Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007772 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Eraytee: 10:29pm On Aug 10, 2016
Hello every1, I applied for TRV on 21st June for pgd am yet to receive any mail for medicals, fully paid for my program ($14,100CAD). Any1 in same shoes? If u apply to Conestoga college, kindly signify. Thanks y'all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 10:35pm On Aug 10, 2016
Sorry about that,
Bioben:
Application denied after 4 months. ..purpose of visit
PGD/PGC applicant?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dawhudlaide: 10:36pm On Aug 10, 2016
Hello, if you didnt link your app online CIC doesnt send "medical passed" mail. But if you linked it, you will receive a notification in your email advising you to check your CIC account for updates. I used IOM for my medicals; IOM will call you if you there's an issue with your medical test. But lets assume Q-Life also does the same. In this case, you have most likely passed your medical examination.
Sebho:
hello pals
pls how do i know if i pass d medical because it has been 17 days now since i have done my midecal no mail from either Q-LIFE CLINIC NOR CIC ACCRA and my class begins 6th sep
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by favour0011: 10:47pm On Aug 10, 2016
Hello fam... please for those that applied via paper and later linked to online. how long did it take you to go pick up your passport from vfs after trv approval. will vfs send me a mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by BE811APP: 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2016
Sorry about that bro..

its well!

Bioben:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 10, 2016
Bioben:
..sorry bro...whats ur undergraduate study? Ur job position/function? ur intended program in canada? Ur program level, advanced diploma or pgc/pgd? These areas analyzes this "purpose of visit"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kakamsi: 11:00pm On Aug 10, 2016
Sevenody:

Im kind of in the same situation. My daughter's application was refused while mine was approved. So im waiting immedairely i arrive and get a house, i will submit another for her. Processing time for Visiting visa is about a month so i dont even want to applying it alongside the SOWP so it wont delay her coming to join me. Shes 8yrs. Hubby's sowp can be done later.
Is possible to apply for her alone without you hubby applying along side her own for his SOWP
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Jayne07(f): 11:03pm On Aug 10, 2016
favour0011:
Hello fam... please for those that applied via paper and later linked to online. how long did it take you to go pick up your passport from vfs after trv approval. will vfs send me a mail.
Wait till you get a text from vfs that your passport has gotten to their office
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by humbleosazee: 11:05pm On Aug 10, 2016
michV:
..sorry bro...whats ur undergraduate study? Ur job position/function? ur intended program in canada? Ur program level, advanced diploma or pgc/pgd? These areas analyzes this "purpose of visit"

Purpose of visit na excuse, they don't just want to give him. Is it wrong to change a course or a career?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 10, 2016
@NonelikeGod i have really forgotten oo but i know my school provided me with their account details on my application for admission page when i accepted my offer and their accounts details were listed on my LOA/invoice too.so i printed the details,went to firstbank with my data page of my passport,the account detail of my school,filled the form A and they debited my sponsor's account and it must be current account..im not sure if i went also with a copy of my LOA.this is what i can remember.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by favour0011: 11:14pm On Aug 10, 2016
Thanks dear .... How many days did your take?
Jayne07:

Wait till you get a text from vfs that your passport has gotten to their office
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bioben: 11:15pm On Aug 10, 2016
My Under graduate degree: chemical engineering and am goin to SAIT for 2yrs Applied degree program to have in depth and background knowledge of petroleum engineering before proceeding to master or phd depending on dd result with some years of financial experience.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 10, 2016
humbleosazee:

Purpose of visit na excuse, they don't just want to give him. Is it wrong to change a course or a career?
yea na excuse but its cic pattern of doing things. Changing career is allowed but CIC doesn't care.its a criteria for them to eliminate apps.Lets us do the needful bikonu ooo..im nt yet sure of my own oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 10, 2016
Bioben:
My Under graduate degree: chemical engineering and am goin to SAIT for 2yrs Applied degree program to have in depth and background knowledge of petroleum engineering before proceeding to master or phd depending on dd result with some years of financial experience.
i sense ur program level to be the barrier. Sorry bro..chai!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by badtsharpguy: 11:30pm On Aug 10, 2016
Bioben:

Did you mention in your SOP that you intend to run the program at SAIT before proceeding for masters/phd??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by humbleosazee: 11:32pm On Aug 10, 2016
michV:
yea na excuse but its cic pattern of doing things. Changing career is allowed but CIC doesn't care.its a criteria for them to eliminate apps.Lets us do the needful bikonu ooo..im nt yet sure of my own oo

This CIC delay in processing PGC and PGD applications, what will happen after the deadline for resumption? Let me wait and watch the season film. Canada vs Nigeria
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 10, 2016
humbleosazee:

This CIC delay in processing PGC and PGD applications, what will happen after the deadline for resumption? Let me wait and watch the season film. Canada vs Nigeria
bro na watch i dey watch them.accomodation i nvr book, flight who saii! Dollar i never get! Book, pen, pencil, calculator and school bag grin wey i go dy use go school i never buy

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kakamsi: 11:47pm On Aug 10, 2016
metrecube:

minor children WHO ARE ALREADY IN CANADA accompanying a parent who is
permitted to study or work may study in Canada without a study permit at the
pre-school, primary and secondary levels.

check the link below.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/minors-documents.asp

See you guys are saying the same thing, but u r trying to confuse her. Now as long as she is holding a valid study permit her daughter whether 8 or 10 years doesn't need study permit to study at pre-school, primary or secondary school level.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 11, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kakamsi: 12:05am On Aug 11, 2016
Sebho:
hello pals
pls how do i know if i pass d medical because it has been 17 days now since i have done my midecal no mail from either Q-LIFE CLINIC NOR CIC ACCRA and my class begins 6th sep

If you applied through paper route, the only way to know is by linking u app online to be getting updates. That is the only way I know maybe other people can throw more light on it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ngeremadaobi1(f): 1:02am On Aug 11, 2016
God is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all we could ever ask or imagine. I trust him completely.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by burrytee(m): 1:58am On Aug 11, 2016
Eraytee:
Hello every1, I applied for TRV on 21st June for pgd am yet to receive any mail for medicals, fully paid for my program ($14,100CAD). Any1 in same shoes? If u apply to Conestoga college, kindly signify. Thanks y'all.
Are u fr sept intake. Perspective stdent also but jan intake.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Onyeoma3: 2:48am On Aug 11, 2016
Congrats to everyone that recently got their TRVs and preparing to come to Maple land. The honest truth is that upon arrival to Canada, another chapter of your life begins. Going to school, making good grades and most importantly getting jobs after graduation. Getting a professional job after graduation is even more difficult than getting visa itself but you'll definitely get something doing to pay your bills in the interim. I believe the waiting time for visa is a way of preparing the applicants for the realities in Canada after graduation.

To those that were denied recently, don't give up on your dreams. Try to step up and reapply. You'll get it in your next try.

@NonelikeGod : the possibility of getting a visa for a nanny is very very low. You have to manage your program with your 2 children. That's the Western world for you. The only nanny you can have is a daycare plus your mum (that's if she's chanced to spend good time with you in Canada).

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 3:29am On Aug 11, 2016
NonelikeGod:
@ thesoj I see you are online. Biko respond to my questions.
Is there any UOttawan in the house? Please what account number did you give to the bank when you were paying with form A?

I showed first bank the western union form from Ottawa & they didn't understand what I was or was not saying? Has anyone paid tuition via form A?

@ikem01 where are you? You got your trv and disappeared, no advise to learners like us....not cool bro, not cool.

Ngwa @MichV and @yemdogg @lawmerchant answer my questions biko.

Are you using Form A, or the the UOttawa Western Union Business Solution? If you are using Form A, believe you will need an invoice from UOttawa stating your tuition amount. If you are using UOttawa Western Union Business Solution, note that Western Union Business Solution is different from Western Union. Not sure if the Western Union Business Solution works in Nigeria. - LM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ManTiger(m): 3:34am On Aug 11, 2016
Just wanna share this.
A relative applied to a community college in USA around Jan last year, her admission was approved around March and her program ought to start in Sept. She proceeded with tuition payment, $13106 USD for a year program. We booked appointment in July and was refused, booked another, was refused again, we contact the Schl and she was given a new start date, Jan, this time, the school send a corresponding letter to her detailing that she has paid her tuition in full blah blah bla, went for another interview in November 2015 and was refused so she gave up.

I read up some post in US thread and realised the college was off so we requested for her tuition. That was around Dec 2015 when the economy was still sane. The school took like forever before they respond and I became very restless. When the Schl responded, it was already Jan when they resumed for winter session and their conditions for refund were off key.

So the said applicant just give it break. She'll practically tell me not to discuss anything about the Schl and we should hold our peace on the money because the institution is not running away.

Around Feb 2016, we applied for a masters admission at UofM and she was given admission with scholarship and teaching assistance. March, we "sharperly" agreed to the terms and conditions of the school that withheld the money, after 3wks the money came. UofM tuition is $8800CAD, had a sponsorship of $4500CAD/yr.

As I speak with you, the lady has her TRV and more than enough money to run her program, this is someone who was crying and shedding tears when she was enroute Abj after the interview. She is full of life and praise God for his design over her life.

My people, everybody's destiny has its design, with or without CIC TRV, we shall reach the greater height we're destined to reach.

Live happily, live peacefully.
Shalom!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 3:43am On Aug 11, 2016
Bioben:
The BAPT program is not a full fledged degree program though, and it cannot be used for masters application in Canada. It may be accepted in some other countries though. Sorry bout your delay.
michV:
i sense ur program level to be the barrier. Sorry bro..chai!
It's not the program level. Most of the Nigerian students studying at SAIT in Calgary are on this program. You know we like anything O&G related in Nigeria, hence more than 60% of students in that program every year are usually Nigerians. The rest are usually a mix of Iranians and Pakistanis. This is a class of around 100 students. All you need for admissions is a diploma from Canada or a technical degree from your country of residence. It's an after degree or after diploma program, and one can't get admission to that program with o'level results only.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 4:02am On Aug 11, 2016
NonelikeGod:
@easyxtan
@sevenody
@bosypumpin

I didn't include any of them in my application because I honestly can't cope with them alone without a help. Even if they attend day care, I'll still need someone to help me watch over them while I study in the evenings.

I'll take this time to look for a nanny & apply for visas go everyone at the same time.

How old are your kids? I doubt if you can bring a nanny to Canada. If that was possible, all the Nigerians living in Canada would have shipped nannies from Nigeria...The best bet is to bring your mum or your husbands mum. They can stay for at least 6 months at time. I know there are some rules for in-country applications based on income level. If you are considering daycare which is rather an expensive options and comes with children spreading cough and cold wahala, you should budget at least $650/month (conservative figure). If you have friends and families in the city or town you would be residing, they may be able to help by juggling times and day offs but this is very unpredictable.

You would also be studying; there would be lots of assignment and frequent tests. The lord is your strength my sister. It's not gonna be easy, but you can conquer all things with God on your side.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ddestiny(m): 6:45am On Aug 11, 2016
Thanks

Gymme:
Since it was submitted online, the fastest way is using the Web form (similar to CSE). A response is within 10 days.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=741&top=23

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Eraytee: 6:54am On Aug 11, 2016
burrytee:

Are u fr sept intake. Perspective stdent also but jan intake.

Yea, sept 6 class starts
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dessy8: 7:05am On Aug 11, 2016
LOL....dis na real season film....Season 1, episode 10...make we dey watch..
michV:
bro na watch i dey watch them.accomodation i nvr book, flight who saii! Dollar i never get! Book, pen, pencil, calculator and school bag grin wey i go dy use go school i never buy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 11, 2016
shinarambo1:

The BAPT program is not a full fledged degree program though, and it cannot be used for masters application in Canada. It may be accepted in some other countries though. Sorry bout your delay.
It's not the program level. Most of the Nigerian students studying at SAIT in Calgary are on this program. You know we like anything O&G related in Nigeria, hence more than 60% of students in that program every year are usually Nigerians. The rest are usually a mix of Iranians and Pakistanis. This is a class of around 100 students. All you need for admissions is a diploma from Canada or a technical degree from your country of residence. It's an after degree or after diploma program, and one can't get admission to that program with o'level results only.
i was not talking about the school and their criteria for admission.i was talking perceptibly the way CIC sees the program as not being an upgrade to his career for refusing him.i never channelled my comments to the school but to CIC for not seeing the purpose for such intended visit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.