Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1006575 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
Jayne07:
Hello house! Went to vfs today to get my password. These are the reasons for the refusal
babe my input on this, get a good sponsor,relate the relationship with convincing documentry evidence,let him/her make some financial commitment atleast to convince this torchlight eyes of VOs. for personal assets,i think something is missing from experience it could be ur BANK acct statement if employment docs are in place.but you can still prove me wrong on this one if you added ur personal acct statement

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Jayne07(f): 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2016
michV:
babe my input on this, get a good sponsor,relate the relationship with convincing documentry evidence,let him/her make some financial commitment atleast to convince this torchlight eyes of VOs. for personal assets,i think something is missing from experience it could be ur BANK acct statement if employment docs are in place.but you can still prove me wrong on this one if you added ur personal acct statement
I didn't submit my bank statement but I submitted 3 months pay slip. My sponsor is a family friend who I've bin living with for years and also my employer. All these was stated in The sponsorship letter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by omooba2015(m): 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2016
Anybody flying Ethiopian airline to Toronto by mid August, let hook up.. For those in Ontario,any body close to Sudbury.. Please I need ur help for accommodation... Pm me .Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 7:40pm On Jul 12, 2016
Arcayo:

You can't blame them...maybe we Nigerians have highest number of applications, highest number fake documents,highest number of desperate applicants, etc, ghana processing time is 8weeks, Niger 5weeks, Republic of benin 8weeks....also you can't blame us Nigerians we want better standard of Living conditions for ourselves and children which our corrupt government/leader can't provide for us......we should all hope for the best and God's plan.

Bros if you come see south Africa processing time nko ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dmines22: 7:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
Jayne07:
Hello house! Went to vfs today to get my password. These are the reasons for the refusal

It's well ma.... Let your sponsor increase his or her financial base.... Let him write a comprehensive letter of sponsorship stating how much he will be committing per year or in total, also explaining clearly why he is sponsoring you and how you are related to him. Endeavour to submit your personal SOA next time also.

I wish you well.... #NeverEverGiveUp.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 12, 2016
Jayne07:

I didn't submit my bank statement but I submitted 3 months pay slip. My sponsor is a family friend who I've bin living with for years and also my employer. All these was stated in The sponsorship letter
financial commitment from the sponsor will go a long way this time around if you will do so,also his/her dependants must v been considered by the VO too,let the acct be increased if it also lies there and since you are working your personal bank account statement is needed, this clears personal assets/financial status

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 7:53pm On Jul 12, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 7:57pm On Jul 12, 2016
yemdogg:

Bros if you come see south Africa processing time nko ?
Well they will have their reasons for the longer processing time sha, even some countries that I think will have months of application are just 5weeks, Afghan, Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Sudan, Libya, etc NO OFFENCE MEANT
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 7:57pm On Jul 12, 2016
that sponsorship isnt credible enough from my own point of view....

I believe even if the sponsor isnt an uncle or aunt...find a way to call them one....

I do not believe in all these employer, employee, family friend yarns... for yankee wetin b the meaning of family friend?
Jayne07:

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajayi4(m): 8:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hello guys, I want somebody to help me on this: With funding from MUN covering Tuition and other educational dues, aside from accommodation and feeding, including travelling expenses, if I use my pension account running to K300, 000 without salary statement of account and having my Uncle, same saw name as my sponsor, how good am I to go? My salary account has no savings. As I said earlier, I work as a journalist. Thank you all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Khloepatra: 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
Bamz:

Cc: Khloepatra
Thanks Bamz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 8:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
Jayne07:
Sorry Sis for the outcome, repackage and refire, you will get it next time

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by pascal2young(m): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2016
good day everyone...pls how can i get character certificate from police and how much does it cost
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2016
pascal2young:
good day everyone...pls how can i get character certificate from police and how much does it cost
If you are in Lagos,Ikoyi is the way,#6,500 is the cost,go with a passport and your international passport...if you need further information let the house know.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 8:37pm On Jul 12, 2016
[quote author=Ajayi4 post=47476501]

Bros, your uncle with same 'saw name' might as well be changed to your Brother (since you have same surname) and if the age gap between you two is not much. You could include a pix of both of you to show relationship (they will return ur pix back if you applied through paper route). At least those were what i did then.

As per funding, it depends on how much your sponsor has for that since your salary account has no savings and your pension account of 300k 'might' not be sufficiently convincing for a VO. To be on a safer side, your sponsor's cash flow is important.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajayi4(m): 8:49pm On Jul 12, 2016
[quote author=Gymme post=47477338][/quote] But our birth certificates will show different fathers, or I should claim his father as mine. His father is younger brother to my father
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by pascal2young(m): 8:51pm On Jul 12, 2016
bjmme:
If you are in Lagos,Ikoyi is the way,#6,500 is the cost,go with a passport and your international passport...if you need further information let the house know.
tnks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Deda3103(f): 8:59pm On Jul 12, 2016
Ajayi4:
But our birth certificates will show different fathers, or I should claim his father as mine. His father is younger brother to my father

Your uncle is your father's bro; your father's brother's son is your cousin (your supposed uncle now).

He is your cousin.

11 weeks and counting. I'm assisting with family tree. CIC mind yourself o.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 9:08pm On Jul 12, 2016
Jayne07:

Jayne, i am once again sorry for the delay, it is only a delay, it is not a refusal.

Michv, dminess22 and others have sufficiently addressed the issue of sponsor. however from the delay letter i observed that the vo also concluded that you wouldn't return to your country upon conclusion of your studies. I cannot state categorically why and how the VO arrived at this conclusion but i can make a calculated guess.

Indeed you submitted your pay slip/stub but am afraid the pay slip only buttresses your claim that you're employed and nothing else. your pay slip cannot be used as reliable/viable proof of your personal asset or financial asset. Flowing from the above, it is very cogent to submit other documents in addition to your pay slip in order to prove personal asset/financial asset. such documents can be your statement of account, deeds of assignment of real property or sale agreement of real property either developed or not.

My point is if you have been working for a while, it is always prudent to provide relevant documents to show your personal asset/financial asset. you claimed to be working but you didn't submit your statement of account showing your accumulated savings or other relevant documents showing the property that you have acquired using your income. It would have been a different thing if you stated that you are doing a volunteer job/employment, that way the vo may not pay much attention to your assets.

When did you even finish school? when did you complete your nysc program? how long have you been working? Are you married ? Do you have kid(s)?

A lot of people on this thread always assume that since they are using a sponsor, they may not need to submit their own financial/property documents. This is a risk that shouldn't be encouraged. Every study permit application is unique and as such VOs don't have a general mechanism for determining the outcome of an application. For example; Mr A is a fresh graduate who just concluded his NYSC program and traveling to Canada to further his studies, obviously the VO wont expect so much personal asset/financial asset or even any asset at all from this applicant provided his sponsor is very buoyant. In fact if he attempts to sponsor to sponsor himself, the VO may be curious to know where he got the money from. Mr B however is working class and matured applicant who has been working for several years, No matter how buoyant Mr B's sponsor is, it is very prudent for Mr B to submit documents showing or evidencing his accumulated savings/ property he has acquired from his income.

Conclusively, it is prudent to always submit proof of financial asset/personal asset along side other documents whether or not you are using a sponsor. especially if you have been employed for a while.

For those bad belle peeps on this thread, to answer that question that has always been on your mind.............................NO, YEMDOGG IS NOT JOBLESS, I ONLY LIKE TO MAKE MEANINGFUL CONTRIBUTION WHEN IT IS REQUIRED. grin grin shocked

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 9:12pm On Jul 12, 2016
Lol...i guess both fathers have same surname too. Bros, will you present your birth certificates (yours and your 'uncle'/Cousin) to CIC ni? You could claim your own father as his father on one of the application forms that requires this. Afterall, it is only one father they wanna know (which is your father).

This relationship is very similar to mine and that was what i did and besides my 'Uncle/Cousin' is way older that i am which would suggest that my dad probably gave birth to him when he was just 13 years old. Iyen tun nko? lol

Ajayi4:
But our birth certificates will show different fathers, or I should claim his father as mine. His father is younger brother to my father

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by humbleosazee: 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
Jayne07:

Pls, when did you apply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kylexy1(m): 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
URGENT!!! URGENT!!! URGENT!!!
i everyone... please i have some questions....
At what point would a trv holder get his/ her study permit if he/ she uses a connecting flight and stops at montreal then to ottawa. Is it at the final destination or the point the person enters any canadian province?
2) which banks still do PTA and at what rate? Cos zenith told me 2day that they dont.
3) do d banks give CAD as PTA, if yes@ what rate?

Precise and coincise answers needed ASAP. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by KayPapi: 9:17pm On Jul 12, 2016
Anyone who don't mind sharing her/his SOP Sop with me? Please PM me

Should sop be written in a letter or essay format? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rotexxxx24: 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2016
lawmerchant:

With your high CGPA you should be able to get at least an admission scholarship in schools in the major universities in Canada. In addition, you should contact prospective supervisors in your school of choice. Those of them that have research funding will be very happy to offer you paid Research or Gradute Assistantship position.
thanks for the response.
really appreciate
hope you don't mind we share contacts?
rotimitoran@gmail.com
that's my mail address
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 9:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
To question 1, your first point of entry (first city) in Canada. In this case, Montreal. Hope you sabi speak French tho! Lol...#JustAdulting.

[quote author=kylexy1 post=47478461]Hi everyone... please i have some questions....
At what point would a trv holder get his/ her study permit if he/ she uses a connecting flight and stops at montreal then to ottawa. Is it at the final destination or the point the person enters any canadian province?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jaybmich: 9:27pm On Jul 12, 2016
Arcayo:

Well they will have their reasons for the longer processing time sha, even some countries that I think will have months of application are just 5weeks, Afghan, Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Sudan, Libya, etc NO OFFENCE MEANT
lol..well..IMO...is not really about how solid the country is. The determinant factor is the high no of applications they receive... with our current precarious situation and the no of our population...is quite obvious why Nigeria takes that much time...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by faculty: 9:39pm On Jul 12, 2016
Pls house, i need an urgent help from professionals. I already have admission for pHD in mcgill but awaiting funding from my sponsor but he could not complete the full funding to the tune of 15m. I now requested that he shd divide it into 3 tranches such that 5m for each year until 3 years which equal 15m as required for the program. He intend to issue me the 5m as scholarship with bank draft and deposited into my account. Can i use the scholarship letter and bank draft including my Statement of account with the 5m to apply for visa? Pls i need ur professional[b] help.

NEED RESPONSE PLEASE[/b
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Jayne07(f): 9:57pm On Jul 12, 2016
yemdogg:

Jayne, i am once again sorry for the delay, it is only a delay, it is not a refusal.

Michv, dminess22 and others have sufficiently addressed the issue of sponsor. however from the delay letter i observed that the vo also concluded that you wouldn't return to your country upon conclusion of your studies. I cannot state categorically why and how the VO arrived at this conclusion but i can make a calculated guess.

Indeed you submitted your pay slip/stub but am afraid the pay slip only buttresses your claim that you're employed and nothing else. your pay slip cannot be used as reliable/viable proof of your personal asset or financial asset. Flowing from the above, it is very cogent to submit other documents in addition to your pay slip in order to prove personal asset/financial asset. such documents can your statement of account, deeds of assignment of real property or sale agreement of real property either developed or not.

My point is if you have been working for a while, it is always prudent to provide relevant documents to show your personal asset/financial asset. you claimed to be working but you didn't submit your statement of account showing your accumulated savings or other relevant documents showing the property that you have acquired using your income. It would have been a different thing if you stated that you are doing a volunteer job/employment, that way the vo may not pay much attention to your assets.

When did you even finish school? when did you complete your nysc program? how long have you been working? Are you married ? Do you have kid(s)?

A lot of people on this thread always assume that since they are using a sponsor, they may not need to submit their own financial/property documents. This is a risk it shouldn't be encouraged. Every study permit application is unique and as such VOs don't have a general mechanism for determining the outcome of an application. For example; Mr A is a fresh graduate who just concluded his NYSC program and traveling to Canada to further his studies, obviously the VO wont expect so much personal asset/financial asset or even any asset at all from this applicant provided his sponsor is very buoyant. In fact if he attempts to sponsor to sponsor himself, the VO may be curious to know where he got the money from. Mr B however is working class and matured applicant who has been working for several years, No matter how buoyant Mr B's sponsor is, it is very prudent for Mr B to submit documents showing or evidencing his accumulated savings/ property he has acquired from his income.

Conclusively, it is prudent to always submit proof of financial asset/personal asset along side other documents whether or not you are using a sponsor. especially if you have been employed for a while.

For those bad belle peeps on this thread, to answer that question that has always been on your mind.............................NO, YEMDOGG IS NOT JOBLESS, I ONLY LIKE TO MAKE MEANINGFUL CONTRIBUTION WHEN IT IS REQUIRED. grin grin shocked

I started working January dis year, applied for trv April. Graduated from uni 2014, completed NYSC 2015. I'm not married, I don't av kids.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 12, 2016
@t405.madam! Goodevening did u later submit at vfs yesterday. I sight you here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Jayne07(f): 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
that sponsorship isnt credible enough from my own point of view....

I believe even if the sponsor isnt an uncle or aunt...find a way to call them one....

I do not believe in all these employer, employee, family friend yarns... for yankee wetin b the meaning of family friend?

I don't know how I want to link it again sef. We av different surnames, from different states. But I've been living with him more Dan 10years and we both stated it in our letters. He's sponsored me thru out secondary school, gave me job after uni. Me I don't knw what to tell Vo again o.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Jayne07(f): 10:03pm On Jul 12, 2016
dmines22:

It's well ma.... Let your sponsor increase his or her financial base.... Let him write a comprehensive letter of sponsorship stating how much he will be committing per year or in total, also explaining clearly why he is sponsoring you and how you are related to him. Endeavour to submit your personal SOA next time also.

I wish you well.... #NeverEverGiveUp.

He swore an affidavit stating he'll give me 4m per year and I already paid my first semester fee.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 12, 2016
Jayne07:

I started working January dis year, applied for trv April. Graduated from uni 2014, completed NYSC 2015. I'm not married, I don't av kids.
babe i know how this refusal of a thing feels. ur case is simple without even a GCMS NOTE. change ur sponsor or claim the present sponsor as aunt/uncle or inlaw with their accounts well funded cos VOs dey consider every sponsor's dependants as the case may be,back it up with docs,let them make financial commitment atleast and fund ur personal SOA.i promise you,no shaking for next time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.