Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1012917 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 8:47am On Jul 22, 2016
BE811APP:
I am intrested in dis Answer too..
Any help people?

you can actually study with sowp but it has to be a program that is less than 6 months.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ethan45(m): 8:56am On Jul 22, 2016
[quote author=dsquare4u post=47774248][/quote]

Na lie oh, no go there oh, its another added lie to ur application, remember the last page of the online app when u signed dt u re the one that submitted ur app urself nobody helped u in filling d form nd then u are asked to put ur name, passport number, and dt numerical or alphabetical barcode CIC generates.
Remember u typed yes cos i guess u wont type no. If u now say that sombodi filled ur app for u nd CIC checks dt dont u think na grammy award of lies u dey nominate ur self under dis added one oh. Just write that letter of clarification thesoj requested u write nd be truthful so u wont make ur app more complicated, remember they will be watching ur app in 3D now if u submit anoda one cos they do dont trust u. Be wise dear.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 9:24am On Jul 22, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 9:29am On Jul 22, 2016
MunezSanti:
Thanks @Thesoj you are a great man. The information you put in this thread is very valuable. God bless you. I am really surprised that my application was processed in Paris, France.
You didn't submit an "Authorisation of Representative Form" earlier to show that you actually used a representative to apply for your study permit. Saying that the agent you used made the mistake will only discredit your application further. thesoj has said it all. Just write a separate letter explaining why you made such mistake.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by BE811APP: 9:47am On Jul 22, 2016
Thanks so Much..

metrecube:

you can actually study with sowp but it has to be a program that is less than 6 months.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mrturiz555: 10:08am On Jul 22, 2016
leemond:
Hmmm like play like play my application is clocking 14weeks today. Thank God have a job to keep me busy,paper route upfront medical applied April 15...testimony loading....
nawa oo bro we are in d same predicament applied April 15th too medical passed since den nothing from cic watin dey happen sef?14 weeks today ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Maxwel83(m): 10:13am On Jul 22, 2016
Hi ..please I applied for visiting visa since the month of May ,up till now I have not gotten any reply ,,I wrote series of Emails given to me by someone but no reply yet.even when I resend reminder still no reply ..can someone tell me what is going on and as well, another alternative email to write for notification to the consular. Thanks. Please somebody should advice me on this ...I have been writing for long no response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 22, 2016
[quote author=Ethan45 post=47776097]

Yes you are right..didnt even think of that. If he can still submit previous visa application forms to prove his point. I think he can add with the letter of clarification.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adebayoolatunji(m): 10:19am On Jul 22, 2016
Mrturiz555:
nawa oo bro we are in d same predicament applied April 15th too medical passed since den nothing from cic watin dey happen sef?14 weeks today ooo
what program did u apply for. Masters of pgd/pgc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by BE811APP: 11:31am On Jul 22, 2016
I have been seeing ur request on almost every page..
maybe no one knows what to say..

I just want to ask.. did u get acknowledgment mails after u submitted?
have u been called for Medicals??
What day did you submit in May??

What is the processing times for Visiting visas?
Did u write those mails within ur processing time? Maybe that is why dey didnt reply you..

Maybe if u answer dis questions.. some people could help you out..

Maxwel83:
Hi ..please I applied for visiting visa since the month of May ,up till now I have not gotten any reply ,,I wrote series of Emails given to me by someone but no reply yet.even when I resend reminder still no reply ..can someone tell me what is going on and as well, another alternative email to write for notification to the consular. Thanks. Please somebody should advice me on this ...I have been writing for long no response
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by martineverest(m): 11:57am On Jul 22, 2016
AD012es:
Hi,

Please who is going to University of Toronto this fall 2016? I applied May for Master of Information and they have not gotten back to me. My application is under review and I am anxious. When will they get back to me hopefully?
i m going dat route but january period
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dmines22: 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2016
leemond:
Hmmm like play like play my application is clocking 14weeks today. Thank God have a job to keep me busy,paper route upfront medical applied April 15...testimony loading....

Hmmmmmm.. ... Masters or PGD ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 22, 2016
please i need a well composed sop as a sample to draft mine.pls any body with a gud one shld help tnx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uchethalia101: 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2016
I don't understand what this SOP is actually for. If it is just a letter explaining why you chose your desired course and why you chose to undergo the course in Canada, put these as answers to the questions in the study permit questionnaire. At least that's what I did. I filled every part of the study permit questionnaire and it covers these issues. LOE on the otherhand, in my opinion, should be written when you have a complicated or peculiar application.

#my 2 cents

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by penitential(m): 12:35pm On Jul 22, 2016
I will like to tell you that the fact that u did not submit a S.O.P and you got your TRV does not mean that any other person should not submit. There is someone on this thread who got denied on the fact that he didn't added the statement of purpose and was later denied on "purpose of visit" so please don't discourage people from writing their S.O.P. there are so many things that your S.O.P can contain(not only the reason for choosing the proposed course of study). No offense meant please and please am not out here to attack anyone. Just my own opinion.
uchethalia101:
I don't understand what this SOP is actually for. If it is just a letter explaining why you chose your desired course and why you chose to undergo the course in Canada, put these as answers to the questions in the study permit questionnaire. At least that's what I did. I filled every part of the study permit questionnaire and it covers these issues. LOE on the otherhand, in my opinion, should be written when you have a complicated or peculiar application.

#my 2 cents

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Chebe01: 12:53pm On Jul 22, 2016
penitential:
I will like to tell you that the fact that u did not submit a S.O.P and you got your TRV does not mean that any other person should not submit. There is someone on this thread who got denied on the fact that he didn't added the statement of purpose and was later denied on "purpose of visit" so please don't discourage people from writing their S.O.P. there are so many things that your S.O.P can contain(not only the reason for choosing the proposed course of study). No offense meant please and please am not out here to attack anyone. Just my own opinion.

On the contrary @penitential, @uchethalial101 is very correct in my opinion. An LOE should be used to explain any complications or discrepancies in someone's application. An SOP on the other hand should explain your "statement of purpose" and here you can tell your story if need be. From my understanding, @uchethalial101 is not discouraging anyone from using either or both forms of letter but is contributing an observation so that people would not muddle the two up. If there are fields within the application form which give one an opportunity to state his purpose of application, why then should one write another SOP?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by snoop4dem: 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2016
Hello Guys, Please is there anyone presently in Victoria or Nanaimo British Columbia. Please send me a message I need some information
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kelechi3636: 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2016
i will be going to that side do u need accommodation, applied since may 24th no reply O!!!

snoop4dem:
Hello Guys, Please is there anyone presently in Victoria or Nanaimo British Columbia. Please send me a message I need some information
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2016
please what time does vfs close?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by penitential(m): 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2016
@[/b][/color]chebe, thanks for the observation but am not saying [b][color=#006600]uchethalia101 is wrong about her statement, I only said she should not make it look as if S.O.P is outrightly not needed. Becos a S.O.P. it only gives room for further explanations and and expression of interest in course of study, and the likes. And at times, u tend to convince the V.O the more about your intention of studying in Canada with a 'very well drafted S.O.P' thanks.
Chebe01:

On the contrary @penitential, @uchethalial101 is very correct in my opinion. An LOE should be used to explain any complications or discrepancies in someone's application. An SOP on the other hand should explain your "statement of purpose" and here you can tell your story if need be. From my understanding, @uchethalial101 is not discouraging anyone from using either or both forms of letter but is contributing an observation so that people would not muddle the two up. If there are fields within the application form which give one an opportunity to state his purpose of application, why then should one write another SOP?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by snoop4dem: 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2016
I need pick-up for Victoria and accommodation for my sister going to Nanaimo
Kelechi3636:
i will be going to that side do u need accommodation, applied since may 24th no reply O!!!

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by BE811APP: 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2016
15:00 or 3pm

CassetteBoy:
please what time does vfs close?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mrturiz555: 2:03pm On Jul 22, 2016
adebayoolatunji:
what program did u apply for. Masters of pgd/pgc
pgd bro paper route den later linked online
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uchethalia101: 2:08pm On Jul 22, 2016
penitential:

Hi. I'm entitled to my opinions and so are you. However, SOP isn't listed as one of the compulsory documents to submit. People have been denied TRVs even after submitting SOPs. If one can prove that his/her purpose of visit is to simply study and not migrate permanently to Canada with the study permit questionnaire, then there is no need for an SOP. The fact that something isn't needed doesn't mean you can't submit it but why repeat yourself. It could be seen as a desperate move. Alot of people fail exams because they provide too many jargons with or without the right answers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2016
Hi all..let there be calmness..lemme chip in something. According to www.cic.gc.ca it stated even if you do not need a study permit,you can still apply and write a letter addressing it to the VO why you want to study in canada which it called LOE. Moreover NAIJA checklist has the questionnaire which answers the key points,moreso GHANA checklist has Study Plan as a requirement in their checklist which outlines the key points of where your "study plan" should be revolving..if you are in doubt download Ghana study permit checklist and see study plan as their requirement. So LOE/SOP can be used to clarify some information which a VO might find difficulty in understanding since they don't conduct interview but if you feel ur application is str8 forward you can still do without it. Some people write SOPs and still VO doesn't see consistency on their purpose of visit(intended program), VOs often atimes state on GCMS note that an "applicant has not provided compelling reason for study in Canada or reason for study in canada remains unclear".Does this don't sound to you that SOP is needed even though it wasnt a requirement in our Naija checklist? some are lucky while some are not. TRY TO PLAY SAFE THAN HAD I KNOWN

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by LodJayYou: 3:07pm On Jul 22, 2016
GoodDay Everybody, pls am about to apply online for a Canadian study visa and was wondering if after having a letter from my sponsor and account statement do I still need to attach my own statement? Must my sponsor swear an affidavit? Am married with Two kids and am going alone.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uchethalia101: 3:32pm On Jul 22, 2016
michV:
Hi all..let there be calmness..lemme chip in something. According to www.cic.gc.ca it stated even if you do not need a study permit,you can still apply and write a letter addressing it to the VO why you want to study in canada which it called LOE. Moreover NAIJA checklist has the questionnaire which answers the key points,moreso GHANA checklist has Study Plan as a requirement in their checklist which outlines the key points of where your "study plan" should be revolving..if you are in doubt download Ghana study permit checklist and see study plan as their requirement. So LOE/SOP can be used to clarify some information which a VO might find difficulty in understanding since they don't conduct interview but if you feel ur application is str8 forward you can still do without it. Some people write SOPs and still VO doesn't see consistency on their purpose of visit(intended program), VOs often atimes state on GCMS note that an "applicant has not provided compelling reason for study in Canada or reason for study in canada remains unclear".Does this don't sound to you that SOP is needed even though it wasnt a requirement in our Naija checklist? some are lucky while some are not. TRY TO PLAY SAFE THAN HAD I KNOWN

We are in Nigeria and not Ghana. We have our own checklist. You dont need to complicate issues. I didn't say peeps can't submit SOP. You can if the questionnaire doesn't give you room to explain your purpose of visit but if it does, why waste time on a separate letter. It's simple!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by edgestone: 3:50pm On Jul 22, 2016
I have been a silent reader on this platform and used the immense knowledge on this forum to apply for study permit .
Below is my application documents
Online application March 29th
Biometrics 4th April
After a long and prayerful wait. My hubby sent a CSE on my behalf July 4th
Medical Mail 11th July
Medical Passed 14th July
Passport Request 15th July

Documents submitted

CIC Forms

Educational
Degree Cert, NYSC, WAEC, NYSC, Letter of Acceptance University of Regina (Human Resources Management) Work as an Auditor and have a social science degree

Financial
Sponsors: Hubby and Mother
Husband's SOA - Bal 5M and 2000 USD (Inflow 10M)
Husband's Payslips and Work I.D Card
Letter of Introduction from my Husband's company
Business Registration Documents (Hubby and I)
Affidavit of Sponsorship from Hubby
Land Docs (Hubby and I)

Mothers's Business Registration Docs
SOA of Mum - Bal 1.5M, 6,000GBP and 15,000 USD
Affidavit of Sponsorship from Mum Pledging 5k GBP and 15,000 USD

Detailed SOP

Work related documents- Payslips, Letter of Employment. (Didnt get any Study Leave Letter from the Office)
Personal Bank Account: Bal 2M (no significant Inflow)
Police Cert
Marriage Cert
Birth Cert
Daughter's Birth Cert
Change of Name Newspaper Publication

Travel history
UK, US, Dubai

I did not pay any tuition before applying

Note:
Received help with the application and docs gathering. Trust me the whole process is an emotional roller coaster. My advice is that trust God all through. Lose no hope at all. It will end in praise. To all the TRV hopefuls it will surely end in praise. Reading from part 1 was no waste.

17 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kelechi3636: 3:51pm On Jul 22, 2016
the college should be able to provide that, or she can install UBER on her phone, safe way to travel this days.

Please did she apply for a Bachelors, PGD or a masters? i applied since the 24th of may CIC has not even called me for medicals yet, very frustrating. just wondering if they don't want people coming for PGD again? Then they should tell heir universities to start taking 2:2 so we can all apply for masters.

snoop4dem:
I need pick-up for Victoria and accommodation for my sister going to Nanaimo

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 5:00pm On Jul 22, 2016
[quote author=edgestone post=47788062] Big congrats to you .Please how old is your daughter and did she undergo any medical test.....and did you explain how she was to be tkn care of while studying ?My app is 10 weeks now ..apllied with my daughter too and my husband is my sponsor....And did you explain why u going for Human Resources in an SOP...Please will love ur reply .Thanks .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 22, 2016
[quote author=uchethalia101 post=47787534]
Bro/Sis please i was never complicating issues. I was exemplifying instances and the need for one,which i also stated if one feels his/her application is straight forward, you can go head without it.Also if the 2pages study permit questionnaire only was enough to state ones purpose, why then do VOs state an applicant has not provided compelling reasons for study in canada or reasons for study in canada remains unclear? That means a detailed paragraphed convincing flowing statement should be written! to address your purpose of intended visit to canada which only the questionnaire cannot serve that purpose.one funny grin thing about this thread is a day will just come and 1 debate will start trending grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (403)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.