Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005989 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by AdexStudio(m): 2:22pm On Apr 14, 2016
Vfs office is in Lagos and Abuja
goalburner:

Thank you.

Also I read that all Nigerians must give their biometrics and the service is only available in Abuja. Is it really compulsory to travel that far?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lonzo(m): 2:25pm On Apr 14, 2016
bigyemi2000:
Live from Canadian high commission in Ghana

Keep us posted bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by AdexStudio(m): 2:31pm On Apr 14, 2016
Those going to Canada, do they have 2 heads? Funny you. So he should be relegated in 9ja because all their fees is above 10k CAD. I don hear you .
bigyemi2000:
You better stay in Nigeria..because all school are above 10000 Canadian dollar

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tolumuntari: 2:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
[Did he get mail for acceptance of offer first before he was sent another letter? Just asking because i got a mail that i was offered admission and was to respond if i accepted, which o did and also paid $100 departmental service fee but yet o get another mail. It is a week now.quote author=VEIL1234 post=44695420]Hello All,

Its been a while I posted on this thread and I can see its really booming. Thanks to all the seniors in the house and everyone too. Please I have a question. My husband has an admission from UofS. We are currently gathering docs to apply for his TRV. its a masters program for one year as confirmed by the school,but its written minimum two years on one of the forms that came with his admission letter. I am just wondering when he is successful with the TRV by Gods grace, can anyone say how long his study permit would be?
[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olah23(m): 2:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
Brandon uni and prince Edward Island are arnd 6k
bigyemi2000:
You better stay in Nigeria..because all school are above 10000 Canadian dollar

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by DanIndia(m): 2:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
I do know biometrics is compulsory for the application but not sure if they have other VFS centers where they have the option to do so.
goalburner:

Thank you.

Also I read that all Nigerians must give their biometrics and the service is only available in Abuja. Is it really compulsory to travel that far?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bawss1(m): 3:15pm On Apr 14, 2016
Somebody is busy warning people not to apply via online route because of his own experience. That's so wrong. Applications, whether via online or paper route, are treated on a case by case basis. There is nothing wrong with sending in your application via the online route. Delays may happen that is why people are advised to send in their applications early to accommodate any delays.

Warning people not to apply online is baseless just like the idea that a new set of CIC staff are processing applications. Baseless talk.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by VEIL1234: 3:36pm On Apr 14, 2016
tolumuntari:
[Did he get mail for acceptance of offer first before he was sent another letter? Just asking because i got a mail that i was offered admission and was to respond if i accepted, which o did and also paid $100 departmental service fee but yet o get another mail. It is a week now.quote author=VEIL1234 post=44695420]Hello All,

Its been a while I posted on this thread and I can see its really booming. Thanks to all the seniors in the house and everyone too. Please I have a question. My husband has an admission from UofS. We are currently gathering docs to apply for his TRV. its a masters program for one year as confirmed by the school,but its written minimum two years on one of the forms that came with his admission letter. I am just wondering when he is successful with the TRV by Gods grace, can anyone say how long his study permit would be?

Yes he did and he was asked to pay $500 acceptance fee, which he has done too. What course are you going for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bigyemi2000: 3:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
Its just an advice bro...To:Everyone in the house you can choose whatever you want ...#signingout
Bawss1:

Somebody is busy warning people not to apply via online route because of his own experience. That's so wrong. Applications, whether via online or paper route, are treated on a case by case basis. There is nothing wrong with sending in your application via the online route. Delays may happen that is why people are advised to send in their applications early to accommodate any delays.

Warning people not to apply online is baseless just like the idea that a new set of CIC staff are processing applications. Baseless talk.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by splendidbabs: 4:07pm On Apr 14, 2016
splendidbabs:
Hello house, please, Is there any who got admission from CENTENNIAL College recently ?
If yes please do they request for tuition deposit before seat is reserved and how much?
Thanks in anticipation.
Can someone please answer my question
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Daveboiz(m): 4:45pm On Apr 14, 2016
Awfa our chairman wey go Ghana.. Anything anything
Because if na to protest remain make all of us carry firewood go VO for ghana o.. No more chills

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by markco6: 4:46pm On Apr 14, 2016
splendidbabs:

Can someone please answer my question
Yes they request a deposit of $2300
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by goalburner(m): 4:49pm On Apr 14, 2016
DanIndia:
I'm sorry to hear this, loriaidah, and I'm glad you'll be tackling the reasons. However, I'd like for you to sit and go through each and every of your documents and see in what way you can convince the VO that you'll be returning.
1 - Travel history. They use this many times as a reason for denial but it truly isn't, is your passport a virgin passport ? They trust applicants that have traveled and returned more than those that haven't. This isn't a basis for any applicant to be turned down though.
2 - Are you married ? If not, do you have a rental agreement that you could attach to your application ? Did you declare all your siblings on the family form ? This won't contribute much but you never know and tbh, you've got nothing to lose by attaching anything you find useful enough for the VO to be convinced. And if you're married, please and please attach a copy of your marriage certificate plus pictures too. This is mandatory for verification.
3 - Do you have a long study gap ? If you do, could you elaborate on this as to why you decided to wait so-so long to the VO, in a letter of explanation? This could range from you decided to get married to having a child, or work for sometime for hands-on experience.. the list goes on.

Please what did u mean @bolded?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
bayocanny:

Hmmmm

Baba, how far na?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 14, 2016
NewSheriff:
Interesting! smiley
Thanks

Anytime boss!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by DanIndia(m): 5:19pm On Apr 14, 2016
A rental agreement between you and your landlord that states the duration of time you'll be occupying the rented apartment. It's a tie too. If you don't own a house of your own.
goalburner:

Please what did u mean @bolded?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tolumuntari: 5:28pm On Apr 14, 2016
My course is Educational psychology and special education. Did he get it via email? How long did it take for him to get the other mail or was it it just the first one?
VEIL1234:

Yes he did and he was asked to pay $500 acceptance fee, which he has done too. What course are you going for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tolumuntari: 5:30pm On Apr 14, 2016
Is the recommendation letter fro department for admission different from the admission letter?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by famous17: 5:55pm On Apr 14, 2016
Thanks
dddrexjr:

i did my medicals in Maitama, roughly 40k and Biometrics in the visa application center, 2nd floor Abuja shoprite.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by goalburner(m): 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
Bamz:

https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/72#19290079

Please be diligent in making findings yourself. We need to be answering very new questions on here. smiley

Can you please post the link for paper route guide for me?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by DanIndia(m): 6:09pm On Apr 14, 2016
Read the threads from Part 1 or 2. And do some surfing on vfs website
goalburner:

Can you please post the link for paper route guide for me?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bayocanny: 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
Amefrica:

Baba, how far na?
We dey push am, how your side? I no even see your break light
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by pampem: 6:57pm On Apr 14, 2016
DanIndia:
A rental agreement between you and your landlord that states the duration of time you'll be occupying the rented apartment. It's a tie too. If you don't own a house of your own.

Rental agreement? tie? this is not an investment nor property that yields income. that's not solid enough for a tie
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Horpsy5: 7:32pm On Apr 14, 2016
pls, is dr anybody currently in Laurentian University, I applied dr and I need to get information abt d school.... my cgpa is 3.58 applying for M.Eng Natural resources engineering.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
bayocanny:

We dey push am, how your side?
I no even see your break light

Ahaha nor be so brother. Ise l'o s'omo nu bi oko. Oke tibi ni o j'e k'a ri oke ti oun. Don't mind me, just making sure I haven't lost my Yoruba Language communication skills. I've just been super busy bro, not my fault I swear! grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by VEIL1234: 7:50pm On Apr 14, 2016
tolumuntari:
My course is Educational psychology and special education. Did he get it via email? How long did it take for him to get the other mail or was it it just the first one?

Yea he got all his correspondence via e-mail. First it was to notify him that his file had been approved for admission (2nd March 2016)
College Decision was sent in March 23rd 2016.
Official letter of admission was sent 24th March 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bayocanny: 7:54pm On Apr 14, 2016
Amefrica:

Ahaha nor be so brother. Ise l'o s'omo nu bi oko. Oke tibi ni o j'e k'a ri oke ti oun. Don't mind me, just making sure I haven't lost my Yoruba Language communication skills. I've just been super busy bro, not my fault I swear! grin grin grin
Lol your yoruba skils aint bad, you really try
Boss how far about the SOP I sent to u, did u get to look through it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 14, 2016
bayocanny:

Lol your yoruba skils aint bad, you really try
Boss how far about the SOP I sent to u, did u get to look through it?

Hehe thanks bro, I kinda stutter now when I open my mouth to speak it though, but still Yoruba tiwa n tiwa ni, abi? grin Honestly, when you sent that SOP I was busy as heck - I barely even check my personal email, just the school's email. I work part-time and I'm taking 5 courses. na die bro, not easy at all. But now that I'm "free" a little, perhaps I could be able to skim through it. Could you please resend it, and I promise to check it earliest. I'm so sorry again brudda! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ExeatGhana(m): 8:19pm On Apr 14, 2016
DanIndia:
January 2017 ? I think it's a bit early. The officers are only evaluating May intakes now and not for fall. Either ways, you can submit but I believe the processing won't start until about months after.

All the best.

Thanks Bro
Am looking at first week in June
8 weeks from that will be August which is not bad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bayocanny: 8:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
Amefrica:

Hehe thanks bro, I kinda stutter now when I open my mouth to speak it though, but still Yoruba tiwa n tiwa ni, abi? grin Honestly, when you sent that SOP I was busy as heck - I barely even check my personal email, just the school's email. I work part-time and I'm taking 5 courses. na die bro, not easy at all. But now that I'm "free" a little, perhaps I could be able to skim through it. Could you please resend it, and I promise to check it earliest. I'm so sorry again brudda! smiley
Lol yes na tiwa n tiwa gan gan, if I hear say u stutter ehn
Alright bro I understand how busy you are, am about to submitt my application latest this month
Oya check your mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by splendidbabs: 8:51pm On Apr 14, 2016
markco6:

Yes they request a deposit of $2300
@markco6 Thanks for the info
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
bayocanny:

Lol yes na tiwa n tiwa gan gan, if I hear say u stutter ehn
Alright bro I understand how busy you are, am about to submitt my application latest this month
Oya check your mail

Ahaha ko ni s'ewu! Next month is so near, fret not, all will be well as God is in control. I'm at work now, I would check it out when I get home. All the best to you homie! cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.