Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,678 members, 7,831,106 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1010839 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bombman: 10:27am On Apr 12, 2016
Use google chrome save the form and open it offline.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ceemac: 10:36am On Apr 12, 2016
Amefrica:

Haha yes baba oo! I used to be active here, when I said active - I mean VERY active. But life in Canada is quite busy and be very intimidating. I just finished my finals, so I should be coming on here every now and then. Thanks homie! smiley

Bro... I just sent you a PM kindly reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ugosshhh: 10:51am On Apr 12, 2016
steffans:

Dude, I didn't know IOM Abuja did Medicals for Canadian embassy..
I could have gone there.. Than burning a whole 48k on medicals in Abuja clinics..

But pls make sure they are on the list of hospital listed by Canadian embassy..

Goodluck!

yea...they are on the list, that's where I got there contact from. I am just having double mind because they just recently added them, dont know how good their services are, I dont need stories.lol.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 10:59am On Apr 12, 2016
Amefrica:

Of course, Canada is a dream country, and you shall get here too soon, by God's grace. My exams went quite alright, though exhausting. I do not know a whole lot about Halifax, but I go there every now and then. I know a couple people going to Dalhousie, and Halifax is a great and very lively city. You would not regret it if that's your destination. On some weekends, my friends and I drive down there to club and stuff. grin

smiley lively was the opposite of what I had in mind. How's the Nigerian community there? I know Indians are taking over LOL. And it's like the technology jobs are more in Alberta than in Halifax from what I've been seeing on another forum.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kulllchi: 11:09am On Apr 12, 2016
I was called for.applied since January.Just hoping everything goes well.

hayqinsbFX:
were you called fr it or youre doing upfront?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by esteechris(f): 11:15am On Apr 12, 2016
Yes, my friend was requested to pay the fees and was given 2 weeks grace to do so. Although, she got denied because she couldn't meet up. sad
GrandCommander:
Greetings everyone. Just wanna confirm something. We all know dat payment of tuition is not required before submitting ur application even though we believe that it can boost ones chances of getting d visa but my question is dat has anyone been called by CIC to make payment of tuition fee after applying prior to issuance of the visa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by steffans(m): 11:16am On Apr 12, 2016
ugosshhh:

yea...they are on the list, that's where I got there contact from. I am just having double mind because they just recently added them, dont know how good their services are, I dont need stories.lol.

If it's on their site..
Go ahead...
Meanwhile, if you are going for an upfront medical.. There is a form d hospital fills online for you..

If they have that template pls have no fear..
It will go through...

That means Abuja clinics might go down with his price.. If the number of people going to his hospital reduces..

D guy enjoyed the monopoly for a long time..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 12, 2016
esteechris:
Yes, my friend was requested to pay the fees and was given 2 weeks grace to do so. Although, she got denied because she couldn't meet up. sad

Sorry about dat. One thing dat I know as of recent is dat it's not easy to access Forex exchange nowadays as it could take a long time for it to be processed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 12, 2016
Hi SegunWamiri, good morning

I changed my mind about the UG stuff. I'm going for diploma now. I've seen two schools I want to apply to but the problem now is, the requirements on their website is high school transcript with some certain average. No reference was made to the equivalent for international students (both schools). Should I just go ahead and upload my SSCE in place of high school transcript?

Please, anyone should feel free to answer. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Churkie: 11:54am On Apr 12, 2016
NewSheriff:
I just saw this as estimated fees to be paid on the website of a school I'm applying to for a 2 years diploma.

Isn't $7260 too much per semester? Considering it's to be paid 4 good times. Or I'm just not interpreting what's written there correctly

Screenshot attached.

It is very correct. That's the amount for international students at NAIT. I have an offer letter from the school. Waiting on CIC for visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 11:56am On Apr 12, 2016
NewSheriff:
Hi SegunWamiri, good morning

I changed my mind about the UG stuff. I'm going for diploma now. I've seen two schools I want to apply to but the problem now is, the requirements on their website is high school transcript with some certain average. No reference was made to the equivalent for international students (both schools). Should I just go ahead and upload my SSCE in place of high school transcript?

Please, anyone should feel free to answer. Thanks
Buy scratch card and scratch it and upload with your SSCE certificate to show you exam no.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 12, 2016
Churkie:

It is very correct. That's the amount for international students at NAIT. I have an offer letter from the school. Waiting on CIC for visa.
Wow. E take style cost sha. grin

Which course did they give you an offer? Btw, I thought you were still searching for schools two days back?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Churkie: 12:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
straph:

No, you dont, each colleges have peculiar requirements, some of the easier ones are fanshawe, northern, Sheridan. I used ontario colleges and Im presently having 4 LOAs. I have applied for my permit and did my biometric today with upfront medicals

Thanks so much for the info. So how did you send your credentials to the schools?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
Arcayo:

Buy scratch card and scratch it and upload with your acceptance certificate to show you exam no.
Thanks for your swift response, sir. You mean SSCE certificate? @bolded

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Churkie: 12:09pm On Apr 12, 2016
Churkie:

Thanks so much for the info. So how did you send your credentials to the schools?

Petroleum Engineering Technology. Diploma, Lol, I'm very sure it is the course you looked up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 12:13pm On Apr 12, 2016
For those who need Fx to travel, I made an enquiry from GT:

Dear Bamz. Thank you for contacting us. We have some designated branches where you can apply for PTA like Akin Adesola, Plaza etc. The required documents are valid passport and visa, return ticket and the duly completed form. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by StanP(m): 12:14pm On Apr 12, 2016
GeneralSnipper:

GeneralSnipper: March 10, U of NewBrunswick, Masters, Online.

Una no dey go University of Alberta? Hian!! Any prospective MBA student for U of Alberta?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Churkie: 12:15pm On Apr 12, 2016
NewSheriff:
Wow. E take style cost sha. grin

Which course did they give you an offer? Btw, I thought you were still searching for schools two days back?

Petroleum Engineering Technology, Fall 2016. Yea I'm still searching for schools that offer PGD in petroleum engineering. From what I have read here, it is better to go for a graduate degree or certificate when u r already a graduate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 12, 2016
StanP:

Una no dey go University of Alberta? Hian!! Any prospective MBA student for U of Alberta?
University of Alberta too dey expensive. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 12, 2016
Churkie:

Petroleum Engineering Technology, Fall 2016. Yea I'm still searching for schools that offer PGD in petroleum engineering. From what I have read here, it is better to go for a graduate degree or certificate when u r already a graduate.
Same course I'm going for. Which document did you submit in place of high school transcript?

Hmmm certificate is better than diploma? I thought diploma is higher than certificate as you can use it to apply for work permit?
Cc: Bamz, Amefrica and other gurus
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by alpatosky: 12:35pm On Apr 12, 2016
Please the applications form for temporary resident visa and Study permit is not downloading. Can somebody help me with tips, please
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by AdexStudio(m): 12:36pm On Apr 12, 2016
Good day all. Happy to make my first comment on Part 10 of this tread. IOM Abuja is on the list of Medical center for Canadian Visa. I paid 28k November last year as against Abuja clinic 48k.

Name: IOM Migration Health Assessment Centre Abuja 
Address: 4 Buchannan Close,
off Buchannan Crescent, off Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse 11, Abuja
iomabujamedicalbooking@iom.int
Telephone: +234 (0) 808 522 1427
+234 (0) 807 219 1122
steffans:

Dude, I didn't know IOM Abuja did Medicals for Canadian embassy..
I could have gone there.. Than burning a whole 48k on medicals in Abuja clinics..

But pls make sure they are on the list of hospital listed by Canadian embassy..

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Churkie: 12:38pm On Apr 12, 2016
NewSheriff:
Same course I'm going for. Which document did you submit in place of high school transcript?

Hmmm certificate is better than diploma? I thought diploma is higher than certificate as you can use it to apply for work permit?
Cc: Bamz, Amefrica and other gurus

I submitted notarized WAEC and NECO results through courier service to the school.They will post a fee of $75CAD on your account much later for result assessment.

I meant graduate certificates or Post graduate diplomas. The degree offered by NAIT is just diploma.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by pampem: 12:43pm On Apr 12, 2016
StanP:

Lol. University of newbrunswick MBA admission holder present here. The school is quite affordable.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by AdexStudio(m): 12:44pm On Apr 12, 2016
No doubt about IOM. I used them last year for my TRV which was approved. They even have good customer relationship compare to Abuja Clinic.
steffans:

If it's on their site..
Go ahead...
Meanwhile, if you are going for an upfront medical.. There is a form d hospital fills online for you..

If they have that template pls have no fear..
It will go through...

That means Abuja clinics might go down with his price.. If the number of people going to his hospital reduces..

D guy enjoyed the monopoly for a long time..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by o2(f): 12:50pm On Apr 12, 2016
Hello All,
Its me again. I just got an Acceptance letter from Red River College and planning to submit my application next week, as soon as i get the completed documents from my Sponsor. Is anybody like me at this stage. Let me knowwwww oh especially if yo also applied to the same school. Iron sharpens Iron.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 12, 2016
Churkie:

I submitted notarized WAEC and NECO results through courier service to the school.They will post a fee of $75CAD on your account much later for result assessment.

I meant graduate certificates or Post graduate diplomas. The degree offered by NAIT is just diploma.

Will scanned soft copies be okay?

Hmmm true sha. A B.Sc is even higher than just diploma but I heard it can be used to apply for work permit and masters degree. I don't know how true sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ugosshhh: 12:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
AdexStudio:
No doubt about IOM. I used them last year for my TRV which was approved. They even have good customer relationship compare to Abuja Clinic.

Tnx for the info.....IOM all d way, let me save myself 15k.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by AdexStudio(m): 1:15pm On Apr 12, 2016
ugosshhh:

Tnx for the info.....IOM all d way, let me save myself 15k.

Better do. B4 it was 20k difference. Is thesame E-Medical sheet they're going to give you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olaniyisal: 1:33pm On Apr 12, 2016
Hello House,

Please kindly highlight the process for the paper route.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (403)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.