicy job postings?

I tend to see more of volunteer jobs as recent jobs on most peeps, is it that there are not so many jobs again?

Is it easy schooling and supporting a family in Canada?

What profession are in high demand?

Is it advisable we both get an msc at the same time?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by waleyomi(m): 10:07pm On May 31, 2016
@jj17 cv
Not yet, I have not receive any mail, sms or call since I submitted 11th of April
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 10:12pm On May 31, 2016
Temiy:
Hello house Am new on here and I just got my trv and would like to ask from the experienced how much is the minimum amount to hold god immigration purpose thank yall expecting ur replies

No minimum amount required. The basic info VO will require at point of entry is your admission letter and study permit approval letter. HOWEVER, it will be a good idea to have a bank statement showing availability of fund. The latter may not really be needed cause you must have proved availability of fund b4 ur application was approved. If you have made any tuition deposit, have the receipt with you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by oyeleye22: 10:13pm On May 31, 2016
gabicon:
hello guys

My wife and I are thinking of relocating to Canada thru applying for an msc. I would like to know what states have the most juicy job postings?

I tend to see more of volunteer jobs as recent jobs on most peeps, is it that there are not so many jobs again?

It's not easy schooling and supporting a family. U don't have a PR yet so u might have difficulty with some tns in d beginning. So d best is u apply first. She would be a strong home tie. Then after uve submitted urs u can try applying for her so by d tym u cld have gotten ur trv.. She wld have her admission already and by God's grace u get ur trv then work on getting her own trv.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by oyeleye22: 10:17pm On May 31, 2016
waleyomi:
Good day guys, nice comments and reply, am new here!
I submitted my application 8th of April online and did my bio on 11th of April, not heard anything since then, pls anyone who submit his or her application within this date should be contact me or advice on what to do!! another question, if contacted for medical thus that means your app will be granted??

Don't worry just believe. I was contacted for medicals my first application but I was rejected but believe be hopeful and do d needful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by waleyomi(m): 10:17pm On May 31, 2016
jj17cv:
@Waleyomi
Were they called you for medical?
No they have not, I have not heard from them since I submitted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 10:18pm On May 31, 2016
tundechange:

Secondly, does WES verify all transcripts from all schools and through what medium is the verification done?

Regards

The date all document is received.
Why not send an email to WES to get a direct and accurate answer (from the horses mouth).

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by oyeleye22: 10:21pm On May 31, 2016
Temiy:

I did online at the third attempt did biometrics 25th of feb got a mail to pick submit my passport on the 11th of May and picked it up on the 18th THANK YOU

Wow third attempt, congrats again Bro. So what did u tnk u did differently in your third application dat u didn't in ur previous applications. U can contribute that here... U might just be saving someone
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by oyeleye22: 10:22pm On May 31, 2016
Temiy:

Wow third attempt, congrats again Bro. So what did u tnk u did differently in your third application dat u didn't in ur previous applications. U can contribute that here.U might just be saving someone
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 10:23pm On May 31, 2016
Carter001:
Hello Guys
Please I'd like to know if as the only dependant of my parent , it is okay to submit my study permit with SOA of 5.6M naira.
Thanks

In view of the current xchange rate, the amount is not adequate except is there regular inflow and outflow of cash from the account.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 31, 2016
Temiy:
Hello house Am new on here and I just got my trv and would like to ask from the experienced how much is the minimum amount to hold god immigration purpose thank yall expecting ur replies

Congrats. Please when did you submit your application, what type of application (Study permit or visitor's Visa) and what route (Paper or online)?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bhoyo: 10:32pm On May 31, 2016
Good evening house, I studied Geology and I work as an IT officer in a company, now I got admitted to PGC in Geographic and information system in canada.
Pls gurus in the house, I really need your assistance on how I can write my SOP to be relevant. Pls it is urgent. Need u to put me tru
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Temiy: 11:12pm On May 31, 2016
lawmerchant:

No minimum amount required. The basic info VO will require at point of entry is your admission letter and study permit approval letter. HOWEVER, it will be a good idea to have a bank statement showing availability of fund. The latter may not really be needed cause you must have proved availability of fund b4 ur application was approved. If you have made any tuition deposit, have the receipt with you.
thanks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Temiy: 11:14pm On May 31, 2016
iamnero:

Congrats. Please when did you submit your application, what type of application (Study permit or visitor's Visa) and what route (Paper or online)?
study permit I did online and submitted in February.... Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Temiy: 11:17pm On May 31, 2016
oyeleye22:

Wow third attempt, congrats again Bro. So what did u tnk u did differently in your third application dat u didn't in ur previous applications. U can contribute that here.U might just be saving someone
first m female the only different thing was I had to request my cic documents which they sent after the second attempt then I saw the main reason for refusal which was I studied business administration in my first degree why do I want to go into tourism and hospitality management when I knew that was the problem I got documents relating to that and explained why I want the course and re applied

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 11:58pm On May 31, 2016
Temiy:
first m female the only different thing was I had to request my cic documents which they sent after the second attempt then I saw the main reason for refusal which was I studied business administration in my first degree why do I want to go into tourism and hospitality management when I knew that was the problem I got documents relating to that and explained why I want the course and re applied

Did you have to get a new admission relating to your 1st degree? What documents are you referring to? Didn't you include sop in ur earlier applications?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Christian129(m): 1:06am On Jun 01, 2016
Finestlex:
please i beg you in the name of God, DO NOT DO PUB ADMIN. that was my first program here. it's only useful to Canadians. Human Resource is awesome. you dont need GRE or TOEFL
thanks a lot but my BSc was in Political Science.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 1:07am On Jun 01, 2016
gabicon:
hello guys

I would try my best to answer some of your questions being that I am a married person as well, and we have our own worries and concerns.

I find it hard to understand what you mean by juicy job posting. The kind of jobs you would find vary from province to province. e.g Toronto in Ontario is the financial hub of Canada while Calgary, Alberta is the engineering room of Canada for (O&G) atleast before the crash in price of crude.

Canada is not a country known for many jobs. it's a country with a large number of educated citizens, and the population is just around 35million. It's a small country with large mass land, most of which are inhabitable. Hence jobs are competitive and man know man is quite common. Alot of people volunteer unpaid to get Canadian work experience and to build professional network, something employers here value a lot. i.e Canadian work experience.

It's not easy to school and support family in any developed country in the world irrespective of whether you are pr, citizen or Nigerian.. It's only easy back home in Nigeria because there are families, neighbors, and school that accepts kids even from less than 6 months of age. In Canada like most developed countries, your child has to be a certain age before any daycare would accept him/her(differs by province), daycares are expensive $850-1000 per month per child), your kid has to be age 4-5 to start half day at school(usually like 3-4hours of school in a day). If you can afford to bring one of your grandma from Nigeria, then you would find it easy or you are rich enough to afford daycare fees or one of the parent stays at home to babysit.

Jobs in high demand would always be healthcare careers. All other jobs fluctuates when the economy sneezes. Note that health professions can still also still affected by the economy. e.g Saskatchewan is reducing the budget for health care and education, hence there might be an hiring freeze. There is an abundance of nurses in Alberta, hence supply of nurses is becoming higher than demand. So really, no condition is permanent.

if you can both afford studying for MSc at once, then go for it.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tundechange: 2:51am On Jun 01, 2016
lawmerchant:

The date all document is received.
Why not send an email to WES to get a direct and accurate answer (from the horses mouth).

Ok, thanks boss!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by penitential(m): 6:45am On Jun 01, 2016
Happy NEW Month To Everyone on this thread; may this new month bring good news for everyone who is due for TRV approval ijn, may more good testimonies abound ijn.
Remember to pray to GOD and trust in him, only GOD can do the miracle.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (403)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.