Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1012430 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by edwinbiz(m): 3:19pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hello, anyone coming to Regina Saskatchewan? Please send me a dm.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by koyabride: 3:27pm On Apr 21, 2016
stinux:
Yes you can apply with your son. People have done that here successfully. Just proof that you have factored your son into your cost of living in Canada.

Read previous posts for better understanding.

thanks. will do that. though will take a while to read through all the posts.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by koyabride: 3:27pm On Apr 21, 2016
stinux:
Yes you can apply with your son. People have done that here successfully. Just proof that you have factored your son into your cost of living in Canada.

Read previous posts for better understanding.

thanks. will do that. though will take a while to read through all the posts.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Royat1(m): 3:28pm On Apr 21, 2016
[quote author=edwinbiz post=44911384]Hello, anyone coming to Regina Saskatchewan? Please send me a dm
am going to Regina too but am still expecting my trv, are u schooling at U of R ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by blackhoney(f): 3:31pm On Apr 21, 2016
does anyone here HV admission to Lethbridge college?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Toluwaase(m): 3:50pm On Apr 21, 2016
Thank you very much everyone for helpful answers you have been providing.

I need to ask if I can apply for TRV with a passport that will expire in October for September term.

Secondly, I had a scholarship of 30,000 CAD/year which will cover my tuition and upkeep, and so far I have got an assurance from my cooperative that 2,000,000 Naira can be provided as loan apart from the money in my account? They are ready to back this up with a letter, Am I good to go with this for funding?

Or do I need to provide addition proof of fund to the embassy?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by gbemirado: 3:53pm On Apr 21, 2016
Since lonzo got his reply, u should be next. Be prepared. By next week, u should h3ar from dem. It is well....
slimbeauty3:
Mine February 02,nothing, still waiting
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lonzo(m): 4:14pm On Apr 21, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
Sorry about that
With what uve learnt I'm sure u equipped to refire.
By the way is it only purpose of visit?

Teos and mustiey any news from you guys?

Yes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 4:19pm On Apr 21, 2016
look into how you told your story as regards the UG in computer science and the 5 years experience in business project management coupled with you seeking to obtain a PGC in international business management.
that i believe is where the VO didnt get convinced about your purpose..
lonzo:

Yes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dmines22: 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hello.....!!!!! God's grace and favour to you all

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MsLee: 4:28pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hello House,

Am new at this thread. Please i need urgent reply. I'm filling my study permit form and i have few questions...Please see questions below

1. Is it compulsory to have a sponsor? (cos the form says you must have at least $10,000 CAD in my account which i do and i have paid my tuition fee)

2. My sponsor is not a family member, how do i prove relationship?

3. What's the minimum amount that can be in my sponsor's account?

4. They are requesting for birth certificate for each family member.... i find this very unnecessary

Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by beteek: 5:07pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hi People.

I got a mail from CIC this afternoon that my application has been updated but going to my account, I see nothing!!!!!

why would they send such mail when they got nothing for me yet. Please guys, advice me.

Man don dey on this matter since feb 4th.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Dkynt: 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2016
Please house am a new member here, i got my offer letter on saturday and am suppose to start my visa processing soonest, please i dont have a sponsor that would show his statement of account. Please guys, gurus i do i go about it. I need a sponsor. God bless u. My application is for september, 2016. Thanks. I would appreciate suggestions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Holu26: 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2016
blackhoney:

I know a very good friend of mine that has an admission in Lethbridge college though she isn't on nairaland. I am in UofL so if u have any questions about Lethbridge, I am just a dm away
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bosypumpin: 5:17pm On Apr 21, 2016
YAAAAAY, praise God!
@beteek of feb 4th got a mail- whatever the tag given to the mail- update or whatever, ehn ehn, it is getting closer to us oooooo.

Good news all the way.

NB: i did something funny yesterday. I checked my account and found I never checked the part the "receive monthly update' thing.
So, I clicked it and few minutes later, I got my first 2 mails from cic " there is no update @ this moment" grin
I started smiling at my small prank
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hello house

I've been offered admission for an Ontario graduate certificate course at HUMBER college(supply chain management to be precise) anyone with info on scholarship/grants for this program?(Financial aid basically?
I have searched tirelessly and found nothing at the moment
Any information will be highly appreciated
I'm currently serving and don't want to involve family

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 5:30pm On Apr 21, 2016
lonzo:

Yes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by o2(f): 5:30pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hello House,
Is there anyone who has applied before online for study permit, without submitting a police clearance certificate? Someone i know just submitted without and there is no way she could upload it. Pls help somebody.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SegunWamiri(m): 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2016
lonzo:
Hello Guys

Just got news from CIC now

Refused based on Purpose of Visit.

After 12 weeks

So oya make una show me how to conquer Purpose of visit oo

Haaa, o ga ooo. Purpose of visit shaaaa. Sorry about the wait plus disappointment. Have you paid school fees/deposit though or let me ask if your school asked you to pay any?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 5:36pm On Apr 21, 2016
lonzo:

Yes
Not every closed door is locked,sometimes you only need to push....correct ur error and refire

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 5:42pm On Apr 21, 2016
beteek:
Hi People.

I got a mail from CIC this afternoon that my application has been updated but going to my account, I see nothing!!!!!

why would they send such mail when they got nothing for me yet. Please guys, advice me.

Man don dey on this matter since feb 4th.

From experience they are working on your file, you will hear from them soonest
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by donsunnyjjayy(m): 5:46pm On Apr 21, 2016
Kirri:
Hello house

I've been offered admission for an Ontario graduate certificate course at HUMBER college(supply chain management to be precise) anyone with info on scholarship/grants for this program?(Financial aid basically?
I have searched tirelessly and found nothing at the moment
Any information will be highly appreciated
I'm currently serving and don't want to involve family

Thanks in anticipation

Humber offers a couple of international entrance scholarships for international students. The deadline is may 20
" Please return to your acceptance package. Locate the Table of Contents. Locate the Applying for a Scholarship page (#12). Read and comply with the instructions on that page."
All the best!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Testimonies: 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2016
Toluwaase:

I need to ask if I can apply for TRV with a passport that will expire in October for September term.

Secondly, I had a scholarship of 30,000 CAD/year which will cover my tuition and upkeep, and so far I have got an assurance from my cooperative that 2,000,000 Naira can be provided as loan apart from the money in my account? They are ready to back this up with a letter, Am I good to go with this for funding?

Sorry I had to come in.
U can check a moniker named "holyjacket" I guess. Same case as yours.
You already have full funding that takes care of every form of expenses. You don't want to complicate your application.
All you need do is make sure you submit relevant documents that indicate you have not been idle and then a statement of account (at least #100k) which shows u have been earning smthg.
Holyjacket(PhD applicant) applied with just a statement of 300k with the funding he got from U of A and he got his visa and some other PhD applicants.
And to think of the fact that u r going for a PhD program. Neva seen where a credible PhD applicant was ever denied(@ least not on dis thread) as they know u have got some potentials to have landed the funding and of course, those are the kind of people they want in their country.
Please don't complicate ur app for any reason.
#My 2cent.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by pampem: 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2016
bosypumpin:
YAAAAAY, praise God!
@beteek of feb 4th got a mail- whatever the tag given to the mail- update or whatever, ehn ehn, it is getting closer to us oooooo.

Good news all the way.

NB: i did something funny yesterday. I checked my account and found I never checked the part the "receive monthly update' thing.
So, I clicked it and few minutes later, I got my first 2 mails from cic " there is no update @ this moment" grin
I started smiling at my small prank
grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sholay2011(m): 6:28pm On Apr 21, 2016
Testimonies:

Sorry I had to come in.
U can check a moniker named "holyjacket" I guess. Same case as yours.
You already have full funding that takes care of every form of expenses. You don't want to complicate your application.
All you need do is make sure you submit relevant documents that indicate you have not been idle and then a statement of account (at least #100k) which shows u have been earning smthg.
Holyjacket(PhD applicant) applied with just a statement of 300k with the funding he got from U of A and he got his visa and some other PhD applicants.
And to think of the fact that u r going for a PhD program. Neva seen where a credible PhD applicant was ever denied(@ least not on dis thread) as they know u have got some potentials to have landed the funding and of course, those are the kind of people they want in their country.
Please don't complicate ur app for any reason.
#My 2cent.
Well said.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Naturalized(m): 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2016
Toluwaase:

Oga, try and renew your passport. Keep in mind CIC wont issue u a visa past your passport expiry date. Someone on the last page(or two) gave an idea on the process you could use to have it renewed. Dont add going to Ottawa to your would-be busy schedule when you get here.

The other part of your question i belive @Testimonies answered aptly. All the best!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kennynelcon(m): 7:37pm On Apr 21, 2016
Toluwaase:

Nice...read through other post on full scholarship. since you are on full scholarship, 2m is enough or too much.

which school are you going to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iammartinzo(m): 7:40pm On Apr 21, 2016
blackhoney:
Guess you are coming to lethbridge college..... am at the University
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by o2(f): 8:38pm On Apr 21, 2016
o2:
Hello House,
Is there anyone who has applied before online for study permit, without submitting a police clearance certificate? Someone i know just submitted without and there is no way she could upload it. Pls help somebody.
hello anybody
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by domex007: 8:59pm On Apr 21, 2016
abestine:
Is there anybody here heading to U of Manitoba this fall?

Yes I will be going to Manitoba this fall, I have gotten the admission letter need help with the visa processing. My agent charge is outrageous...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 21, 2016
o2:
hello anybody
You can attach the certificate to your letter of explanation

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Justbusiness: 9:38pm On Apr 21, 2016
Anyone have idea on how a Nurse in Nigeria can migrate to Canada ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (403)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.