Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007562 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kelvyn29(m): 7:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
Aflafla:

We are plenty then. What course did you apply for?

Masters in Information Security
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Toluwaase(m): 7:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
johnpoko:
Good day, please I need advise from someone here, I'm a student here in Nigeria and I'll be graduating in 2017. I wanna attend an educational conference in University of Toronto for my project research purpose. I have gotten a letter of identification from the dean of students in my school, I have paid for the conference and gotten my receipt, I have also gotten an invitation letter, my eldest brother is sponsoring everything(both flight and hotel). Problem is this is my first time of traveling out if I don't have a travel history and the conference is to hold from 14- 16th October. please can anyone advise me on what documents I need to gather? and do I need medical exam? and which is faster? online or manual application? thanks

Your case can only be treated differently. You are not applying for temporary resident visa. So you do not need a medical test. Medical tests are required from people that will reside in Canada for more than six months.

You need a flight itinery (round trip)
You need to show you have booked for an hotel for those number of days will be staying in Canada.
You also need to show you have enough money for feeding for those number of days. You can request for a letter of introduction from the dean of students affairs from your university to the embassy. This will boost your application, it has to be stated in the letter that you will come back to Nigeria after the conference.

I do not know which is faster of the two (online and paper) but the process for TRV is different from yours a little. For instance, I think your application will be treated in Lagos, while TRVs are sent to Accra

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Aflafla: 7:39pm On Jul 29, 2016
kelvyn29:

Masters in Information Security

Same as mine
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
God evening all,i have been cold this evening and "shakey". On my way this afternoon after i made my last comment on moniker@t405 post,i was driving on a top speed of 80km,accidently i knocked down a 7yrs old girl who appeared from nowhere and with the sudden hit she fell into the gutter beside. Im so grateful and thankful to God if this gurl had died,i would have been locked in the police CELL by now and if my Medical call came from CIC this is how my dream would have been shattered.
N.B i believe God showed me a sign this evening and made me believe he is a miraculous God.i believe also its a positive sign to my application. Thank you lord!

31 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2016
Praises to our God, who constantly showers US with His loving kindness and mercy.
You are next in line!

michV:
God evening all,i have been cold this evening and "shakey". On my way this afternoon after i made my last comment on moniker@t405 post,i was driving on a top speed of 80km,accidently i knocked down a 7yrs old girl who appeared from nowhere and with the sudden hit she fell into the gutter beside. Im so grateful and thankful to God if this gurl had died,i would have been locked in the police CELL by now and if my Medical call came from CIC this is how my dream would have been shattered.
N.B i believe God showed me a sign this evening and made me believe he is a miraculous God.i believe also its a positive sign to my application. Thank you lord!

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by t405: 8:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
michV:
i know ur school,they defer if addmission is still valid but reapplication is when ur offer has expired but it ll be on cue again till they give you another LOA response.dont defer since ur recent LOA for fall is with CIC. mail michelle choi immediately it's their working time explaining this issue to her,make ur mail to her with the SUBJECT ''urgency'' including ur student ID.this is my input though,others from people r welcomed

Have been on this all day today.Michelle was unreachable via mails and calls.As per defer its on their website that they don't defer and Michelle confirmed this too I asked her weeks ago when I wantd to defer my admission to January so I requested for another acceptance letter and she sent me a link that indicated that I have to decline the offer first,den reapply and join the queue and be reaccepted for January.my concern is that if I do this n CIC requests for another admission letter from me if my visa application is processed late d school mite not ve reaches my re-application since I would be in d queue

Which is why I wanted to pay and accept this September offer even if visa won't b out then cause the school makes deferring considerations for those that don't make it for September due to visa related reasons.

Don't know what yo do.I already did form A wit d bank n hopefully by Monday it shud click.am tinkin of going ahead n make d pymt hopefully dt wud make dem retain my admission status.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by manchester92: 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2016
Hello family, I am new here and im about to apply for Fanshawe college PGC.. I am having issues with the forms. I want to apply online so pls i want to know if i am to download the 19 paged questionnaire and also pls can someone help me with the list of forms to download. Thank you and God bless us in the TRV chase
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by justwise(m): 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2016
lekan282:
Please my sista just got her TRV and she intend getting married nextweek. My question is..at port of entering does she need to indicate she is married so that her husband name can be issued on the study permit. The husband wil like to apply for OWP immediately she gets to canada. Gurus in d house ur input is needed
@ justwise @harkinqs@ all

I'm not sure if that is possible but i guess they will use the name on her passport, she needs to travel with her marriage certificate and see what happens at the POE.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gymme(m): 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2016
They will not put a different name on her study permit, that i'm sure of. The name she used to apply (which is on her passport) is what will be used. She could, however, take a copy of her marriage certificate along.

lekan282:
Please my sista just got her TRV and she intend getting married nextweek. My question is..at port of entering does she need to indicate she is married so that her husband name can be issued on the study permit. The husband wil like to apply for OWP immediately she gets to canada. Gurus in d house ur input is needed
@ justwise @harkinqs@ all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
[quote author=t405 post=48007333]

Search for JPorter email on GBC site,the head international admission officer. As for now i am full of shock to understand your post now,please bear with me. Even if u deferred and CIC ask you to bring new offer letter, show Michelle choi the mail from CIC to her that i think would make her act faster from removing urs from cue to decide on. Try contacting any1 this night at GBC before their close of work..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 8:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
johnpoko:
Good day, please I need advise from someone here, I'm a student here in Nigeria and I'll be graduating in 2017. I wanna attend an educational conference in University of Toronto for my project research purpose. I have gotten a letter of identification from the dean of students in my school, I have paid for the conference and gotten my receipt, I have also gotten an invitation letter, my eldest brother is sponsoring everything(both flight and hotel). Problem is this is my first time of traveling out if I don't have a travel history and the conference is to hold from 14- 16th October. please can anyone advise me on what documents I need to gather? and do I need medical exam? and which is faster? online or manual application? thanks
Make sure you include documents establishing your home ties. You don't need medicals. Paper application is faster for study permit these days. Not sure about visiting visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 8:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
iamosamede55:

Pls can someone help with this?
Thanks
Family Info form does not have validation option.
IMM5257 does not generate bar code after validation.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by meekmk(m): 8:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
michV:

My guy. No shaking. It is well. The lord is with us. We won't be behind bars when our good news and level changing upgrade comes knocking in Jesus Name. Amen. You should pray a lot more and be thankful. How's the little girl now.

9 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 9:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
michV:

Baba nla..........Chaii enemies want to get you.

Buh e no possible. You stand gidigba. No such thing as behind bars for you.(You got God ) Good news on the way. Most importantly,how's the girl's condition?

IT IS WELL BRUV

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 9:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
Arcayo:
[b]
LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (FALL 2016)
1. Crazygurl: April 5th.Conestoga PGD. Medical passed April 18th.
2. Opeyeminas: April 7 Conestoga, pgd, paper route, Upfront medicals. Medical Passed
3. Snoop4dem; April 11th, Uni of Victoria, masters, paper route,Medical Passed Approved June 24th Congrats
4. CassetteBoy: April 11th. UofT. Masters. Online route. Medical Request, Medical Passed, APPROVED 22nd July. Congrats
5. Grandcommander April 13, Conestoga College, PGC, Paper route, Upfront Medicals.Medical Passed
6. wayaa007: April 19, Georgian college, PGC, paper route
7. Deda3103: April 26th MSc, Uni of Saskatchewan, online route. Medical Request, Medical Passed. Approved 22nd July. Congrats
8. Ajibade001 April 27 M.Sc. Online
University of Saskatchewan.
9. qwertyasdf May 03, University of
Saskatchewan, PhD, Paper route, upfront medicals. Medical passed Approved 20th July Congrats

10. Rhegina May 4 U of M, masters paper route upfront medicals,Medical Passed,APPROVED July 13th CONGRATS
11. Aguns2k may 7 paper route, Conestoga college
12. abestine: May 12, MSc, Umanitoba, paper route, upfront medicals, Medical passed
13. greatlifeis89:May 24, Seneca, PGC, Paper route. Upfront Medicals, Medical Passed
14. Ayoadeoyatokun: May 25, Seneca, PGC,Paper route
15. tangled: May 26 Umanitoba MBA, Online route, Upfront medicals Approved 21st July Congrats
16. aliACCA :May 26 U of M, masters paper route upfront medicals
17. Datkoded, Seneca College, advance dip May 26, paper route
18. Matthew2120: June 1st, Masters, Paper route, Centennial college ,
19. moe0164 . Saskatchewan poly June 1st.. Paper route, awaiting medicals
20. emma4eva: June 3 MEng, Online. Ryerson University, Medical Request
21. Ikcbn: June 10th Niagara college, paper route. Medical (Passed)
22. abmendozer: June 13, Masters, Paper route, Geogian College
23. Ymc007: June 14, masters, paper route, Dalhousie University
24. Giov: June 16th Brandon University, Masters Paper Route. Upfront Medicals Medical Passed
25. Arcayo: June 19th PGC, Conestoga online route, upfront medicals
26. Olubee22: June 24th, St Mary Uni, UG, online
27. Faroukfahima: June 28th, Adv Dip, Conestoga College,Paper Route
28. Sexyqueen2: June 30th, M.Sc. Process Systems Engineering, University of Regina, Online route,
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
@yemdogg and @meekmk and @concerned ones, i thought the gurl had died because the hit threw her up and inside the deep gutter beside with her head she used in landing and facing the ground. I matched the highest BRAKE of my life today. the front bumper of the car got some cut damages just to tell you the gravity/impact of the hit.Thank God almighty.The gurl only had swellings on her forehead with just bruises on the surface of her skin.no deep cut no broken bone or leg/hand.i took her to the hospital with passersby assistance,they treated the bruise,gave her injections and medications and we successfully left.i ll still visit the family tomorrow after cleanup.the single young father of the gurl felt like killing me today and seizing my car to the existence he wanted taking the matter to the police. if not for my meaningful colleagues that consistently pleaded with him before he now got calm. I said to my Myself today,GOD EXISTS AND HE IS MIRACULOUS! God showed me a sign,favour and to embrace him more. Im sorry to derail the thread

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ikcbn(m): 10:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
Observant:

Bros i can help you with some information but in other not to derail the Canadian thread, You can PM so we ca n talk via email.

Bro i will also be needing the info, pls cc ikcbn@yahoo.com on all correspondence
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iamosamede55: 10:37pm On Jul 29, 2016
iamosamede55:

Pls can someone help with this?
Thanks
Pls help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iamosamede55: 10:38pm On Jul 29, 2016
iamosamede55:
pls i am currently filling the family information form i can't see any validate button on the form i downloaded and am applying online. Secondly on the Application for Temporary Residence IMM5257, after clicking on the validate button nor barcode is been generated. Kinldy confirm if this is normal for those that have applied online
Pls help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 11:05pm On Jul 29, 2016
iamosamede55:

Pls help

I dont think there's a validate button on the family information form.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 11:13pm On Jul 29, 2016
There is no validate button on d family information form and for form IMM5257 there won't b any bar code generated, u will just click d validate button nd dats all. It is only form IMM 1294 dat would generate a barcode (when ur laptop or desktop is connected to a printer or internet)
iamosamede55:

Pls help
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ethan45(m): 11:24pm On Jul 29, 2016
iamosamede55:

Pls help

@iamosama, the family info form does not have a validate icon, once you are through with filling the form and writing the date, u save it. You can as well merge it with the document checklist so you can be able to upload both as one PDF on the family info icon on CIC website.

If you cant find a validate button on the top of the 5257 application for trv form, then you know you are filling the wrong form. It is there, its a blue icon which is written VALIDATE. Once you are through with filling and dating the form, you click validate and it validates automatically, it doesn't generate any bar code.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by meekmk(m): 12:01am On Jul 30, 2016
michV:
@yemdogg and @meekmk and @concerned ones, i thought the gurl had died because the hit threw her up and inside the deep gutter beside with her head she used in landing and facing the ground. I matched the highest BRAKE of my life today. the front bumper of the car got some cut damages just to tell you the gravity/impact of the hit.Thank God almighty.The gurl only had swellings on her forehead with just bruises on the surface of her skin.no deep cut no broken bone or leg/hand.i took her to the hospital with passersby assistance,they treated the bruise,gave her injections and medications and we successfully left.i ll still visit the family tomorrow after cleanup.the single young father of the gurl felt like killing me today and seizing my car to the existence he wanted taking the matter to the police. if not for my meaningful colleagues that consistently pleaded with him before he now got calm. I said to my Myself today,GOD EXISTS AND HE IS MIRACULOUS! God showed me a sign,favour and to embrace him more. Im sorry to derail the thread

The Lords Grace is sufficient my brother . It is well

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 12:19am On Jul 30, 2016
Application processing time back to 12weeks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by faroukfahima(m): 12:45am On Jul 30, 2016
Arcayo:
Application processing time back to 12weeks

Nawa ooo, Hoping For Good News Soon grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ElCapt: 1:02am On Jul 30, 2016
martineverest:
pls ,bro can u help me confirm the duration of aerospace enginering (MENG,courswork ) and d cost.i contacted dem thru email,but havent gotten any reply from dem.the info arent displayed explictly on their wbsite.

I wud be very grateful if u could help me do dat.

Anyways,how is ottawa?

Ottawa is great!

You didn't mention the school though. If its Carleton U: between 1-2years.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by o2(f): 2:13am On Jul 30, 2016
michV:
. @Michv my heart goes out to you. We thank God forr deliverance. Pele

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Thomas375: 3:10am On Jul 30, 2016
My TRV has just been approved to study Msc Mechanical Engineering in University of Manitoba ........... Please I need advice on the best way to go about paying the tuition fees especially the method and the best exchange rate in NIgeria.

13 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by melodyyy4040: 3:58am On Jul 30, 2016
Thomas375:
My TRV has just been approved to study Msc Mechanical Engineering in University of Manitoba ........... Please I need advice on the best way to go about paying the tuition fees especially the method and the best exchange rate in NIgeria.

im new here and i'm not really sure how this works but you can easily tell them you're transferring the money strictly for your school fees. they'll let you transfer with the official rate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by melodyyy4040: 3:59am On Jul 30, 2016
im new here and i'm not really sure how this works but you can easily tell them you're transferring the money strictly for your school fees. they'll let you transfer with the official rate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by martineverest(m): 6:52am On Jul 30, 2016
ElCapt:

Ottawa is great!

You didn't mention the school though. If its Carleton U: between 1-2years.
its carleton....tanx bro

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 30, 2016
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.