Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007606 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 16, 2016
bjmme:
MichV you got my mail,but i didnt get your response
i have responded
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
Jimaktol:

What kind of work do you do and for how long? Is it also related to your proposed course of study?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Guru616: 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
Please i need advice on how to apply for Msc in information Tech, Am an HND holder and i studied Computer Science. Need a school in canada that doesn't require GMAT.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Guru616: 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
Please i need advice on how to apply for Msc in information Tech, Am an HND holder and i studied Computer Science. Need a school in Canada that doesn't require GMAT.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by crazygurl: 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2016
Just called vfs, Said my ppt is ready for pick up...I tracked it and saw it was dispatched yesterday...no mail nothing ....went online to track it, it's still showing not started in final decision...

Am just hoping that it's positive cause I did my mediclas and passed it.

People please pray oooo

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 3:23pm On Aug 16, 2016
Eraytee:

Congrats!!! Pls can u tell us ur type of admission? Was it pdg/pgc or Masters? So that Pple can benefit from it. Thanks n congrats again.
thanks a lot. it was an Msc online app

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kisstaye(m): 3:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
crazygurl:
Just called vfs, Said my ppt is ready for pick up...I tracked it and saw it was dispatched yesterday...no mail nothing ....went online to track it, it's still showing not started in final decision...

People please pray oooo
congrats in advance man. no need to fret,its 150percent positive. never heard of a denial after passport request. give glory to God Oo,e no easy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 16, 2016
kisstaye:

congrats in advance man. no need to fret,its 150percent positive. never heard of a denial after passport request. give glory to God Oo,e no easy.
@crazygurl.prayers are not needed in this situation LETS BE FACTUAL cos prayers can't change what have been written or stamped that is already waiting for you at VFS.the only thing is being POSITIVE as you approach VFS @kisstaye, she applied via PAPER,CIC is unpredictable so we have to wait for her to go and collect her package at VFS

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 4:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
crazygurl:

People please pray oooo

Drop the digit you called for anyone in your shoe.

*cheers*

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CannyZionist: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2016
Hello good people, I submitted my study permit app via paper route on Friday, no email or text acknowledging receipt of app.

Secondly, I tried linking my app and I got a response of no details found. Is there anything to worry about? Just curious anyway
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by CHERIPH: 5:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
Good day my people,please, is it possible for someone to help drop passport when requested by CIC ? I work in Doha but I want to apply for Canada visit visa with my son who is in Nigeria. Online application will be best for me because I will take a week break off to be in Nigeria to apply while I return back to work.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 5:34pm On Aug 16, 2016
michV:
@crazygurl.prayers are not needed in this situation LETS BE FACTUAL cos prayers can't change what have been written or stamped that is already waiting for you at VFS.the only thing is being POSITIVE as you approach VFS @kisstaye, she applied via PAPER,CIC is unpredictable so we have to wait for her to go and collect her package at VFS

She needs prayer at least to safely arrive at vfs and return. grin

Prayer is the key

prayer is the key

Prayer is the master key

Jesus started with prayer

And ended with prayer

Prayer is the master key.

Hehehehe.... Who among you all didn't chant or sing this song during primary education. grin

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
For em niggiz heading to Lambton college, just got a mail from the international office......b like say na January sure pass for me sha....

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by okechukwu101: 6:06pm On Aug 16, 2016
Carter001:
For em niggiz heading to Lambton college, just got a mail from the international office......b like say na January sure pass for me sha....
That's my school too. We are on the same page
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by emma4eva(m): 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2016
@ easyxtan

Don't mind my silly question, how did u go abt ur admission letter, it doesn't show as a pdf file on my Western school acct. Did u print out the page and scanned. Am lost on this matter.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Pacypatty(f): 6:34pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ugoerico:
ur problem is DAT u re not ticking the the box labeled " I am not a Robot" and putting in de security code dat appears therein. or u re not getting the codes accurately. try it again and am sure u gona be tru..

Thks so much it worked as u directed me to.On my status my reference number was quoted and that my application is beIng processed, hope am on track now

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2016
Haha. I answer when I can. grin
Ok it makes sense why you are including a consent letter.
Jayne07:

Thesoj answers my question? Is a lie. This application must be approved bcs of only dis sef. Thanks for answering.... I jst want to get dis right....since my sponsor is not related to me and I claim to av bin living with him since childhood, I felt my dad should concur too

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 7:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
okechukwu101:

That's my school too. We are on the same page

Bro worry not , our TRV sure die.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
Carter001:

Bro worry not , our TRV sure die.....
it is likely we can't meet up for sept again.when this emotional tormenting on our TRV wan sure the die?please who knows schools for winter 2017 admission that is still open for MENG PROGRAM? biko..nu
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Carter001(m): 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
michV:
it is likely we can't meet up for sept again.when this emotional tormenting on our TRV wan sure the die?please who knows schools for winter 2017 admission that is still open for MENG PROGRAM? biko..nu

Bro, the wait is just disheartening , wish I could sue them like dat guy , I go sue all der workers for ghana (including gateman sef)......wassup on dat Uottawa u checked the other day ??....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 7:41pm On Aug 16, 2016
What a great read! It's noteworthy to see that some of the other cases referred to (as precedents) were Nigerian applicants who also sued CIC.
lawmerchant:
After six (6) refusals (aka delays) Mr Onyeka said 'enough is enough' and went to court smiley

Onyeka v Citizenship and Immigration Canada
http://canlii.ca/t/230rt
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 7:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
Btw, in some older posts some people suggested sending tweets to CIC as a way to get them to accelerate their processing time. I would suggest that the best way to do this is to get someone in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to file a direct complaint to CIC. While Nigeria has little diplomatic weight (we are just too disorganized and have a poor economy), any message or complaint by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to CIC will definitely be taken seriously by the Canadian government.

A processing time of 15 weeks is excessive, and I would even argue, heartless and willfully negligent towards Nigerian applicants.

Edited:
Anyone here know anyone in the Nigeria Ministry of Foreign Affairs (or in the higher rungs of the Federal Government)? Some of the applicants on this thread can come together to write a joint letter to someone in one of these top offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Federal Government. Another alternative is to write the letter to the Ambassador of Nigeria to Canada -- this actually might be the easier route.

If you think this is a good idea, respond to this message so we can get a headcount of whoever would be willing to cosign the letter. I can volunteer to draft the letter, and will put it in a Google Drive document that any of the cosignees can edit and then send (once we find the right person in the Nigerian government to send it to.)

cc: yemdogg, you are a lawyer abi? hehe.
cc: michV
cc: lawmerchant, you are a lawyer too?
All the lawyers on the forum, your help will be needed to assist in reading/writing the draft (assuming someone on here can find a Nigerian Federal official that is authorized to communicate directly to embassies or foreign governments).

13 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 8:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
thesoj:
Btw, in some older posts some people suggested sending tweets to CIC as a way to get them to accelerate their processing time. I would suggest that the best way to do this is to get someone in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to file a direct complaint to CIC. While Nigeria has little diplomatic weight (we are just too disorganized and have a poor economy), any message or complaint by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to CIC will definitely be taken seriously by the Canadian government.

A processing time of 15 weeks is excessive, and I would even argue, heartless and willfully negligent towards Nigerian applicants.

Edited:
Anyone here know anyone in the Nigeria Ministry of Foreign Affairs (or in the higher rungs of the Federal Government)? Some of the applicants on this thread can come together to write a joint letter to someone in one of these top offices of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Federal Government. Another alternative is to write the letter to the Ambassador of Nigeria to Canada -- this actually might be the easier route.

If you think this is a good idea, respond to this message so we can get a headcount of whoever would be willing to cosign the letter. I can volunteer to draft the letter, and will put it in a Google Drive document that any of the cosignees can edit and then send (once we find the right person in the Nigerian government to send it to.)

cc: yemdogg, you are a lawyer abi? hehe.
cc: michV
cc: lawmerchant, you are a lawyer too?
All the lawyers on the forum, your help will be needed to assist in reading/writing the draft (assuming someone on here can find a Nigerian Federal official that is authorized to communicate directly to embassies or foreign governments).

Boss this is a positive development and i am quite motivated.

I think moniker @seunskills was able to obtain a note verbal from the Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs some weeks back. Flowing from this I think he should be able to link us or provide us with channels or avenues to get in touch with the federal ministry of foreign affairs. (Baba seunskills am sorry for calling you out, it's not in my habit buh I strongly feel you can link us or give us meaningful info regarding how to get in touch with the ministry of foreign affairs)

Thesoj thank you for this. I personally have thought about it buh I was really doubtful if anyone would get on board with the idea. I was also mindful of the fact that most masters applicants and PhD applicants are fairly treated with respect attention to their application and timely response from CIC. It's just PGC/PGD applicants that are facing these challenges. So if we can reconcile that and we're able to get some peeps on board not just PGC/PGD applicants it will go along way to assist our cause.
Sincerely, yesterday I was tempted to write Canadian embassy and lodge a complaint with respect the unfair processing times faced by Nigerians.

Michv, lawmerchant where art thou?

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kento1234: 8:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
EWOOO!!!! CIC DOESNT WANT TO SEND ME MY PORT OF ENTRY LETTER O (P.O.E) AND I HAVE COLLECTED MY VISA SINCE 4TH OF AUGUST....
EPPPPP!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 8:36pm On Aug 16, 2016
Send an email to accra immigration; also send a CSE.That's what I did.
Accra sent me the puff via email and I also received it on my CIC account today.
So I received 2 POE letters. Jehovah bu Eze.
Don't keep quiet oo! Remind them, they are obviously busy.
Everything/stage concerning CIC requires fasting and prayer.
I thank God I'm done with them for now.

@thesoj you are just ignoring me.
@MichV you are next in line

quote author=Kento1234 post=48541653]EWOOO!!!! CIC DOESNT WANT TO SEND ME MY PORT OF ENTRY LETTER O (P.O.E) AND I HAVE COLLECTED MY VISA SINCE 4TH OF AUGUST....
EPPPPP!!![/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kento1234: 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2016
Thanks...How long did it take for them to respond to you??
NonelikeGod:
Send an email to accra immigration; also send a CSE.That's what I did.
Accra sent me the puff via email and I also received it on my CIC account today.

quote author=Kento1234 post=48541653]EWOOO!!!! CIC DOESNT WANT TO SEND ME MY PORT OF ENTRY LETTER O (P.O.E) AND I HAVE COLLECTED MY VISA SINCE 4TH OF AUGUST....
EPPPPP!!!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 16, 2016
@yemdogg and @thesoj i am just looking at the post but loss of thoughts and ideas.my head is full,emotion down.yes get that moniker @seunskills,we need him now.i think when i sleep and wake up tmrw,i ll be full of thoughts concerning this issue but for now my head is scattered. @NonelikeGod thanks.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kento1234: 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2016
Thanks...How long did it take for them to respond to you??[quote author=NonelikeGod post=48541882]Send an email to accra immigration; also send a CSE.That's what I did.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by NonelikeGod: 9:02pm On Aug 16, 2016
They got back to at noon today.
Started sending reminders last Thursday, sent another in Sunday , then sent 3 times yesterday because I kept forgetting to attach a copy of my visa page.

Kento1234:
Thanks...How long did it take for them to respond to you??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tuzinde(m): 9:03pm On Aug 16, 2016
michV:

Hi MichV, check Carleton university & Concordia university
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Victory1989(m): 9:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
Can I apply for a master degree programme in any Canadian university with a post graduate diploma degree in geology..as my CGPA is low (2.98) is low from my first degree?

I intend doing a post graduate diploma in Nigeria thereafter apply for a direct master instead of apply for college diploma again.

Please house advice me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by easyxtan: 9:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
emma4eva:
@ easyxtan

Don't mind my silly question, how did u go abt ur admission letter, it doesn't show as a pdf file on my Western school acct. Did u print out the page and scanned. Am lost on this matter.

My admission letter was sent as a pdf file so i just attached it directly,But i think it can also be printed out,scanned and attached.

(1) (2) (3) ... (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) (369) (370) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.