Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,673 members, 7,827,465 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1009939 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 12, 2016
kife:

Minimum wage they say is abt 11$ per hour 4 a max of 20hr/wk.
Could u tell us more about pay and this 20hr tin?

Minimum wage varies from province to province. But I don't think any province pays less than $10/hour. During school session, you are only allowed to work 20 hours/week, but during holidays you can work full time! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by IyaEjima(f): 8:14pm On Apr 12, 2016
MEEHAR:
Finally went to do an upfront medical today but on getting home, I received a mail that CIC told them that I should come back as soon as possible for further tests... Chai... I told them am hep B+ and i gave them my medical report(done in December, 2015), which the doctor that attended to me confirmed it was okay...Now, they want me to do a more recent tests.... ALTHOUGH, THE DOCTOR THAT ATTENDED TO ME SAID BEING POSITIVE TO HEPATITIS DOESN'T AFFECT CIC DECISION... was he serious or kidding me... Confused...
smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bombman: 8:17pm On Apr 12, 2016
alpatosky:
Can some one give tips on how to download the online application form. The page is not coming up and I have updated my adobe reader.plssssssssss
Use google chrome and save the form ,afterwards open it offline.thats what I did

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 8:21pm On Apr 12, 2016
Amefrica:

Nah bruh aha! Just got done with my 2nd year grin

Oh oh still some way to go aye
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 12, 2016
IyaEjima:

Just to encourage u. Please go back for whatever test u were asked to go back for. I applied for a relative to come visit me, did upfront meds, and then dey said my relative needed more tests- (wasn't hep B or something infectious though) but I was furious cuz the tests were expensive.. D hospital even harassed my relative with calls. We refused to go for d test, app was left dormant. To cut d long story short, we got 4years visa 10 days after my relative went back for more tests. So stay positive! And trust God!!

Thanks for the advice

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
Bamz:

Oh oh still some way to go aye

Yes brother aha!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by loriaidah(f): 9:25pm On Apr 12, 2016
Yes I did mine last year DEC.at 28000. They are good so you are good using them.

ugosshhh:

Please can someone respond
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olah23(m): 9:37pm On Apr 12, 2016
Sorry I can't lol, mine was 143 in Dec but I used my card, d one I did last month was 149 in gtb..
ziggy3579:
Hello my people, anyone noticed the rate at which the Canadian dollar is rising against Naira? As of this morning it was 154.8 and on checking it now it's 155.8. It used to be 148 sometimes last month. I intend to pay my tuition dis week but dis dollar shiit is killing cry

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Reetha: 9:37pm On Apr 12, 2016
@house
thumbs up to everyone on this thread. this thread have been my visa agent. thank you to all the contributors. please someone should respond to my question.
Affidavit of sponsorship and declaration of sponsorship r they the same thing. and if they are different, must I do a declaration of sponsorship

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by GeneralSnipper: 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2016
I was offered an M.Eng (Mech Engr) with UNB. Just waiting on CIC for now. @pampem also confirmed He/She got an MBA slot at UNB. You going for UnderG or Masters? What Course?
Kulllchi:
Anybody going to university of New Brunswick or already there
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 9:48pm On Apr 12, 2016
okay
all the best
Kulllchi:

I applied ending of dec but did biometrics ending of January.just did medicals yesterday and to study Child and Youth Care at New Brunswick Community College for Fall.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 9:51pm On Apr 12, 2016
Nd the funniest thing is US Dollar isn't rising, just Canadian dollar

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by AdexStudio(m): 9:58pm On Apr 12, 2016
I beg what is my business with Airport greeters?
Welcome to Memorial University! We are looking forward to seeing you this winter. Please read the following information.

New Student Checklist
Our checklist for new international students is at http://www.mun.ca/isa/new/before.php Please read through it in detail. It will answer every question you have about coming to Memorial University in St. John's, NL, including important information about mandatory health insurance, airport greeter services, housing, MUN mentors, family program, etc.

Airport Greeter Services
We will be happy to meet you at the airport. Enter your flight details at http://www.mun.ca/isa/new/pickup.php. Please note you must request your campus card though the ISA Services link on your MyMUN portal account before requesting an airport greeter. Your airport greeter will provide you with a binder and other important information regarding your arrival in St. John's. Give us 48 hours advance notice to prepare for your arrival. Make sure your destination is St. John's, airport code-YYT. Please ensure you have Canadian cash or a credit card that works in Canada for the taxi ride from the airport to your accommodations. Our greeter will assist you and explain to the taxi driver how you will pay and where your destination is in the city.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kife(m): 10:02pm On Apr 12, 2016
Reetha:
@house
thumbs up to everyone on this thread. this thread have been my visa agent. thank you to all the contributors. please someone should respond to my question.
Affidavit of sponsorship and declaration of sponsorship r they the same thing. and if they are different, must I do a declaration of sponsorship

They are the same, keep ur application simple as simple as possible so u don't evn appear too careful.

Depends on who is sponsoring u...affidavit is jst 1k5, so u might as well do it 4 d sake.
Godspeed!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Giov: 10:36pm On Apr 12, 2016
Jlakeside:

I did.. And I've received admission letter since March 02 for Msc, likewise some people going for UG here too..
What program did you apply to?. Msc or UG?
Msc. Though the app deadline was April 1st.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by 1beat(m): 10:38pm On Apr 12, 2016
I said in two weeks ago that am coming here to appreciate the Goodness of God concerning my package, Although my application was denied, i give God the glory, i appreciate is Goodness, love and protection through out. I know His accurate, perfect and able in my life.
I think i need to work with God and people on this forum not agent, please my brothers and sisters in the house any time i troll questions at you please answer me

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ene12: 10:39pm On Apr 12, 2016
ziggy3579:
Nd the funniest thing is US Dollar isn't rising, just Canadian dollar

Hi everyone, pls I need help, I paid my first tution fee 7550CAD wit d form A which d bank debited abt 1.154,000 naira , I was called from the bank and dey asked dat I add up 350,000 to the money debited before... I really do nt understand cus it feels like am paying d US dollar equivalent of the 7550... pls can sm1 explain to me...tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 12, 2016
Amefrica:

Work permit comes with your study permit, it's automatic at the POE!
I mean after your studies. If a college diploma can be used to apply for work permit after you've graduated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ene12: 10:48pm On Apr 12, 2016
ene12:

Hi everyone, pls I need help, I paid my first tution fee 7550CAD wit d form A which d bank debited abt 1.154,000 naira , I was called from the bank and dey asked dat I add up 350,000 to the money debited before... I really do nt understand cus it feels like am paying d US dollar equivalent of the 7550... pls can sm1 explain to me...tanx

Pls sm1 pls reply...tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Jlakeside: 11:01pm On Apr 12, 2016
Giov:
Msc. Though the app deadline was April 1st.
What program?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TheDreamChaser: 11:02pm On Apr 12, 2016
ene12:

Pls sm1 pls reply...tnx

Call your bank and tell them your fees is in CAD. Your bank is in a better position to answer this but I feel they must have mistook CAD for USD
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 11:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
I think it's a mistake from d bank, try go there tomorrow and hear what they have to say, cos from dat additional amount of 350,000 dat means dey are charging u 199 naira for
ene12:

Pls sm1 pls reply...tnx
one cadollar. Don't get ur self worried, am sure it's a mistake from them
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ene12: 11:18pm On Apr 12, 2016
Tanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olah23(m): 12:35am On Apr 13, 2016
Go back to the bank and ask for the rate they are charging you
ene12:

Pls sm1 pls reply...tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:41am On Apr 13, 2016
NewSheriff:
I mean after your studies. If a college diploma can be used to apply for work permit after you've graduated.

Oh sorry! What type of diploma thou and how many years is it? Is it PGD?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 13, 2016
Amefrica:

Oh sorry! What type of diploma thou and how many years is it? Is it PGD?
It's 2 years and it's just diploma, not post graduate diploma (PGD) offered by southern Alberta Institute of technology. More like a polytechnic.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kulllchi: 1:24am On Apr 13, 2016
Sorry I meant to say New Brunswick Community College.Am going for a diploma in Child And Youth Care.I already have B.Sc from a Nig uni.Currently on NYSC.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kulllchi: 1:27am On Apr 13, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
okay
all the best

Thanks ,Amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 2:47am On Apr 13, 2016
ene12:

Pls sm1 pls reply...tnx

Hello, concerning the issue of the payment you made , i'd like to know how long it took before you got the telex copy of payment from the bank , because the school needs it for a receipt tp be issued , i made payment last week friday
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by DanIndia(m): 2:55am On Apr 13, 2016
Have you seen those movies where the Actor travels a long way from home and is welcomed by a medium-sized good-looking young lady carrying a board with a name written on it ? That's an Airport greeter.
Do not expect a very cute one though smiley In your case, I don't think it's mandatory. You can decide not to enter your details on that link.
AdexStudio:
I beg what is my business with Airport greeters?
Welcome to Memorial University! We are looking forward to seeing you this winter. Please read the following information.

New Student Checklist
Our checklist for new international students is at http://www.mun.ca/isa/new/before.php Please read through it in detail. It will answer every question you have about coming to Memorial University in St. John's, NL, including important information about mandatory health insurance, airport greeter services, housing, MUN mentors, family program, etc.

Airport Greeter Services
We will be happy to meet you at the airport. Enter your flight details at http://www.mun.ca/isa/new/pickup.php. Please note you must request your campus card though the ISA Services link on your MyMUN portal account before requesting an airport greeter. Your airport greeter will provide you with a binder and other important information regarding your arrival in St. John's. Give us 48 hours advance notice to prepare for your arrival. Make sure your destination is St. John's, airport code-YYT. Please ensure you have Canadian cash or a credit card that works in Canada for the taxi ride from the airport to your accommodations. Our greeter will assist you and explain to the taxi driver how you will pay and where your destination is in the city.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 4:31am On Apr 13, 2016
Carter001:

Hello, concerning the issue of the payment you made , i'd like to know how long it took before you got the telex copy of payment from the bank , because the school needs it for a receipt tp be issued , i made payment last week friday
You can go to your bank and request for it instead of waiting.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 5:17am On Apr 13, 2016
Why were you denied?
What program are you going for?
Share your documents?
1beat:
I said in two weeks ago that am coming here to appreciate the Goodness of God concerning my package, Although my application was denied, i give God the glory, i appreciate is Goodness, love and protection through out. I know His accurate, perfect and able in my life.
I think i need to work with God and people on this forum not agent, please my brothers and sisters in the house any time i troll questions at you please answer me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (403)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.