Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,987 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? (1707 Views)

How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) / Breaking!! Darkness Engulf Some Parts Of Nigeria / National Power Grid Collapses, As 4 States Are Now In Total Darkness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by hylyne(m): 10:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
No one walks into any Mall, and makes payment for what he didn't buy. Unfortunately, this is becoming a case with Nigerian PHCN. Nigerians sleep and wake up in darkness, yet at the end of the month, PHCN official would secretly smuggle bills.

Last month I got a bill of #7500 for having light thrice.

For me it is case of unprecedented monumental failure credited to this current administration.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by Last2comment(m): 10:19pm On Apr 05, 2016
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 05, 2016

1 Like

Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by Stanleyafam(m): 11:05pm On Apr 05, 2016
6k5
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by Leboska(m): 11:57pm On Apr 05, 2016
3K5
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 06, 2016
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by scribble: 12:13am On Apr 06, 2016
15k.

Not even in town but my security text me that they have brought bill

1 Like

Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by kenny987(f): 12:58am On Apr 06, 2016
#2,400 since February 13th, courtesy of prepaid metre. This way I don't pay for what I don't consume because there's hardly power anyway.

The government really needs to step in and compel DISCOS or PHCN to enure that all electricity consumers have prepaid metres and stop the legalised robbery occasioned by estimated bills.
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 06, 2016
hylyne:

No one walks into any Mall, and makes payment for what he didn't buy. Unfortunately, this is becoming a case with Nigerian PHCN. Nigerians sleep and wake up in darkness, yet at the end of the month, PHCN official would secretly smuggle bills.

For me it is case of unprecedented monumental failure credited to this current administration.

Not all Nigerians are paying for darkness neither are they in darkness. Some parts still enjoy power supply even though it's limited
Back to your reply, I paid N2,000 for 9hrs of electricity supplied to me at the prevailing rates couple with the fact that my metre was read correctly.

1 Like

Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by tamonokare: 2:17am On Apr 06, 2016
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by hylyne(m): 8:23am On Apr 06, 2016
asuustrike2009:

Not all Nigerians are paying for darkness neither are they in darkness. Some parts still enjoy power supply even though it's limited
Back to your reply, I paid N2,000 for 9hrs of electricity supplied to me at the prevailing rates couple with the fact that my metre was read correctly.

Congratulations.... I envy u
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by hylyne(m): 8:25am On Apr 06, 2016
scribble:
15k.

Not even in town but my security text me that they have brought bill

That's terrible. Even some building, whose wires had been disconnected still get bills.

1 Like

Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by hylyne(m): 8:27am On Apr 06, 2016
kenny987:
#2,400 since February 13th, courtesy of prepaid metre. This way I don't pay for what I don't consume.

The government really needs to step in and compel DISCOS or PHCN to enure that all electricity consumers have prepaid metres and stop the legalised robbery occasioned by estimated bills.

Well said...
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by hylyne(m): 8:34am On Apr 06, 2016
Angelberry:
Really grin
Angelberry:
Really
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 06, 2016
hylyne:

Congratulations.... I envy u
eyah
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 06, 2016
hylyne:

Really grin
Really
yeah...the bill is 39k
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by hylyne(m): 9:04am On Apr 06, 2016
Angelberry:
yeah...the bill is 39k
Out of which, 5k is ur share?
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by hylyne(m): 9:06am On Apr 06, 2016
asuustrike2009:

eyah

Unfortunately, some people have made up their minds to to be suffering and smiling...
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by 989900: 9:29am On Apr 06, 2016
Only in Nigeria!
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 06, 2016
hylyne:

Out of which, 5k is ur share?
Somehow, we are 3 neighbors so we paid 5k each
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by ibroziney(m): 9:53am On Apr 06, 2016
HARD TIMES UNDER BUHARI NOT A SURPRISE.

No light, no water, no fuel, no food, no no no is the chorus sang all over the country at present. No doubt that times are really hard, but every man who sees beyond his nose can see a silver lining in the cloudy future.

The hope that keeps a pregnant woman going, is knowing for sure that the pains will be over after a period of time. This hope is what keeps her alive, strong and up and doing.

After more than 50 years as an independent nation, 3 republics past and 16 years wasted in an uninterrupted democracy, Nigerians for the first time elected a leader that didn't emerge by chance- but by a conscious attempt to being the president of the country.

According to history, no Nigerian leader had emerged from a conscious preparation to being a president except President Buhari.

Only President Buhari came to power with a conscious attempt to becoming a president.

He had plans with a task to building the country from scratch, by firstly identify the menace in the system and deal with it head on.

In every system, there is a critical sector that when fixed, other sectors will automatically fix themselves.

In the case of Nigeria, this critical sector is corruption.

Corruption is a lucrative sector in our system that is responsible for almost all ills and when fixed, insecurity will fix itself, unemployment will do same, power failure will exist only in history books, brain drain will turn the other way round, foreign investor and tourist will find home in Nigeria, and a lot more too many to mention.

Isaac Newton's 3rd law of motion states "to every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" this law explains the hardship Nigerians are faced with today.

The action of President Buhari in fighting corruption provokes the reaction of the corrupt to fight back with equal if not more powerful reaction.

They are fighting back with their lives. This reaction is responsible for the hardship we are faced with today, but with little more time, am sure they will be defeated because they are the treacherous enemies of the state.

Buhari acted by implementing TSA, being a major step to plugging leakages, they reacted by changing their monies to dollars and starching them in suck ways, farms and villages.

This resulted in the scarcity of dollar and the free fall of Naira in the parallel market.

Buhari acted by reducing pump price by 50K and removing the controversial fuel subsidy, they reacted by creating an artificial scarcity, just to get back to the president with the people's anger.

Buhari acted by producing an unprecedented budget with higher capital expenditure, which gives hopes for better days, but they swiftly reacted by paddling the budget, trying to ridicule the government at the detriment of the masses resulting to delaying the passage of the budget.

Without a passed budget, it is always difficult to pay salaries let alone do anything significant.

Buhari acted by "unbundling" NNPC into 7 units for transparency and accountability, they reacted by cutting off fuel supply chains to power stations, throwing the whole country into darkness for days.

They will always follow the Newton's law, in an effort to bring back corruption while we will always be at the offensive to stamp out corruption.

A little more patience is just what is needed.

There is light at the end of the tunnel . Sai Baba!!!!

2 Likes

Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by hylyne(m): 10:17am On Apr 06, 2016
Angelberry:
Somehow, we are 3 neighbors so we paid 5k each

Quite painful, paying for what u didn't use, right?
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 06, 2016
hylyne:

Quite painful, paying for what u didn't use, right?
Yeah
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by hylyne(m): 10:31am On Apr 06, 2016
ibroziney:

No light, no water, no fuel, no food, no no no is the chorus sang all over the country at present. No doubt that times are really hard, but every man who sees beyond his nose can see a silver lining in the cloudy future.

The hope that keeps a pregnant woman going, is knowing for sure that the pains will be over after a period of time. This hope is what keeps her alive, strong and up and doing.

After more than 50 years as an independent nation, 3 republics past and 16 years wasted in an uninterrupted democracy, Nigerians for the first time elected a leader that didn't emerge by chance- but by a conscious attempt to being the president of the country.

According to history, no Nigerian leader had emerged from a conscious preparation to being a president except President Buhari.

Only President Buhari came to power with a conscious attempt to becoming a president.

He had plans with a task to building the country from scratch, by firstly identify the menace in the system and deal with it head on.

In every system, there is a critical sector that when fixed, other sectors will automatically fix themselves.

Corruption is a lucrative sector in our system that is responsible for almost all ills and when fixed, insecurity will fix itself, unemployment will do same, power failure will exist only in history books, brain drain will turn the other way round, foreign investor and tourist will find home in Nigeria, and a lot more too many to mention.

Isaac Newton's 3rd law of motion states "to every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" this law explains the hardship Nigerians are faced with today.

The action of President Buhari in fighting corruption provokes the reaction of the corrupt to fight back with equal if not more powerful reaction.

They are fighting back with their lives. This reaction is responsible for the hardship we are faced with today, but with little more time, am sure they will be defeated because they are the treacherous enemies of the state.

Buhari acted by implementing TSA, being a major step to plugging leakages, they reacted by changing their monies to dollars and starching them in suck ways, farms and villages.

This resulted in the scarcity of dollar and the free fall of Naira in the parallel market.

Buhari acted by reducing pump price by 50K and removing the controversial fuel subsidy, they reacted by creating an artificial scarcity, just to get back to the president with the people's anger.

Buhari acted by producing an unprecedented budget with higher capital expenditure, which gives hopes for better days, but they swiftly reacted by paddling the budget, trying to ridicule the government at the detriment of the masses resulting to delaying the passage of the budget.

Without a passed budget, it is always difficult to pay salaries let alone do anything significant.

Buhari acted by "unbundling" NNPC into 7 units for transparency and accountability, they reacted by cutting off fuel supply chains to power stations, throwing the whole country into darkness for days.

They will always follow the Newton's law, in an effort to bring back corruption while we will always be at the offensive to stamp out corruption.

Who told you that he was a consensus candidate, didn't you see pictures of underaged voting in some part of the country.

If he had policy to move this country forward, why did it take him ages to come up with his ministerial list. For 16yrs one would have thought he should some good brains handy with him.

After all the delays, he still came up with SAN as minister for power, and barrister as Transport minister.

Keep giving ur self false hope.
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by hylyne(m): 10:33am On Apr 06, 2016
Angelberry:
Yeah

Do you think, we should remain in Grace that sin may about, or we should take swift actions hahaha
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by hylyne(m): 10:33am On Apr 06, 2016
Angelberry:
Yeah

Do you think, we should remain in sin that Grace may abound or we should take swift actions hahaha
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by Greatfuture: 10:35am On Apr 06, 2016
just got my bill and discovered that the disputed tarrif has been implemented, this month,for AEDC R2 customs it is now # 24.30 kWh.

1 Like

Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by olafum1(m): 10:40am On Apr 06, 2016
I don't have light in my area in Akure for the past One year o, Nigerians.

Worst is that we have already contributed money, and a company bought another transformer for us, but the Govt alongside electricity company still want us to contribute more money to install the transformer. Afterwards, they will now come with bills for us to be paying them.... cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 06, 2016
ibroziney:

as far as I am concerned, buhari is not fighting corruption ,he is only talking about it.
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by hylyne(m): 11:04am On Apr 06, 2016
olafum1:
I don't have light in my area in Akure for the past One year o, Nigerians.

It sounds crazy... Do u still pay bills?
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by kenny987(f): 11:59am On Apr 06, 2016
hylyne:

Do you think, we should remain in Grace that sin may abound or we should take swift actions hahaha

You turned this Bible quote the wrong way round...
Re: CRITICAL : How Much Did You Pay For Darkness Last Month...? by Nafizzey(m): 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2016
hylyne:

Yours. Is small now my brother. Last Month we were brought a bill of 20k which we managed pay, this past month (March) 35k bill was brought to us which we yet to pay because we don't have the money..All other previous month a bill of close to 20k have always been brought to us (2 bedroom flat ) when there's no light.. And whenever we complain why we are been billed much, they say is because we have no metre installed .. #Very very Wicked

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Insist Naira Must Not Be Further Devalued – Buhari / 4 Times Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Confused Us With His Grammar / Buhari’s Popularity Has Dropped– APC Chairman, Oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.