Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences - Education (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences (245223 Views)

2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application / 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now / NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by rogerdavid: 8:09pm On Jun 04, 2016
doctortam:
Did mine today.....the medical exam wasn't as initially reported.....guess it was changed....there was just one anaesthesia question, no question on cardiomyopathy.....most questions were from the basic medical sciences like anatomy, physio and biochemistry. There were few clinical questions. Folks who are not doctors were mostly affected.... Saw scores like 2, 7, 18 etc. I had 25....I hope it ll be enough.

Great score, doctortam. I had 16. There was no question out of the 50 that I did not guess.

3 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by VicWonder: 8:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
Is a score of 32 for engineering enough to sail through to interview stage for PhD?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by VicWonder: 8:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
For civil engineers thr questions were so unfriendly. No single civil question, not even common maximum bending or shear force of a simply supported beam. The questions favoured electrical, mechanical and a few chemical engineers.

Shame on the test organisers, if anyone relevant from NDDC sees this please find a way to factor the lapses from the examiners into your interview call up list and perhaps consider using a different agent next year. There are too many legitimate complaints about the format and organisation of this years test.

3 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by henwi: 9:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
Please are there still applicants writing the test on Monday, 6th June? Very urgent plss
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by ND4Best(m): 9:05pm On Jun 04, 2016
Most people failed because they refused to ask questions. Most especially those that wrote the second day. In a competitive test like this, you must be friendly with people. Last year results was a bite high when compared to this year. Most people passed. NO COMPLAIN from applicants despite that fact the organization was poor. They repeated all questions last year. NDDC used Mr.Godson. he was applauded. This year, they also consulted Mr. Godson.Now, he employed the same approach used in 2015, applicants are complaining about method they once applauded. I was against this approach last year, most applicants misunderstood me. I guess they can see the adverse effect now. Any way, I wish u all success.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by faith2ogesco(m): 9:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
so they changed questions. lmao.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by bassey24: 9:38pm On Jun 04, 2016
dexter1983:
Testing ICT with purely computer architecture(major computer engineering) without questions from networking,database,programming,security,web etc is so so wrong.

The organisers of the exams did a bad job in this regard if the test is to chose the best.
I agree with you dexter1983 .. I guess the prof who was contacted to set those computer questions has a major in computer architecture.
He just dogged into computer architecture and Operating system and concentrated all his questions therein ..
I can assure you that those questions were/are not pragmatic and very low leveled.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by jezrel90(f): 9:49pm On Jun 04, 2016
ND4Best:
Most people failed because they refused to ask questions. Most especially those that wrote the second day. In a competitive test like this, you must be friendly with people. Last year results was a bite high when compared to this year. Most people passed. NO COMPLAIN from applicants despite that fact the organization was poor. They repeated all questions last year. NDDC used Mr.Godson. he was applauded. This year, they also consulted Mr. Godson.Now, he employed the same approach used in 2015, applicants are complaining about method they once applauded. I was against this approach last year, most applicants misunderstood me. I guess they can see the adverse effect now. Any way, I wish u all success.
I have forwarded an email to the hierarchy of NDDC, but I will be expecting an honest review from a few of you guys to back it up. Doing so, Im sure all these will change next year. Its either the organisers sit-up or get kicked out. We cant be chanting "CHANGE" and insist on unjust ways.
So far I have compiled these observations:
1. Questions repetition (buggish-Algorithm)
2. Unfair selection process (A lot of high potential candidates will be unfairly dropped)
3. Test not standardized (This goes against standard International practices)
Lets wait and see what the selection process will be like. **fingers-crossed**
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by jezrel90(f): 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2016
professorgome:

Man, just imagine a field like ICT. See those questions, the organizers decided to narrow their brains to about 4 or so topics in ICT. So bad. I've never written this kind of exam before. Computer is too broad to limit yourself to those trash called questions. And you called yourself an examiner.
Exactly my point... If you're using a skill based test, let it be. If you're using an aptitude test, then let it be. You cant appraise a candidate's performance potential using just one topic, this is not classwork. Its a NO-NO.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by jezrel90(f): 10:14pm On Jun 04, 2016
dyydxx:
I agree with Jezrel90.

I was the first to do on Thursday and I scored 30. All my friends that did the next day had from 45 to 50/50. Yes I know someone that got 50/50. They had solve everything before going in. Obviously they would get called and us that score low won't go anywhere. Not fair at all.
VINDICATED!

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by logho: 10:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
doctortam:
Did mine today.....the medical exam wasn't as initially reported.....guess it was changed....there was just one anaesthesia question, no question on cardiomyopathy.....most questions were from the basic medical sciences like anatomy, physio and biochemistry. There were few clinical questions. Folks who are not doctors were mostly affected.... Saw scores like 2, 7, 18 etc. I had 25....I hope it ll be enough.
You are a medical Doctor,so the questions were not strange and you scored 25.Imagine those who studiedMicrobiology,Biochemistry etc.I scored 19 and i studied Microbiology

3 Likes

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by henwi: 11:05pm On Jun 04, 2016
Please are there still applicants writing the test on Monday, 6th June? Very urgent plss
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by rufus1555: 11:58pm On Jun 04, 2016
logho:

You are a medical Doctor,so the questions were not strange and you scored 25.Imagine those who studiedMicrobiology,Biochemistry etc.I scored 19 and i studied Microbiology

Microbiologist you could have done better in environmental science. Though good luck cheers

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by dexter1983(m): 1:20am On Jun 05, 2016
stepo707:

Did you write today or Thursday?Thursday questions were so so annoying

Today
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Impactpato(m): 5:35am On Jun 05, 2016
toprealman:
u will be fine bro.....what's ur field?
mechanical Engr...scored 27
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by aamstih: 5:50am On Jun 05, 2016
I scored 26, How about you?.
What's your state of origin bro?

ArcJay:
Good evening house, please is there any environmental candidate that wrote on Thursday that scored as high as 28-30?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by engribanga: 6:16am On Jun 05, 2016
professorgome:
NDDC scholar candidates, prof wrote his exam today by 9:45am for the 8am exam. I was hearing but I saw it for myself today. I wrote for computer science, those questions came from underground. I saw BUS and address, registry, binary, cache, memory, compiler. There is no way anybody would have been able to guess these questions. I managed to score 19/50. The rate of failure was massive. You see scares like 2, 5, 7, 15, 11, 9. I saw 40, 41, 31, 30. I pray they reduce the cut-off.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by engribanga: 6:44am On Jun 05, 2016
professorgome:

Man, just imagine a field like ICT. See those questions, the organizers decided to narrow their brains to about 4 or so topics in ICT. So bad. I've never written this kind of exam before. Computer is too broad to limit yourself to those trash called questions. And you called yourself an examiner.

I happened to write on the 2nd (Thursday). The questions for ICT were so narrowed into the core subjects like "Digital Logic Design, Data Structure, software engineering, fundamentals of algorithms and advance computer architecture".

At first, i was like how on earth will this guys bring this kind of questions into an exams like this... Well, i was lucky when i stumbled to get my 41/50 out of the hall after several system issues when they used IE browser to drive the exams with an incomplete browser plugins. I had to switch to FIREFOX to avoid further issues

Well i won't dispute the very fact that the questions where easy!!! Men it WAS VERY HARD. As below:
(1) Consider a max heap, represented by the following array; 40,30,20,10,15,16,17,18,4 After inserting a nodes with value 35.Which of following is the updated max heap?
(2) The boolean expression AB'CD'is?
(3) How can you define an interrupt?
(4) In which one of the following methods for resolving the priority, the device with the highest priority is placed in the first position, followed by lower-priority devices up to the device with the lowest priority, which is placed last in the series?
(5) Sieve Technique can be applied to selection problem?
(6) Some bit field members are stored: I) left to right II) right to left III) in circular array.
and so on........

All i can say is, you just need to practice very well for the interview. Because from experience, you can score the highest but you are not guarantied to get the scholar because interview is another hard phase of this marathon.

God is the only answer to all of our questions and not man. You never know that your Scored 7 can take you to where you never expected... Keep praying and believe in him. Also pray for good governance of NDDC 2016 because 2015 government was really a mess. Can you imagine i was interviewed with an IPAD+INTERNET last year? lol....

I know this year will be good and we will have a lot of lucky people. Let's all pray for Mrs. Ibim Semenitari because she's a woman of her words just like our dear Dr. Christy Atako. I wish Dr. Christy Atako was on board....

Na God WIN
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by ArcJay: 8:17am On Jun 05, 2016
aamstih:
I scored 26, How about you?.
What's your state of origin bro?

24, Abia state, the guy beside me also scored 26, he said he also studied architecture, from UNN, could that be you? We were the first batch to write.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by chudidonas(m): 9:02am On Jun 05, 2016
jezrel90:
I have forwarded an email to the hierarchy of NDDC, but I will be expecting an honest review from a few of you guys to back it up. Doing so, Im sure all these will change next year. Its either the organisers sit-up or get kicked out. We cant be chanting "CHANGE" and insist on unjust ways.
So far I have compiled these observations:
1. Questions repetition (buggish-Algorithm)
2. Unfair selection process (A lot of high potential candidates will be unfairly dropped)
3. Test not standardized (This goes against standard International practices)
Lets wait and see what the selection process will be like. **fingers-crossed**

Please which address did you foward your complaint to? I'll like to do same. Engineering is a very wide field, from Agric to Civil, to Petroleum, Mech, Polymer etc.. I don't know why a general engr exam will consist of over 70percent of electrical questions. It is unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by mrmofasa(m): 10:35am On Jun 05, 2016
texrem:

NICE ONE BRO...ATLEAST IT HELPS MEDICAL STUDENTS TO KNOW THE DIRECTION QUESTIONS WILL BE COMING OUT FROM..

I wrote the test for medicals and it was just terrible. The questions were very skewed to medicine but we are not all doctors. Never did dermatology or gynaecology or oncology or anesthesiology.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by aamstih: 11:20am On Jun 05, 2016
Wasn't me bro.

ArcJay:

24, Abia state, the guy beside me also scored 26, he said he also studied architecture, from UNN, could that be you? We were the first batch to write.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by aamstih: 11:26am On Jun 05, 2016
I observed that the first day had most of it candidates from Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Bayelsa while the second day had most of it candidates from Imo State, was the schedule designed this way or this just an unfounded observation?

Cc: stepo707, jezrel90, faith2ogesco, geobukky
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by ArcJay: 11:35am On Jun 05, 2016
aamstih:
Wasn't me bro.

K, so what state are you from and which course are you going for?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by stepo707: 11:40am On Jun 05, 2016
aamstih:
I observed that the first day had most of it candidates from Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Bayelsa while the second day had most of it candidates from Imo State, was the schedule designed this way or this just an unfounded observation?

There were Deltans and abians as well
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Dantidote: 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
My test was medical. The questions were all totally out of line. It was Really an embarrassing situation to witness as the failure rate remains alarming.

I must say it wasn't just a fair choice of questions. They would have specified the field of medical candidates they needed in the entire process
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by ifeanyimoses: 12:27pm On Jun 05, 2016
D persons that scored 26,24, and 41. Did u guys write under computer science cos I really doubt?
N if yes dt means u all saw d questions b4 u entered d Hall. period

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by stepo707: 12:37pm On Jun 05, 2016
ifeanyimoses:
D persons that scored 26,24, and 41. Did u guys write under computer science cos I really doubt?
N if yes dt means u all saw d questions b4 u entered d Hall. period
Lol my own score was binary.But if u had a knowledge if the questions it's possible to score above 30 in those computer science else you are an efiko
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
aamstih:

I just know the test was scheduled such that everyone from the same state write at once.....i think its good since the cut off will vary by state... Exception to this are guys that wrote on 4th, some of which did not get scheduled initially.... MyTake
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nelzone(m): 12:59pm On Jun 05, 2016
Oga u people paro too much. The test was arranged by states, and cut off is also by states. if u feel u wrote the first day and got 34, meaning the test was equally hard for those from ur state, meaning u peoples cut off wd be lower. then ur other guys that wrote the next from another state, that they are all gettin 50/50, their cut off will also become high, so make una kul down, these people cast somehw, but they also know wat they are doin. When u get to the interview u might hear people that got 20 and got call, meanwhile u might know someone that got 35 for that same field, and was not called. if u care to ask the there, they will tell u the person was from another state. If they dont zone the slots by state, dont u knw that some states would be gettin so much why some wont get one. Whether or not una agree, people from some states areusually more intelligent (based on stats) than others. I didnt mention any state oooo. lol. so peeps relax. and just keep prayin, last last, na God na get power
Thermok:

Your right. I also wrote on thursday, i scored. 34 and I came upset that I didn't do well. Only for my friends to say that they hadn't seen anyone that scored above 30 and this was around 2pm on Thursday. Then were hearing higher scores the following days, which isn't a true reflection of the test. I only hope and pray that my score will see me through
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by BlackWhiteNation(f): 1:12pm On Jun 05, 2016
Have you visited www.blackwhitenation..com today it will do U more good, also like our facebook fan page http://Facebook.com/blackwhitenation89
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by professorgome: 3:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
engribanga:

I happened to write on the 2nd (Thursday). The questions for ICT were so narrowed into the core subjects like "Digital Logic Design, Data Structure, software engineering, fundamentals of algorithms and advance computer architecture".

At first, i was like how on earth will this guys bring this kind of questions into an exams like this... Well, i was lucky when i stumbled to get my 41/50 out of the hall after several system issues when they used IE browser to drive the exams with an incomplete browser plugins. I had to switch to FIREFOX to avoid further issues

Well i won't dispute the very fact that the questions where easy!!! Men it WAS VERY HARD. As below:
(1) Consider a max heap, represented by the following array; 40,30,20,10,15,16,17,18,4 After inserting a nodes with value 35.Which of following is the updated max heap?
(2) The boolean expression AB'CD'is?
(3) How can you define an interrupt?
(4) In which one of the following methods for resolving the priority, the device with the highest priority is placed in the first position, followed by lower-priority devices up to the device with the lowest priority, which is placed last in the series?
(5) Sieve Technique can be applied to selection problem?
(6) Some bit field members are stored: I) left to right II) right to left III) in circular array.
and so on........

All i can say is, you just need to practice very well for the interview. Because from experience, you can score the highest but you are not guarantied to get the scholar because interview is another hard phase of this marathon.

God is the only answer to all of our questions and not man. You never know that your Scored 7 can take you to where you never expected... Keep praying and believe in him. Also pray for good governance of NDDC 2016 because 2015 government was really a mess. Can you imagine i was interviewed with an IPAD+INTERNET last year? lol....

I know this year will be good and we will have a lot of lucky people. Let's all pray for Mrs. Ibim Semenitari because she's a woman of her words just like our dear Dr. Christy Atako. I wish Dr. Christy Atako was on board....

Na God WIN

41/50. Whao! Did do guess work? Or you actually new the answers. The 19 I got were all guessed work. Tell me, did you see the questions before that day? The way you listed those questions makes one believe that an insider or something showed you the questions and you studied them. Because there is no way anybody would have scored 30, except you are lecturing computer architecture. God will see us through.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (85) (Reply)

Ahmadu Bello University (A B U) Zaria, 2011/2012 Admission / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 / Unilag pg 2014 Discussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.