Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,405 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered (36565 Views)

See Saraki's Family Picture That Got People Talking: Photo / Panama Papers - Saraki, Tinubu In Fresh Trouble / Panama Papers: Folorunsho Coker And Gwandu Listed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by christinie(f): 3:43pm On Apr 04, 2016
Lol common twitter you cannot spell.

Iti bonkwem.

Oh! He has twisted his words now. Ok let me go this new route with him:

So Aso Rock must approve of someone before he can retain his sit as a Senate President?

Tell me another. Saraki's APC loyalist/ friends and PDP will vote for a PDP candidate. Just save this page.

1freshdude:

YOU ARE PROBABLY THE LADY THAT BEN BRUCE LASHED ON TWEETER YESTERDAY.
I wouldn't have quoted you if I had known.

Let me write it like ABCD to Z for you.
SARAKI WILL NOT GET A SOFT LANDING BECAUSE HE BETRAYED HIS PARTY...INCLUDING ASO ROCK!
NOBODY WILL HELP HIM!

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN TO ANOTHER PERSON WHO GOES BEHIND ASO-ROCK TO BECOME THE SENATE PRESIDENT WITH ALL THE DIRTY BAGGAGE THE SENATORS ARE TRAVELING WITH?
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by sexytyga(m): 3:43pm On Apr 04, 2016
cktheluckyman:

I want to see the properties owned by Mr Bukola Saraki and not the ones owned by Mrs Toyin saraki or Laolu Saraki!!! Seriously how daft can some journalists really be?
Ur d daft here not d journalist
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by 1freshdude: 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2016
christinie:
Lol common twitter you cannot spell.

Iti bonkwem.

Oh! He has twisted his words now. Ok let me go this new route with him:

So Aso Rock must approve of someone before he can retain his sit as a Senate President?

Tell me another. Saraki's APC loyalist/ friends and PDP will vote for a PDP candidate. Just save this page.

See the things that matter to you? Poor girl!
You dnt fail to disappoint!
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by ben1daEbiri(m): 3:50pm On Apr 04, 2016
LRNZH:
When this scandal broke and names were being mentioned, I was sure that a Nigerian would be on the list.

Saraki has indeed struggled to wash his hands from one corruption scandal to the other without success.

The family is entrenched in financial voodooism. They're not so different from the Abachas, Babangidas, Atikus and OBJs.
I'm suprised Senator Dino wasn't even mentioned
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by free13: 3:51pm On Apr 04, 2016
Hmm....
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by ceaser: 3:52pm On Apr 04, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Under the code of conduct law, a public office holder is required to declare his own assets, those of his wife as well as assets in the names of his children below the age of 18.
at least try to read the article....

I will do him a favour and upload the pages of the CoC form required to be completed by every civil servant and public servant every four years.

Even inherited and undeveloped properties are required to be filled in, including all accounts, shares and the exact amount you have in the accounts as at the time of completing the form. It got so tenuous that upon submission at the CCB office, after you must have sworn under oath, you are required to declare the change/monies in your wallet or pocket at that moment and advised to fill it in grin

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by arresa: 3:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
DaBullIT:
Send the link from the full list , if the news was broken since May last year, it's strange i am just hearing about it

Sso kindly send the link

Inability to read and comprehend is a beesh..
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by christinie(f): 3:57pm On Apr 04, 2016
Go read Psalm 109:17 and see how that word you used on me (poor) goes back to you immediately.

I am a covenant child of God and no one can curse me.

APC is making a great mistake by ganging up against Saraki. A bird at hand is better than 1 million in the forest.

Any way it's good for us. We will soon take over.

1freshdude:

See the things that matter to you? Poor girl!
You dnt fail to disappoint!
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by ceaser: 3:58pm On Apr 04, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
Under the code of conduct law, a public office holder is required to declare his own assets, those of his wife as well as assets in the names of his children below the age of 18. at least try to read the article....
I will do him a favour and upload the pages of the CoC form required to be completed by every civil servant and public servant every four years. Even inherited and undeveloped properties are required to be filled in, including all accounts, shares and the exact amount you have in the accounts as at the time of completing the form. It got so tenuous that upon submission at the CCB office, after you must have sworn under oath, you are required to declare the change/monies in your wallet or pocket at that moment and advised to fill it in grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by zimoni(f): 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2016
Firefire:

Omo iya, eku ojo meta ooo. tongue

Lagbara Olorun, Bukola Saraki ma se ewon odun mewa gbako pelu ise asekara. Insha'Allah. Ameen!

Amin. Ase gun.

I hate the fool. He gave Jonathan problem when he was the Chairman of NGF. He said Jonah should take his goodluck back to Bayelsa because he would never become president. That was when the Smoker was ill in Saudi. The Smoker eventually died; they played politics but Jonah was eventually sworn-in as the executive president(which one be acting president? Only in naija oooooo).

I remember vividly the role Bukola OleSaraki played to make sure Jonah never became the executive president. Since then, I've hated the Danborouba.

Na prison sure pass for OleSaraki. I don't pity him at all.

God Bless Jonah wherever he is today.

We shall witness the end of the filmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Mblingz(m): 4:02pm On Apr 04, 2016
dis so cal saraki have sucked kwara state to skeleton. in a situation that kwara is not having any tangible asset again as a state, even common bank savings kwara no get, imagine. and in Era of Former governor of kwara state (Muhammed Lawal R.I.P.) let us known dat there is money in kwara state dat kwaran should not allow anybdy to fool them dat no money in kwara.everyday for d thief one day for d owner (judgement time has come) kwaran are indeed surrfering menh and saraki is claiming to b leader and native of kwara and can't save his state. declaring huge asset and increasing d state surferness. kwaran are angry wit u, if not so they suppose to aid u out of ur case if u ar good to dem.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Mblingz(m): 4:04pm On Apr 04, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
Its unfortunate that the no. 1 lawmaker in this country is embroiled in this sort of scandal.
The honorable thing should be to step aside, if he does not want to resign., but the pride of a typical Nigerian politician will never allow him.

I just hope just one wire transfer didn't go through an American owned bank, else he is toast.
. dis so cal saraki have sucked kwara state to skeleton. in a
situation that kwara is not having any tangible asset again
as a state, even common bank savings kwara no get,
imagine. and in Era of Former governor of kwara state
(Muhammed Lawal R.I.P.) let us known dat there is
money in kwara state dat kwaran should not allow anybdy
to fool them dat no money in kwara.everyday for d thief
one day for d owner (judgement time has come) kwaran
are indeed surrfering menh and saraki is claiming to b
leader and native of kwara and can't save his state.
declaring huge asset and increasing d state surferness.
kwaran are angry wit u, if not so they suppose to aid u out
of ur case if u ar good to dem.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Mblingz(m): 4:05pm On Apr 04, 2016
Obiodunukwe:
Saraki is jumping from frying pan to fire

He should just tender his resignation and focus on this trial. Now this revelation has provided the court more evidence needed to nail the corrupt man

Saraki must pay for his financial crimes against Kwara

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by ayindejimmy(m): 4:06pm On Apr 04, 2016
Esseite:
This is just politics, we are all aware same was done to Tinubu during the last election campaign, what was said about it, I reside in lagos and every lagosian knows some of it is quite true. it should be a total encompassing fight against corruption..

I know the pdp would use this selective fight against the apc in the next election, what excuse would the apc have against it?

The conspicuous excuse Apc will give is that every person that was prosecuted is guilty . And to the masses , that's the only thing that matters .
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by 1freshdude: 4:08pm On Apr 04, 2016
christinie:
Go read Psalm 109:17 and see how that word you used on me (poor) goes back to you immediately.

I am a covenant child of God and no one can curse me.

APC is making a great mistake by ganging up against Saraki. A bird at hand is better than 1 million in the forest.

Any way it's good for us. We will soon take over.

Poor is not only used to connote Lack of wealth. It could be used when expressing sympathy.
Now everybody knows you are poor, it's not my fault.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by arresa: 4:08pm On Apr 04, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Abeg was Toyin Saraki ever a government official and required by law to declare her assets? As far as I am concerned,this is nothing.Properties belonging to Mrs Toyin Saraki are not same as the ones belonging to Bukola Saraki

The charges against Tinubu was operation of foreign bank accounts, but the bank accounts belongs to his children and his wife with little or no money in the accounts hence GEJ and the prosecutor's inability to stun Nigerians with huge revelations of stolen funds in Tinubu's foreign bank accounts.

And if such funds and hidden accounts are in his wife's name, then his wife must disclose where the money came from and what she did or is doing with the hden accounts.

The millions of pounds and dollars in Saraki's name himself is yet to be certified legit since the source is still questionable since he has little or zero serious business outside of public office...
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by saintmark88(m): 4:08pm On Apr 04, 2016
ceaser:
I will do him a favour and upload the pages of the CoC form required to be completed by every civil servant and public servant every four years. Even inherited and undeveloped properties are required to be filled in, including all accounts, shares and the exact amount you have in the accounts as at the time of completing the form. It got so tenuous that upon submission at the CCB office, after you must have sworn under oath, you are required to declare the change/monies in your wallet or pocket at that moment and advised to fill it in grin

Y u dey worry urself, let him die in his ignorance, it shows how shallow he is, pple like tht r f. Ools, big one at tht, let him find d light himself, or allow him wallow in fo.olis.hness
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Bjergtrolde: 4:12pm On Apr 04, 2016
cktheluckyman:
Abeg was Toyin Saraki ever a government official and required by law to declare her assets? As far as I am concerned,this is nothing.Properties belonging to Mrs Toyin Saraki are not same as the ones belonging to Bukola Saraki

Exactly, someone is clutching at straws. I have had occasions where I declared assets and conflict of interests. While completing forms with regards to assets, I was told to only declare assets owned jointly or owned alone.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by arresa: 4:12pm On Apr 04, 2016
cktheluckyman:

bros cool down joor. Bukola Saraki will remain Nigeria's senate president till 2019. The case would still have to get to supreme court before it is decided.I suggest you just bring down your expectations.You still have a very long way to go

Same way you people shouted GEJ till 2019 before God rejected your evil wish.. E go do you like film trick..grin
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by tomakint: 4:13pm On Apr 04, 2016
zimoni:

Amin. Ase gun.

I hate the fool. He gave Jonathan problem when he was the Chairman of NGF. He said Jonah should take his goodluck back to Bayelsa because he would never become president. That was when the Smoker was ill in Saudi. The Smoker eventually died; they played politics but Jonah was eventually sworn-in as the executive president(which one be acting president? Only in naija oooooo).

I remember vividly the role Bukola OleSaraki played to make sure Jonah never became the executive president. Since then, I've hated the Danborouba.

Na prison sure pass for OleSaraki. I don't pity him at all.

God Bless Jonah wherever he is today.

We shall witness the end of the filmmmmm
Beeni ki o ri ni Oruko Jesu (Amin)!

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Tarzaa(m): 4:14pm On Apr 04, 2016
Chei Saraki! You're finished!
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Henrichemeka(m): 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2016
Politics
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Charly68: 4:29pm On Apr 04, 2016
We know for sure that these politicians are real thieves ..they ran the nation's economy aground & kept giving us fake & unrealizable promises. O God bring judgement upon them all !
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Atlantian: 4:37pm On Apr 04, 2016
Owing offshore company is not rocket science, the question of having 25,000 shares with $1 is bullshit. I own companies and when you cite 1m shares at 1$ each, does it mean there is any money involved? Just figures pending if you go public with your ideas/products/etc.

And why are we so much hitting on Saraki for a Assets Declaration of 2003 when we have serious crisis, even Buhari lied in his assets declaration cos he didnt mention his wife's 10 million wristwatch.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by arresa: 4:40pm On Apr 04, 2016
Atlantian:
Owing offshore company is not rocket science, the question of having 25,000 shares with $1 is bullshit. I own companies and when you cite 1m shares at 1$ each, does it mean there is any money involved? Just figures pending if you go public with your ideas/products/etc.

And why are we so much hitting on Saraki for a Assets Declaration of 2003 when we have serious crisis, even Buhari lied in his assets declaration cos he didnt mention his wife's 10 million wristwatc h.

My new past time on NL is reading and laughing at absurd, ridiculous and unintelligent posts on NL..

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by back2sender: 4:44pm On Apr 04, 2016
Instead for them to open companies in Nigeria to employ the job seeking graduates that abound in the country, they went to open companies in places like samoa, St kitts, papua new guinea, panama, St vincent, St emmanuel, St eliada, St wikes etc etc.
My people lack shame!!!!
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Atlantian: 4:45pm On Apr 04, 2016
arresa:

My new past time on NL is reading and laughing at absurd, ridiculous and unintelligent posts on NL..
That's aside from queuing for petrol, right ?
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by arresa: 4:48pm On Apr 04, 2016
[s]quote author=Atlantian post=44403099] That's aside from queuing for petrol, right ?[/quote][/s]

arresa:

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Proudlyngwa(m): 4:48pm On Apr 04, 2016
Mblingz:

Saraki will certainly get served. He is only delaying the inevitable,
My problem is why the common man cant differentiate between politics an governance.
Is Saraki being accused of something unethical as a public office holder. Yes.
Has he been cleared? No
Is he being accused wrongfully? We dont know.
If he feels he is being wronged, he can counter sue not asking for judicial waivers.
If he likes his Job so much, he can ask the committee to hasten the process.
Saraki never expected this administration will be like this, I know he is far smarter than this, but he fell this time.
We are watching this drama and in time we shall bring the roof down.

1 Like

Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Deen77: 4:48pm On Apr 04, 2016
bigass123:
The more this criminal called Bukola fights to break free from the Web he's caught in, the more entangled and complicated the situation gets. If he has some sense... He should quietly resign and maybe lobbying from the background would pay off.
Human nature of greed and ever wanting got the better part of the Saraki family.
With the list of assets discovered so far (very sure there are numerous yet uncovered)... One would ask what is this man still looking for? Greed at it's peak if you ask me.
Now, this is how all these thieves called public office holders cart our common wealth to foreign lands and develop such economies to the detriment of ours.
Posterity will judge all of them

You know d funny aspect, if one is cut, we fight for him, supporting the criminal asking for other criminal still at large.
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by Atlantian: 4:52pm On Apr 04, 2016
arresa:
[s]quote author=Atlantian post=44403099] That's aside from queuing for petrol, right ?[/s]

New past time is on NL after the old past time of queuing for petrol ..hahahahahaa #shame
Re: Panama Papers: Saraki's Family Assets Uncovered by seunmsg(m): 4:56pm On Apr 04, 2016
vedaxcool:
Where is chukwudi44 alias abobaku saraki? abeg come oh your boss has been exposed, your abobakuing services are needed urgently.

I guess he's cktheluckyman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Remands Sowore, Olawale Bakare, Co-Defendant In DSS Custody / Okey Bakassi Reacts To Peter Obi & Oyedepo Leaked Audio / Looters Burying Stolen Funds In Forests, Burial Grounds – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.