Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy (3239 Views)

See The List Of Samsung Phones That'll Get Android 8.0 Update / Tecno Phones Are Not Working In USA, See Instant Solutions! / Computer Village: See Why Prices Of Mobile Phones Are On The Increase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by Nobody: 1:05am On Apr 02, 2016
Since i started using phone my first phone to buy manufacturer is Nokia and after then i always wish to buy Samsung phone but their phones prices is pursuing Imagine Samsung J1 ace N28,000 phone of 512 RAM Samsung grand prime is N42,000 a phone of 1GB RAM is their phones are very extremely than other phone manufacturer because i don't know am thinking Xiaomi redmi 2 a phone of 1GB RAM for N25,000 is too much that Samsung J1 ace scatter everything
Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by Ovie56(m): 1:45am On Apr 02, 2016
Number 1 reason is Quality
2 why is Tantilizer food costlier than Iya Basira that doesn't use maggi to cook sweet food...

Bros in business Branding and Packaging is really Important

5 Likes

Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by rottennaija(m): 6:38am On Apr 02, 2016
Let Samsung keep branding. I'll rather use the 28k to get a 2g ram phone with higher specs from another device and enjoy the value of my money than buy a Samsung 1g or 750mb ram phone that will keep complaining of memory shortages

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by kossyablaze(m): 7:33am On Apr 02, 2016
Ovie56:
Number 1 reason is Quality
2 why is Tantilizer food costlier than Iya Basira that doesn't use maggi to cook sweet food...

Bros in business Branding and Packaging is really Important
He dunno
Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by lilmax(m): 8:02am On Apr 02, 2016
If Samsung is expensive I wonder what HTC is

2 Likes

Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by Baroba(m): 8:45am On Apr 02, 2016
Brand name, Financial power, availability, quality after sale support, good hardware, marketing and advertising remember the bundling of Jay z's magna carta album in one million devices, they paid 5 million for it.. Somehow they have to recoup that money back..

I still think there phones are overpriced..
Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 02, 2016
lilmax:
If Samsung is expensive I wonder HTC is
exactly. Thunder fire htc.(High Tech Crap)
Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by Booyakasha(f): 9:01am On Apr 02, 2016
Quality >>> Quantity
Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by hopeforcharles(m): 9:15am On Apr 02, 2016
Baroba:
Brand name, Financial power, availability, quality after sale support, good hardware, marketing and advertising remember the bundling of Jay z's magna carta album in one million devices, they paid 5 million for it.. Somehow they have to recoup that money back..

I still think there phones are overpriced..

Samsung phones are like 7up the difference is clear. Once u handle Samsung and other phones u will see the difference, real HD display, innovative and out worldly features, solid premium parts, software support and a host of other, I am super tech savvy I can't find myself using another product if not Samsung.

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 02, 2016
More like asking why apple products are quite expensive !!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by TheAziz: 9:32am On Apr 02, 2016
yeah their products are expensive buh they are credible and their devices are durable

Samsung all the way
Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by 2kurupt(m): 10:08am On Apr 02, 2016
All this talk about quality, durability, features etc like other brands like Sony, HTC, LG, etc don't have those. I can tell you that other less popular brands don't offer less since they all mostly use the same suppliers & sometimes assembly plants too.

In marketing it's called Brand Positioning. It's a concept used by producers to make consumers see their products in a certain perspective. It's the same concept used by Vertu, Apple etc, funny Nigerians always associate high product cost to high quality.
Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by v4vendetta: 10:18am On Apr 02, 2016
Funny thing again is that even their fairly used phones are expensive too,imagine Samsung note 1 for 27k grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by myungidbaloxy: 10:22am On Apr 02, 2016
TOP 10 TIPS NEEDED BEFORE APPLYING FOR GOOGLE ADSENSE
http://www.techsparkhub.com/2016/04/top-10-tips-needed-before-applying-for.html
Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by Tallesty1(m): 1:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
Because they come with over hyped features that you may never use.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by olagamalin(m): 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2016
Iamtosignno:
Since i started using phone my first phone to buy manufacturer is Nokia and after then i always wish to buy Samsung phone but their phones prices is pursuing Imagine Samsung J1 ace N28,000 phone of 512 RAM Samsung grand prime is N42,000 a phone of 1GB RAM is their phones are very extremely than other phone manufacturer because i don't know am thinking Xiaomi redmi 2 a phone of 1GB RAM for N25,000 is too much that Samsung J1 ace scatter everything
Expensive is relative though .....it's a subjective thingy. All generalizations are false (especially this)
Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 02, 2016
Like I use to say, the only time it is worth buying a Samsung or HTC is when u are buying their flagship phones like galaxy s and note series. When buying a low end or even mid range phones u are better off buying other brands like xioami, meizu, gionee or even tecno and infinix.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 03, 2016
I tire for Samsung phone shey i fi go buy London used and will it still be durable
Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by Xhaka(m): 3:04pm On Apr 03, 2016
Iamtosignno:
I tire for Samsung phone shey i fi go buy London used and will it still be durable
If you wanna enjoy your device, get a new one.
But if you want a good second hand, go for Gionee, Tecno, Xiaomi e.t.c..

1 Like

Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
Xhaka:

If you wanna enjoy your device, get a new one.
But if you want a good second hand, go for Gionee, Tecno, Xiaomi e.t.c..
I reject to use Gionee and Tecno phone again currently am using Gionee M3 Mini the phone worst it battery drain so fast
Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by Youngpo413: 7:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
greenhulk:
Like I use to say, the only time it is worth buying a Samsung or HTC is when u are buying their flagship phones like galaxy s and note series. When buying a low end or even mid range phones u are better off buying other brands like xioami, meizu, gionee or even tecno and infinix.
you are very correct.
Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by optimised: 9:30pm On Apr 03, 2016
Iamtosignno:
I reject to use Gionee and Tecno phone again currently am using Gionee M3 Mini the phone worst it battery drain so fast
For 25k I'll recommend this for you.
Xiaomi gives quality at bare prices.
www.nairaland.com/2961411/xiaomi-redmi-2-unboxing-concise
Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by Nobody: 4:33am On Apr 04, 2016
optimised:

For 25k I'll recommend this for you.
Xiaomi gives quality at bare prices.
www.nairaland.com/2961411/xiaomi-redmi-2-unboxing-concise
This phone is expensive though 1GB of RAM for N25,000
Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by Xhaka(m): 12:51pm On Apr 04, 2016
Iamtosignno:
Ask anyone who use L5 about the battery life, you'll be impressed.
Re: Why Is That Samsung Phones Are Over Expensive To Buy by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
Xhaka:

Ask anyone who use L5 about the battery life, you'll be impressed.
OK I hear

(1) (Reply)

Whatsapp Live Location Tracking Feature Lets You Track Real Location Of Contacts / See The Beautiful Painting Done With The Infinix Note 5 Stylus / Tecno Pouvoir 2 4g Lte Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.