Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina (34539 Views)

5 NYSC Corpers Kidnapped In Katsina / Corper Brutalized By The Police In Katsina, His Pastor Flogged (Photos) / "Corper's Finger Cut Off In Katsina" - Twitter User Says (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Xslaze3xd(m): 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
CaptainECole:
Northern schools are nothing to write home about.. I did my secondary school in Kano... although I received quality education simply because its a private school. But I can tell you the government schools in the north is so so bad.. pupils sit on the floor, the schools are dilapidated .. the pupils come to school anytime they like... SMH.. those in the north will understand what I'm saying ... ko ba haka ba ne?? undecided
Haka ne, they go to school anytime they like.
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Misterdhee1(m): 7:03pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nice one Op. I really hope I Can Be As much Inspiring and Innovative, when my time comes!
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by donsteady(m): 7:03pm On Apr 05, 2016
They don't look Nigerians at all
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by comrChris(m): 7:04pm On Apr 05, 2016
Good work bro!! anything to carry the north along academically is allowed.....God bless you for this act
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by kennyblaze007(m): 7:07pm On Apr 05, 2016
Bros u have done well.. These are what I see that I get inspired to also carry out a personal CDS in my PPA.Am currently serving at Oruku village in Enugu State..The school buildings are so dilapidated that one begins to wonder why govt wud be so stubborn not to invest in Education... I hope to upload pictures of what I intend doing when the time comes...Thumbs up bro...God bless u for this
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Iyascobobby90(m): 7:08pm On Apr 05, 2016
Good one, welcome.
This is a great contribution towards national development, and it is also a lesson to we youths, don't just criticize the govt/economic or educational situation, but come up with a solution in your own small way.
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by iyb(m): 7:09pm On Apr 05, 2016
CaptainECole:
Northern schools are nothing to write home about.. I did my secondary school in Kano... although I received quality education simply because its a private school. But I can tell you the government schools in the north is so so bad.. pupils sit on the floor, the schools are dilapidated .. the pupils come to school anytime they like... SMH.. those in the north will understand what I'm saying ... ko ba haka ba ne?? undecided
thats the same situation in government schools all across the country. the only schools that are a bit better is federal government schools but private schools in the north are as good as any found in nigeria
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 05, 2016
kudos op, we need more people like you in this country, other corpers should emulate frm you, be best at whatever you do and sky is your begining
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by iyb(m): 7:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
donsteady:
They don't look Nigerians at all
you look more nigerian than them by the way describe how a nigerian appears so that i can recognise one when i see him undecided
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by MicroBox: 7:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
CaptainECole:
"North is nothing to write home about" very rubbish post.... I served in Imo and its the same story for government schools
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Rajosh(m): 7:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
yeah this is very true. I was born and brought up in kano so I can attest to this. After I graduated, I taught In a secondary school before going for Service. this is a private school with 98% of students from very rich homes. some of these kids are very brilliant but English is a very big problem to them.
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Paretomaster(m): 7:31pm On Apr 05, 2016
korlahwarleh:
mods pls do the needful o
nice one...God bless u.....just PM u, check and revert...
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by arabaribiti(m): 7:36pm On Apr 05, 2016
This is very good but 12th and 14th pic same girl so close with the same corper am suspecting lala
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by sonnie10: 7:37pm On Apr 05, 2016
femi4:
Omo this guy na born to teach o.
If I see your CV for any oil Company, I go burn am

He could be a staff developer and trainer.
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by BeardedMan: 7:38pm On Apr 05, 2016
Wisdom is not common. Well said. All government schools & institutions needs total revamp. Thank you.
fulanimafia:

What exactly is the purpose of this comment? Is it news that our educational infrastructure nationwide is inadequate? I served in the south as well and it's the same story with most government institutions, what we need to profer are solutions instead.

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by amokeme(f): 7:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
Rajosh:
yeah this is very true. I was born and brought up in kano so I can attest to this. After I graduated, I taught In a secondary school before going for Service. this is a private school with 98% of students from very rich homes. some of these kids are very brilliant but English is a very big problem to them.
what's the name of the sch?
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by dokiOloye(m): 7:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
CaptainECole:
I lived for a year in Damaturu,d capital of Yobe state and since then,I've come to hate d northern leaders including Buhari cos they all have never made any effort at all to uplift d masses thru education wc should be d easiest means.Number of govt owned primary schools in d state capital is not more than 5 or 6.
I wake up by 7 am and I see toddlers who can barely even talk already dressed for school in d quarters where most of d non indigenes and christians live but on reaching my workplace by 9am,I see d Muslim kids playing about,riding their bicycles.
And come to think of it,d ppl from the Christian minority areas like Biu and Gwoza in Borno State,Potiskum and Fika in Yobe state are always well learned and up to date with happenings in d country and world in general.
D few who learn anything just go to d Islamic schools to cram Quran in Arabic,I mean,if they could teach them that Quran in English,it could have made more sense.
D so called core north is forked up mehn,and truth be told,we have no reason being in one country,some ppl shld be left to develop at their own pace and even declare an Islamic Republic if they want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Norstrademus(m): 7:55pm On Apr 05, 2016
Vision2045:
for that 14th pic....that gal and guy in the middle Na anoda world dem dey #loveinkt
oh u noticed too!!..the guy has the girl "eating from his palms"
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by banme1(m): 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
Corper u are wasting ur precious time with almajiris. Teach them how to move about with cows raping and destroying anything along their path. That's what they are good at.
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by dokiOloye(m): 8:07pm On Apr 05, 2016
fulanimafia:

What exactly is the purpose of this comment? Is it news that our educational infrastructure nationwide is inadequate? I served in the south as well and it's the same story with most government institutions, what we need to profer are solutions instead.
I hail from one of d least developed states in d south,Ebonyi state to be precise,but if d truth be told,d elite in d north wc U are obviously one of deserve to be lined up in drums and shot,U cannot compare d least educated state in d south to the most educated state in d Muslim north.
I have lived in d north and I know what d person U quoted means,there is little or nothing to encourage formal education among d masses in d north.
In a whole local govt,U might have just 3 primary schools or less,children in even d state capitals are still encouraged to learn only d quran instead of combining it with formal education while d children of d elite attend d best schools in d country and abroad.
U see a lab technologist who has supposedly passed WAEC, yet she can't make a sentence in English.
Female education is still less than 30 percent upon the fact that it's well known that once a woman is educated,her children are automatically educated too.
I could go on and on.The problem is that most of U,d few educated ones do not accept that there is a problem in d 1st place cos U r obviously enjoying d situation in terms of monopoly of govt and political power.

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by dokiOloye(m): 8:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
MicroBox:

"North is nothing to write home about" very rubbish post.... I served in Imo and its the same story for government schools
Every child,including even d market women in Imo can at least understand even if it's pidgin English,but can U say d same for d so called core north?
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Dalyjay(m): 8:28pm On Apr 05, 2016
went I do DAT girl for pics 14 she like DAT no johr
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by pipz(m): 8:32pm On Apr 05, 2016
CaptainECole:

Kware..... Dan labi..... Haka ne... Gaskiya

My Hausa is getting wacked up. Dan buro uba Lol
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
pipz:

Kware..... Dan labi..... Haka ne... Gaskiya

My Hausa is getting wacked up. Dan buro uba Lol
lol... seems you left the north a long time ago
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 05, 2016
dokiOloye:
I lived for a year in Damaturu,d capital of Yobe state and since then,I've come to hate d northern leaders including Buhari cos they all have never made any effort at all to uplift d masses thru education wc should be d easiest means.Number of govt owned primary schools in d state capital is not more than 5 or 6.
I wake up by 7 am and I see toddlers who can barely even talk already dressed for school in d quarters where most of d non indigenes and christians live but on reaching my workplace by 9am,I see d Muslim kids playing about,riding their bicycles.
And come to think of it,d ppl from the Christian minority areas like Biu and Gwoza in Borno State,Potiskum and Fika in Yobe state are always well learned and up to date with happenings in d country and world in general.
D few who learn anything just go to d Islamic schools to cram Quran in Arabic,I mean,if they could teach them that Quran in English,it could have made more sense.
D so called core north is forked up mehn,and truth be told,we have no reason being in one country,some ppl shld be left to develop at their own pace and even declare an Islamic Republic if they want.
You're making sense Bro ... I concur
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by ahnie: 9:22pm On Apr 05, 2016
Gaskiya magana ....haka ne.ba su da amfani makaranta a gurin arewa.
CaptainECole:
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Centrist(m): 9:33pm On Apr 05, 2016
Good Job Bro.
Was a Corper there years back.
How's Officers Quarters and B Coy?
I remember the water project we constructed upon leaving
Memorable Moments
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by Centrist(m): 9:44pm On Apr 05, 2016
korlahwarleh:
pic 6,7,8,9,10

presentation of gifts to the participants
Here are there pics when I served in Nansinta Barracks
Good Old Memories

Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by MhizEndy(f): 10:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
CaptainECole:
haka ni (yu are 100% right)
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by murphymakun(m): 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2016
Just like where i served in kankia local govt in katsina. I still missd that place sha
Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by korlahwarleh: 10:23pm On Apr 05, 2016
Centrist:
Good Job Bro. Was a Corper there years back. How's Officers Quarters and B Coy? I remember the water project we constructed upon leaving Memorable Moments

wow, you served at NAOWA. Officers quarters and B coy are fine o

1 Like

Re: Mathematics Quiz Competition I Organized Between two schools here In Katsina by jeebz: 10:40pm On Apr 05, 2016
@Op, nice work there. God bless you and your generations. Please remember those children in your Paradise.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burial Of Corper Who Drowned While Swimming In Delta State (Photos) / Processional March For The Female Corper That Died At NYSC Camp In Kano / Magdalene Yohanna: Asthmatic Corper Dies After Parade In Bauchi NYSC Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.