Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,089 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005573 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 10:42pm On Jun 15, 2016
Please work on that 68pgs,they are working on several applications....
uvagho:
oh my gosh ! A whooping 68 pages ...please what's in all the pages .Men...d VO go tire to read o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by vinci500: 10:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
Almost, was told to get a supervisor before my application would be finally approved...I've bin trying but nothing yet. Any luck?
ramsol00:

A prospective student...you re heading that way too? Have you gotten admission offer?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Dannylng(m): 11:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
cheiii make this new cbn policy favour us ooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bleuocean: 11:25pm On Jun 15, 2016
Bad News
Bad News
Bad news
Policy Implications - CBN finally floats the naira today...

By the new exchange rate regime, CBN would allow the
Naira to float against the US dollar at the inter-bank
market, rather than holding on to a fixed peg.

What this means, however, is that buyers of foreign
exchange for importation of goods, holiday, school
fees, medical tourism, online payments etc, will have to
source from the inter-bank market-determined rates
and will no longer be able to buy forex at N199 or
whatever official rate the CBN decides to adopt.

Excerpts from Vanguard.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/breaking-finally-cbn-floats-the-naira/
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 11:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
jinglesbaby:
Which would be of higher importance, statement of account or a full financial award?

Statement of Account, if you have full financial award you will still need good SOA from you or your sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Olargee: 5:05am On Jun 16, 2016
sleekytee:
Evening people, anyone goin 2 centennial collage ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jinglesbaby: 5:32am On Jun 16, 2016
Are you sure? I have seen pple with full funding from schl put that as proof of finances and then SOA of 1M-2M!
I believe the financial award letter is of more importance.

Arcayo:

Statement of Account, if you have full financial award you will still need good SOA from you or your sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by patcywhite: 5:41am On Jun 16, 2016
Helo hux, I just got my admission letter to Mohawk college . can I apply for visa with it. ? What documents will be required?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by akeembusari: 7:15am On Jun 16, 2016
Part of the document required by the CIC to issue work permit in Canada is; Proof that you meet the requirements of the job being offered & Labour market impact assessment (LMIA) from ESDC. please can someone tell me what these documents means?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Qwertyasdf: 7:26am On Jun 16, 2016
Updated

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kylexy1(m): 7:43am On Jun 16, 2016
Qwertyasdf:
Updated

This people sef, their inconsistency with processing time is just like the naira to dollar...always fluctuating.
In April i saw 10 weeks, in may 14weeks, now 13 weeks.. whats their deal sef.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 8:10am On Jun 16, 2016
kylexy1:

This people sef, their inconsistency with processing time is just like the naira to dollar...always fluctuating.
In April i saw 10 weeks, in may 14weeks, now 13 weeks.. whats their deal sef.
naso I see am oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 16, 2016
favour0011:
Stop this deceptive and misleading post. Many people on here have gotten trv without it.
Seriously, I don't understand why people do this. They just put fear into the heart of people unnecessarily. Like they did to me too. My sponsor only wrote a letter and signed. There was no need for an affidavit of support.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gastuso: 9:13am On Jun 16, 2016
Niceyenuf:

Seriously, I don't understand why people do this. They just put fear into the heart of people unnecessarily. Like they did to me too. My sponsor only wrote a letter and signed. There was no need for an affidavit of support.
My letter of sponsorship was not notarised by my employer and also my employer did not forward their bank statement. Note: I am a civil servant
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gastuso: 9:21am On Jun 16, 2016
habukoh:
hello House,
please help me out.......

my supporting documents were very large and I had to compress it but could not be able to read it clearly after the exercise. please will VOs be able download a readable version at their end or not? just want to be sure before I click submit botton.
There is no way to make a clearer scan copy once u reduce or compressed your documents to let's say 75dpi. I encountered the same problem when scanning mine too. I submitted it like that and believe the vo can see and read it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by moufpeas(m): 10:27am On Jun 16, 2016
Hello all..please has anybody who applied between April 17 to 30 heard anything or been called for medicals?
I applied april 19 and I haven't heard anything other even medical calls. ...anyone with a different story ??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 10:33am On Jun 16, 2016
moufpeas:
Hello all..please has anybody who applied between April 17 to 30 heard anything or been called for medicals?
I applied april 19 and I haven't heard anything other even medical calls. ...anyone with a different story ??
which route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 11:02am On Jun 16, 2016
jinglesbaby:
Are you sure? I have seen pple with full funding from schl put that as proof of finances and then SOA of 1M-2M!
I believe the financial award letter is of more importance.

To student yes you are right, but to VO am not sure
Do you know you won't have access to the financial award funds before/immediately you resume, you are not paying for your flight and accommodation from it, if the 1m-2m is yours better but if it's for your sponsor he/she [b]might[/b]need to still boost the account, you still need to convince the VO you can pay for your flight and other expenses b4 you having access to your funding .
Without financial award SOA can work alone but financial award can not work without SOA, so you can see the one that is most important.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by oggysena: 11:38am On Jun 16, 2016
Please guys, I applied for Niagara college yesterday. Does anyone know how long it takes for the admission to be processed?
And anyone in niagara or going to niagara should please hit me up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by igbohausayoruba: 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
oggysena:
Please guys, I applied for Niagara college yesterday. Does anyone know how long it takes for the admission to be processed?
And anyone in niagara or going to niagara should please hit me up.

In less than a week you should get a mail from them.....that should be the conditional offer. NC no get wahala trust me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Brythman: 1:12pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hello,
I'm new here, please I'm yet to apply for a school in Canada to study Finance for masters, I'm currently working with an agent for an admission in lambton college. Please, I would want to explore more options on university that would have lots of Nigerians, a homestay and a great opportunity to get a job while schooling. Lets I forget affordable as well o. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CSSPATRICK: 1:19pm On Jun 16, 2016
Brythman:
Hello,
I'm new here, please I'm yet to apply for a school in Canada to study Finance for masters, I'm currently working with an agent for an admission in lambton college. Please, I would want to explore more options on university that would have lots of Nigerians, a homestay and a great opportunity to get a job while schooling. Lets I forget affordable as well o. Thanks

Lambton college for masters? That's curious!!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by 2el(m): 1:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
I need info about Canada visa on skilled migrant and how I can apply, will be rounding up my NYSC in September.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by zeongeon: 1:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
I am trying to payonline a total of 155cad with my first bank visa prepaid card but the school says its getting an error message of "declined @ 200" has anyone experiences this. Although the school says its only credit cards they accept I asked first back if the visaprepaid can double as a credit card and they said yes it can.

Can someone please help out.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by oggysena: 2:07pm On Jun 16, 2016
igbohausayoruba:

In less than a week you should get a mail from them.....that should be the conditional offer. NC no get wahala trust me.

Thanks for the response, are yuh in niagara?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ouchechukwuo: 2:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
kennynelcon:

Yes

The message I received form the school this morning...

Good morning,
I apologize for the delay in responding to your email. Thank you for your interest in graduate studies here at the University of Saskatchewan.
Unfortunately, the Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Electrical and Computer Engineering is no longer accepting applications. This program is currently under review and may not be continuing in the future.
Thank you

And it has not been updated on their site
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by igbohausayoruba: 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
oggysena:

Thanks for the response, are yuh in niagara?

Not yet but very soon.....what's course?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by matthew2120(m): 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hello Good day everybody .. Have been a silent addict on this thread for like 2 years now, and I think it's that time I need the best best of your assistance gurus , applied for my TRV on the 2nd of June , for September fall, for MSc in biotech in centennial college, please am really having difficulties paying my tuition fees , and my daed line was yesterday , please I need your assistance peeps...thanks [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by matthew2120(m): 3:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
Any one going to centennial college ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jredlom(m): 4:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
I have gain admission to study Intensive French Language and culture in McGill university for one session.I am 23 years and currently self employed.I own a grocery shop and it is registered in my name. I have gotten the acceptance letter from the school after paying fully for my tuition and insurance. I have also fully paid for my off campus accommodation (Home Stay). My mother will be sponsoring me. I will attach my personal bank statement with about Thousand CND. I don't have a business bank statement but have my business registration and tax clearance. My mother is a trader and only pay tax to the municipal authority as her business is not registered. What are my chances of getting Visitor's Visa for my short studies?

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.