Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007804 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by OGIYEN: 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
You have really been helpful, I have my SSCE results nd my B.Sc statements already as for the transcripts haven't applied my any yet(trust me my school is slow with stuffs like that) hope I can just apply with the statement and SSCE results.
I was hoping I could get your whatsapp contacts, so we can communicate faster.(obviously yuh re a busy person.)
And lastly, hope one can get a job at Niagara as a student for upkeep and the rest.looolz[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SLEEMYDRIZ(m): 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2016
Gastuso:
When did you apply?
April 7
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 4:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
SLEEMYDRIZ:
happy Sunday everyone...
Pls I track my app today is still showing processing in Ghana... Pls how long will it take before it get to vfs office so I can pick it up nd reapply.... no much time... I want to apply for Sept Is it still possible?
You can still apply for trv against September but its better you tackle the reason for denial before you reapply. if you have enough funds, try and work on how to show you are related with your sponsor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2016
GrandCommander:
Dear all, Pls who knows how long the TRV issued is valid for. Those that have gotten theirs should pls help.

Pls I need help on this issue. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by BarrEgo(f): 4:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
Guys, do not be deceived. Ranking is everything in Academia. Universities and colleges get funding because of their ranking - which is judged based on scientific/technological equipments, library resources and quality of staff and students' research. That is why highly ranked universities (Harvard, Utrecht, Toronto, SFU, Oxford, Ottawa, etc) are highly competitive. They seek for the best minds to keep and/or grow their ranking. Top universities like Ottawa and co do not admit mediocre minds, even if there are a thousand institutions in their locality. That said, Ottawa cannot be compared to Memorial. Ottawa ranks 12 in Canada and top 300 in the world, while memorial ranks 24 in Canada and top 500 in the world. (See http://www.webometrics.info/en/North_america/Canada).
Furthermore, tuition fees often depend on the amount of funding a department or program receives. Departments with focus in Social Healthcare research like disability studies, aging studies/gerontology, etc are currently receiving lots of funding so postgrad research programs in these are "cheap". Memorial is "cheap" - $800-1,300 a term for postgrad programs because they're a research focused Uni and receive lots of findings for research. Be wise in your assessments of foreign universities. Do not underestimate any program or school. Bless!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by abmendozer(m): 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
Is anybody going to vsf office tomorrow to submit application (paper route)?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by penitential(m): 4:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
Yes. I will be going. Have you gotten your TRV?
burrytee:
Anybody going to Conestoga for September intake.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by BarrEgo(f): 5:09pm On Jun 12, 2016
Correction:
Ottawa ranks 12 in Canada 192 in the World, while Manitoba ranks 17 in Canada 242 in the world (2016 ranking).

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SLEEMYDRIZ(m): 5:21pm On Jun 12, 2016
metrecube:

You can still apply for trv against September but its better you tackle the reason for denial before you reapply. if you have enough funds, try and work on how to sponsor relationship with you.
thanks bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CSSPATRICK: 5:22pm On Jun 12, 2016
[quote author=BarrEgo post=46510924]Correction:
Ottawa ranks 12 in Canada 192 in the World, while Manitoba ranks 17 in Canada 242 in the world (2016 ranking). [/quote

Can someone guide me on how to compress doucuments/files, online application. I have a file exceeding 120 documents, originally weighing over 19MB. Please someone should tell me what to do asap. Most appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CSSPATRICK: 5:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
Online application!! Can someone here guide me on how to compress application documents / file. I have a file weighing over 19MB, can someone tell we how to go about this asap. Happy sunday
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by OGIYEN: 5:35pm On Jun 12, 2016
oggysena:

I will also be applying to this school for a course in business, I have 5yrs work experience in the telecommunication industry. Pls kindly advise as my first degree is business administration with a second class lower.

Thanks a lot for the reply, can you give me an insight into the admission process at Niagara.. I have my SSCE certificates, graduated last year nd just have a student copy of my statement of result. Do I scan nd mail the Niagara college the documents or do I send the original.
Please take yuhr time, Nd walk me through the admission process at Niagara college.
P.S am applying for a 2yr trade program
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 5:37pm On Jun 12, 2016
CSSPATRICK:
Online application!! Can someone here guide me on how to compress application documents / file. I have a file weighing over 19MB, can someone tell we how to go about this asap. Happy sunday

Check this......

https://www.nairaland.com/2035081/travelling-canada-part-7/490#34462711
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by overtlyderanged: 5:40pm On Jun 12, 2016
CSSPATRICK:

https://pdfresizer.com/resize

https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf

Try either of the two although I think the first one is likely to compress it to a relatively smaller size compared to the second.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by OGIYEN: 5:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
Pls kindly assist as am going to apply to Niagara college for a course in business and I have 4yrs experience in customer care job in telecom and my first degree is business administration with a second class lower
BarrEgo:
Guys, do not be deceived. Ranking is everything in Academia. Universities and colleges get funding because of their ranking - which is judged based on scientific/technological equipments, library resources and quality of staff and students' research. That is why highly ranked universities (Harvard, Utrecht, Toronto, SFU, Oxford, Ottawa, etc) are highly competitive. They seek for the best minds to keep and/or grow their ranking. Top universities like Ottawa and co do not admit mediocre minds, even if there are a thousand institutions in their locality. That said, Ottawa cannot be compared to Memorial. Ottawa ranks 12 in Canada and top 300 in the world, while memorial ranks 24 in Canada and top 500 in the world. (See http://www.webometrics.info/en/North_america/Canada).
Furthermore, tuition fees often depend on the amount of funding a department or program receives. Departments with focus in Social Healthcare research like disability studies, aging studies/gerontology, etc are currently receiving lots of funding so postgrad research programs in these are "cheap". Memorial is "cheap" - $800-1,300 a term for postgrad programs because they're a research focused Uni and receive lots of findings for research. Be wise in your assessments of foreign universities. Do not underestimate any program or school. Bless!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 5:42pm On Jun 12, 2016
CSSPATRICK:
Scan all your documents in low resolution copy and paste each of the document in MsWord and and convert to pdf.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CSSPATRICK: 6:44pm On Jun 12, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 7:13pm On Jun 12, 2016
Arcayo:

It can be bro.....that is what online application will tell you if you track through VFS site grin

please put up a snapshot bro. mine says "processing at visa office, Lagos"

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 7:41pm On Jun 12, 2016
CassetteBoy:

please put up a snapshot bro. mine says "processing at visa office, Lagos"
It's because you applied online, paper application will say Ghana.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SLEEMYDRIZ(m): 8:08pm On Jun 12, 2016
Pls is urgent.... my uncle ask me if the embassy can schedule appointment for me so he can follow me to prove his financial details to them... Pls gurus in the house is it possible?
secondly how can I differ my admission till next year? thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by BarrEgo(f): 8:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
OGIYEN:
Pls kindly assist as am going to apply to Niagara college for a course in business and I have 4yrs experience in customer care job in telecom and my first degree is business administration with a second class lower

What exactly do you want me to do for you?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 9:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
Arcayo:

It's because you applied online, paper application will say Ghana.

you've missed the whole point. @uvagho said his tracking doesn't show any location at all. go back and read
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 9:03pm On Jun 12, 2016
SLEEMYDRIZ:
Pls is urgent.... my uncle ask me if the embassy can schedule appointment for me so he can follow me to prove his financial details to them... Pls gurus in the house is it possible?
secondly how can I differ my admission till next year? thanks

Send a mail to your school. They will tell you the procedure you need to take concerning the deferment. Embassy won't honour any appointment with your uncle. You need to explain to them through the documents you are going to submit. I will advise you to request for gcms doc since you are deferring your admission to a later term.
What are the documents you submitted to prove the relationship in your first application? Godspeed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SLEEMYDRIZ(m): 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2016
metrecube:

Send a mail to your school. They will tell you the procedure you need to take concerning the deferment. Embassy won't honour any appointment with your uncle. You need to explain to them through the documents you are going to submit. I will advise you to request for gcms doc since you are deferring your admission to a later term.
What are the documents you submitted to prove the relationship in your first application? Godspeed.

Thanks Bro.
state of origin cert only.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Khloepatra: 10:10pm On Jun 12, 2016
Bamz:

According to abokifx.com, WU is at 300. You may need to check with other banks. Form A is at the official rate.
Thanks Bamz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bleuocean: 10:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
hey guys between Conestoga and Humber college which will you recommend ??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bleuocean: 10:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
hey guys between Conestoga and Humber college which will you recommend ??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 10:57pm On Jun 12, 2016
maspero22:
Good day guys. I am getting alil tensed oo. i submitted my application and did biometrics via paper route both on the 1st of April, tho thru an agent. Uptill now, no medical call up yet oo. My prog. starts by Sept. shouldn't this call for a huge concern?

through an agent? personally go and check all his/her email accounts. humans are prone to error

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.