Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,832 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007430 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by meekmk(m): 10:40am On Jul 29, 2016
bosypumpin:
@easyxtancongratz ,so happy for you
@michV to the rescue,
@meekm, you are welcome sir

Bossy.. Where are you based or currently located
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Observant: 10:52am On Jul 29, 2016
GrandCommander:

nice talk but from the little enquiries i made about Australia, it seems it takes about the same time(3 months) to process visa applications with canada.

Pure fallacy, Australia was my second choice, I only applied to US because of my family and honestly I didn't expect to get it, it was just a miracle because nothing was spectacular about my application nor interview.

I current have 2 admissions from 2 Australian Universities, there admission process is very fast, before 1st of July 2016, there had a process called SVP which meant students weren't required to show financial evidence to get there visas. A lot o people who were denied by Canada on this forum got I instantly approved.
Some even travelled with there spouses with no financial evidence. (In this scenario the students and accompanying spouse and family also get permit to work 20/40 hrs respectively) so even if you travel with zero naira, you and your spouse will most likely be able to raise your tuition though it's always advised to have funds for 12 months expenses.
There Visa processing takes not more than 4wks from the day of lodgement.

Students get 20hrs a week and 40hrs duration holidays, and what's important is that these student Jobs (on-campus and off-campus) appears to be ready available and pay between $18 to $22 as $18 is the national minimum wage.

Even though the SVP has been replaced with SSVF
(On 1st July 2016) which requires financial evdience.
They still have very approval rate. Infact why not take a trip to there page and see for yourself.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:34am On Jul 29, 2016
@observant na God carry you come back here..thank you very much..please come and respond to me

i have been to australian study thread,the addmision processing and visa processing is not like this f**kin' lipsrsealed canada.But my difficulty is that i don't know where to start from. On like this Canada thread you would atleast see document listed and submitted for visa application and suggestions.
my question goes like this cos i feel i have made the mistake applying for a PGD in canada because i couldn't afford to wait for their biting long admission duration of MASTERS when i have a 2.1 of (3.59) that would have atleast fetch me MEng program or Msc program by luck in canada so i am considering a back up plan if CIC no gree stamp my passport.

1) i studied E/E engineering with 2.1(3.59) with my last 3yrs UG GPA of 3.90,4.09,4.00,3.77,3.90,3.89 will this comfortably fetch me Masters program in Australia/USA with anticipated specialization in POWER SYSTEM ENGINEERING or RENEWABLE ENERGY

2) how long does it take to get admission decision from Australian schools and since they now require proof of funds, how much is expected to be in my sponsor's acccount

3) please can you provide me with AUSTRALIAN immigration website lemme check their study permit procedures and requirements for students and which low tuition uni. could you advise me to apply if you know any?

lemme quickly also drop this information request on their thread to know if i will be opportune for a sophisticated answer

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iamosamede55: 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2016
pls i am currently filling the family information form i can't see any validate button on the form i downloaded and am applying online. Secondly on the Application for Temporary Residence IMM5257, after clicking on the validate button nor barcode is been generated. Kinldy confirm if this is normal for those that have applied online
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2016
michV:
@observant na God carry you come back here..thank you very much..please come and respond to me

i have been to australian study thread,the addmision processing and visa processing is not like this f**kin' lipsrsealed canada.But my difficulty is that i don't know where to start from. On like this Canada thread you would atleast see document listed and submitted for visa application and suggestions.
my question goes like this cos i feel i have made the mistake applying for a PGD in canada because i couldn't afford to wait for their biting long admission duration of MASTERS when i have a 2.1 of (3.59) that would have atleast fetch me MEng program or Msc program by luck in canada so i am considering a back up plan if CIC no gree stamp my passport.

1) i studied E/E engineering with 2.1(3.59) with my last 3yrs UG GPA of 3.90,4.09,4.00,3.77,3.90,3.89 will this comfortably fetch me Masters program in Australia/USA with anticipated specialization in POWER SYSTEM ENGINEERING or RENEWABLE ENERGY

2) how long does it take to get admission decision from Australian schools and since they now require proof of funds, how much is expected to be in my sponsor's acccount

3) please can you provide me with AUSTRALIAN immigration website lemme check their study permit procedures and requirements for students and which low tuition uni. could you advise me to apply if you know any?

lemme quickly also drop this information request on their thread to know if i will be opportune for a sophisticated answer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 12:40pm On Jul 29, 2016
My problem with you is that you don't believe. Just so you know, God is not a man. Trust God, rejoice ahead of time, sow seeds of faith, keep praying & believe. ...it's normal to be scared but dont let your faith waiver

michV:

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ugosshhh: 12:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
kelvyn29:

I applied for UOIT Winter 2017.
They said they would get back to me in September.

wow, september.....mehn thats too far jare, which course?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by t405: 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2016
Hi guys.

Am in a tight spot and I need tour opinions.

Am supposed to pay CAD 7,823 by latest today Canada time or my admission would be withdrawn.I currently have someone with this amount in cash in canada thru my FX agent here but the person insist he can only pay into the banks close to him which is Royal bank or TD bank. But the schools account is nova scotia .

Bin cracking my brain on a way out.am almost tempted to let the offer be withdrawn and reapply for next session in winter 2017 especially as am almost certain my study permit won't be out by September but am concerned to loose did admission. D school doesn't rily defer dey wud ask one to reapply all over again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 29, 2016
NonelikeGod:
My problem with you is that you don't believe. Just so you know, God is not a man. Trust God, rejoice ahead of time, sow seeds of faith, keep praying & believe. ...it's normal to be scared but dont let your faith waiver
my brother fear is unavoidable, how can this people hold your passport for over 3months which you wld v used for another process. moreover planB is never a bad idea it is called CONTINGENCY PLANNING!..

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2016
t405:
Hi guys.
Am supposed to pay CAD 7,823 by latest today Canada time or my admission would be withdrawn.I currently have someone with this amount in cash in canada thru my FX agent here but the person insist he can only pay into the banks close to him which is Royal bank or TD bank. But the schools account is nova scotia .
Bin cracking my brain on a way out.am almost tempted to let the offer be withdrawn and reapply for next session in winter 2017 especially as am almost certain my study permit won't be out by September but am concerned to loose did admission. D school doesn't rily defer dey wud ask one to reapply all over again.
i know ur school,they defer if addmission is still valid but reapplication is when ur offer has expired but it ll be on cue again till they give you another LOA response.dont defer since ur recent LOA for fall is with CIC. mail michelle choi immediately it's their working time explaining this issue to her,make ur mail to her with the SUBJECT ''urgency'' including ur student ID.this is my input though,others from people r welcomed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
Which school are you going to by the way?
michV:
my brother fear is unavoidable, how can this people hold your passport for over 3months which you wld v used for another process. moreover planB is never a bad idea it is called CONTINGENCY PLANNING!..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by martineinstein(m): 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2016
CSSPATRICK:

I notice one tangible misconception here. Often times, I have read people give a false information about UOttawa. Some say cheap, least competitive etc. I am indifferent of ones choice of university and program but would always advise prospective students to do some research about their program and faculty / university. UofO is a member of the G13 and U15, association of research intensive universities in Canada. I am currently admitted for Masters degree program so I tell u that the tuition per yr is around 21k CAD. It would interesting to know that UofO is highly competitive and can never be compared with UofM, Carleton University etc. UofO is at pair closely with UofC and the likes, instead. Check the world ranking of Canadian universities on QS world universities ranking, times educational ranking and so on, then u would be better prepare.
pls,btw uottawa and carleton,which is cheaper?

Im planning on applying for meng mechanical engiineering @ carleton.the course is two years.i checked their website and their tuition fee is 10k per year and 20k for the two years...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2016
Harmony22:
i would like to ask anyone who has an idea of how the study permit works as regards to immigrating or traveling to canada, For a study permit that is granted for 2 years programme. does it mean that irrespective of if the person attended the school that year the study permit will still be valid..... Assuming that the study permit was granted late and the school do not defer or allow student to come late... could the same study permit can be used to travel if given admission for next year fall semester since it is still valid or someone had to apply for another study permit....
You won't get study permit until you reach point of entry in Canada. What you have in your passport from Nigeria is Temporary Resident Visa which allow you to travel to Canada while study permit allow you to study
Having said that, your trv is valid to travel to Canada till d expiry date noted on your passport. The only issue you may have is at poe (point of entry). How do you tackle this? Send a mail to the school that you cant meet up for the 2016 fall session and let them reply that you can only reapply as they don't defer admission. print the mail you will send to them and their response, you will need at poe. then change your DLI on CIC website if you will be going to another school. you should send mail to CIC also to inform them of the situation. print n keep CIC messages too coz u may need it at poe also. at poe in Canada you can show them the messages to let them know that CIC n d school is aware that you won't resume this year.
I will advise you get another school that have January or may intake. next year September is too far.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by 1soul(m): 1:32pm On Jul 29, 2016
Good day bro,

Please I sent you a Pm, wanted a second opinion on my younger brother's SOP.

thesoj:

@NonelikeGod is correct. I don't live in Canada, I live in the country next door to it (for a while I called it one of the "Five Eye" countries). Just in case you haven't read my old posts, I ended up on this thread a year ago because I was trying to help my sister get a Canadian TRV (after she got denied) and I ended up staying past my welcome lol. After reading from about Part 4 to Part 8 (at the time) I was able to help her package her next application which got approved swiftly, and this success inspired us to apply for my younger brother (a complex applicant) as well who got his study permit TRV on the first try.

Even though I don't live in Canada I still have opinions about it haha! I have in the recent past briefly visited Ontario, Quebec, and British Columbia. What specific questions do you want me to answer? I will let you know what I can answer and what I can't. I will mention some of the other gurus (living/studying in Canada) on the thread to answer questions about their respective provinces if the answers can't be googled!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Skiiiwalker: 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
michV:
you mailed accra immigration? How una take dey calculate this weeks in processing sef,i submitted on 17/05 and what date in august will complete it 13wks cos immediately it does i send my case to them without hesitation!! Plz sm1's input needed

17/06 will make 1 month, and 1 month = 4 weeks from there you count.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 1:51pm On Jul 29, 2016
t405:
Hi guys.

Call the school to find out if they have account with another bank. Some school have account with more than one bank.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 29, 2016
[quote author=t405 post=47995017]Hi guys.
Which school in Nova Scotia?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by alexeswh: 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2016
**Do they ask for proof of payment of tuition fees at the port of entry? The bank that is processing my fees is taking forever to complete transfer and i am leaving mid nextweek. Please any advice on what to do. I have booked my ticket already.

***how much should i go with to show proof of funds available for my stay at POE? Do they ask or you have to show them. Need ans asap.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by johnpoko: 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2016
Good day, please I need advise from someone here, I'm a student here in Nigeria and I'll be graduating in 2017. I wanna attend an educational conference in University of Toronto for my project research purpose. I have gotten a letter of identification from the dean of students in my school, I have paid for the conference and gotten my receipt, I have also gotten an invitation letter, my eldest brother is sponsoring everything(both flight and hotel). Problem is this is my first time of traveling out if I don't have a travel history and the conference is to hold from 14- 16th October. please can anyone advise me on what documents I need to gather? and do I need medical exam? and which is faster? online or manual application? thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lekan282: 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
Please my sista just got her TRV and she intend getting married nextweek. My question is..at port of entering does she need to indicate she is married so that her husband name can be issued on the study permit. The husband wil like to apply for OWP immediately she gets to canada. Gurus in d house ur input is needed
@ justwise @harkinqs@ all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by standupguy(m): 3:35pm On Jul 29, 2016
michV:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Observant: 3:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
michV:

Bros i can help you with some information but in other not to derail the Canadian thread, You can PM so we ca n talk via email.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
michV:
MichV, don't fear. Your visa must be approved. I am aware of your contributions and analytical skills here.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 4:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
Working on second option does nt mean one had lost hope in his application.....please Observant i have Pm you,though i have been reading part of the thread on Australia...but will need your help as well
Observant:

Bros i can help you with some information but in other not to derail the Canadian thread, You can PM so we ca n talk via email.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Aflafla: 4:19pm On Jul 29, 2016
ugosshhh:

I applied in june 2016 for winter 2017. But I was made to understand admission decisions are made after the deadline, which was july 15th....for MENG ECE, so a response can come any moment. What course did u apply for?

Masters in Information Technology Security. Yes I was told the same thing. But I applied since in April and they were the ones that said their admission process is an ongoing process meaning you can apply anytime and still get your LOA after the stipulated 2months for admission processing with them. 'I stand to be corrected'
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Aflafla: 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
kelvyn29:

I applied for UOIT Winter 2017.
They said they would get back to me in September.

We are plenty then. What course did you apply for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 29, 2016
lekan282:
Please my sista just got her TRV and she intend getting married nextweek. My question is..at port of entering does she need to indicate she is married so that her husband name can be issued on the study permit. The husband wil like to apply for OWP immediately she gets to canada. Gurus in d house ur input is needed
@ justwise @harkinqs@ all

Please someone should ans this...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 5:16pm On Jul 29, 2016
thesoj:

Even though I don't live in Canada I still have opinions about it haha! I have in the recent past briefly visited Ontario, Quebec, and British Columbia. What specific questions do you want me to answer? I will let you know what I can answer and what I can't. I will mention some of the other gurus (living/studying in Canada) on the thread to answer questions about their respective provinces if the answers can't be googled!

man, you are a sort of knowledge guru. one could easily mistake you for a Canadian citizen.
well, I was just hoping for unpublished knowledge. Say, which provinces have high P.R/career prospects. Which ones have laws that may not suit internationals and all that.
Truth is, I will still find all these out when I land...i just hope it won't take too long
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CassetteBoy(m): 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2016
johnpoko:
Good day, please I need advise from someone here, I'm a student here in Nigeria and I'll be graduating in 2017. I wanna attend an educational conference in University of Toronto for my project research purpose. I have gotten a letter of identification from the dean of students in my school, I have paid for the conference and gotten my receipt, I have also gotten an invitation letter, my eldest brother is sponsoring everything(both flight and hotel). Problem is this is my first time of traveling out if I don't have a travel history and the conference is to hold from 14- 16th October. please can anyone advise me on what documents I need to gather? and do I need medical exam? and which is faster? online or manual application? thanks

just in case..for cheap accommodation near UofT... Google "The only backpacker's inn"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jayslim1992: 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2016
thesoj:

I just realized I already stated my opinion on your visa application. It's good that you feel confident enough to submit an application, notwithstanding the concerns raised in my previous response. I am guessing you have addressed all the issues that may pop into the mind of the VO. Cheers and best of luck.

Edited: To be brutally honest, I still think that your app has very little chance for the same reasons that @rheginarh mentioned. Your "purpose of visit" is not clear. Also, given that your course of study doesn't really have a justifiable purpose of visit, the VO will see that you have minimal financial ties to Nigeria as evidenced by your total $2000CDN. Additionally, you own no property, you presumably are not married, your business is not financially robust enough to sponsor yourself, your sponsor's funds are "just" $4600CDN, you have zero travel history to OECD countries, etc. You have minimal financial and professional ties to Nigeria. Bro, if you were my brother I would tell you to not apply because your chance of denial is like 99.9%.

BUT if you insist that you will apply, then in your SOP you need to really paint yourself as a visionary and make a case for why going to study French in Canada would considerably increase your ability to achieve your professional goals. You will need to be as specific as possible about this. Do not take it lightly. You will also need to specifically spell out an itemized plan of your professional goals in Nigeria (lay out the plans, don't just make generic statements) and link each goal to what you will gain from your short time studying French in Canada. You will also need to explain concisely what you have been doing in Nigeria to push toward these professional goals of yours. You will need to explain why you must study the course in Canada as opposed to the neighboring Francophone countries. Your arguments will have to be cogent and your whole app will need to sound extremely intelligent and professional. Since you have few financial and family ties to Nigeria, you WILL need to make a case that you have extremely strong professional ties to Nigeria.

If you do this, then your chance of denial may reduce to like 80-90%. Sorry I sound pessimistic. But I'm just trying to help.
Hello thesoj please i will like u to help me proofread my SOP. my e-mail is johnbenedict726@gmail.com thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 6:25pm On Jul 29, 2016
alexeswh:
**Do they ask for proof of payment of tuition fees at the port of entry? The bank that is processing my fees is taking forever to complete transfer and i am leaving mid nextweek. Please any advice on what to do. I have booked my ticket already.

***how much should i go with to show proof of funds available for my stay at POE? Do they ask or you have to show them. Need ans asap.

Thanks
No they don't ask for proof of payment at POE. They MAY ask for proof of fund, which I doubt they'll cause you've already provided this before the VO who approved your application. Just have a copy of your sponsor's bank statement. That would suffice should they raise the issue of fund at POE. - LM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iamosamede55: 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2016
iamosamede55:
pls i am currently filling the family information form i can't see any validate button on the form i downloaded and am applying online. Secondly on the Application for Temporary Residence IMM5257, after clicking on the validate button nor barcode is been generated. Kinldy confirm if this is normal for those that have applied online
Pls can someone help with this?
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.