Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (290) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1006523 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rheginarh(f): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
[quote author=adeolams post=47754790]

Did u receive passport pick-up message (Email) from vfs? Or u went there without any msg. Thanks[/quote

Didn't get pickup mail, i just gave dem 5working days afta approval mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by humberdave2017: 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2016
I just got my Letter of Acceptance from Humber College to study a 2 years Certificate Diploma in Computer Networking Support Technician and I need help to clearify the following issues:
1) I am 39yrs old, married and I have 3 children
2) I am apply for a study permit with a Pre-OND result (1997), an OND in Banking and finance (1999), Graduate Member of Nigerian Institute of Management (2002) and an NECO/SSCE cert (2014),
3) I have work experience in the bank for 5yrs (2001-2005), publishing and printing (2006-2011), Insurance (2012-2014)
4) Presently, I am self-employed ( I registered my own Consulting firm in 2006)
5) My firm is on a verge of expansion and diversifying into ICT hence, that is the reason I am going for the study in Canada
6) My uncle and my major financier/investor is my Sponsor in view of our expansion/diversification plan upon completion of my study and return to Nigeria
7) My sponsor intents to provide his personal bank statement of N8million (but our surname differs)
I intend to make an Online Application on Aug 1 2016.
Please, kindly advise me, what are my chances to secure a Study Permit?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Adanzee: 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hi everyone

So my application has been approved... Haven't gotten a mail tho..
Timeline;
May 27th- online route upfront Medicals
July 15th- Medical updated to passed and passport request
July 21st- Application approved.

Tracked my visa and it's ready for collection
Document submitted;
CIC forms
Letter of acceptance
Police clearance,my birth certificate, WAEC cert., B.sc certificate

Proof of Funds:
Letter of sponsorship( my uncle is my sponsor however he did not sign the sponsorship letter... His wife signed)
Six months bank statement.
Letter of reference from the bank
First term tuition payment receipt.

I am working but I did not submit my SOA or any proof of work, no landed property document, no passport photograph of sponsor or my family and their pictures, no documents from my dad or he's SOA same goes for my mom.

I did not show any proof of relationship between myself and my my uncle and we don't have the same surname(basically just wrote he's my uncle) that's all and he dint even sign the letter of sponsorship.
Did not submit my uncles CAC documents or tax clearance or anything like That, not even his land property.

So yeah my documents were pretty simple, and God did it (my application will be 8weeks tomorrow)

Oh yeah my program has Co-op if you get an 80% average and you're able to get a placement so I requested for a co-op letter from the school for work permit and submitted that as well....

So am thankful to God.

My friend submitted same day as I did and she dropped her passport today.!

16 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Adanzee: 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
Tracked my passport***
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Maxwel83(m): 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hi ..please I applied for visiting visa since the month of May ,up till now I have not gotten any reply ,,I wrote series of Emails given to me by someone but no reply yet.even when I resend reminder still no reply ..can someone tell me what is going on and as well, another alternative email to write for notification to the consular. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2016
[quote author=humberdave2017 post=47758066]

You have been working for 12 years, you need to show your personal asset and/or your current financial situation.

If you are going alone good, but going with your husband and children, not good. (family ties).

I will advise your uncle pays that money into your personal account, then you justify. It is safer.

Your SOP has to be very strong to really justify your move to ICT, you may need to consult an expert to write for you. You may pm moniker thesoj.

No one can guarantee you your chances, but I believe with this points I raised, you can improve your odds.

I don't quote in full so as to save space on the thread and make it non-repetitive and boring.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Maxwel83(m): 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hi ..please I applied for visiting visa since the month of May ,up till now I have not gotten any reply ,,I wrote series of Emails given to me by someone but no reply yet.even when I resend reminder still no reply ..can someone tell me what is going on and as well, another alternative email to write for notification to the consular. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajayi4(m): 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hello, somebody should help me o, I am filling the form for Study permit outside Canada. I have some questions. 1, the cost of study abd Board, will this be for one year or two. Then do I add the amount of the fund the school has given me to the one my Uncle is giving me. eg 8, 000 CAN plus 10, 000 which Uncle is promising. Somebody help. Then the UCI in number one of the form, what do I fill there. Pls help urgent

Also what does designated learning institutions mean?

My resumption according to my letter is September 7, I intend deferring till January, what date do I provide in the duration of the programme. Should I fill Sept 7, 2016, start date to Sept, 2018, or Jan 2017 to Jan 2019. somebody pls help, I am filling the form.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajayi4(m): 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
....Hello, somebody should help me o, I am filling the form for Study permit outside Canada. I have some questions. 1, the cost of study abd Board, will this be for one year or two. Then do I add the amount of the fund the school has given me to the one my Uncle is giving me. eg 8, 000 CAN plus 10, 000 which Uncle is promising. Somebody help. Then the UCI in number one of the form, what do I fill there. Pls help urgent

My resumption according to my letter is September 7, I intend deferring till January, what date do I provide in the duration of the programme. Should I fill Sept 7, 2016, start date to Sept, 2018, or Jan 2017 to Jan 2019. somebody pls help, I am filling the form.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajayi4(m): 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hello, somebody should help me o, I am filling the form for Study permit outside Canada. I have some questions. 1, the cost of study abd Board, will this be for one year or two. Then do I add the amount of the fund the school has given me to the one my Uncle is giving me. eg 8, 000 CAN plus 10, 000 which Uncle is promising. Somebody help. Then the UCI in number one of the form, what do I fill there. Pls help urgent

My resumption according to my letter is September 7, I intend deferring till January, what date do I provide in the duration of the programme. Should I fill Sept 7, 2016, start date to Sept, 2018, or Jan 2017 to Jan 2019. somebody pls help, I am filling the form.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ajayi4:

My resumption according to my letter is September 7, I intend deferring till January, what date do I provide in the duration of the programme. Should I fill Sept 7, 2016, start date to Sept, 2018, or Jan 2017 to Jan 2019. somebody pls help, I am filling the form.........

Designated learning institutions are institutions authorised by Canada governments to award certificate or degrees. The designated learning institution number of the school is stated on the admission letter. Check it well. It starts with "O". If you can't find it on your admission letter, type the name of your school and designated learning institution on Google, it should pop out. Or visit CIC website for more info.

Your program start date is the one written on your admission letter. Don't formulate your own start dates. They will verify it from the school. They may however request for a new admission letter from you.

Please don't spam the thread undecided
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Yemialoyin(m): 5:25pm On Jul 21, 2016
Adanzee:
Hi everyone

@ Adanzee, Congratulations! God was indeed involved. Pls what program did u apply for and which school?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 5:29pm On Jul 21, 2016
Congratulations! I am next in line. Which school and course?

Rexwoods:
I have been a silent reader on this platform and I thank everyone that has shared their experiences on study permit application. Below is my application time line and documents.
Offer from Carleton university 22 April
Online application 3rd May
Biometrics 4th May
Upfront medical
Medical passed 14th July
Original passport request 14th July
Passport pick up 21st July
Documents submitted
All cic documents
University degree, NYSC etc
Various SOA - CAD55K
Detailed SOP
Work related documents- 9years work experience
Travel history- US, Canada, UK, Dubai, Turkey
I want to encourage everyone waiting for TRV that nothing is impossible with God. I applied with my husband and Son; I have visited Canada a couple of times with my son, and I currently hold a visiting visa that expires in 2019. Though My application looked perfect, i didn't remove God from it all because for me study permit is totally different from visiting, I prayed and fasted, I also held on to a word I got from this forum in this part Mark: 11, 23-25.
I didnt pay tution b4 applying, i bought my ticket right after i submitted my app ( I took a step of FAITH) and that has saved me thousands of Nairn. While I applied for a study permit my hubby and son applied for Visiting; but my hubby n son were delayed based on purpose of visit despite the fact that my son has visited Canada with me severally. Someone told me my hubby ought to have applied for Open Work permit, but we have requested for the Gcms note.
Here is to encourage everyone; "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith."
Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by BE811APP: 5:29pm On Jul 21, 2016
Congratulations..

Did u buy the tickets with ur husband and child or just you?

It scares me seeing delays in applications of family memebers..

It will be well in Jesus Name!!! Amen...

Rexwoods:
I have been a silent reader on this platform and I thank everyone that has shared their experiences on study permit application. Below is my application time line and documents.
Offer from Carleton university 22 April
Online application 3rd May
Biometrics 4th May
Upfront medical
Medical passed 14th July
Original passport request 14th July
Passport pick up 21st July
Documents submitted
All cic documents
University degree, NYSC etc
Various SOA - CAD55K
Detailed SOP
Work related documents- 9years work experience
Travel history- US, Canada, UK, Dubai, Turkey
I want to encourage everyone waiting for TRV that nothing is impossible with God. I applied with my husband and Son; I have visited Canada a couple of times with my son, and I currently hold a visiting visa that expires in 2019. Though My application looked perfect, i didn't remove God from it all because for me study permit is totally different from visiting, I prayed and fasted, I also held on to a word I got from this forum in this part Mark: 11, 23-25.
I didnt pay tution b4 applying, i bought my ticket right after i submitted my app ( I took a step of FAITH) and that has saved me thousands of Nairn. While I applied for a study permit my hubby and son applied for Visiting; but my hubby n son were delayed based on purpose of visit despite the fact that my son has visited Canada with me severally. Someone told me my hubby ought to have applied for Open Work permit, but we have requested for the Gcms note.
Here is to encourage everyone; "For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith."
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by humberdave2017: 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
[quote author=Sexyqueen2 post=47759018][/quote]

Thank you for your response. I really appreciate you.
My present financial position is less than N200,000. I have put all I have in my business.
You know how some of our family members reason in Nigeria;, but what if my uncle decides to provide only his bank statement and letter of sponsorship and Affidavit of Sponsorship without transferring the N8million to my personal account, because, there is possibility that he will refuse because of his wife's involvement. What options do I have? Please, I need your guide, talk to me! Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ziggarrr: 5:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ziggarrr:
I was in port Harcourt and a police lady told me that police character certificate is 100k, me pick race. I'm going to anambra, I don't know if I can get it in their state CID or must I go to Lagos

Someone dropped a contact sometime ago of a policeman but I can't find it.

Please I need help o, if you have done yours help a brother with a contact.

pleasseeeee oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ayoadeoyatokun: 6:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
@ Ziggarrr; Police Clearance is done in lagos for less than 7k. You can get it @ Ikoyi, all you need is your passport data page, passport photo and your cash. sikena.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by princeade09: 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
humberdave2017:

Thank you for your response. I really appreciate you.
My present financial position is less than N200,000. I have put all I have in my business.
You know how some of our family members reason in Nigeria;, but what if my uncle decides to provide only his bank statement and letter of sponsorship and Affidavit of Sponsorship without transferring the N8million to my personal account, because, there is possibility that he will refuse because of his wife's involvement. What options do I have? Please, I need your guide, talk to me! Thanks

From what you wrote, it was just like you were the second me. You can submit his bank statement, letter of sponsorship and affidavit of sponsorship, trust me, we are in the same shoe, but my advice for u here is to let him give you his bank statement, his I'd card copy, if he is your real uncle and u think his surname and yours tally, if he can give u his birth cert, fine if he can't too, nothing is damaged, in fact many people on this thread tend to act holy meanwhile everything na packaging, it is better we discuss in private so that I can share a piece of advice though I am trv hopeful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by humberdave2017: 6:26pm On Jul 21, 2016
[quote author=princeade09 post=47761320]

From what you wrote, it was just like you were the second me. You can submit his bank statement, letter of sponsorship and affidavit of sponsorship, trust me, we are in the same shoe....

Princeade09...the truth is that we do not share the same surname. I am so confused at this point! Na wa ooo! Shei poor person no fit apply to study abroad again even if....
Abeg tell me Wetin we fit do oooo...
gemicesun.shine@gmail.com
My cousin who is a british citizen, who works with a multi-national company in the United Kingdom told me that he will send his pay slip (without a SOA) and a letter of co-sponsorship to support my education/application. He earns more than N200,000 in british pounds sterling's every week. What effect will my cousin's support/documentation have in my application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by princeade09: 6:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
[quote author=humberdave2017 post=47761784][/quote]
Check your mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Rexwoods: 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
BE811APP:
Congratulations..

Did u buy the tickets with ur husband and child or just you?

It scares me seeing delays in applications of family memebers..

It will be well in Jesus Name!!! Amen...

The plan as stated in our SOP was that my hubby and kids will come visiting in December, so we didn't buy their tickets but I bought mine right after I submitted.

Thnx

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Maxwel83(m): 6:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hi ..please I applied for visiting visa since the month of May ,up till now I have not gotten any reply ,,I wrote series of Emails given to me by someone but no reply yet.even when I resend reminder still no reply ..can someone tell me what is going on and as well, another alternative email to write for notification to the consular. Thank
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ayeyemi91: 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2016
Adanzee:
Tracked my passport***

Hi, I sent you an email yesterday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mamalarry(f): 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2016
Traveling to canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by humbleosazee: 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
Pls house, has anyone who applied for PGD or PGC received any reply from CIC? Urgent response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by humberdave2017: 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2016
princeade09:

Check your mail

Replied your mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 8:29pm On Jul 21, 2016
Sending you a PM... I shouldn't derail the thread.
PS: I'm a bro.
tbaib:
Thanks my sis. I kuku relocated well first time out if province...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 8:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
princeade09:
From what you wrote, it was just like you were the second me. You can submit his bank statement, letter of sponsorship and affidavit of sponsorship, trust me, we are in the same shoe, but my advice for u here is to let him give you his bank statement, his I'd card copy, if he is your real uncle and u think his surname and yours tally, if he can give u his birth cert, fine if he can't too, nothing is damaged, in fact many people on this thread tend to act holy meanwhile everything na packaging, it is better we discuss in private so that I can share a piece of advice though I am trv hopeful.
This is such fantastic advice. @humberdave2017 , you need to package your app tightly. @princeade09 I agree that posts with phrases like "God did it, I didn't even put in XYZ documents yet I still got my TRV!" are counterproductive & misleading and don't help future readers of the thread; such posts encourage people to think that prayer can supplement a mediocre application.

Even if prayer works, what if the VO is also praying to not give visas to applicants with incompletely packaged applications? Anyways, people should keep in mind that religion or belief in god/gods is not the prerequisite for getting a visa; we Nigerians need to start using our brains and stop using one god or another as a crutch (even if you believe in whatever deity or spirit). "God did it!" did not build Canada, these people are using their brains to improve their country. Let's use our brains too.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 9:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
Arcayo:
[b]
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL 2016)
1. Crazygurl: April 5th.Conestoga PGD. Medical passed April 18th.
2. Opeyeminas: April 7 Conestoga, pgd, paper route, Upfront medicals. Medical Passed
3. Snoop4dem; April 11th, Uni of Victoria, masters, paper route,Medical Passed Approved June 24th Congrats
4. CassetteBoy: April 11th. UofT. Masters. Online route. Medical Request
5. Grandcommander April 13, Conestoga College, PGC, Paper route, Upfront Medicals.Medical Passed
6. wayaa007: April 19, Georgian college, PGC, paper route
7. Deda3103: April 26th MSc, Uni of Saskatchewan, online route. Medical Request
8. Ajibade001 April 27 M.Sc. Online
University of Saskatchewan.
9. qwertyasdf May 03, University of
Saskatchewan, PhD, Paper route, upfront medicals. Medical passed Approved 20th July Congrats

10. Rhegina May 4 U of M, masters paper route upfront medicals,Medical Passed,APPROVED July 13th CONGRATS
11. Aguns2k may 7 paper route, Conestoga college
12. abestine: May 12, MSc, Umanitoba, paper route, upfront medicals, Medical passed
13. greatlifeis89:May 24, Seneca, PGC, Paper route. Upfront Medicals, Medical Passed
14. Ayoadeoyatokun: May 25, Seneca, PGC,Paper route
15. tangled: May 26 Umanitoba MBA, Online route, Upfront medicals Approved 21st July Congrats
16. aliACCA :May 26 U of M, masters paper route upfront medicals
17. Datkoded, Seneca College, advance dip May 26, paper route
18. Matthew2120: June 1st, Masters, Paper route, Centennial college ,
19. moe0164 . Saskatchewan poly June 1st.. Paper route, awaiting medicals
20. emma4eva: June 3 MEng, Online. Ryerson University
21. Ikcbn: June 10th Niagara college, paper route. Medical (Passed)
22. abmendozer: June 13, Masters, Paper route, Geogian College
23. Ymc007: June 14, masters, paper route, Dalhousie University
24. Giov: June 16th Brandon University, Masters Paper Route. Upfront Medicals Medical Passed
25. Arcayo: June 19th PGC, Conestoga online route, upfront medicals
26. Olubee22: June 24th, St Mary Uni, UG, online
27. Faroukfahima: June 28th, Adv Dip, Conestoga College,Paper Route
28. Sexyqueen2: June 30th, M.Sc. Process Systems Engineering, University of Regina, Online route,
29. Princeade09: July 13th, UG, UPEI, paper route,
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
thesoj:

This is such fantastic advice. @humberdave2017 , you need to package your app tightly. @princeade09 I agree that posts with phrases like "God did it, I didn't even put in XYZ documents yet I still got my TRV!" are counterproductive & misleading and don't help future readers of the thread; such posts encourage people to think that prayer can supplement a mediocre application.
Even if prayer works, what if the VO is also praying to not give visas to applicants with incompletely packaged applications? Anyways, people should keep in mind that religion or belief in god/gods is not the prerequisite for getting a visa; we Nigerians need to start using our brains and stop using one god or another as a crutch (even if you believe in whatever deity or spirit). "God did it!" did not build Canada, these people are using their brains to improve their country. Let's use our brains too.
i love you both and the comments..na people like una i dey like run things with..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.