Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,828 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005911 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by DanIndia(m): 5:26pm On Apr 13, 2016
Was your application on ontariocolleges.ca ? If it is, please read
3jayz:
[color=#000099][/color]
It depends on how you applied and got the admission to start with. For those attending colleges in Ontario whose offers of admission come through www.ontariocolleges.ca, accepting another admission makes the previous offer void. However, if the deadline for acceptance is not yet breached you could just hold action while your visa application is still processing.
Please note this information is strictly on ontariocolleges as I do not know the workings of other provinces/institutions
Teehp:
Thanks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ceemac: 5:27pm On Apr 13, 2016
emma4eva:
I applied for MEng in civil engineering, no news yet on admission, I got admission to ryerson University but I was asked to pay a tuition deposit, I am hoping Western wouldn't ask for that.

Western sure will not demand that... No even tuition payment till arrival... As a proof of study permit is a condition for courses registration and also payment...

Goodluck bro... It will make sense
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by expertman(m): 5:51pm On Apr 13, 2016
Bamz:

Opesyy, a4larin
Oh okay thanks Bro. I pray they come online over here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 13, 2016
NewSheriff:
It's 2 years and it's just diploma, not post graduate diploma (PGD) offered by southern Alberta Institute of technology. More like a polytechnic.

Oh yeah! You should be able to get a PGWP with that - last time I checked.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by trapezius: 6:29pm On Apr 13, 2016
Hello house, please I av couple of questions I need answers to urgently so as to advise a sister. Is it okay for a wife and the husband to apply for study permit at d same time, or is it a red flag for visa denial? Another question is, assuming d husband decides to defer his application...can my sister apply for study visa with her two kids- one is just some months old n d other about 3years, or is this also a red flag for visa denial?
Please I need responses to these questions so as to be able to advise her correctly. Thanks a bunch
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by pampem: 6:45pm On Apr 13, 2016
trapezius:
Hello house, please I av couple of questions I need answers to urgently so as to advise a sister. Is it okay for a wife and the husband to apply for study permit at d same time, or is it a red flag for visa denial? Another question is, assuming d husband decides to defer his application...can my sister apply for study visa with her two kids- one is just some months old n d other about 3years, or is this also a red flag for visa denial?
Please I need responses to these questions so as to be able to advise her correctly. Thanks a bunch

hello,

i can see you just registered. kindly read back the pages of the thread , these question has been answered severally. we will appreciate people read to enable us attend to new questions. all the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by emma4eva(m): 6:47pm On Apr 13, 2016
bjmme:
,THANK YOU FOR THAT QUICK RESPONSE........THE BEST WAY TO PAY FOR SCHOOL FEES? THINKING OF PAYING THRU WESTERN UNION.
please all, wats d best method of paying this tuition deposit of 1000dollars.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by pampem: 6:49pm On Apr 13, 2016
emma4eva:
please all, wats d best method of paying this tuition deposit of 1000dollars.
through form A obtainable in most of the banks or peers transfer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 13, 2016
I jus got admission into university of British Columbia, is there anyone here that has got the same. Pls let me know about your visa processing. Tnks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by emma4eva(m): 7:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
pampem:

through form A obtainable in most of the banks or peers transfer
thanks, Pls which bank offers the best rate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by executivegej: 7:32pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ise,
FOR MUN:

1. Letter already dispatched.
2. Check ur post box or , if you live in a public house, you may want to check your NEPA box space or ask at the nearest post office to your post code area.
3. Very personal opinion based on experience- If application is positive, MUN are eager to communicate.
4. If your status has changed to 'decision made' inside more than 3 weeks, then your letter is some where in Nigeria, likely post office.
5. Mail your school secretary.

HartIse:
Brothers & Sisters, Any MUN applicant in the house? Them never still notify me of admission up till now oo. The online portal is still showing "Decision made" for weeks now. M.A Economics course based, Pls reply.. My Blood pressure don dey high ooo

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 7:43pm On Apr 13, 2016
Baba why u say so biko?
bigyemi2000:
Please know one should apply via online route again..Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 7:59pm On Apr 13, 2016
emma4eva:
thanks, Pls which bank offers the best rate
I think stanbic offer a better rate,but I will confirm from a friend that works there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tolumuntari: 8:09pm On Apr 13, 2016
Pls a response is needed from the house .
sshola:
I jus got admission into university of British Columbia, is there anyone here that has got the same. Pls let me know about your visa processing. Tnks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tolumuntari: 8:14pm On Apr 13, 2016
I only got a latter from the department in Usak that I have being recommended for admission in which I accepted by sending a mail. Can o use that letter to apply for study permit? Anyone with similar experience now or before should help oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olaniyisal: 8:50pm On Apr 13, 2016
Please will I have to fill IMM5832E Study permit questionaire for my applicant.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by AdexStudio(m): 9:35pm On Apr 13, 2016
Calm down! Give them little time. After d end of next week if no response. Mail the school.
Sgs@mun.ca
Gradapply@mun.ca
Be positive about it.
Question pls:Hope u didn't submit very late?
HartIse:
Brothers & Sisters, Any MUN applicant in the house? Them never still notify me of admission up till now oo. The online portal is still showing "Decision made" for weeks now. M.A Economics course based, Pls reply.. My Blood pressure don dey high ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by AdexStudio(m): 9:41pm On Apr 13, 2016
Well said. But if his letter has been dispatched, he supposed to get the scan copy In his email box.
To be sure, message gradapply@mun.ca and quote:
1. Your application number
2. Date of Birth
3. Full name.

executivegej:
Ise,
FOR MUN:

1. Letter already dispatched.
2. Check ur post box or , if you live in a public house, you may want to check your NEPA box space or ask at the nearest post office to your post code area.
3. Very personal opinion based on experience- If application is positive, MUN are eager to communicate.
4. If your status has changed to 'decision made' inside more than 3 weeks, then your letter is some where in Nigeria, likely post office.
5. Mail your school secretary.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Zoloex: 9:55pm On Apr 13, 2016
@sshola
I also got admitted to university of British Columbia a couple of days ago.what's your question?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Teehp(f): 10:06pm On Apr 13, 2016
DanIndia:
Was your application on ontariocolleges.ca ? If it is, please read
yeah...I know the Ontario college rule..the second offer of admission is from another province entirely
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ugosshhh: 10:54pm On Apr 13, 2016
Hello House,

can some1 apply for Trv with conditional letter of admission(pending official Transcript)?.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 13, 2016
eromosele1992:
hello everyone. .. I am eromosele by name .. I'm still a serving corp member.. I plan on traveling to Canada for my masters degree by January next year .. please I'm currently clueless on how to go about it ... and I need all the help I can get..
What CGPA did you graduate with?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by goalburner(m): 11:16pm On Apr 13, 2016
Please can someone help me here to explain the guidelines or post the link of the process of obtaining a study permit. Please ooooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by goalburner(m): 11:18pm On Apr 13, 2016
Zoloex:
@sshola
I also got admitted to university of British Columbia a couple of days ago.what's your question?

I got admitted to UBC also. I just sent u a mail, kindly reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kuntolaroy001: 11:26pm On Apr 13, 2016
Thanks mate, Again you have pushed informative post.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by absholola: 11:27pm On Apr 13, 2016
i have no gotten a reply from UBC yet o. @Sshola what course did you apply for ?and @Zoelex what course did you apply for?
goalburner:

I got admitted to UBC also. I just sent u a mail, kindly reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rumkiorta: 11:53pm On Apr 13, 2016
Read that again. Thanks mate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 14, 2016
Amefrica:

Oh yeah! You should be able to get a PGWP with that - last time I checked.
Interesting! smiley
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bayocanny: 12:05am On Apr 14, 2016
Amefrica:
Yo! What's up my people, how is everyone? It's been really long oo, chai, Part 10 already. Anyone coming to Charlottetown PEI, Moncton NB, or Halifax NS? Hit me up, I might be able to answer few of the questions you may have. I hail all my oga oo! cheesy
Hmmmm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 1:03am On Apr 14, 2016
emma4eva:
I applied for MEng in civil engineering, no news yet on admission, I got admission to ryerson University but I was asked to pay a tuition deposit, I am hoping Western wouldn't ask for that.
ceemac:

Western sure will not demand that... No even tuition payment till arrival... As a proof of study permit is a condition for courses registration and also payment...
Goodluck bro... It will make sense

Applied to Western University also (Meng Structural Engineering) and Ryerson University (Master of Building Science). Although i have an admission from Conestoga college to study PGC in Construction Management but i'm holding on TRV application. I want to know outcome about the two Universities before applying for TRV. I dont think deposit fee of Ryerson should be a problem since its only 1000cad (N155,000.00). Lets carry each others along guys. TRV IS SURE THIS YEAR.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ExeatGhana(m): 1:05am On Apr 14, 2016
hello House
please I got admission for January 2017.
I want to apply for Study permit but my question is isn't it too early to submit application for visa since am 8 Months away from start of school?
is it advisable to apply now??

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.