Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered (36547 Views)

See Saraki's Family Picture That Got People Talking: Photo / Panama Papers - Saraki, Tinubu In Fresh Trouble / Panama Papers: Folorunsho Coker And Gwandu Listed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2016
Esseite:
This is just politics, we are all aware same was done to Tinubu during the last election campaign, what was said about it, I reside in lagos and every lagosian knows some of it is quite true. it should be a total encompassing fight against corruption..

I know the pdp would use this selective fight against the apc in the next election, what excuse would the apc have against it?
When faced with two evils you pick the less evil.Selective fight against corruption is better than no fight against corruption.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by baby124: 4:59pm On Apr 04, 2016
sweetgala:

Do you know who Olusola Saraki is in Nigerian politics ! , those were the forefathers of 10% and contract inflation

Toyin may come from a wealthy Lagos family but not comparable to Saraki
Toyin' family collects land tax on the whole Ijora. Now who is Saraki and his family's wealth compared to that. Please both are not comparable at all. I don't even support Saraki. But the woman was born with a Platinum spoon. Truth be told.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by 989900: 5:16pm On Apr 04, 2016
Getting interesting. cheesy
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Alphaoscar: 5:16pm On Apr 04, 2016
vedaxcool:
Where is chukwudi44 alias abobaku saraki? abeg come oh your boss has been exposed, your abobakuing services are needed urgently.

he's been doing his thing since now on the thread. check him @ cktheluckyman
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 04, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Abeg was Toyin Saraki ever a government official and required by law to declare her assets? As far as I am concerned,this is nothing.Properties belonging to Mrs Toyin Saraki are not same as the ones belonging to Bukola Saraki

Keep making these arguments till Nigerian polithievescians steal Nigerians blind and silly! I know God will execute judgment on them in his time unless they repent.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by arresa: 5:30pm On Apr 04, 2016
[s]
Atlantian:

New past time is on NL after the old past time of queuing for petrol ..hahahahahaa #shame
[/s]

I laughed at your **** because you **** assumed that I Que for petrol even though what I said had nothing to do with queuing petrol.

The fact that you have petrol headache doesn't mean other people do too so try come up with something more intelligent and relevant instead of your silly and irrelevant and laughable nonsense...
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Tinyemeka(m): 5:35pm On Apr 04, 2016
LRNZH:
When this scandal broke and names were being mentioned, I was sure that a Nigerian would be on the list.

Saraki has indeed struggled to wash his hands from one corruption scandal to the other without success.

The family is entrenched in financial voodooism. They're not so different from the Abachas, Babangidas, Atikus and OBJs.

Going by the enormity of the leak, I can swear that all these people you mentioned including Tinubu himself must be implicated. I see David Cameron, including heads of governments of Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, UAE were also involved.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama_Papers

https://panamapapers.icij.org/20160403-panama-papers-global-overview.html
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by iswallker(m): 5:36pm On Apr 04, 2016
LRNZH:

In the US for example, this excuse will not hold water. Toyin will have to prove she acquired these assets legally since she's married to a public official. This is another likely case of laundered money.

Even Saraki has undeclared assets if you read in-depth.

Public office is a hallowed position and there shouldn't be an appearance of being surrounded by corruption.

even here, the asset declaration form has a portion where a government employee will declare spouses assets and how they were acquired.

2 Likes

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Atlantian: 5:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
arresa:
[s][/s]

I laughed at your idiocy because you foolishly assumed that I Que for petrol even though what I said had nothing to do with queuing petrol.

The fact that you have petrol headache doesn't mean other people do too so try come up with something more intelligent and relevant instead of your silly and irrelevant and laughable nonsense...

Keep your mouth shut, I dont have petrol problem, I have a credit line with marketers and my reserve are delivered to my home at a dial of the phone. Dont run your mouth like a mor0n, nobody be your mate for here. Go and bath
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Walexsammy(m): 5:44pm On Apr 04, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Under the code of conduct law, a public office holder is required to declare his own assets, those of his wife as well as assets in the names of his children below the age of 18.
at least try to read the article....
abeg leave that dundee jare, itz obvious they guy is related to the saraki's

2 Likes

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Elhabeeb1(m): 5:47pm On Apr 04, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Abeg was Toyin Saraki ever a government official and required by law to declare her assets? As far as I am concerned,this is nothing.Properties belonging to Mrs Toyin Saraki are not same as the ones belonging to Bukola Saraki
She is a politically Expose Person, thus she will need to explain how she acquired her wealth!

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by nijanigga: 5:50pm On Apr 04, 2016
this toyin saraki get long neck oh.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by arresa: 5:52pm On Apr 04, 2016
[s]
Atlantian:

Keep your mouth shut, I[b] dont have petrol problem,[/b] I have a credit line with marketers and my reserve are delivered to my home at a dial of the phone. Dont run your mouth like a mor0n, nobody be your mate for here. Go and bath
[/s]

You don't have petrol problem, but you jumped on the internet to translate other people's post into your irrelevant and idiotic petrol worries about petrol..

Apart from being unintelligent, you are grossly confused too. grin
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Atlantian: 5:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
arresa:
[s][/s]

You don't have petrol problem, but you jumped on the internet to translate other people's post into your irrelevant and idiotic petrol worries about petrol..

Go and Bleep yourself frustrated soul, I am not the cause of petrol scarcity. The heat wan finish you. I said Go and Bath.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by arresa: 5:58pm On Apr 04, 2016
Atlantian:
Go and Bleep yourself frustrated soul, I am not the cause of petrol scarcity. The heat wan finish you. I said Go and Bath.

So why are you on NL equating people's post with queuing for petrol ?

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Atlantian: 6:01pm On Apr 04, 2016
arresa:

So why are you on NL equating people's post with queuing for petrol ?

Your intelligence is 17% of that of a 4y/o kid. Go and fix your life. At your age, there is nothing tangible to show for it and you translate your frustration into posts. Seems the narcissistic personality disorder has resurfaced again. Get your meds, fool.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by jobaltol: 6:08pm On Apr 04, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Why are all of you talking like this? Some people have robbed you of your collective wealth and you are still supporting them....If all of our national wealth have been judiciously used, do you think you and I will be in the position we are; Youths of 25 -35 years still struggling for survival.........and just some people have stashed our wealth abroad, inside soakaways.............without yielding interest that will benefit Nigerian citizens........Please wake up...........don't support any politician.............they just use the divide and rule mechanism.............to make you unaware of the crimes against us................please let's provide constructive criticism and don't let us whip up sentiments out of ignorance....lest you know, how Nigeria will look like in ten years time, It is up to us.......Our future generations won't blame these sets of politicians but us, why? for allowing ourselves to be manipulated, and not seizing the bull by th horn.....My dear youths, Let us sit down, think and act constructively.........thank you

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by arresa: 6:11pm On Apr 04, 2016
Atlantian:
Your intelligence is 17% of that of a 4y/o kid. Go and fix your life. At your age, there is nothing tangible to show for it and you translate your frustration into posts. Seems the narcissistic personality disorder has resurfaced again. Get your meds, fool.

Stop rambling incoherently on the internet and stick to your petrol wahala... grin
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by abimic(m): 6:20pm On Apr 04, 2016
zimoni:
I expect Saraki to also hire some guys to uncover Uncle Bubu's assets and some other APC chieftains.

We are in the era of witch-hunting.

I don't pity Saraki sha, he was over-ambitious and he got his finger burnt eventually.

He'll curse the day he left PDP for APC. They should ensure he goes to jail. It's time for PDP to take over the leadership of Senate.

I'm really enjoying this filmmmmm
Nay!
He won't curse the day he left PDP for APC But rather curse the day he gunned at the Senate presidency against his party wishes.
PDP take over Senate presidency?
Very funny!
They won't even want to bite than they can chew except APC lose guard but in All, if PDP takes over the senate presidency, that's when the real witch hunting Abi na wizard hunting would start directly from the presidency.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by uboma(m): 6:35pm On Apr 04, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Laolu and Toyin Saraki are very much free to own properties and run businesses just like everyone else.This story is complete bunkum and if this is all the CCB has on Saraki then I am very very sorry for them.I trust the supreme court judges who will be the final arbiters of the case to do the needful

You are very wrong my friend.

Saraki will be publicly humiliated for lying to the world and most importantly for his corrupt practises that is so embeded in the Saraki family...
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by poseidon12: 6:39pm On Apr 04, 2016
They really have this man Saraki by the balls. It's obvious the Sarakis are deeply corrupt just like most prominent political families in Nigeria. I think it's high time he steps aside as senate president.
The revelations are getting too much.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by vedaxcool(m): 6:50pm On Apr 04, 2016
Alphaoscar:

he's been doing his thing since now on the thread. check him @ cktheluckyman
seunmsg:

I guess he's cktheluckyman

Has shame pushed him to transform?
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by sage2(m): 7:06pm On Apr 04, 2016
Don't let anybody fool you. Only James Ibori's name from Nigeria. It is not a secret and you don't need any junk Nigerian journalist to mislead you. You can visit the ICIJ website yourself. The information is so organized that you can see who is involved from Nigeria and Africa in no time.

Hidden in 11 million secret files
165 politicians from 50 countries
creators of offshore companies in 20 tax havens
heads of state, their associates, ministers, elected officials.
Explore dozens of stories in this interactive
to see who did what, and how,
https://panamapapers.icij.org/the_power_players/
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Alphaoscar: 7:16pm On Apr 04, 2016
vedaxcool:

shame ke? That grandpa is shameless now.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Alphaoscar: 7:16pm On Apr 04, 2016
vedaxcool:

shame ke? That grandpa is shameless now.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Kekenapep: 7:22pm On Apr 04, 2016
I do not understand when evidences of flagrant abuses of power are highlighted there are still those who blindly and unintelligently still fail to see beyond their sentimental colored spectrum through which these people are viewed.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by erico2k2(m): 7:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
1freshdude:
A window has been opened for the presidency to effectively deal with the stealing legislators. The Asset declaration forms previously filled by these crooks is the new game changer, Buhari should Deal with them mercilessly one after the other using this forms at the appropriate time. They are lucky it's not a vindictive Person like OBJ at the helms or them for know how far.

The CCB Guy can join the class of Justice Okon Abang if he keeps his head above Board....
Okon Abang's name is currently been emblazoned in the Sand of time, a true Judge that stood to be counted in a country were honest people are considered enemies, not even in a hurry will history forget him!
Does he have the moral grounds to do this?
As he may very well have disclosed less than his assets. Cos from what we heard he could not afford the forms
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by BetaThings: 8:21pm On Apr 04, 2016
cktheluckyman:

When Saraki becomes Senate president of the US or Governor of Alabama we can talk about that.Toyin has got nothing to explain to anyone.If the CCB or EFCC has anything on her let them bring it on

Please let us face facts
Mr Ekpenyong - who became Deputy Gov of Akwa Ibom in 1999 - was impeached because of assets in the name of his child under the age of 18
The Nigerian law has been quoted and you continue to argue
Read paragraph 7 of the original story

Under the code of conduct law, a public office holder is required to declare his own assets, those of his wife as well as assets in the names of his children below the age of 18.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Nigeriasam: 8:44pm On Apr 04, 2016
cktheluckyman:
sorry, u are not talking sense. Can u check d position of d law?
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by bimbology(m): 9:03pm On Apr 04, 2016
[quote author=cktheluckyman post=44395838

I want to see the properties owned by Mr Bukola Saraki and not the ones owned by Mrs Toyin saraki or Laolu Saraki!!! Seriously how daft can some journalists really be? [/quote] this is high level of corruption from a prominent public Figure. The properties his wife owns outside is much than what is expected of a hallowed public figure. So our Judiciary can not eshew law action on her. It is mostly the wives of these known politicians that rule and control their husbands on the corridor of power. What about Patient Jonathan, Maduaeke Diazani and Ngozi Okonjo? They soiled and entrenched Jonathan's government with all sorts colourful corruption. Though Toyin was not as a Public figures as those mentioned above, both she must havd had negative influence on her husband as regards inordinate ambition to own foreign and hidden properties with her husband. So i opine that she should be prosecuted with her husband and with the younger Saraki. The law must have it say on them all.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by IDERAWOLE(m): 9:19pm On Apr 04, 2016
Esseite:
This is just politics, we are all aware same was done to Tinubu during the last election campaign, what was said about it, I reside in lagos and every lagosian knows some of it is quite true. it should be a total encompassing fight against corruption..

I know the pdp would use this selective fight against the apc in the next election, what excuse would the apc have against it?

Wait till that time. Why are crying for PDP.

They're in power for 16 wasteful years & they found no corruption case to pursue. They're thieves. Who stopped them from prosecuting looters? Because they're born robbers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom House Of Assembly Drama In Pics / Debate With Chimamanda Not Datti-Ahmed – Atiku’s Camp To Soyinka / Anambra Trains Market & Park Task Force Ahead Of Market Reopening (Photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.