Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1013161 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MunezSanti: 9:15pm On Jul 21, 2016
I just received my gcms notes. Please I need every good advice I can get from this forum on how to tackle this. PLEASE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by humberdave2017: 9:29pm On Jul 21, 2016
michV:
i love you both and the comments..na people like una i dey like run things with..

Princeade09...you guys are creative...in thought. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adebayoolatunji(m): 9:39pm On Jul 21, 2016
MunezSanti:
I just received my gcms notes. Please I need every good advice I can get from this forum on how to tackle this. PLEASE
is that all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Chinuaj: 9:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
Please house when I submitted my application my original passport was not given back to me.. Please is this in order?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MunezSanti: 10:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
Yes Oo it is....
adebayoolatunji:
is that all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
Chinuaj:
Please house when I submitted my application my original passport was not given back to me.. Please is this in order?
It's in order

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by princeade09: 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
michV:
i love you both and the comments..na people like una i dey like run things with..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by princeade09: 10:20pm On Jul 21, 2016
michV:

My bro make you no mind some people jare, everybody know Jesus but he never dey decend come give meat to person.

Good packaging is the first step we must do, as someone said here, even if you are saying the truth in your app, you must be careful with it, to avoid it penalizing you despite it is the truth. God does wonders but we also need to act well our part

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 10:21pm On Jul 21, 2016
Apply again wit d same documents but this time u have to be honest and truthful with ur application. Dishonesty cost u ur visa bro, u for don dey Maple land by now. Good luck on ur next app
MunezSanti:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sheriff712(m): 10:22pm On Jul 21, 2016
t405:
@sheriff712

I am very concerned o.cos I submitted my application just about a week ago.n yes I did upfront medical.u or anyone u know has gotten this mail before? Have tried checking on other pages here n can't see a post of anyone receiving a similar msg.my application states open on linked account on CIC website.I did paper route.

Would like anyone whose experienced this to comment too please.

Did you apply with an upfront medical?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sheriff712(m): 10:23pm On Jul 21, 2016
t405:
@sheriff712

I am very concerned o.cos I submitted my application just about a week ago.n yes I did upfront medical.u or anyone u know has gotten this mail before? Have tried checking on other pages here n can't see a post of anyone receiving a similar msg.my application states open on linked account on CIC website.I did paper route.

Would like anyone whose experienced this to comment too please.

Did you apply with an upfront medical? If truly you CIC website is showing open, be rest assured that all is well . Don't be afraid . Probably your application will be the fastest here .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by princeade09: 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2016
MunezSanti:

Apply with the same documents and this time add a well notarized affidavit of sponsorship, if sponsor is not your dad or mum, let him declare on the affidavit how much exactly he will be sponsoring you very year. But make sure you disclose the USA visa failure and now u can start praying.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MunezSanti: 10:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
My sponsor is my dad. I included a detailed notarised letter of sponsorship in my previous application. The funny part is my application was processed in the Canadian embassy in Paris, France.
princeade09:

Apply with the same documents and this time add a well notarized affidavit of sponsorship, if sponsor is not your dad or mum, let him declare on the affidavit how much exactly he will be sponsoring you very year. But make sure you disclose the USA visa failure and now u can start praying.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MunezSanti: 10:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
Thank you bro for the advice I really appreciate it.
ziggy3579:
Apply again wit d same documents but this time u have to be honest and truthful with ur application. Dishonesty cost u ur visa bro, u for don dey Maple land by now. Good luck on ur next app
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sheriff712(m): 10:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
Adanzee:
Hi everyone

So my application has been approved... Haven't gotten a mail tho..
Timeline;
May 27th- online route upfront Medicals
July 15th- Medical updated to passed and passport request
July 21st- Application approved.

Tracked my visa and it's ready for collection
Document submitted;
CIC forms
Letter of acceptance
Police clearance,my birth certificate, WAEC cert., B.sc certificate

Proof of Funds:
Letter of sponsorship( my uncle is my sponsor however he did not sign the sponsorship letter... His wife signed)
Six months bank statement.
Letter of reference from the bank
First term tuition payment receipt.

I am working but I did not submit my SOA or any proof of work, no landed property document, no passport photograph of sponsor or my family and their pictures, no documents from my dad or he's SOA same goes for my mom.

I did not show any proof of relationship between myself and my my uncle and we don't have the same surname(basically just wrote he's my uncle) that's all and he dint even sign the letter of sponsorship.
Did not submit my uncles CAC documents or tax clearance or anything like That, not even his land property.

So yeah my documents were pretty simple, and God did it (my application will be 8weeks tomorrow)

Oh yeah my program has Co-op if you get an 80% average and you're able to get a placement so I requested for a co-op letter from the school for work permit and submitted that as well....

So am thankful to God.

My friend submitted same day as I did and she dropped her passport today.!

Congrats. Pls What course did you apply for? Masters/ Ph. D. or PGD/PGC?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 10:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hmm... I don't mean to make you feel worse BUT how did you possibly mistakenly "forget" to answer the question truthfully? You will need to give credible reasons for why you mistakenly didn't answer truthfully. To be bluntly honest with you, if I were the VO there is no way I could be convinced that you mistakenly answered "No" when the question is as clear as day. It is even more difficult to believe that it was a mistake (even if it was truly a mistake) because a "No" answer benefits your application.

With this in mind, if you choose to apply again you WILL need to have extremely convincing reasons to prove beyond every reasonable doubt that you didn't plan to deceive the VO. Several people on the thread in the past have argued endlessly that the US doesn't share info with Canada, but this is obviously untrue (both countries have announced this publicly!). But even if both countries didn't announce publicly they don't share info with each other, we should still get used to telling the truth.

This post is not meant to judge you (I'm not infallible myself), but to help you realize that the bar for your next application is VERY high. So you need to make sure that in your Letter of Clarification (I recommend you write one, separate from your SOP), you make a very CREDIBLE case for why you made this/these mistakes. Your situation is not insurmountable, but you yourself will need to figure out a way to explain your mistake. I don't think anyone else knows why you made that mistake, only you do. So go ahead and explain to the VO what happened, s/he may understand if your explanation is TRULY credible -- they are human too.
MunezSanti:

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
@MunezSanti: FYI, the Canadian VOs know about this Nairaland thread, even though they don't post on here (I wish they come on here to answer our questions tho, like the US VOs do). And from your GCMS it is obvious who you are. So make sure your explanation is truly yours and not conjured up from what people on here tell you to say.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2016
my sponsors closing fund has a negative sign.but the account is very active with up to 190 to 220 million,inflow and outflow.the closing fund is actually -5,000,000 .Is anything wrong with it(autually the chattered accountant said it's a plus that its not everybody that a big bank like first bank lends money to)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MunezSanti: 11:01pm On Jul 21, 2016
Thanks @Thesoj you are a great man. The information you put in this thread is very valuable. God bless you. I am really surprised that my application was processed in Paris, France.
thesoj:
Hmm... I don't mean to make you feel worse BUT how did you possibly mistakenly "forget" to answer the question truthfully? You will need to give credible reasons for why you mistakenly didn't answer truthfully. To be bluntly honest with you, if I were the VO there is no way I could be convinced that you mistakenly answered "No" when the question is as clear as day. It is even more difficult to believe that it was a mistake (even if it was truly a mistake) because a "No" answer benefits your application.

With this in mind, if you choose to apply again you WILL need to have extremely convincing reasons to prove beyond every reasonable doubt that you didn't plan to deceive the VO. Several people on the thread in the past have argued endlessly that the US doesn't share info with Canada, but this is obviously untrue (both countries have announced this publicly!). But even if both countries didn't announce publicly they don't share info with each other, we should still get used to telling the truth.

This post is not meant to judge you (I'm not infallible myself), but to help you realize that the bar for your next application is VERY high. So you need to make sure that in your Letter of Clarification (I recommend you write one, separate from your SOP), you make a very CREDIBLE case for why you made this/these mistakes. Your situation is not insurmountable, but you yourself will need to figure out a way to explain your mistake. I don't think anyone else knows why you made that mistake, only you do. So go ahead and explain to the VO what happened, s/he may understand if your explanation is TRULY credible -- they are human too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Urbanboy(m): 11:18pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hello house, anybody with useful info where i can get CAD in Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Joe980: 12:47am On Jul 22, 2016
MunezSanti:
Thanks @Thesoj you are a great man. The information you put in this thread is very valuable. God bless you. I am really surprised that my application was processed in Paris, France.
That shouldn't be a surprise... online application are routed to any available office.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by canman: 1:34am On Jul 22, 2016
I just felt this might be helpful.
When you are applying for a visa, you are required to write a “Study Plan” outlining why you wish to come to Canada to study. Below are the questions you will want to answer when you are writing out your study plan. You will want to submit a one-page study plan which answers the following questions and includes any other information relevant to the processing of your application.

1. Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?

To answer this question you will want to describe the reasons why you want to study in Canada.

Explain why you are choosing to study in Canada. What make Canada so special to you? List some of the reasons you are attracted to study abroad in Canada. You may want to talk about how Canada has well know education system whoes qualifications are valued around the globe.

Canada is known for its multicultural society. You can say how you are excited to experience this new country it's culture.

2. What is your overall educational goal?

You chose to study abroad to continue your education! Explain what your educational goal is. Whether it is to continue your education directly after high school or if it’s because you want to expand your knowledge with a master or postgraduate degree. Talk about a field of study that you are interested in and why you are choosing that field. State how continuing your education will further your career in your home country. You may want to think about doing some research on the type of job you want and what the requirements are for this field. Then you will know if your plans to continue your education meet up with you career goals. Explain why studying abroad in Canada will help you successfully reach your educational goals.

3. Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence or of citizenship?

Canada’s education systems are well known and valued all over the world. Write about how you want to come to Canada to improve your education and continue learning by studying abroad. Maybe schools in your country do not offer the same courses/ programs, and you found the perfect program in Canada. Maybe there are not any college or universities in your country that offer the programs you are interested in. Talk about the research you have done to see whether or not this specific program you are interested in is provided in your country or not.

4. What research have you done into studies in your country of residence or of citizenship?

Talk about the different schools and programs that are available to you in your country. Your country may have some of the same programs available in Canada. So you will want to explain why you are choosing Canada over staying in your home country to study. Canada may have different programs available then your home country. You may want to discuss the differences between the education in your home country compared to the education you could get in Canada.

5. How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence or of citizenship?

Discuss what job positions you have researched in your country. You may have found a job in your country that you are really interested in, but you do not have the required education to be able to work that specific job. So you can discuss how continuing your education in Canada will prepare you for this job position in your home country. If you know of a job in your country but you are unqualified, state how after you get an education in Canada that you will be able to apply to this job, when you return to your home country.

6. What ties do you have to your country of residence or of citizenship? What does make you …..

For this question explain whether or not you have family in your country. You will state if you have children, a family, and if you are married to someone in your country of residence.

7. Provide details of your education history – dates when the course started and ended, the name and address of the school.

Here you will write all the different schools you have attended up until this point in time. You need to state the start and end dates of your education. Provide the full name and address of each school you have attended. Also state the programs you have completed if you have already completed a college/ university course.

You will want to explain your work history as well. State any jobs that you have had, and how these may possibly help you with your studies.

You will want to end your letter by summarizing your educational goals and reasons why you want to study in Canada. Also make sure that you thank the person that you are writing to.We hope this posts makes it a bit easier when you start to write your study plan letter.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MunezSanti: 2:52am On Jul 22, 2016
@Thesoj please is it possible I send you my letter of clarification you review it for me? I am done writing it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by holytribe(m): 3:40am On Jul 22, 2016
MunezSanti:

Please show me the way on how you requested your gcms. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 3:42am On Jul 22, 2016
Show me too i need this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MunezSanti: 3:53am On Jul 22, 2016
Well I requested my notes successfully from outside of Canada and the fee I paid was $5 only. U need the following in other to request your notes:
credit/visa card
a signed consent form
an address of someone you know in Canada
a copy of someone's study or work permit (but this is optional)
Internet access.
When in the online application, answer the questions as if you are in Canada. That's how I applied for my gcms notes and it was submitted successfully. Good luck
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do
holytribe:

Please show me the way on how you requested your gcms. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by holytribe(m): 4:19am On Jul 22, 2016
MunezSanti:
Well I requested my notes successfully from outside of Canada and the fee I paid was $5 only. U need the following in other to request your notes:
credit/visa card
a signed consent form
an address of someone you know in Canada
a copy of someone's study or work permit (but this is optional)
Internet access.
When in the online application, answer the questions as if you are in Canada. That's how I applied for my gcms notes and it was submitted successfully. Good luck
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/privacyTerms.do

About the payment method, the you use Nigerian debit card or how did you go about it, so I can request for mine today. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 4:46am On Jul 22, 2016
mccindy:
my sponsors closing fund has a negative sign.but the account is very active with up to 190 to 220 million,inflow and outflow.the closing fund is actually -5,000,000 .Is anything wrong with it(autually the chattered accountant said it's a plus that its not everybody that a big bank like first bank lends money to)

Tell Chartered accountant that s/he is wrong. Your need to show that your sponsor has available fund to fund your education. Your current sponsor is a debtor. How can you convince the VO that the millions flowing in and out the account are not borrowed money?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 22, 2016
If you go through General USA student visa enquiries, you would see that CIC/Their VOs just dey use our application dey do yeye..moreover Canadians are known to be slow and sluggish like snails..one's faith for approval is known under 1-3mins while canada 2months dey still dy process their mama/papa grave!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 22, 2016
[quote author=thesoj post=47767935]Hmm... I don't mean to make you feel worse BUT how did you possibly mistakenly "forget....
What if he says someone filled the form for him that he's very disappointed that the person could have ticked NO. That he honestly would not do that as he s very aware that US share info wid Canada...If he has other visa application forms where he ticked YES...He can submit that to show them it was a honest mistake

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by leemond(m): 8:04am On Jul 22, 2016
Hmmm like play like play my application is clocking 14weeks today. Thank God have a job to keep me busy,paper route upfront medical applied April 15...testimony loading....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by nicerichard05: 8:11am On Jul 22, 2016
snoop4dem:
Done

Pls help a brother too agbokhaodeomi@yahoo.com.

Thanks Bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) ... (403)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.