Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1011093 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 12:40am On Apr 20, 2016
when didi you apply? and what route...online or paper?
jydo466:
Please I have submitted my application and av been mail to come for medicals, so I went for my medicals, after getting tested the doctor said I'm okay and my result would be forwarded to Canada this week....please should I be assure my visa would be granted?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by OTUNBACODED: 12:56am On Apr 20, 2016
jydo466:
Please I have submitted my application and av been mail to come for medicals, so I went for my medicals, after getting tested the doctor said I'm okay and my result would be forwarded to Canada this week....please should I be assure my visa would be granted?

when did you apply please and what route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Jengbetiele: 4:16am On Apr 20, 2016
Yes it is for the first
Yes it is for the second question
I have a thread that answers all that....do you mind me referring you to the thread?
lilien001:
hi, I'm kinda new here but I'm interested in the issues being discussed. Pls I have a few questions. Is your study in Canada based on scholarship? If so, is it a full scholarship? How did you go about it?
P. S, I'm in my penultimate year in a Nigeria University
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Jengbetiele: 4:20am On Apr 20, 2016
I used to think it is possible because i arrived in the spring. Having spent fall semester and winter here, the truth is it is impossible!I dey always salute people who do 20hours per week and still get a passing grade self.
NewSheriff:
I just want to verify from the gurus in the house so I can plan properly. Can a student make enough money while schooling that can cover his school fees?

Cc: Amefrica Bobola8x Jengbetiele and anyone that has an answer to this question.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 20, 2016
Jengbetiele:
I used to think it is possible because i arrived in the spring. Having spent fall semester and winter here, the truth is it is impossible!I dey always salute people who do 20hours per week and still get a passing grade self.
Lol okay,thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by DanIndia(m): 8:23am On Apr 20, 2016
Were you able to fix this ? Try another browser. Use Firefox or Chrome.
And do check that all the files have been uploaded in the related files. You won't find the continue button if all the files have not been uploaded. Check that.
moufpeas:

Thanks bro....I still av issues o...I've been on d the computer virtually all day...tryna figure out ....I've uploaded all my documents but no "continue or submit" button on the page....I can only see "exit questionnaire" and if I can click it , it just logs me out of MyCIC ...and I really wanna submit today. ..I'm running out of time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by slimbeauty3: 9:16am On Apr 20, 2016
Hi, any reply from CIC?
gbemirado:
Hmmm, it well. I also applied on feb 8 and nothing yet. But i can't complain much cos january applicants r yet to get response as well. All i knw is dat it will end in praise IJN.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by blackhoney(f): 9:25am On Apr 20, 2016
greetings to everybody in the house am confused on wat to do am about to apply for my study permit visa which is for 2 years but my passport will expire in november immigration officers says I can't renew it until the validity is less than six month my sis said dey wouldn't give me a 2 years trv on DAT passport what should I do is dere a doc I can give to dem at d immigration office pls help oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dimson001: 9:28am On Apr 20, 2016
Hi all !!! Please I am NEW here I am REAL JJC, I have followed this thread all nite to this point and I must say I am getting the sketch I need to push. I intend to apply for a study permit, I already got an offer Humber so I need guide on the following:

1. Will my single application for a Study Permit cover an application for TRV, or should I also fill an application for TRV along side my application for a TRV.

2. Like I said am JJC, so please where can I get the Police Character Certificate in Lagos

3. When should I proceed with the Medical? should I do at the time of application or should I wait for them to request.

I need someone to guide me, I have more to ask, but let me start with this.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bombman: 9:45am On Apr 20, 2016
slimbeauty3:
Hi, any reply from CIC?
I applied on 8 February and got dispatched mail yesterday.i am yet to go for my passport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 9:47am On Apr 20, 2016
NewSheriff:
This one for a job. Though I saw some that were for visa processing. Maybe you should just get it at Alagbon to be on a safer side.
Please anyone with the idea of how much police extracts cost.I heard the one for embassy can only be processed in Alagbon....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 20, 2016
Dear all
I'm looking for a sponsor that can help with his/her account statement abeg
I don't want to involve my peeps for some reasons
I've gathered all my docs for application,the only thing pending is sponsor:s info

Awaiting your prompt response
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by snoop4dem: 10:10am On Apr 20, 2016
Hello guys I submitted my application 11th april and I got a mail to go for medicals. Done the medicals in ikoyi today and it costs just 28k. The cheapest I've seen for now. Just hope my trv will be approved sharp sharp

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by gbemirado: 10:13am On Apr 20, 2016
Nothing oooo. Nawa for dis online applications ooo. Both biometrics and medicals neva update. Hoping 4 d best sha.
slimbeauty3:
Hi, any reply from CIC?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by moufpeas(m): 10:25am On Apr 20, 2016
DanIndia:
Were you able to fix this ? Try another browser. Use Firefox or Chrome.
And do check that all the files have been uploaded in the related files. You won't find the continue button if all the files have not been uploaded. Check that.

Yes I fixed it ...thanks a bunch ....I submitted last night ...would be going for biometrics on Friday
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by steffans(m): 10:27am On Apr 20, 2016
Kirri:
Dear all
I'm looking for a sponsor that can help with his/her account statement abeg
I don't want to involve my peeps for some reasons
I've gathered all my docs for application,the only thing pending is sponsor:s info

Awaiting your prompt response
Thanks

U could have done self sponsor..

I pray u get someone that can help you out..

How will u explain ur relationship with a sponsor u don't know from Adam?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by moufpeas(m): 10:28am On Apr 20, 2016
bjmme:
Please anyone with the idea of how much police extracts cost.I heard the one for embassy can only be processed in Alagbon....
I did mine at alagbon for 5500 but it's negotiable tho....but I doubt if they will take anything less than 5k but make sure u dont pay more than 6k tho..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 10:47am On Apr 20, 2016
[b]LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SPRING - MAY 2016 AND FALL SEPTEMBER 2016)
1. stan658 ; Dec 16, Humber, PGC, online, medical passed DELAYED
2. Loriaidah : Dec 17, U of M , UG paper DELAYED
3. Buddie14 : Jan 8, U of W, PGD, paper1
4. Teos; Jan 13, U of Winnipeg, UG, Online. Medical Passed
5. mustiey: Jan 22, Conestoga, PGC, Online route
6. Lonzo: Jan 26, Mohawk college, PGC, online,medical passed
7. Bidemizoe : February 3, Fanshawe, PGC, Paper route, TRV APPROVED
8. Bosypumpin: Feb 9th, U of M, upfront medicals, Masters, online
9. Ethan45: Feb 8 Uni Regina ,UG, Online
10 Gbemirado: Feb 8, uni of ottawa, masters, online, medical upfront
11. Hayqnsbfx; Feb 17, Fashawe college, Upfront Med, PGC, Online
12. ahyotomiwa;Feb 18, U of R, Upfront med, Masc, Online
13. daveboiz ; feb 22, U of Winipeg, Upfront medical, UG, Online
14. Krisez: Feb 23 U of Winnipe Upfront medical, UG Online
15. Royat1: Feb 24 U of R Upfront medical, UG online
16. Ceemac: Feb 25 Western Uni, masters, Paper route TRV APPROVED
17. Hambio1985: Feb 26 SAIT, UG,Online
18. SegunWamiri: Feb 29, Humber college, PGC, Paper route, DELAYED
19. ikem01; march 08, U of Ottawa, Masters, Paper route
20; GeneralSnipper: March 10, U of NewBrunswick, Masters, Online
21. Cjrex501;march 30, U of Rcc Toronto, PGC, Online
22. Bjstarpex; march 03, mun, Masters, paper route, Medical request
23. Folafetty: March 23, Niagara College, paper route
24. Thedreamchaser: April 7, conestoga, PGC, Online
25.Sleemydriz: April 07 Brandon University, undergraduate paper route MEDICALS
26; Snoop4dem; April 11 , Univ of Victoria, masters, paper route MEDICALS
27: Grandcommander April 13, Conestoga College, PGC, Paper route, Upfront Medicals.
28 wayaa007: April 19, Georgian college, PGC, paper route [/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 11:03am On Apr 20, 2016
moufpeas:

I did mine at alagbon for 5500 but it's negotiable tho....but I doubt if they will take anything less than 5k but make sure u dont pay more than 6k tho..
thank you for the info.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by loriaidah(f): 11:06am On Apr 20, 2016
Tell them your applying for study visa. Just did mine that will be expiry next year march and was ask to pay additional #5k. It is well.

blackhoney:
greetings to everybody in the house am confused on wat to do am about to apply for my study permit visa which is for 2 years but my passport will expire in november immigration officers says I can't renew it until the validity is less than six month my sis said dey wouldn't give me a 2 years trv on DAT passport what should I do is dere a doc I can give to dem at d immigration office pls help oooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 20, 2016
bjmme:
It depends on your negotiating skills. Go with like 5k sha though it shouldn't be more than 3k or less
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by blackhoney(f): 12:03pm On Apr 20, 2016
loriaidah:
Tell them your applying for study visa. Just did mine that will be expiry next year march and was ask to pay additional #5k. It is well.

. pls @ where
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 12:16pm On Apr 20, 2016
moufpeas:

Kindly tell me the requirements for getting the PCC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 12:20pm On Apr 20, 2016
Bamz:

Kindly tell me the requirements for getting the PCC.
two passports and your international passport,that is what the guy in ikoyi said.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 12:27pm On Apr 20, 2016
bjmme:
two passports and your international passport,that is what the guy in ikoyi said.

Any regular passport photographs would do I assume, and not the one used at the Visa Processing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 12:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
loriaidah:
To God be the glory,I got my documents today and it is well with my soul.I was denial after 14wks plus on this
1-Travel history
2- family ties in Canada and home country
3- Purpose of visit.
Thank you all for your help and I will still need help on how to tackle this reasons please.
Will list the documents I send.

Hi there, I was just going through your posts. You seemed to have compiled a good application. Your app package would be similar to mine except that I would use only my employer.

You did not submit declaration of sponsorship from your employer.(financial issues were not ticked so maybe it's okay)

Did you prove the relationship with your husband and uncle properly?

Did your SOP clearly state your program and it's duration, and is it a progressive move considering your academic background and/or industrial experience?

What do personally feel you could have done differently considering the points they marked out. Number 1 is usually just thrown in there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2016
Hi all. Please can someone tell me what is a bank draft in convertible currency and how i can get one. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 12:53pm On Apr 20, 2016
aishate:
Hi all. Please can someone tell me what is a bank draft in convertible currency and how i can get one. Thanks

On a high level, you get a dorm account, get Fx in it, and request for a bank draft for some specified amount. When you reach your destination, you'll have to open a bank account and tender the bank draft for account crediting.

Bit similar to PTA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by cjrex501: 12:59pm On Apr 20, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
[b]LIST OF TRV HOPEFULS (SPRING - MAY 2016 AND FALL SEPTEMBER 2016)
1. stan658 ; Dec 16, Humber, PGC, online, medical passed DELAYED
2. Loriaidah : Dec 17, U of M , UG paper DELAYED
3. Buddie14 : Jan 8, U of W, PGD, paper1
4. Teos; Jan 13, U of Winnipeg, UG, Online. Medical Passed
5. mustiey: Jan 22, Conestoga, PGC, Online route
6. Lonzo: Jan 26, Mohawk college, PGC, online,medical passed
7. Bidemizoe : February 3, Fanshawe, PGC, Paper route, TRV APPROVED
8. Bosypumpin: Feb 9th, U of M, upfront medicals, Masters, online
9. Ethan45: Feb 8 Uni Regina ,UG, Online
10 Gbemirado: Feb 8, uni of ottawa, masters, online, medical upfront
11. Hayqnsbfx; Feb 17, Fashawe college, Upfront Med, PGC, Online
12. ahyotomiwa;Feb 18, U of R, Upfront med, Masc, Online
13. daveboiz ; feb 22, U of Winipeg, Upfront medical, UG, Online
14. Krisez: Feb 23 U of Winnipe Upfront medical, UG Online
15. Royat1: Feb 24 U of R Upfront medical, UG online
16. Ceemac: Feb 25 Western Uni, masters, Paper route TRV APPROVED
17. Hambio1985: Feb 26 SAIT, UG,Online
18. SegunWamiri: Feb 29, Humber college, PGC, Paper route, DELAYED
19. ikem01; march 08, U of Ottawa, Masters, Paper route
20; GeneralSnipper: March 10, U of NewBrunswick, Masters, Online
21. Cjrex501;march 30, U of Rcc Toronto, undergraduate, Online
22. Bjstarpex; march 03, mun, Masters, paper route, Medical request
23. Folafetty: March 23, Niagara College, paper route
24. Thedreamchaser: April 7, conestoga, PGC, Online
25.Sleemydriz: April 07 Brandon University, undergraduate paper route MEDICALS
26; Snoop4dem; April 11 , Univ of Victoria, masters, paper route MEDICALS
27: Grandcommander April 13, Conestoga College, PGC, Paper route, Upfront Medicals.
28 wayaa007: April 19, Georgian college, PGC, paper route [/b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kriss77: 1:04pm On Apr 20, 2016
gbemirado:
Nothing oooo. Nawa for dis online applications ooo. Both biometrics and medicals neva update. Hoping 4 d best sha.

beta u find solution to this...cos biometrics update usually doesn't take more than 24hrs....i hope there is no prob somewhr
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bosypumpin: 1:54pm On Apr 20, 2016
Veullez patentier
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bosypumpin: 2:03pm On Apr 20, 2016
@jydo466 Veullez patentier

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (403)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.