Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,301 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005459 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by nkemgrace: 10:41pm On Jun 16, 2016
matthew2120:

Have applied for my TRV Buh am really finding it difficult paying my tuition fees , what's your status ?

Applied for TRV as well. What's your route (Paper or online). When did you apply as well?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CruzAj(m): 10:51pm On Jun 16, 2016
CSSPATRICK:

Did upfront medical.

Then u should wait for passport request but in most cases ppl who did upfront medicals still receive request for medicals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kennynelcon(m): 11:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
ouchechukwuo:

The message I received form the school this morning...

Good morning,
I apologize for the delay in responding to your email. Thank you for your interest in graduate studies here at the University of Saskatchewan.
Unfortunately, the Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in Electrical and Computer Engineering is no longer accepting applications. This program is currently under review and may not be continuing in the future.
Thank you

And it has not been updated on their site
Applying for Msc, no message yet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Tolexi: 11:28pm On Jun 16, 2016
Congratulations on your admission. Yes,you can apply for your visa now and I'll advise you to gather your docs and apply asap. You can read the past posts for list of docs to submit. Better still you can send me your email as I'm also heading to Mohawk.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Tolexi: 11:42pm On Jun 16, 2016
patcywhite:
Helo hux, I just got my admission letter to Mohawk college . can I apply for visa with it. ? What documents will be required?

Congratulations on your admission. Yes,you can
apply for your visa now and I'll advise you to gather
your docs and apply asap. You can read the past
posts for list of docs to submit. Better still you can
send me your email as I'm also heading to Mohawk.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 12:25am On Jun 17, 2016
matogbe:
Hello guys, Can one visit US from Canada with Canada student TRV, or can one apply in Canada, or in Nigeria b4 travelling? Thanks for your feedback.

You need a U.S. visa. You can apply in Canada but it is advisable to wait until you have completed at least one semester in school.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by klawaaa: 1:02am On Jun 17, 2016
ouchechukwuo:

Hello Kenny,
I'm actually thinking of applying to usask for PGD(Electrical Electronics), should I also fill the pre qualification form.

Thank you
pls double check if the department still offers PGD in elect. elect. You can send mail to department sec. / graduate chair to confirm that before filling your app. just my 2 cents.cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by oggysena: 3:26am On Jun 17, 2016
igbohausayoruba:

Already Applied.....I guess u re applying for september/fall?

What course did you apply for? No, I applied for winter/Jan 2017.. I already applied in another school before now but was put on waitlist, and the visa application time is running short already. Am sure yuh applied for student visa already, how far have you gone with it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 4:49am On Jun 17, 2016
only God can say what the outcome of any visa application will be. Just do your part as human and handover the rest to God, when God decide to approve ur visa no VO can reject it.
Odinwa:

Thanks a lot bro! I so much appreciate it but I just wanna know, will I be denied/delayed if I didn't present an affidavit of sponsorship?
Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by matthew2120(m): 6:42am On Jun 17, 2016
nkemgrace:

Applied for TRV as well. What's your route (Paper or online). When did you apply as well?
I applied via paper route , on the second of this month against September fall , please if you paid your fees, let me know how you did yours grace ..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by matthew2120(m): 6:46am On Jun 17, 2016
Good morning house , please I need an urgent reply since I'll be making my payment this morning .. My dead line is up coz have been having problem paying via online , what do I do please , since have already applied for my TRV , any body that is heading to Centennial should buzz me please .. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iykedare(m): 6:52am On Jun 17, 2016
CruzAj:
Then u should wait for passport request but in most cases ppl who did upfront medicals still receive request for medicals.

So how do we go about it if they request for medical after doing upfront medical?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 8:04am On Jun 17, 2016
moufpeas:

Online route
don't wori. .u wud still b called for medicals
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iykedare(m): 8:05am On Jun 17, 2016
Bleuocean:
Bad News
Bad News
Bad news
Policy Implications - CBN finally floats the naira today...

By the new exchange rate regime, CBN would allow the
Naira to float against the US dollar at the inter-bank
market, rather than holding on to a fixed peg.

What this means, however, is that buyers of foreign
exchange for importation of goods, holiday, school
fees, medical tourism, online payments etc, will have to
source from the inter-bank market-determined rates
and will no longer be able to buy forex at N199 or
whatever official rate the CBN decides to adopt.

Excerpts from Vanguard.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/breaking-finally-cbn-floats-the-naira/

I tell ya, it's such bad news for anyone who hasn't paid for tuition.

The "official" exchange rate now would be in the range of 280 - 350 naira to a dollar. Just imagine if you budgeted 5m for your studies....you will need nothing less than 7.5m naira.

Dear Lord,

We need your Divine intervention.

Amen.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by matogbe: 8:53am On Jun 17, 2016
Pls I need response

matogbe:
Hello guys, Can one visit US from Canada with Canada student TRV, or can one apply in Canada, or in Nigeria b4 travelling? Thanks for your feedback.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by UNIXLover(m): 9:29am On Jun 17, 2016
Hello Guys,
Please can I submit my document to the embassy by first week of July for a January resumption?
My sponsor already gave me his financial documents and all dated June .
Is it too early to submit in July for January resumption?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kirusky4life(f): 9:35am On Jun 17, 2016
wayaa007:

I will give you the answer the program supervisor gave me when I asked the somie question.
"...The grad cert is helpful to gain employment since many employers like to see canadian degrees/diplomas and security is a good field to be in..."

Thanks man
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 9:58am On Jun 17, 2016
UNIXLover:
Hello Guys,
Please can I submit my document to the embassy by first week of July for a January resumption?
My sponsor already gave me his financial documents and all dated June .
Is it too early to submit in July for January resumption?

It's better you submit on time.

My resumption is for January too and I submitted in the 1st week of June.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Newheights: 10:04am On Jun 17, 2016
Hello guys,
Please how do I go about changing the admission letter I applied for TRV with. The initial admission letter is for a 1 year program that starts at the end of July and i just applied for TRV on the 8th of this month (although I've done upfront medicals). However, seeing the limited time I have to get the TRV, the school has offered me another admission for a two-year program that starts in January.
How do I update my application with the new admission letter.

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bayocanny: 10:17am On Jun 17, 2016
matthew2120:
Any one going to centennial college ?
Cc: made123
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 17, 2016
CruzAj:
depending on the duration of the program u are applying for. If you go for 1 year program u are getting a 1yr visa with 2yrs work permit after u graduate then 2yrs program comes with 2yrs visa with 3yrs work permit after you graduate.

Ok.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Chebe01: 10:44am On Jun 17, 2016
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the engaging forum!!

I've been offered admission to Waterloo for a PhD with guaranteed 4yrs funding (34k CAD per year). I am currently an academic staff with a uni in South Africa (where I obtained my masters degree in 2011). I applied for my study visa online and uploaded my admission letter, upfront medicals, police clearance, funding letter, my 6 month bank statement, and bank statements from my parents in naija. In my LOE, I indicated that the account statements from my parents was to indicate that they are willing and able to support me if the need arises ( my account statement and funding letter is sufficient IMO; my account balance is approx. 12k CAD).

I have been following the conversations on the forum and notice that people also submit their English proficiency test scores, masters certificate, pay slips, education evaluations (WES), etc. Should I send a case inquiry and submit these documents? I am already worried that the processing time in SA is ludicrous and wouldn't want my application to be unduly delayed.

I applied on the 11th of May, did my biometrics on the 6th of June. Biometrics status changed to "not needed at this time" but no other update as yet.

Pls what do you advice? Am I missing any crucial document?........when it comes to ties at home, it even gets more worrisome. My parents are in Nigeria, I have a permanent residency status in South Africa and also have a sister living here in SA with her family. I have two brothers in the US and another sister in Lagos. Will this prove to be a problem regarding my "ties to home country"?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ikem01(m): 10:53am On Jun 17, 2016
habukoh:
hello House,
please help me out.......

my supporting documents were very large and I had to compress it but could not be able to read it clearly after the exercise. please will VOs be able download a readable version at their end or not? just want to be sure before I click submit botton.
Please my advice is to go through the paper route.. Same happened to me in my first application. My sponsorship letter was like 40pages and after compression it wasnt clear and the closing balance was higher than my second application. It affected me as most things that was ticked were insufficient funds. So please use paper route.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Iamshuga: 11:22am On Jun 17, 2016
Morning fam. MUST a sponsorship letter be written with a letter headed paper?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by nkemgrace: 11:55am On Jun 17, 2016
matthew2120:

I applied via paper route , on the second of this month against September fall , please if you paid your fees, let me know how you did yours grace ..

Paid my fees already. Did it at Zenith bank using a FORM A. Centennial College would send you the payment methods alongside the admission letter which you would find in the welcome package. PEER TRANSFER is one of the payment method, but it seems a little bit clumsy, so I would advise you pay your tuition using FORM A at the designated bank of your choice. I hope that helps. If you need further clarification, I would be willing to assist within my limits. Over and out!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 17, 2016
Please I need help with the complete CIC forms for online route.

I have filled IMM1294, IMM5465 and IMM5483.

Please do I need to fill any other one? cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by nkemgrace: 11:57am On Jun 17, 2016
matthew2120:
Good morning house , please I need an urgent reply since I'll be making my payment this morning .. My dead line is up coz have been having problem paying via online , what do I do please , since have already applied for my TRV , any body that is heading to Centennial should buzz me please .. [color=#990000][/color]

Paid my fees already. Did it at Zenith bank using a FORM A. Centennial College would send you the payment methods alongside the admission letter which you would find in the welcome package. PEER TRANSFER is one of the payment method, but it seems a little bit clumsy, so I would advise you pay your tuition using FORM A at the designated bank of your choice. I hope that helps. If you need further clarification, I would be willing to assist within my limits. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Joe980: 12:21pm On Jun 17, 2016
@Chebe01... keep your head up cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Chebe01: 12:24pm On Jun 17, 2016
Joe980:
@Chebe01... keep your head up cool

Trying to Sir but I'm getting worried
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by matogbe: 12:29pm On Jun 17, 2016
lawmerchant:

You need a U.S. visa. You can apply in Canada but it is advisable to wait until you have completed at least one semester in school.

@lawmerchant, thanks alot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by abestine(m): 12:32pm On Jun 17, 2016
CruzAj:

I've not seen or heard of any situation where an applicant who did an upfront medicals was requested to go for another . I think they only request for another medicals if ur application is delayed and ur medical result has expired ( may be stayed up to 6 months).
So if u have a result of medical passed, thank God and wait for the final decision.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Olargee: 12:42pm On Jun 17, 2016
Centennial to the best of my knowledge does not accept international payments directly. Must go through either of their proxies ( peer transfer and western Union). I paid through peer transfer using Form A at First Bank. Using the Form A was just to get a good exchange rate. if Matthew is so gingered to pay urgently, I suggest he uses a dorm account. it's more expensive as he would need to change his Naira from Aboki before depositing into the dorm account. It is the fastest method. In any way he still has to generate his fee note from either peer Transfer or western union. Instructions on how to do these are included in the student kit sent as an attachment to your study offer and fee request email.
nkemgrace:

Paid my fees already. Did it at Zenith bank using a FORM A. Centennial College would send you the payment methods alongside the admission letter which you would find in the welcome package. PEER TRANSFER is one of the payment method, but it seems a little bit clumsy, so I would advise you pay your tuition using FORM A at the designated bank of your choice. I hope that helps. If you need further clarification, I would be willing to assist within my limits. Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.