Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007683 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Aflafla: 10:57am On Aug 10, 2016
JERRYPOPINS:
Saint lawrence @ alpha international academy sent me tuition invoice.According to them i can only receive LOA once they confirm payment.Please is it proper?

I secured admission with them last year. I got my offer letter without paying any fees o. Maybe their system has changed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by favour0011: 11:15am On Aug 10, 2016
LONG POST ALERT!!! PLS DON’T POST VERBATIM

First app_paper (Humber College_PGC_Project Management)
Applied –August 10th 2015
Delayed – October 11th 2015 on grounds of purpose of visit and others

2nd app_Paper(University of western ontarion_Meng_Elect/Comp Engr
Applied – Feb 5th 2016
Delayed – March 9th after medicals passed. Insuffucient funds to pay for tuition only

Third App_ Paper with upfront medicals(University of western ontarion_Meng_Elect/Comp Engr
Applied – May 31st
Approved – Aug 10th

Doc submitted:
Cic and admission docs
Mail correspondence from the Uni saying I cant pay tuition until I arrive Canada
Sponsors letter and affidavit of support (Sponsor is maternal uncle whom I currently live with)
Sponsors SOA of 6.4m closing balance and 16 m inflow
Sponsors property docs and CSCS statement
Docs to show proof of relationship

Co sponsors letter and SOA of 1.3m balance (Co sponsor is Dad and am his last dependant)
Letter of explanation addressing previous denials and changes on the new app (I also emphasized on how this program is will compliment my current work experience)
Letter of intro from my coy and study leave letter
Payslips and Personal SOA of 1.2m balance

My cousin who’s a prof trained by my dad years back also gave a letter of financial support stating that he will give me 1 m naira and submitted his SOA too with inflow of about 13m but closing balance of 1.3m

My older bro is a PR of Canada. He gave a letter of declaration to act as my guardian ad ensure I don’t violate any Canadian laws while am schooling. He has a gud paying Job and owns a house in Toronto too (submitted some proof but didn’t submit his SOA).

My UK visa page and flight tickets
Visa pages of my parents (uk,Canada and USA)

I prayed and God answered

I virtually submitted all I could lay my hands on…lol. This was gonna be my last try.

21 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sevenody: 1:12pm On Aug 10, 2016
NonelikeGod:
@ thesoj
@cocolav
@team12
@ everyone with the information

Please can you send me the links for Applying for an open work permit for my husband & visiting visas for the kids & a nanny. My kids will go to a day care while I study.
Biko thank you.

Im kind of in the same situation. My daughter's application was refused while mine was approved. So im waiting immedairely i arrive and get a house, i will submit another for her. Processing time for Visiting visa is about a month so i dont even want to applying it alongside the SOWP so it wont delay her coming to join me. Shes 8yrs. Hubby's sowp can be done later.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sevenody: 1:20pm On Aug 10, 2016
steffans:

U will have to go to Canada first b4 they can apply for their visas... There are some documents.. U will get at the POE and in ur skol.. U will send it down for them b4 dey can apply..

I may be wrong.. Others can shade more light in dis..

Congratulations again!

Pls what document is it that?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sevenody: 1:30pm On Aug 10, 2016
easyxtan:

We are both on the same shoe, I got my TRV and my daughter and my mother going as her nanny was delayed. I have defer My admission to spring 2017 and i want to apply for SOWP for my Husband and visiting visa for my daughter. I think you have to start now by contacting Daycare because getting a space for your child takes time and she will be place on waiting list. My dear day care is expensive and the lowest i saw was $850 per month in Vancouver.
My daughter is 9month sucking infant and i cant leave her, I am waiting for my daughter Gcms file, then i will apply for her and my husband in September. we will surely cross over in Jesus name Amen.

My daughters case sef, i had already applied in after sch care (shes school age) and a few were already responding and giving her slot. I even included the mail trails in the appliaction to show she has after sch care but they still refused her application. Well she will come later.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Godwinmycase: 1:43pm On Aug 10, 2016
Sevenody:

Im kind of in the same situation. My daughter's application was refused while mine was approved. So im waiting immedairely i arrive and get a house, i will submit another for her. Processing time for Visiting visa is about a month so i dont even want to applying it alongside the SOWP so it wont delay her coming to join me. Shes 8yrs. Hubby's sowp can be done later.
How did you come up with that processing time? What i saw now is 82 days
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by andre99(m): 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2016
CIC should av clearly stated on their website no more PGC/PGD approvals instead of wasting people's time and money. It's very obvious they wanna treat all masters applicants even b4 treating PGC. May God deliever us.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2016
@easyxtan
@sevenody
@bosypumpin

I didn't include any of them in my application because I honestly can't cope with them alone without a help. Even if they attend day care, I'll still need someone to help me watch over them while I study in the evenings.

I'll take this time to look for a nanny & apply for visas go everyone at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sevenody: 1:57pm On Aug 10, 2016
Godwinmycase:

How did you come up with that processing time? What i saw now is 82 days

Wow. Saw 52 days when i checked about 2wks ago. Na wa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ddestiny(m): 2:06pm On Aug 10, 2016
Hello House,

How do I withdraw an earlier submitted online application for TRV for study ?.

Send email to ;

1.) accra.immigration@international.gc.ca and lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

2.) fill the IRCC Webform located at ; https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.133153678.1648614115.1462280232

OR do both.

How long does it take to confirm the withdrawal/cancellation as I have a timeline to accept an appointment. Your prompt responses to the above would be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mrturiz555: 2:13pm On Aug 10, 2016
Hello hus my app has been delayed jst log onto my cic account nd I saw closed nd refused rili don't knw y after 4 long months of wait pgd with medical pass..dis is so annoying nawa...

In All I give God d glory

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Godwinmycase: 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2016
Mrturiz555:
Hello hus my app has been delayed jst log onto my cic account nd I saw closed nd refused rili don't knw y after 4 long months of wait pgd with medical pass..dis is so annoying nawa...

Sorry about that bro! Dont relent... Refire perhaps with masters application if possible
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 2:31pm On Aug 10, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 10, 2016
Mrturiz555:
list the documents submitted make we torchlight ur matter,hope inconsistency no dey for ur program na always common reasons for PGC students. Who be ur sponsor and closing balance,cos na another matter wey ppl dey face be that. What did they state on ur refusal letter cos i thought they will have to send the refusal letter to you account since you linked it online if im right? Sorry bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mrturiz555: 2:41pm On Aug 10, 2016
michV:
list the documents submitted make we torchlight ur matter,hope inconsistency no dey for ur program na always common reasons for PGC students. Who be ur sponsor and closing balance,cos na another matter wey ppl dey face be that. What did they state on ur refusal letter cos i thought they will have to send the refusal letter to you account since you linked it online if im right? Sorry bro
nt seen my refusal letter oo me jst tire for d matter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mrturiz555: 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2016
Godwinmycase:

Sorry about that bro! Dont relent... Refire perhaps with masters application if possible
is it possible to apply with masters after using pgd.and more over which university accept direct masters with 2.2 coz I came out with cgpa 3.05
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ddestiny(m): 2:55pm On Aug 10, 2016
Kindly help with my enquiry below:

ddestiny:
Hello House,

How do I withdraw an earlier submitted online application for TRV for study ?.

Send email to ;

1.) accra.immigration@international.gc.ca and lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

2.) fill the IRCC Webform located at ; https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.133153678.1648614115.1462280232

OR do both.

How long does it take to confirm the withdrawal/cancellation as I have a timeline to accept an appointment. Your prompt responses to the above would be appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Godwinmycase: 3:11pm On Aug 10, 2016
Mrturiz555:
is it possible to apply with masters after using pgd.and more over which university accept direct masters with 2.2 coz I came out with cgpa 3.05

I think some schools have prequalification program for those who did not meet their requirements. You just have to send a mail to them. As for your transition from PGD to masters; your SOP will do the magic.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ramsol00: 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2016
favour0011:
LONG POST ALERT!!! PLS DON’T POST VERBATIM

First app_paper (Humber College_PGC_Project Management)
Applied –August 10th 2015
Delayed – October 11th 2015 on grounds of purpose of visit and others

2nd app_Paper(University of western ontarion_Meng_Elect/Comp Engr
Applied – Feb 5th 2016
Delayed – March 9th after medicals passed. Insuffucient funds to pay for tuition only

Third App_ Paper with upfront medicals(University of western ontarion_Meng_Elect/Comp Engr
Applied – May 31st
Approved – Aug 10th

Doc submitted:
Cic and admission docs
Mail correspondence from the Uni saying I cant pay tuition until I arrive Canada
Sponsors letter and affidavit of support (Sponsor is maternal uncle whom I currently live with)
Sponsors SOA of 6.4m closing balance and 16 m inflow
Sponsors property docs and CSCS statement
Docs to show proof of relationship

Co sponsors letter and SOA of 1.3m balance (Co sponsor is Dad and am his last dependant)
Letter of explanation addressing previous denials and changes on the new app (I also emphasized on how this program is will compliment my current work experience)
Letter of intro from my coy and study leave letter
Payslips and Personal SOA of 1.2m balance

My cousin who’s a prof trained by my dad years back also gave a letter of financial support stating that he will give me 1 m naira and submitted his SOA too with inflow of about 13m but closing balance of 1.3m

My older bro is a PR of Canada. He gave a letter of declaration to act as my guardian ad ensure I don’t violate any Canadian laws while am schooling. He has a gud paying Job and owns a house in Toronto too (submitted some proof but didn’t submit his SOA).

My UK visa page and flight tickets
Visa pages of my parents (uk,Canada and USA)

I prayed and God answered

I virtually submitted all I could lay my hands on…lol. This was gonna be my last try.

I just sent you a pm bro, kindly reply. There is something I would like to confirm from you with respect to your uni.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2016
Sevenody:

My daughters case sef, i had already applied in after sch care (shes school age) and a few were already responding and giving her slot. I even included the mail trails in the appliaction to show she has after sch care but they still refused her application. Well she will come later.
since your daughter is of school age, she needs a study permit not visiting visa. You need to get her admission into a primary school and apply study permit for her.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2016
Sevenody:

since your daughter is of school age, she needs a study permit not visiting visa. You need to get her admission into a primary school and apply study permit for her. Unless she won't be attending school in canada WC I doubt.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 3:32pm On Aug 10, 2016
ramsol00:

I just sent you a pm bro, kindly reply. There is something I would like to confirm from you with respect to your uni.
Thanks
stop quoting long post. let's stop wasting valuable spaces on this thread.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2016
Mrturiz555:

bro sorry for the delay , i was already waiting for your approval mail thinking maybe we'd travel together cos its d same college we're going to, I'm now more scared cos no med mail since i submitted and its 9weeks already...b like say Na to port go Yankee thread oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Godwinmycase: 3:44pm On Aug 10, 2016
Mrturiz555:

http://www.smu.ca/academics/msc-in-applied-science.html. G.P.A is 3.0
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dior2016: 3:56pm On Aug 10, 2016
Ewo!!!i am so sorry my guy chai,omor this is sad oh
Mrturiz555:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ddestiny(m): 4:41pm On Aug 10, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ddestiny(m): 4:41pm On Aug 10, 2016
House, kindly urgently help me with my enquiry of how to withdraw an earlier submitted application;

send email to accra.immigration@international.gc.ca and lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca

OR use the IRCC Web form located on; https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.133153678.1648614115.1462280232

For people that have successfully done this, how soon did you get the confirmation of the withdrawal ?.
Did you eventually get a refund of the application fees
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 5:10pm On Aug 10, 2016
hi everyone, IOM called that they had sent my medical results yesterday, i just checked online and i saw that i passed the medicals, cc Arcayo. thank God, awaiting the final great news. it will end in praise for us all IJN.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sevenody: 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2016
metrecube:

since your daughter is of school age, she needs a study permit not visiting visa. You need to get her admission into a primary school and apply study permit for her. Unless she won't be attending school in canada WC I doubt.

But i saw this on cic website that kids of study permit holders can study without permits, thats why i applied for visitor visa for her. And Team12 and Khalesi did same visiting too for thirs kids. But im now wondering if maybe they were successful bc their kids are toddlers and wont be in sch. See below snapshot. Or could they be referring parents in canada already?

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ddestiny(m): 5:26pm On Aug 10, 2016
Someone share an experience on this forum of withdrawal of an application recently where an agent applied for a visiting visa instead of study visa and he had challenges while trying to withdraw the visiting visa to correct this anomalies. Please if you are the person or anyone that has information about the page should kindly direct me there.

Any information of how to withdraw an ongoing application submitted via online route is urgently required.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Sevenody: 5:32pm On Aug 10, 2016
metrecube:

since your daughter is of school age, she needs a study permit not visiting visa. You need to get her admission into a primary school and apply study permit for her.

You could be right. But i saw on cic website that kids of study permit holders can study without permits, thats why i applied for visitor visa for her. And Team12 and Khalesi did same visiting visa for thieir kids. But im now wondering maybe they were successful bc their kids are toddlers and wont be in sch. Or could they be referring parents in canada already? See snapshot below.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Multispanzy: 5:35pm On Aug 10, 2016
Hello House,

Though am not a veteran in this house but i will like to encourage all TRV hopefuls, remain positive about your application no matter the delay and situation. I believe with prayers and faith everything will work our for good in our favor.

From my experience about US visa's this is the truth of the matter; All VO's or visa processing centers have daily/monthly/yearly quota or limit of TRV to be issued to international students aside other visa categories. Therefore assuming all applications are deemed perfect then who will they drop, definitely they will raise the bar and qualification points. Our applications are been scored while under review, so if your application falls below a particular score then there's trouble. Sometimes the bar is raised or lowered according to some conditions. That's why we sometime see a very ridiculous application that even @Yemdogg will throw out,receiving TRV and yet another application with everything almost 100% perfect will be denied with flimsy excuses and reasons.So at the end of the day it's all FAVOUR and GRACE.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.