Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,435 members, 7,819,578 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1008346 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2016
Ymc007:
Please, who is resuming in Dalhousie University in September or who is there presently?

Hi there, what course are you going for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
Yeah, the Affidavit make the commitment to sponsor on the part of the sponsor a serious business. You can get that done from any high Court close to u. If u are not sure of the template let me know. U still need to work on how u will proof the source of that 3.8m on your account to the VO to be on the safe side cos u won't be there to tell the VO that u only make money working with your bro without collecting salary, it's ur docs that will do the talking. Don't forget the proof and Affidavit of Ownership of personal assets to show you are comfortable here. Goodluck.
Odinwa:

Thanks brother! I am not married.
I am working in my brothers company (a shop).
I don't get to be paid, It's a personal business owned by my brother and I make my money from the business I do in the shop.
Is that affidavit from my sponsor compulsory?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 3:06pm On Jun 13, 2016
Yes you are right GrandC,that is why is good he explore that means and at the same timehe put in for college...
GrandCommander:

It's a good idea but it may surprise you to know that to even get a Masters now can be difficult even with a 2.1. Your 2.1 has to be strong between the ranges of 4.0 and above. And I am talking from experience. Other things count too like the ability to secure a supervisor and relevant years of work experience.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 3:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
Bamz:

Hi there, what course are you going for?

Going for health informatics. What about you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Odinwa(m): 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2016
eyilore2014:
Yeah, the Affidavit make the commitment to sponsor on the part of the sponsor a serious business. You can get that done from any high Court close to u. If u are not sure of the template let me know. U still need to work on how u will proof the source of that 3.8m on your account to the VO to be on the safe side cos u won't be there to tell the VO that u only make money working with your bro without collecting salary, it's ur docs that will do the talking. Don't forget the proof and Affidavit of Ownership of personal assets to show you are comfortable here. Goodluck.

Thanks bro! I don't have any idea of the template.
I don't have any personal assets here bro, wish I had one to use as home tie but I don't. How will i go about that?
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 3:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
Ymc007:

Going for health informatics. What about you?

Internetworking

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 3:59pm On Jun 13, 2016
Bamz:

Internetworking
Have you payed your acceptance fee?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ramsol00: 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
GrandCommander:

It's a good idea but it may surprise you to know that to even get a Masters now can be difficult even with a 2.1. Your 2.1 has to be strong between the ranges of 4.0 and above. And I am talking from experience. Other things count too like the ability to secure a supervisor and relevant years of work experience.

Yeah. ..I can also testify to that coz l have been searching for a while now before l decided to probably go with Humber.
In terms of experience, I abt 3years banking experience that can be related to that course (Global Business Management ). But my only concerns is only if me going to Humber college won't be an issue. I don't know how the embassy sees Humber College as a school especially their graduate certificate programs and also don't know if anyone in my similar profile has ever obtained trv vivia Humber College.

Please your contribution will also be highly appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 4:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
Ymc007:

Have you payed your acceptance fee?

Yup
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 4:14pm On Jun 13, 2016
Guys please I need help o, my dad just presented me with a statement of account that is dated back to September 2015 with a closing balance of 11m, I hope it's still valid and not too far back,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 4:16pm On Jun 13, 2016
Bamz:

Yup
How did u pay it please? Is it with your debit card?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TheDreamChaser: 4:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
Ymc007:
Guys please I need help o, my dad just presented me with a statement of account that is dated back to September 2015 with a closing balance of 11m, I hope it's still valid and not too far back,

Not valid. It should be printed this month or latest two weeks before you submit your visa application.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2016
ramsol00:

Yeah. ..I can also testify to that coz l have been searching for a while now before l decided to probably go with Humber.
In terms of experience, I abt 3years banking experience that can be related to that course (Global Business Management ). But my only concerns is only if me going to Humber college won't be an issue. I don't know how the embassy sees Humber College as a school especially their graduate certificate programs and also don't know if anyone in my similar profile has ever obtained trv vivia Humber College.

Please your contribution will also be highly appreciated.

Bro just gather your documents and apply for your trv. The truth is no person can tell you what the VO line of thoughts about ur application are except you've applied before and has gotten ur gcms notes. As a matter of fact two VOs may not form the same opinion about the same application.

Each application is peculiar and treated in isolation from others.

Humber college is a public college and such it can be said to reputable.

Even if someone has the same academic profile as urs, u may not have the same bio data profile etc. So the VO may not be inclined to treat ur application as though it is similar with others.

Use your SOP to tell a compelling story and back your claims/story with documentary evidence and hope the VO attending to your application understands and reasons with you grin .

N.B am not an authority Ooo, am still a TRV hopeful. Just making my observations.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 4:31pm On Jun 13, 2016
Ymc007:

How did u pay it please? Is it with your debit card?

Form A
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by xij38580: 4:57pm On Jun 13, 2016
bjmme:
Yes in your Sop,your statement of account will show that once you give instruction to the coy to pay directly into ur acct,i did market fund as well,just try and work on that...at least you are submitting application for 2017...besides you have the paper for the market fund,you filled forms right?,so submit them together

SAMUELS3:

Try to get embassy letter from the investment company the letter should be addressed to Canadian embassy. A letter will be prepared for you showing the naira value of your investment and in the currencies of the countries (pounds and dollars). I think stanbic investment charge about N2,700 for such letter, I don't know about other investment company,also add your purchase statement with the letter. Print your bank statement no matter the amount provided the money market fund can cater for your expenses and submit. My opinion though.
Success.

Thank you so much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 5:01pm On Jun 13, 2016
Bamz:

Form A
Can you explain more?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by vinci500: 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2016
Anyone in UNBC?
Please i need your help!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 5:09pm On Jun 13, 2016
Ymc007:

Can you explain more?

The essence of FORM A is to ensure that CBN regulated exchange rate is used in payment of tuition or deposit.

Without Form A you'd have to source for foreign exchange at the black market rate.

For instance;

Using CBN regulated exchange rate; 1500 $CAD is an equivalence of N233,000 as of today at N155 per CAD

While using black market exchange rate you'd have to pay up to N300,000 if not more for $1500 CAD.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Olargee: 5:11pm On Jun 13, 2016
Been silently following this thread for a while now, your comment has got to be the funniest I've seen so far.Guess everything in Canada is rosy except the 'dissapointment' of no garri. Soon u will be asking for Suya and kilishi.
Daveboiz:
Hello.. Anyone coming to Winnipeg or Toronto anytime soon?.. Please garri cry lol... Anyways the trv stress is worth it tho. Coming here u won't be disappointed

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 5:19pm On Jun 13, 2016
yemdogg:

The essence of FORM A is to ensure that CBN regulated exchange rate is used in payment of tuition or deposit.

Without Form A you'd have to source for foreign exchange at the black market rate.

For instance;

Using CBN regulated exchange rate; 1500 $CAD is an equivalence of N233,000 as of today at N155 per CAD

While using black market exchange rate you'd have to pay up to N300,000 if not more for $1500 CAD.

Okay, so how do I get the form A?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by KayPapi: 5:23pm On Jun 13, 2016
TheDreamChaser:

Any idea how one can go about it without Form A? Need it done in 3days, I don't mind black market rate

If you have a dominicilary account or friend abroad to pay for u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 5:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
Ymc007:

Okay, so how do I get the form A?

Go to your bank with the following;

Photocopy of the data page of your international passport,

Your admission letter,

Your payment invoice from the school that gave you admission. note that some schools attach the fee schedule to their admission letter, if not ensure to mail the school for your invoice and payment instructions.

Some banks also request for the photocopy of your degree certificate.

Finally make sure you have excess funds in your account, it is advisable to go with all the originals of the documents too, though u won't be submitting the original buh to be safe just go there with it, as some bank officials may demand to see the original too.

I hope I am able to help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ziggarrr: 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2016
Please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2016
yemdogg:

Go to your bank with the following;

Photocopy of the data page of your international passport,

Your admission letter,

Your payment invoice from the school that gave you admission. note that some schools attach the fee schedule to their admission letter, if not ensure to mail the school for your invoice and payment instructions.

Some banks also request for the photocopy of your degree certificate.

Finally make sure you have excess funds in your account, it is advisable to go with all the originals of the documents too, though u won't be submitting the original buh to be safe just go there with it, as some bank officials may demand to see the original too.

I hope I am able to help.
Thanks alot, really appreciate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ikcbn(m): 6:32pm On Jun 13, 2016
Hello house, pls I need urgent assistance with this.
I just submitted my application last Friday via paper route and linked it online the next day. Today, I just did my upfront medical cause of time constraints as my program starts 07/09/2016. The lady advised that I should have waited till today so as to include the e-medical form with the application as an upfront but since I already submitted, I should find a way to send the e-Medical form across to the embassy to avoid them sending for medicals later on and the time delay.

Any idea how I can get the e-Medical form across? uploading it via my online account perhaps though I can't seem to figure out how
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kylexy1(m): 6:48pm On Jun 13, 2016
stinux:
@ kylexy1 are you sure you uploaded all your documents online? cos l also applied to Uottawa and my CV and SOP was sent as an attachment to a given mail id while my transcripts were sent directly from my school to Ottawa. Just asking?

I sent a notorized copy and was given admission bt on d basis that i submit my official transcript and proof of diploma b4 my first registration. After i got d admission was when my school sent the original copy.. and it has been updated in my infoweb
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Olargee: 7:36pm On Jun 13, 2016
The form A route would take 2 weeks. You have clearly indicated that you do not have that time, so your best options at the minute are either through a dorm account or using a debit card. You would however need to confirm with your bank to know the monthly limit on foreign currency transaction per month on your account.
Ymc007:

Thanks alot, really appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
I will suggest you make ur uncle look like your mother's brother, then get NPC birth certificate for both your mum and ur uncle ( ur mum surname on the birth certificate should = ur Uncle surname). I hope u know wat i am getting @?
Ziggarrr:
Please guys come to my aid. I really need help on how to prove relationship with sponsor. My sponsor is a distant uncle ( my dad's cousin) . please help me house, I'm about to submit my app soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 8:48pm On Jun 13, 2016
Olargee:
The form A route would take 2 weeks. You have clearly indicated that you do not have that time, so your best options at the minute are either through a dorm account or using a debit card. You would however need to confirm with your bank to know the monthly limit on foreign currency transaction per month on your account.
Thanks so much.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Daveboiz(m): 8:55pm On Jun 13, 2016
Lol garri dey suya dey yam.. Infact everytin dey here but na million dollars except tomatos grin grin tomatos and rice cheap grin
Olargee:
Been silently following this thread for a while now, your comment has got to be the funniest I've seen so far.Guess everything in Canada is rosy except the 'dissapointment' of no garri. Soon u will be asking for Suya and kilishi.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 8:58pm On Jun 13, 2016
Olargee:

Someone name withheld was keen about Gala when he left. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.