Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,906 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005537 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by nkemgrace: 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
matthew2120:
Any one going to centennial college ?

Yes I am. Your status please , seeking admission? Applied for trv?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by matthew2120(m): 4:37pm On Jun 16, 2016
nkemgrace:

Yes I am. Your status please , seeking admission? Applied for trv?
Have applied for my TRV Buh am really finding it difficult paying my tuition fees , what's your status ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kennykentipsy: 4:38pm On Jun 16, 2016
you should get it within 5 working days give me your student number and program applied for i will help you go check at the admissions office

oggysena:
Please guys, I applied for Niagara college yesterday. Does anyone know how long it takes for the admission to be processed?
And anyone in niagara or going to niagara should please hit me up.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by penitential(m): 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
why visitor's visa and not study permit?
jredlom:
I have gain admission to study Intensive French Language and culture in McGill university for one session.I am 23 years and currently self employed.I own a grocery shop and it is registered in my name. I have gotten the acceptance letter from the school after paying fully for my tuition and insurance. I have also fully paid for my off campus accommodation (Home Stay). My mother will be sponsoring me. I will attach my personal bank statement with about Thousand CND. I don't have a business bank statement but have my business registration and tax clearance. My mother is a trader and only pay tax to the municipal authority as her business is not registered. What are my chances of getting Visitor's Visa for my short studies?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kirusky4life(f): 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2016
gudpm house. pls anyone at Georgian university of Canada. i want to knw dia minimum requirements for MSC in information systems Security. i heard too the school is affiliated to Ontario college. pls can anyone confirm these for me. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ManTiger(m): 5:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
jredlom:
I have gain admission to study Intensive French Language and culture in McGill university for one session.I am 23 years and currently self employed.I own a grocery shop and it is registered in my name. I have gotten the acceptance letter from the school after paying fully for my tuition and insurance. I have also fully paid for my off campus accommodation (Home Stay). My mother will be sponsoring me. I will attach my personal bank statement with about Thousand CND. I don't have a business bank statement but have my business registration and tax clearance. My mother is a trader and only pay tax to the municipal authority as her business is not registered. What are my chances of getting Visitor's Visa for my short studies?
That is not a short study but my fear is you may be bounced on purpose of visit.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by wayaa007(m): 5:34pm On Jun 16, 2016
Kirusky4life:
gudpm house. pls anyone at Georgian university of Canada. i want to knw dia minimum requirements for MSC in information systems Security. i heard too the school is affiliated to Ontario college. pls can anyone confirm these for me. thanks

There's no Georgian university of Canada, what I believe you are referring to is Georgian college, in Ontario. And what they have is a post graduate certificate in information network security systems. once completed, you are awarded an Ontario graduate certificate, and not an MSc.
for requirements, you just need a bsc in computer science, engineering or an IT related engineering field
I hope your question is answered?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jredlom(m): 5:56pm On Jun 16, 2016
Why is it not short studies because i saw it on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-who.asp that i don't need a study permit to study if I plan to take a course or program in Canada that lasts six months or less
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kirusky4life(f): 6:14pm On Jun 16, 2016
wayaa007:

There's no Georgian university of Canada, what I believe you are referring to is Georgian college, in Ontario. And what they have is a post graduate certificate in information network security systems. once completed, you are awarded an Ontario graduate certificate, and not an MSc.
for requirements, you just need a bsc in computer science, engineering or an IT related engineering field
I hope your question is answered?
yes. But if the certificate dey offer is not MSC. what then is it equivalent to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Olargee: 6:45pm On Jun 16, 2016
i would assume that since you have applied for your TRV and going to attend Centennial, you ought to have paid your deposit tuition before your unconditional offer of study was issued. The school uses proxy payment via either western union or peer transfer for international fee receipts. quote author=matthew2120 post=46632511]
Have applied for my TRV Buh am really finding it difficult paying my tuition fees , what's your status ? [/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 16, 2016
Dear all, Pls who knows how long the TRV issued is valid for. Those that have gotten theirs should pls help.[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CruzAj(m): 6:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
GrandCommander:
Dear all, Pls who knows how long the TRV issued is valid for. Those that have gotten theirs should pls help.
depending on the duration of the program u are applying for. If you go for 1 year program u are getting a 1yr visa with 2yrs work permit after u graduate then 2yrs program comes with 2yrs visa with 3yrs work permit after you graduate.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 16, 2016
CruzAj:
depending on the duration of the program u are applying for. If you go for 1 year program u are getting a 1yr visa with 2yrs work permit after u graduate then 2yrs program comes with 2yrs visa with 3yrs work permit after you graduate.
misleading information! Do ur research well. please before answering any1s questions be sure and do your research well.. 1year program=1year post graduate wrk permit. 2years program=3years pgwp.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CruzAj(m): 7:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
Its been a while now..this forum really helped me with all the info i needed to get my Visa....Always read previous posts to get enough info..Do not be in a hurry to apply and for those who got delayed do not relent gather ur documents, look for those loop holes and fix them properly....ask questions and apply again. Canada is a multicultural country with lots of people from different part of the world, so they need u guys to come impact your knowledge in there country and with the new govt of Canada things has really been made easy for international students here, so don't loose hope and don't stop believing in the almighty. I wish u all Success.

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by matthew2120(m): 7:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
Olargee:
i would assume that since you have applied for your TRV and going to attend Centennial, you ought to have paid your deposit tuition before your unconditional offer of study was issued. The school uses proxy payment via either western union or peer transfer for international fee receipts. quote author=matthew2120 post=46632511]
Have applied for my TRV Buh am really finding it difficult paying my tuition fees , what's your status ?
boss Olager , my daed line for payment was yesterday , is it going to affect my TRV , have been trying hard to do interbank transfer straight from my gtb account , please enlighten me ..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CruzAj(m): 7:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
michV:
misleading information! Do ur research well. please before answering any1s questions be sure and do your research well.. 1year program=1year post graduate wrk permit. 2years program=3years pgwp.
My bad @MichV thanks for that little correction.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MsLee: 7:40pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hello House,

Please is anyone going to Cambrian College?

I submitted my application two weeks ago and school resumes first week in September.

I'm just worried and praying i get a response before September.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by oggysena: 8:18pm On Jun 16, 2016
kennykentipsy:
you should get it within 5 working days give me your student number and program applied for i will help you go check at the admissions office

Kenny thanks for your response, I was sent the e payment receipt but I haven't been sent or given a student number yet. Am I suppose to get that immediately after payment? I applied for the welding technician 2yr program. I applied with my Waec certifications my uni statement of result.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by oggysena: 8:20pm On Jun 16, 2016
igbohausayoruba:

Not yet but very soon.....what's course?

Welding technician 2yr program, are yuh applying at Niagara or yuh have already applied?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Olargee: 8:23pm On Jun 16, 2016
I don't see how you would be given a TRV without having a confirmed admission (yes the VO would contact your school to confirm). Your options are either to pay through a domiciliary account, or defer your admission to Jan 2017. I would suggest that even before you make any payments, you contact the school to know if you would be given a grace period to get your payment over to them.
matthew2120:
boss Olager , my daed line for payment was yesterday , is it going to affect my TRV , have been trying hard to do interbank transfer straight from my gtb account , please enlighten me ..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by matthew2120(m): 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
Olargee:
I don't see how you would be given a TRV without having a confirmed admission (yes the VO would contact your school to confirm). Your options are either to pay through a domiciliary account, or defer your admission to Jan 2017. I would suggest that even before you make any payments, you contact the school to know if you would be given a grace period to get your payment over to them.

Thanks for the reply boss , will try from a domicilary account tomorrow since have already applied for my TRV ,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CSSPATRICK: 9:01pm On Jun 16, 2016
CruzAj:
Its been a while now..this forum really helped me with all the info i needed to get my Visa....Always read previous posts to get enough info..Do not be in a hurry to apply and for those who got delayed do not relent gather ur documents, look for those loop holes and fix them properly....ask questions and apply again. Canada is a multicultural country with lots of people from different part of the world, so they need u guys to come impact your knowledge in there country and with the new govt of Canada things has really been made easy for international students here, so don't loose hope and don't stop believing in the almighty. I wish u all Success.

Thanks so much for the motivation and encouragement.

Please are you anywhere close to Ontario. I would like to get more firsthand information about studying in Ottawa.

Concerning my visa application, I applied online and did biometrics same day. Immediately after submitting my application I got 3 mesgs via donotreply@cic.ca with caption " you have a new message" two of which have my UCI no. attached to the subject. Later on, after biometrics I got the forth saying that " your application has been updated" but when I logon to MyCIC I found no changes.

Please, is that a usual experience?

Your response please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by wayaa007(m): 9:14pm On Jun 16, 2016
Kirusky4life:

yes. But if the certificate dey offer is not MSC. what then is it equivalent to?
I will give you the answer the program supervisor gave me when I asked the somie question.
"...The grad cert is helpful to gain employment since many employers like to see canadian degrees/diplomas and security is a good field to be in..."
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by igbohausayoruba: 9:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
oggysena:

Welding technician 2yr program, are yuh applying at Niagara or yuh have already applied?

Already Applied.....I guess u re applying for september/fall?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 9:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
The probability that you will get a TRV with such a course is near zero. I don't mean to discourage you, but you should know that the VO (visa officer) will find it unjustifiable that you want to go study French Language and Culture in Canada when you could have studied such in Benin Republic or Cameroon (or any other nearby Francophone West African country). If you apply with this course, it is almost guaranteed that you will get a "Purpose of Visit" denial. Your application would appear as a mere ploy to abscond from Nigeria.

But hey, if you feel you have a strong and compelling justification for why you would rather study that course in Canada, then I can't discourage you. Best of luck.

**Your probability of getting the TRV (with such a course) goes up if your passport has several EU/US visas and trips to other OECD countries and if you have lots of very strong ties to Nigeria (e.g. you own a highly profitable company), and you have a wife & kids. But even in this case, you would still need to have compelling reasons why you intend to do this in Canada and not Benin Republic or Cote D'Ivoire or Cameroon or Togo.

jredlom:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by igbohausayoruba: 9:22pm On Jun 16, 2016
kennykentipsy:

Correct guy......I go like follow you reason some things.....meanwhile how's the school bro? Cos u sound like person wey dey there....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by moufpeas(m): 9:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
durai:
which route

Online route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CruzAj(m): 10:09pm On Jun 16, 2016
CSSPATRICK:

Thanks so much for the motivation and encouragement.

Please are you anywhere close to Ontario. I would like to get more firsthand information about studying in Ottawa.

Concerning my visa application, I applied online and did biometrics same day. Immediately after submitting my application I got 3 mesgs via donotreply@cic.ca with caption " you have a new message" two of which have my UCI no. attached to the subject. Later on, after biometrics I got the forth saying that " your application has been updated" but when I logon to MyCIC I found no changes.

Please, is that a usual experience?

Your response please.

I'm not in Ontario. I dont know much about online route.I used paper route last year when i applied. but i think the next update u should get would be a medical request.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CSSPATRICK: 10:31pm On Jun 16, 2016
CruzAj:
I'm not in Ontario. I dont know much about online route.I used paper route last year when i applied. but i think the next update u should get would be a medical request.

Did upfront medical.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by matogbe: 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2016
[s][/s]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by matogbe: 10:40pm On Jun 16, 2016
Hello guys, Can one visit US from Canada with Canada student TRV, or can one apply in Canada, or in Nigeria b4 travelling? Thanks for your feedback.

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.