Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,376 members, 7,861,034 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:38 PM

Job Abroad Vs Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Job Abroad Vs Marriage (750 Views)

Love Vs Marriage (religion & Compatibility) – Part 1 / 100k Job In Nigeria Vs Marriage In Nigeria Vs Hussling Abroad...xo Xo Confused . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Abroad Vs Marriage by trimandtrendy(f): 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2009
hi,

i need some advice oh. I am a dr here in naija, i recently got a job in abroad (America) which would help further my career, and also pays about 4 times of what i earn here.
The problem is my parents. they called me to give me along talk of how it is not safe to travel out when you are not married, that i run the risk of staying single for ever. I have a bf now, but we cannot get married due to some health reasons, so practically i am single.

Do you guys think I should stay back? I tried to explain to them that my staying back is no guarantee that i would meet someone soon enough, besides i might meet a person there, but they refused. I just want to hear your point of views.

Thank you
Re: Job Abroad Vs Marriage by spoilt(f): 11:28pm On Jul 28, 2009
More opportunities abroad for medical doctors.
Re: Job Abroad Vs Marriage by Igwe9(m): 11:46pm On Jul 28, 2009
I'd suggest you follow your dreams ,almost more than 22 yrs stay in naija without any known serious suitor,I think traveling to abroad would even increase your chances of getting married to a better man,
besides, OMO IBO and co are all there, i heard most of them are still single, only just beware of sweet tongues grin
Re: Job Abroad Vs Marriage by touchmeder: 11:55pm On Jul 28, 2009
Follow your heart please its the same UK and America that some Nigerians are marrying themselves. you can never tell the way your case would go. God works in mysterious ways they say. Dont join the bandwagon of people(or make them put fear into your heart) that keep talking of no men abroad or men who come home to marry women. its never the same problem for everyone.
Re: Job Abroad Vs Marriage by MrWaters: 5:26am On Jul 29, 2009
marriage determine where a woman goes dear

(1) (Reply)

Does Love Still Really Exist / Condom Failure And How To Avoid It / How To Make Her Wondering If You Like Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.