Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

"List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" (71560 Views)

18 States That Will Benefit From $500m World Bank Projects / Nigeria States By Landmass. Lagos Would Shock You / "Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by gretblue: 10:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
mrkings84:

Op is not talking about footbridges..!
Ignore him he doesn't know the difference between fly over bridges and pedestal/foot bridges.The above pics he posted are not even in Aba but Anambra state by Mcc junction.
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by farem: 10:47pm On Apr 05, 2016
tempem:
You didn't mention Akure.

Is ondo the opposite of Akure? Or can you point out the difference
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by banme1(m): 10:48pm On Apr 05, 2016
obaino860:

goodluck Jonathan flyover at uyo built by Julius berger......use your google search,and stop asking questions
hehehehhe guy no vex o. But the fly over is not in uyo LGA.
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by murphyibiam15(m): 10:49pm On Apr 05, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Yes nah.
Around college road near unec , Enugu
my man stop this ignorance....i skuled in unec too...that thing around college road u call fly-over is a bypass bridge with rail line underneath ....ie beside that jehova witness church......stop saying what u have poor knowledge about
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by Abagworo(m): 10:54pm On Apr 05, 2016
murphyibiam15:

my man stop this ignorance....i skuled in unec too...that thing around college road u call fly-over is a bypass bridge with rail line underneath ....ie beside that jehova witness church......stop saying what u have poor knowledge about

Its a road over rail overpass.

The topic says "States that own flyovers" not States that you can find flyovers hence some States might be disqualified even with 30 FG owned flyovers. Its all about flyovers built and owned by States.
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by alakuko: 10:55pm On Apr 05, 2016
This guy has not been to Kwara
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by Omotaday(m): 11:02pm On Apr 05, 2016
FlyoruB:
Personally I don't see the big deal in building flyovers, but in any case, Ogun is currently building 15 of those simultaneously (and recently commissioned about 6 of 'em) without making much noise about it so 'kini big-deal'??

http://tribuneonlineng.com/ogun-to-complete-16-ongoing-road-projects-15-flyovers-in-2016

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by ROYALD(m): 11:05pm On Apr 05, 2016
WHAT IS THAT THING ?JUST PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE WITH LIGHT. SHOW US THE COMPLETE PICTURES BACK, UP ,FRONT,DOWN , SIDE E.T.C

Approves Flyover Bridges we are talking about ,here

chinology:
What is this clown yapping about? Do you know where this is located? cheesy

[s][/s]

1 Share

Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by AVRecruit: 11:06pm On Apr 05, 2016
chinology:
Anything your Imo state do not have is never ideal. Is your useless and worthless Imo state better planned than states with flyovers? You are only bitter because your state is yet to have a single flyover in 2016. I know it's really frustrating, old man.. cheesy

[s][/s]

flyover is a highway (called express in Nigeria) ramp. You drive on the flyover at 30km/hr then merge onto the express at 100 or 110km/hr.

it is better to avoid flyover construction. drivers already on the express wont allow others to merge eyc causing collissions.
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by chinology: 11:09pm On Apr 05, 2016
Nwokem go and sleep. I don't have time for blind argument cheesy

Get a chopper to see it all just like this one in Onitsha.

ROYALD:

WHAT IS THAT THING ?JUST PEDESTRIAN BRIDGE WITH LIGHT. SHOW US THE COMPLETE PICTURES BACK, UP ,FRONT,DOWN , SIDE E.T.C

Approves Flyover Bridges we are talking about ,here

1 Like

Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by Alhaji1970: 11:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
Kwara state has a fly over.
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by fr3do(m): 11:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
omanifrank:
abeg were flyover dey for Delta.. na Asaba abi Warri

Ekumeku (inter bau) roundabout, Asaba.
The one at Effurun roundabout, and the other front of the refinery at warri.

This is the 3 I know.
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by Ezenwa11(m): 11:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
kenonze:

GRA kpanshia
that's cool though I ve heard of Kpanshia but I don't know where it's located cos I relocated to YEN few months ago. I reside in PDP road.
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by adanny01(m): 11:17pm On Apr 05, 2016
Abagworo:

Typical Nigerian. Did you completely read what you quoted?

Go back and read this concluding part

" This is with exception to rail overpasses or
highway intersections. "

How many flyovers in Nigeria are overbuildings, parks, mershlands or what ever other less likely reason there is for flyovers.

Basically, flyovers in Nigeria are built on highway intersections and over rail lines. It makes no sense that you made a statement but exempting the basics. Its like saying food is useless to humans, except hungry humans. Of course every human must eat so food is absolutely important and it makes no sense to say food is useless.

In the same vein, a flyover is absolutely important no matter the cost, there is no way to avoid it as you seem to suggest. Infact, a flyover over a rail line is technically a bridge. Flyovers are basically for intersections to eliminate conflicts as much as possible.

1 Like

Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by ROYALD(m): 11:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
This thread is for state owned flyovers.

post=44437302:

Why placing Anambra flyover under construction, even Awka flyovers are completed

pics Onitsha flyovers
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by wristbangle: 11:23pm On Apr 05, 2016
tempem:

Under Ondo state abeg.
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by meche4vr(m): 11:24pm On Apr 05, 2016
I object thithis

What of 042
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by Winny28(f): 11:25pm On Apr 05, 2016
diana158:
Flyover is a major feature of a developing or developed city. Therefore these are Nigeria states that have started and completed at least one flyover

1. Lagos
2. Kano
3. Rivers
4. Ogun
5. Akwa Ibom
6. Kaduna
7. Delta
8. Oyo
9. Bayelsa
10. Sokoto
11. ondo

Some States with flyover under construction

1. Ekiti
2. Imo
3. Anambra
what happen to Ebonyi state.
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by ROYALD(m): 11:25pm On Apr 05, 2016
Enyim nwoke This thread is for state owned flyovers.not the other way round

chinology:
Nwokem go and sleep. I don't have time for blind argument cheesy

Get a chopper to see it all just like this one in Onitsha.

Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:28pm On Apr 05, 2016
wat of minna grin
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by SherylMiracle(m): 11:31pm On Apr 05, 2016
What's d fuss about Flyovers.....I guess that shouldn't be a Subject of Discussion as things stands now... #ProudlyAnambra tho
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by SaviourRatty: 11:31pm On Apr 05, 2016
I will also like to have the list of states with Big gutters..
Else u tell me the price of fuel in d listed states angry
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by AVRecruit: 11:32pm On Apr 05, 2016
is flyover not highway ramp?
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by Inspectahdeck(m): 11:46pm On Apr 05, 2016
Op stated states not capital huh

tempem:
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
adanny01:

How many flyovers in Nigeria are overbuildings, parks, mershlands or what ever other less likely reason there is for flyovers.

Basically, flyovers in Nigeria are built on highway intersections and over rail lines. It makes no sense that you made a statement but exempting the basics. Its like saying food is useless to humans, except hungry humans. Of course every human must eat so food is absolutely important an GBd it makes no sense to say food is useless.

In the same vein, a flyover is absolutely important no matter the cost, there is no way to avoid it as you seem to suggest. Infact, a flyover over a rail line is technically a bridge. Flyovers are basically for intersections to eliminate conflicts as much as possible.

There are so many ways to minimize conflicts points and reduce congestion than flyovers (overpasses). Upon all the flyovers in Lagos state, we all can see how much traffic there is. The question is if Nigerian states want to borrow a leaf from U.S States that are currently suffering uncontrolles urbanization and sprawl as well as financial challenges maintaining their extensive road i nfrastructure or go the EU route were or go the EU route and fund sustainable mass transit and controlled urban development. The good thing abt our situation is that we are not yet so developed so we can make the right choice. I for one support only mass transit which is a more sustainable system. A city can function well even without flyovers. Think London underground, and EU trains, Tokyo bullet trains etc.
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by FlyboyZee: 11:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
kenonze:
Bayelsa is death trap
Please, post a picture of the deathtrap for us to see.

Travel. You no go travel, yet you go dey run your mouth...
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 05, 2016
AVRecruit:
is flyover not highway ramp?

Lol it is ooooo. Ordinary highway ramp that US has hundreds of thousands of and is causing their government billions to maintain.
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by pasol4real(m): 12:07am On Apr 06, 2016
BB013:
Igbos re just too dumb
Cos of fly over they abusing themselves yet they clamour for one useless thing
U not together yet u want to live together
Na wa for wire road
Where are those tribalistic mods dat banned me for calling a dumb op dumb.
What wud be the punishment of this bigot for calling a whole race dumb!!
I hereby recommend for this guy to be banned for life
"With hard labour"
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by Eldahrix(m): 12:18am On Apr 06, 2016
diana158:
Flyover is a major feature of a developing or developed city. Therefore these are Nigeria states that have started and completed at least one flyover

1. Lagos
2. Kano
3. Rivers
4. Ogun
5. Akwa Ibom
6. Kaduna
7. Delta
8. Oyo
9. Bayelsa
10. Sokoto
11. ondo

Some
States with flyover under construction

1. Ekiti
2. Imo
3. Anambra

Jos included
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by tolababa(m): 12:23am On Apr 06, 2016
seunny4lif:
Go to ondo state
Abeg where is the Ondo State flyover bridge located. Mind you not pedestrian bridge ooo
Re: "List Of Nigeria States That Own Flyover" by seunny4lif(m): 12:32am On Apr 06, 2016
grin grin
Ilaje area ooooh grin
tolababa:

Abeg where is the Ondo State flyover bridge located. Mind you not pedestrian bridge ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Flood: Jonathan Now An IDP - Bayelsa Governor, Duoye Diri / Governor Matawalle Forces Teachers To Eat Poor Meal Provided For Students / Falz, Others In #EndSARSMemorial Car Procession At Lekki Tollgate (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.