Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered (36544 Views)

See Saraki's Family Picture That Got People Talking: Photo / Panama Papers - Saraki, Tinubu In Fresh Trouble / Panama Papers: Folorunsho Coker And Gwandu Listed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 04, 2016
Did U read d write up at all or t U blinded by sentiment, pls go back n refresh ur brain
cktheluckyman:
Abeg was Toyin Saraki ever a government official and required by law to declare her assets? As far as I am concerned,this is nothing.Properties belonging to Mrs Toyin Saraki are not same as the ones belonging to Bukola Saraki
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 04, 2016
Chaaiiiii cant U read it dat he suppose to declear her asset
cktheluckyman:

When Saraki becomes Senate president of the US or Governor of Alabama we can talk about that.Toyin has got nothing to explain to anyone.If the CCB or EFCC has anything on her let them bring it on
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by 1freshdude: 3:03pm On Apr 04, 2016
Esseite:

now be truthful, if ayeri was wanted alongside tompolo...... won't Nigerian go in search of both? I believe in the corruption fight, but it should be done without being partisan.

Ayiri and Tompolo are not Main Stream politicians, they are street/Jungle urchines with a strong credibility on the streets, leading to political patronage. They are only crude and don't have the strategic and the sophisticated connections like the likes of Saraki's. They can only blow up pipelines for a limited no of time before they are eliminated...the likes of Saraki are the real evil genius!
Do you know how many loyalist Saraki's et aal have in senior military offices?/do you know their links with Justices/in-justices (even the likes of Alfa belgore) Emirs, State Security/ DSS, Tompolo and Ayiri are ordinary rugged RATs when compared with the likes of the Saraki's! The Saraki's use their likes to enforce!

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by haulagehandlers(m): 3:04pm On Apr 04, 2016
cktheluckyman:

When Saraki becomes Senate president of the US or Governor of Alabama we can talk about that.Toyin has got nothing to explain to anyone.If the CCB or EFCC has anything on her let them bring it on
Not to found insulting, did you read the part that says he's supposed to declare his asset,his wife's assets and those in the name of his children not up to 18 or do you have comprehension problem? Please always take your time to read and understand before talking so that one day you would not sign yourself into slavery.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by sweetgala(m): 3:05pm On Apr 04, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Abeg was Toyin Saraki ever a government official and required by law to declare her assets? As far as I am concerned,this is nothing.Properties belonging to Mrs Toyin Saraki are not same as the ones belonging to Bukola Saraki

The law requires you to declare the assets of yourself and your family members.

Saraki would have to disavow his wife to get out of this clean, if there is reasonable evidence to suggest Mrs Saraki is holding those trusts on behalf of her husband she is thereby culpable and himself
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 04, 2016
profolaolu:
Can U read d rubbish coming frm U. U r mixing pure corruption with political foolish,I pray U receive sense

pure corruption: Saraki amassing wealth as a public office holder. (my opinion = he should be hung).

political foolish: Tinubu amassing wealth as what? what is the pay scale of sitting governor?

AM NOT PARTISAN REALLY... Just stating the obvious.

what difference is there between Ayeri and Tompolo? they are both billionaires and fraudulent. why the political difference on both?
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by xreal: 3:06pm On Apr 04, 2016
Chai!
This article seems detailed enough.
I will read tonight before going to bed.

Somebody pls remind me.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Deen77: 3:07pm On Apr 04, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Buhari was also accused of not having WAEC certificate and is still sitting tight as president.Saraki will remain SP until this case ends at the supreme court

If we agree no secondary school certificate, do you know the law allow you to contest if you have 10 years public service. Secondary school certificate is not a must, check d constitution.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by sweetgala(m): 3:10pm On Apr 04, 2016
cktheluckyman:

can you quote the portins of the CCB act that says Saraki should declare his spouse's properties? Did Buhari declare Aisha's properties? Politics at times makes a lot of people stupid

Yes
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by sweetgala(m): 3:11pm On Apr 04, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Buhari was also accused of not having WAEC certificate and is still sitting tight as president.Saraki will remain SP until this case ends at the supreme court

Though his certificate has been confirmed by the Army. Like everyone didn't know that was a oloy by the PDP
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Deen77: 3:14pm On Apr 04, 2016
zimoni:
I expect Saraki to also hire some guys to uncover Uncle Bubu's assets and some other APC chieftains.

We are in the era of witch-hunting.

I don't pity Saraki sha, he was over-ambitious and he got his finger burnt eventually.

He'll curse the day he left PDP for APC. They should ensure he goes to jail. It's time for PDP to take over the leadership of Senate.

I'm really enjoying this filmmmmm

Saraki problem is not Tinubu or Buhari, is an act of God. The innocent Kwarans who can't feed there family, children who sleep on empty stomach daily, what do you think of their prayers.

I fear d masses prayer.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 04, 2016
1freshdude:

Ayiri and Tompolo are not Main Stream politicians, they are street/Jungle urchines with a strong credibility on the street, attracting the patronage of a the governments as a result. They are only crude and don't have the strategic and the sophisticated connections like the likes of Saraki's. They can only blow up pipelines for a limited no of time before they are eliminated...the likes of Saraki are the evil genius!
Do you know how many loyalist Saraki's et aal have in senior military offices?/do you know their links with Justices/in Justices (even the likes of Alfa belgore) Emirs, State Security/ DSS, Tompolo and Ayiri are ordinary rugged RATs when compared with the likes of the Saraki's! The Saraki's use there likes to enforce!

Saraki has does supporters today and all those cronies because it is seen as a selective fight. these people you mention have reputation at stake and the moment the fight seems not selective anymore by the populace, those supporters would flee.. arraign saraki, at the same time, follow up on fashola or amechi and watch people stone all. anyways, its lovely having this discussion with you. I still maintain my stand, I guess you maintain yours also.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by sweetgala(m): 3:16pm On Apr 04, 2016
cktheluckyman:

no dear,he will not resign rather he would do all in his power to stall the case till his tenure is over so suck on it.If you have no problems with someone with a forged WAEC certificate ruling us ,then you should b less concerned with someone who allegedly left out some details in his aqsset declaration form tongue tongue tongue

Some details, when did over 3 million dollars in undeclared transactions and holdings become some details.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by sweetgala(m): 3:20pm On Apr 04, 2016
haildeji:
So apc paid foreigners to hack files belonging to rich people all over the word dt have money in Panama just because of saraki

What do you think the FBI , CIA and KGB spend most of their time doing, there are more hackers on the payroll of the CIA than there are active field agents
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Gboliwe: 3:20pm On Apr 04, 2016
They should hurry up and send this man and his family (immediate and extended) who looted their state off to jail. Why are we wasting time?
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by adonisvg(m): 3:20pm On Apr 04, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Laolu and Toyin Saraki are very much free to own properties and run businesses just like everyone else.This story is complete bunkum and if this is all the CCB has on Saraki then I am very very sorry for them.I trust the supreme court judges who will be the final arbiters of the case to do the needful

Laolu and Toyin simply served as conduits for the transfer of the loot to foreign countries.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by christinie(f): 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2016
So Aso Rock approved Saraki's victory right?

APC e-rats come here.

Someone wanna explain to y'all how Buhari betrayed your party and helped Saraki to win via Aso Rock approval.

1freshdude:

Did you say PDP take over? Height of political naiviety!
Don't be deiceved by the activities and shenaginans of the Senators, NO Senator will occupy that sit if it's tossed on there lap without Aso-rocks approval, APC or PDP. So Wake up!
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by sweetgala(m): 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2016
erico2k2:

Dont mind these people Oo.the Docs leaked 2 days ago so how did they get it so soon? The BBC only aired it this morning.

You failed to read that the ICIJ is in corporation with PT and the full documents are yet to be released for public consumption.

The son of Koffi Annan there shock me small, definitely has done bad for his father's name
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2016
dustydee:

Putin was mentioned not indicted. There no evidence that ALL those whose names were leaked were engaged in illegal activities. There are a lot of people mentioned who made their money legally.
You are right. Even Lionel Messi and his Father were indicted.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by sweetgala(m): 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2016
1freshdude:
A window has been opened for the presidency to effectively deal with the stealing legislators. The Asset declaration forms previously filled by these crooks is the new game changer, Buhari should Deal with them mercilessly one after the other using this forms at the appropriate time. They are lucky it's not a vindictive Person like OBJ at the helms or them for know how far.

The CCB Guy can join the class of Justice Okon Abang if he keeps his head above Board....
Okon Abang's name is currently been emblazoned in the Sand of time, a true Judge that stood to be counted in a country were honest people are considered enemies, not even in a hurry will history forget him!

I tell you , these people are lucky it is not OBJ. That man is unrelenting and vindictive, if he had done 3rd term many would have suffered and half of the political class would have ended up in jail
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by 1freshdude: 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2016
Esseite:

Saraki has does supporters today and all those cronies because it is seen as a selective fight. these people you mention have reputation at stake and the moment the fight seems not selective anymore by the populace, those supporters would flee.. arraign saraki, at the same time, follow up on fashola or amechi and watch people stone all. anyways, its lovely having this discussion with you. I still maintain my stand, I guess you maintain yours also.

Did you say selective? Who did GEJ persecute in the last 6years? Even the Tinubu who had no immunity is walking free, instead GEJ was pardoning people convicted by his predesecors.

By the way, we have very wide degree of knowledge on issues like this...is either you have by far more knowledge than me or me than you. Peace!
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by sweetgala(m): 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2016
baby124:
Toyin comes from a very wealthy land owning indigenous Lagos family. So her properties can be easily explained away. Laolu however cannot. Am sure Toyin is richer than Bukola sef.

Do you know who Olusola Saraki is in Nigerian politics ! , those were the forefathers of 10% and contract inflation

Toyin may come from a wealthy Lagos family but not comparable to Saraki
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by 1freshdude: 3:28pm On Apr 04, 2016
sweetgala:

I tell you , these people are lucky it is not OBJ. That man is unrelenting and vindictive, if he had done 3rd term many would have suffered and half of the political class would have ended up in jail

OBJ is a stupid man, whatever he needed third term for?
He had the charisma and will but failed to use it optimally to develop Nigeria. He is very vindictive and would have been the best for the Saraki's, Buhari is not a politician!
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by An0nimus: 3:29pm On Apr 04, 2016
Are the Sarakis the only Nigerian names in #Panamapapers? I'm expecting more revelations when the full leak is released to the public.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Rolings: 3:29pm On Apr 04, 2016
zimoni:
I expect Saraki to also hire some guys to uncover Uncle Bubu's assets and some other APC chieftains.

We are in the era of witch-hunting.

I don't pity Saraki sha, he was over-ambitious and he got his finger burnt eventually.

He'll curse the day he left PDP for APC. They should ensure he goes to jail. It's time for PDP to take over the leadership of Senate.

I'm really enjoying this filmmmmm

Buhari has nothing to hide . Get over it .were you expecting saraki to get away with the treachery against his own party? PDP would have done same to him if he had gone against it, remember during Obj first tenure Senate presidents were impeached anyhow
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by mykelly(m): 3:31pm On Apr 04, 2016
I pity those that wasted money on you
cktheluckyman:
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by sweetgala(m): 3:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
merbenko:
The question did PMB and VP or Tinibu declared all their wife's and son's property? Just last year we read on media the assest declaration but didn't come in contact with their wife's and son's assets. Why it is the CCB are bending on saraki wife and son assets and leaving the some set of people free to work on.

Have you seen the asset declaration forms themselves before, how can you tell if Buhari or Osinbajo left out their spouses.

I can remember well that Aisha was listed because her property in Abuja and her beauty clinics were listed
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
1freshdude:

Did you say selective? Who did GEJ persecute in the last 6years? Even the Tinubu who had no immunity is working free, instead GEJ was pardoning people convicted by his predesecors.

We have very wide degree of knowledge on issues like this...is either you have by far more knowledge than me or me than you. Peace!

GEJ was ineffective no doubt, the former believed in taking the yam from the goat, while the later believes in killing the goat. both ways work in different aspect considering circumstances such as:

4 yrs tenure,political affiliation,power heads, total overhauling e.t.c, my opinion is, whatever path you want to toe, make it 100%.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by afroxyz: 3:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
What about Tinubu? Shey dem no see him own?
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by sweetgala(m): 3:36pm On Apr 04, 2016
1freshdude:

It cost so much (not only Cash) to persecute Monsters who have amassed ridiculous weath...they have so much Resources and loyalty from their allies in crime that you have to take it one at a time else they Sabotage your government. Fuel scarcity created by marketers and gas pipeline vadalism are some of the play by these state sabotuers to dis-credit government. The best way to combant corruption in Nigeria because of its already entrenched roots in our fabric is to tackle the thieves one at a time.

Left to me I say arraign them one after the other before Okon Abang!

This is so true I saw the guy in charge of NNPC marketing of petrol on channels TV say he is sending 320 trucks to Lagos daily for over 2 weeks now, given Lagos consumes 250 trucks on average daily, even he doesn't know how long ques still exist.

That is grand corruption

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by 1freshdude: 3:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
christinie:
So Aso Rock approved Saraki's victory right?

APC e-rats come here.

Someone wanna explain to y'all how Buhari betrayed your party and helped Saraki to win via Aso Rock approval.

YOU ARE PROBABLY THE LADY THAT BEN BRUCE LASHED ON TWEETER YESTERDAY.
I wouldn't have quoted you if I had known.

Let me write it like ABCD to Z for you.
SARAKI WILL NOT GET A SOFT LANDING BECAUSE HE BETRAYED HIS PARTY...INCLUDING ASO ROCK!
NOBODY WILL HELP HIM!

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN TO ANOTHER PERSON WHO GOES BEHIND ASO-ROCK TO BECOME THE SENATE PRESIDENT WITH ALL THE DIRTY BAGGAGE THE SENATORS ARE TRAVELING WITH?
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by sweetgala(m): 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2016
1freshdude:

Ayiri and Tompolo are not Main Stream politicians, they are street/Jungle urchines with a strong credibility on the street, attracting the patronage of a the governments as a result. They are only crude and don't have the strategic and the sophisticated connections like the likes of Saraki's. They can only blow up pipelines for a limited no of time before they are eliminated...the likes of Saraki are the real evil genius!
Do you know how many loyalist Saraki's et aal have in senior military offices?/do you know their links with Justices/in Justices (even the likes of Alfa belgore) Emirs, State Security/ DSS, Tompolo and Ayiri are ordinary rugged RATs when compared with the likes of the Saraki's! The Saraki's use there likes to enforce!

Ayiri and Tompolo bow when folks like Saraki come in, Bukola is the Inheritor and guardian of his father's Olusola estate and connevetions to add.

The grandfathers of them all remain, IBB, OBJ , Tinubu and Abubaka those guys alone have chopped Nigeria silly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wardrobe Allowance: Ben Bruce Mocking Nigerian Workers — Osun Govt / Explain Why CTC Of Judgment Is On Tinubu’s Counsel Letterhead - Atiku's Aide To / Akwa Ibom House Of Assembly Drama In Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.