Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 (73134 Views)

Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by hustla(m): 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2016
kobonaire:

Actually, their lecturers are paid quite a competitive salary:
Senior lecturer can make up to N5M/annum
while a professor can make up to N7M/annum
sauce: http://covenantuniversity.edu.ng/content/download/19247/124369/file/CU%20Academic%20Staff%20Advert.pdf

Boss I finished from there and I was still there some weeks ago to submit a proposal
Spoke to some of my mates who now work there and they complained about the salary
Hall officers, Jnr Staff and co aren't very well paid
Of cos professors and senior lecturers will be well paid, I've always known that

1 Like

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by samju100(m): 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2016
martolux:
let them reduce their fee to what an average Nigerian parents can afford and see if there would be increase in d no of applicants or not.
Try to get to that position and try to create one and let see how it work.
Real education is expensive bro
The poverty in the Nation caused all this analysis.
Go and ask ur politician how dey spend our money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by teawhy2788(m): 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2016
Mass comm,799,500! Huumm! In Mapoly mass comm I believe
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by SirAweezy(m): 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
obiaguna:

Lol why is LBS an exception?

I didn't go to LBS... I have friends who are already producing result from what they got there and I am proud of that... I am not 100% sarcastic about Schools in Nigeria, what I don't like is hyping what is not worth it. (I am always rational with my Judgments)
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by obiaguna(m): 6:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
Not that I believe those amounts written there but you can't blame the school entirely. If some of you owned private institutions, I'm sure you'ld charge the same fees as the one CU is charging. Fed schools are already subsidized by the govt and they have huge running costs all paid for by the FG and nobody gets to hear about it. Private schools on the other hand have to foot all their bills by themselves including electricity, fuelling, maintenance, building construction and salaries. You think these bills come cheap. It's for those that can afford it and not meant to everybody. If you can fine, if you can't then it's fine as well.

Pls CU is a quality school as well. Students well connected and placed in good positions in the private sector. Isn't that why I would want to cough out 5 million to get an MBA in LBS rather than Unilag? Abeg make we yarn another story

1 Like

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by obiaguna(m): 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2016
SirAweezy:

I didn't go to LBS... I have friends who are already producing result from what they got there and I am proud of that... I am not 100% sarcastic about Schools in Nigeria, what I don't like is hyping what is not worth it. (I am always rational with my Judgments)

Well the OP didn't hype anything. I just checked the first page and I'm seeing tuition fees. What you think is not worth it is your personal business really. Cheers.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Paulchris(m): 6:52pm On Apr 03, 2016
OMG
#814k
With that ,i will pay my school fees,off camp accomodation fee,dept dues,drink coke and egg role throughtout my 5years stay in FUTO...............and finally,

employers go recognize me pass am
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Mayflowa(m): 6:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
gentleagu:

Of all the comments I've read on this post, you are the only reasonable person. People are indeed ignorant. Federal and state unis are subsidized. Go through schools abroad and see the fees for yourself

Thank you. I actually do not wanna bring in western school tuition in. Check out Ghanaian and South African schools' fees, you would be amazed!
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by tbenny: 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2016
How many of their members can afford it? So how else can they be a blessing in d society apart from spiritual ministration? They should remember the days of little beginning and beginners wit them.

1 Like

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by feran15(m): 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2016
SirAweezy:

Personally sir, I was part of those who wrote the Tax thesis for lagos which your FG are now adopting... though glory went to someone else. Though when you look at the theory it looks more like the USA own or old Roman empires but something new was infused because of the Dynamism in nature and environment.

i see. you only know this because you wrote one. in sure professors federal universities will know of what is actually happening in cu but unfortunately we don't always sing our praises on nairaland.

i have personally heard of some things invented and some new innovations here in cu from our vice chancellor but i as a student have not seen it.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by alfsalami: 6:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
Fred Ajidua partners in religion department
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by feran15(m): 6:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
tbenny:
How many of their members can afford it? So how else can they be a blessing in d society apart from spiritual ministration? They should remember the days of little beginning and beginners wit them.

you think their church members cant afford it?..
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by RobinHez(m): 6:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
seguno2:

The link you provided for Harvard is for Financial AID, not so?
Do you that most students do NOT pay the posted amount of $72,000 because they get scholarship from the SMALL and big donations of their alumni and FOUNDER(S) of the school?
Is that the case of Covenant and the other church-owned schools in Nigeria?
If not, why not?

LOL.. this is funny. cheesy
Anyways ur answer is provided in the first page..
kcwitch:

Be informed before you speak sir. There is a full scholarship programme for the poor amongst other welfare platforms. Be informed before conclusion. Get all the premises first.

Moreover, how many INVENTIONS have been made by Harvard students and graduates? Has ANY been made by Covenant students to justify the high amount paid?
Wow! When did the assurance that you'll be given the "ability to invent" become a prerequisite before one would agree to pay such school fees? undecided

Anyways here is an invention from a CU student which would be most beneficial to Nigerians considering the power issues we face. tongue

http://www.theheraldng.com/how-this-covenant-university-alumnis-ground-breaking-invention-will-make-your-life-easier-nepalessiron/

2 Likes

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by pwettiejay(f): 6:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
Wow! That's a huge amount yhu know
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by SirAweezy(m): 7:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
feran15:

i see. you only know this because you wrote one. in sure professors federal universities will know of what is actually happening in cu but unfortunately we don't always sing our praises on nairaland.

i have personally heard of some things invented and some new innovations here in cu from our vice chancellor but i as a student have not seen it.

Please try and see it... it will go along way. I use to come to CU for some public lectures some years ago, and there was a time they told us they invented a solar car or so. But that was the end of it!
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by RobinHez(m): 7:02pm On Apr 03, 2016
sallylet:
Take a look at the world richest pple,did they pays sch fee to even get rich,shame on sch mehn! I'm ohk with my Bsc .more money on my mind. #Entrepreneur
cry
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by oismail(m): 7:02pm On Apr 03, 2016
I wonder how many of their church goers are attending the school.

1 Like

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Draxler: 7:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
adepiero:
I believe and accept every part about them going for further studies abroad due to exposure but for the part which has to do with brain capacity, I still maintain my stand that they are dullards! Say for a few that might be exceptionally brilliant amongst them.

I work in a company that has over a thousand plus in staff strenght and if we segregate by school, CU has a hand full. If you compare what they do with others, you'll be appalled.

It might seem like am beefing but I have to take statistics from what I see daily and the ones in my work place are just a bunch of zeros
Dude that's your company now. Maybe your company employed the worst of the worst of cu graduates because we all know that their certificate is respected. I know quite a lot of brilliant graduates from there

1 Like

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by feran15(m): 7:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
SirAweezy:

Please try and see it... it will go along way. I use to come to CU for some public lectures some years ago, and there was a time they told us they invented a solar car or so. But that was the end of it!

Iyh.. i guess they never follow up on any of their inventions.

but ill take your advice and search them out.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Draxler: 7:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
Paulchris:
OMG
#814k
With that ,i will pay my school fees,off camp accomodation fee,dept dues,drink coke and egg role throughtout my 5years stay in FUTO...............and finally,

employers go recognize me pass am
There is no university rating that would put FUTO higher than Covenant. Either webometrics or NUC
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by RobinHez(m): 7:06pm On Apr 03, 2016
Bookiemart01:
For the records, the fact that I attended OAU does not imply I do not have the financial capability to pay fees charged by these private University. CU school fee was about 400k when I graduated from school so don't come with the stale affordability thing,

I know I cannot compare OAU to Harvard but you comparing OAU with CU is like comparing someone who just died with another that fainted.I'll rather attend Harvard than pay so much as school fee in a GLORIFIED SECONDARY SCHOOL called private university.

Maybe you should tell me why you would attend CU instead of OAU.
I served in one of the private universities so you'll need to give me solid reasons why you think CU is better than OAU or any other Government owned University. Do not include STRIKES please.

I KNOW JAMB/UTME MIGHT HAVE DEALT WITH YOU. tongue

this is a pathetic example of 'poisoning the well' fallacy. U haven't proved any point yet! undecided
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Draxler: 7:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
Pedagogue:

Well-tempered words.

You studied in "another government university". Does it have a name? I expressly mentioned OAU cos I'm forever proud of dt great citadel.

You see, OAU is not just another govt univers
ity!

My grouse is with a 'funny' comment that Covenant is better than OAU! It is laughable. There's, for now, no basis for comparison. My job spec makes it impossible for me not to understand d standard of our uni's. Although no Nigerian Uni deserves any special commendation, there are 3 or 4 Uni's that still churn out good grads.

I'm still waiting for that boy's reply.

Can we start comparing them based on international standards? Ill tell you why cu is comparable to OAU if you're ready
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by RobinHez(m): 7:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
Draxler:

There is no university rating that would put FUTO higher than Covenant. Either webometrics or NUC
Chai grin
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by sam2dok2020: 7:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
Christian school for children of thief's called politicians, poor man pay tithe and offering but can't attend his church school.

I still don't understand but God knows best.

1 Like

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Egie4real: 7:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
LordIsaac:
So, almost a million to study Chemistry per annum yet non of them has invented anything just like myself who studied in UniJos!
Basically two things make private universities in Nigeria to thrive: Ease of admission and no strike sessions! I guess that's what parents are paying that huge bucks for, not necessarily the quality of education!

1 Like

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by jossyphobia(m): 7:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
<(>) che na Master degree or PhD
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by johndanny(m): 7:25pm On Apr 03, 2016
LordIsaac:
So, almost a million to study Chemistry per annum yet non of them has invented anything just like myself who studied in UniJos!
if to say i see you now i for just buy u a bottle of Origin..

1 Like

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Draxler: 7:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
LordIsaac:
How do you know they didn't invent anything? Did u go there to check or are you just hating?

1 Like

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by KweenSisan(f): 7:38pm On Apr 03, 2016
RobinHez:
No offence bro. But This is the most senseless comment I've read on Nairaland. smiley
..yeah!...dis one is strong
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by LordIsaac(m): 7:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
All the people equating paper work with concrete inventions; that's why our society is still woeful. Even the Pastor Oyedepo said we have too many worthless Ph.d's. Cos if u call those our sad looking lecturers successful, God knows I don't want to be like them. As for me, I'd rather invent happiness than recycle worthless papers!

2 Likes

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
The way school fees of privates sch take high ehn no b small.

just d other day i was speaking with someone from anoda private institution and i tld him @ a point in my school back then i was paying N7,800 per session as school fees which covers accomodation also. altho a fed govt sch. and d guy was like is dat pocket money?
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by IYANGBALI: 8:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
So they doesn't do medicine? I wants to read medicine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

100 Possible Questions From Jamb Sweet Sixteen / Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot / Anambra State University Exam Questions For Final Year Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.