Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,175 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! (4876 Views)

Why Do Ladies Hardly Initiate Sex? / He Hardly Cum / My 3yrs Distant Friend Wants To Visit And Spend Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Jadekitana(f): 10:05am On Apr 06, 2016
Let's be realistic, you are very much inlove with someone you hardly see in months, it gets frustrating! It works for some but trust me a lot of people fall out of these distant thingy.Here are some reasons:

1) CONSTANT COMMUNICATION: it may be all sweet and cool when the love just started but give it 6months, long talks begin to get boring! These talks revolve around what's happening in your life daily,there's nothing new! Imagine someone who works morning till night exhausted and as usual you bring up those 1hour talks about your boss,exams,buhari,fuel scarcity, beef with one of your best friends....trust me, he/she may just get bored of the regular routine talks

2) DIRTY TALKS: nope!! This can never be compared to physical intimacy! We'v been talking dirty for months without actions, what's the difference between you and a celibate? It's even not advisable! Imagine sending naked pictures to your spouse,making videos and what have you, leaving them extremely h0rny, they become vulnerable. They ain't woods, any approach from someone they like can trigger anything immediately.

CHEATING: It takes a very disciplined person not to cheat and this seldom happens! I have friends whose girlfriends are in school or working in abuja or ph, they cheat a lot. They would tell you "yes I love my babe but body no be firewood" One recently fell for his bff and ended things with his babe after 2years, he just wasn't feeling the whole thing anymore.

MIND NOT AT REST: like it or not your thoughts always sway to his/her direction especially weekends. Questions like where is he? Who is in his house? Hope he's not camping anybody? Who is he hanging out with? You begin to stalk them 247 on social media, you start calling per second,if he/she is clubbing you stay awake keeping tabs on their movement *sighs* unnecessary high bp

LESS SPENDING: I know the guys would love this a lot! Stingy people! Distant relationship involves little or no spending, apart from fattening MTN's pocket due to calls! You don't hangout, you don't shop, you don't go to movies together, you don't go on dates! You just stick to your phone anytime you are free. I remember spending my allowee during Nysc every month flying to see this bobo, though he assisted in some other things, it DIDNT work because the whole process got tiring.

RELOCATING: this isn't always easy at all, especially when your company refuses to transfer you. Aside that it's not easy leaving all your childhood friends and family to be with someone who may just start acting up anytime, you need to think about that decision a lot.

If you have been in a distant rel for 2-3years and it's not heading anywhere, you need to use your brain and start plotting a Plan B before you receive the shock of your life. Like it or not Out of sight if cares not taken can very well lead to outa mind.

Btw Toks2008 how are you? kiss

3 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 06, 2016
cool I don't believe in a long distance love affair at all....I cud even hardly trust a man when he is jiz nxt to me, what more he is a thousand miles away? undecided
Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Jadekitana(f): 10:11am On Apr 06, 2016
KashyBaby:
cool I don't believe in a long distance love affair at all....I cud even hardly trust a man when he is jiz nxt to me, what more he is a thousand miles away? undecided

I forgot to put that grin trust issues! I cannot come and die here. I don't even trust myself let alone trust another fellow far away,its not possible.
Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by hifaif1: 10:15am On Apr 06, 2016
Every time I read about relationships, I feel happy to have chosen to be a priest.

2 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by funkyglitz: 10:17am On Apr 06, 2016
I love the "hardly" word u used but boo and I are doing just fine in BTW different countries.....to all those doing long distance rship is all about your mindset and determination but if that tingly itch arises you just have to get busy to distract yourself and if you can't den scratch yourself by mast**ba**g

3 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 06, 2016
Jadekitana:
Let's be realistic, you are very much inlove with someone you hardly see in months, it gets frustrating! It works for some but trust me a lot of people fall out of these distant thingy.Here are some reasons:
1) CONSTANT COMMUNICATION: it may be all sweet and cool when the love just started but give it 6months, long talks begin to get boring! These talks revolve around what's happening in your life daily,there's nothing new! Imagine someone who works morning till night exhausted and as usual you bring up those 1hour talks about your boss,exams,buhari,fuel scarcity, beef with one of your best friends....trust me, he/she may just get bored of the regular routine talks

Hmm, i beg to disagree on this point dear, the talks NEVER get boring if the feeling is mutual. My Reason? You do not do the same thing everyday, you do not even know what to expect for the next day, so, logically, you have at least something new to talk about each day. The convo does not even have to be unnecessarily long for it to make a whole lot of sense.

Jadekitana:
2) DIRTY TALKS: nope!! This can never be compared to physical intimacy! We'v been talking dirty for months without actions, what's the difference between you and a celibate? It's even not advisable! Imagine sending naked pictures to your spouse,making videos and what have you, leaving them extremely h0rny, they become vulnerable. They ain't woods, any approach from someone they like can trigger anything immediately.

This, i would agree with you. no dispute. This is a major challenge for a long distance relationship.

Jadekitana:
CHEATING: It takes a very disciplined person not to cheat and this seldom happens! I have friends whose girlfriends are in school or working in abuja or ph, they cheat a lot. They would tell you "yes I love my babe but body no be firewood" One recently fell for his bff and ended things with his babe after 2years, he just wasn't feeling the whole thing anymore.

Long distance relationship or not, a cheat will always be a cheat.

Jadekitana:
MIND NOT AT REST: like it or not your thoughts always sway to his/her direction especially weekends. Questions like where is he? Who is in his house? Hope he's not camping anybody? Who is he hanging out with? You begin to stalk them 247 on social media, you start calling per second,if he/she is clubbing you stay awake keeping tabs on their movement *sighs* unnecessary high bp

Lolz on this one dearie cheesy. The moment your mind begins to sway in that direction, then it is time to call it quits. You know why? The first foundation every relationship needs to have is TRUST!!! why would you wana be with someone you cannot trust Even if your partner is cheating on you, even if people feed you with different stories, as long as you trust your man?woman, My dear, you will not be swayed.
Even the ones under your nose will cheat on you so what makes a long distance relationship any different?

Jadekitana:
LESS SPENDING: I know the guys would love this a lot! Stingy people! Distant relationship involves little or no spending, apart from fattening MTN's pocket due to calls! You don't hangout, you don't shop, you don't go to movies together, you don't go on dates! You just stick to your phone anytime you are free. I remember spending my allowee during Nysc every month flying to see this bobo, though he assisted in some other things, it DIDNT work because the whole process got tiring.

Hmmmm, depending on your partner, it could actually involve more spending than a relationship where you get to see each other all the time. Did you just ask me why? smiley Well, your partner knows you don't get to see him all the time so he will wanna compensate you in every other way he can think of...monetary wise especially. Buh as i mentioned earlier, it depends on the partner involved. Guys are not stupid too, you cannot be cheating on a guy and then expect him to give you his all. That being said...I AM NOT GENERALIZING.

Jadekitana:
RELOCATING: this isn't always easy at all, especially when your company refuses to transfer you. Aside that it's not easy leaving all your childhood friends and family to be with someone who may just start acting up anytime, you need to think about that decision a lot.
If you have been in a distant rel for 2-3years and it's not heading anywhere, you need to use your brain and start plotting a Plan B before you receive the shock of your life. Like it or not Out of sight if cares not taken can very well lead to outa mind.
Btw Toks2008 how are you? kiss
hmmm

You have a point here sha. it requires a careful and planned process. In summary, your points are dependent on the parties involved, not all LDR sucks. Cheers bae wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 06, 2016
I think it can work it depends on the individuals involved .

Also time how long apart ( 1-2 years ) is very doable with visits even if its once a year it can work.

Distance how far is your loved one ..

Why do i say it depends on the individual , Op those points you listed yes thats the stigma ith distance relationship but some people no matter what, some dont cheat , stray , infact the person they love is the one thing keeping them going. Also no sexual acts being committed makes it special i gues for those who do it ( when they see each other ehh nah explosion)

Also you appreciate each other
Seeing ur guy or girl everyday seff can be soooo boring , one can loose interest after awhile. And all those things listed by the Op can still be done even when your bf/gf lives next door smiley

4 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 06, 2016
If 2 people are determined to be together distance wont be a thing. Ive seen several relationships that worked

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Jadekitana(f): 10:33am On Apr 06, 2016
funkyglitz:
I love the "hardly" word u used but boo and I are doing just fine in BTW different countries.....to all those doing long distance rship is all about your mindset and determination but if that tingly itch arises you just have to get busy to distract yourself and if you can't den scratch yourself by mast**ba**g

Masturkini? Lol
Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Fraih(f): 10:33am On Apr 06, 2016
...But I tell you, it works well for some people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by coolest01(m): 10:35am On Apr 06, 2016
My dear, you are not far from the truth!
Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Jadekitana(f): 10:36am On Apr 06, 2016
Fraih:
...But I tell you, it works well for some people.

If those people come out and tell you what they are going through en, it's not that easy at all.
Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Maxi112: 10:37am On Apr 06, 2016
U are right jade!
but some peeps find joy in it
Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Jadekitana(f): 10:37am On Apr 06, 2016
Hmmmm it's not so easy o
BumBae:
I think it can work it depends on the individuals involved .

Also time how long apart ( 1-2 years ) is very doable with visits even if its once a year it can work.

Distance how far is your loved one ..

Why do i say it depends on the individual , Op those points you listed yes thats the stigma ith distance relationship but some people no matter what, some dont cheat , stray , infact the person they love is the one thing keeping them going. Also no sexual acts being committed makes it special i gues for those who do it ( when they see each other ehh nah explosion)

Also you appreciate each other
Seeing ur guy or girl everyday seff can be soooo boring , one can loose interest after awhile. And all those things listed by the Op can still be done even when your bf/gf lives next door smiley
Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Curiousity01: 10:38am On Apr 06, 2016
funkyglitz:
Don't worry, ur eye go soon open...U still dey do "boo and i" abi sad
Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Jadekitana(f): 10:38am On Apr 06, 2016
I was there before, it's difficult
coolest01:
My dear, you are not far from the truth!
Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Jadekitana(f): 10:40am On Apr 06, 2016
undecided undecided undecided undecided
hifaif1:
Every time I read about relationships, I feel happy to have chosen to be a priest.
Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by HardMirror(m): 10:41am On Apr 06, 2016
I agree 100%
Seems the ban has given you little sense.
Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by coolest01(m): 10:43am On Apr 06, 2016
Jadekitana:
I was there before, it's difficult
Likewise. It's was an experience never to be experienced again grin

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Rexhenrex(m): 10:44am On Apr 06, 2016
[b]There is this saying that you only misss home when you hit the road!

Relating it to this matter at times distant relationships make you miss and love your spouse the most because whenever you both get to meet it seems as if that was the day you both just met and sparkles the love again.

Everything with an advantage also has its own disadvantage but i assure you love conquereth all when you love someone with the dept of your heart distance cannever make you fall out of love with them unless you were crushing,lusting or flirting with them.

In as much as the disadvantage can't be underscored,the possibilty of things to workout depends on how the feel bout each other. Distance relationship can work as long as communication,determination and trust is evident amongst both parties.

i can remember when bae was on scholarship in baltimore for 3yrs it didn't change how i felt for her because memories of time we spent together was always there to console me...
The bottom line is when you love someone dearly there mistakes is like a perfection in your eyes distant relationship works but just be sure its worth it and you are doing it for the right person and its leading to some where....#mimzy i see you![/b]

always remember that the best things in life don't easy!!

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Fraih(f): 10:45am On Apr 06, 2016
Jadekitana:

If those people come out and tell you what they are going through en, it's not that easy at all.
Yeah, even if they Skype all day...

For me, Being in a distance relationship and taking time to see once in 6wks, I can still relate with that... Buh anything outside that, Nah nah, not me embarassed

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Jadekitana(f): 10:46am On Apr 06, 2016
HardMirror:
I agree 100%

Seems the ban has given you little sense.

Dude it isn't by force you comment on my threads because they would be thrashed in my dustbin. Nairaland should have a delete button, that way some comments can be handled appropriately. I suggest you remove me from your followers as well, or is there a way I can block you? Lemme check.
Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Jadekitana(f): 10:47am On Apr 06, 2016
coolest01:
Likewise. It's was an experience never to be experienced again grin

Never ever grin
Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by MoneypassGod(m): 10:47am On Apr 06, 2016
Jadekitana, did u just write something reasonable?? D guys will always cheat, and d women will always get tired of d long distance thingy.
Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Jadekitana(f): 10:49am On Apr 06, 2016
MoneypassGod:
Jadekitana, did u just write something reasonable?? D guys will always cheat, and d women will always get tired of d long distance thingy.

undecided undecided undecided undecided @something reasonable! I haven't experienced something awkward lately, maybe I should invite someone for a hangout and sees if he's stingy undecided I wouldn't hesitate to paste that here
Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by MoneypassGod(m): 10:52am On Apr 06, 2016
Jadekitana:

undecided undecided undecided undecided @something reasonable! I haven't experienced something awkward lately, maybe I should invite someone for a hangout and sees if he's stingy undecided I wouldn't hesitate to paste that here
Oh please! ur article is spot on, don't spoil it with filthy comments.

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Jadekitana(f): 10:52am On Apr 06, 2016
Fraih:

Yeah, even if they Skype all day...

For me, Being in a distance relationship and taking time to see once in 6wks, I can still relate with that... Buh anything outside that, Nah nah, not me embarassed

It's worse with all that skyping! I remember travelling for a week, I virtually skyped all through, it didn't change anything. It's even worse seeing the person at the other end when you can't hold them. Nah nah nah
Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by HardMirror(m): 10:55am On Apr 06, 2016
MoneypassGod:
Not a good experience at all
Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 06, 2016
This is true.
1)You miss out on the physical presence of yer partner and physical contact.
2)Ya'll relationship(contact)ends when you put yer phone down.
Sounds bad but it's the hard truth.
3)You can forget about your partner at times.
4)Ya'll can't do things together the way you could if you where near each other.
No going on physical dates.
No sharing in experiences live.

3 Likes

Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Jadekitana(f): 10:58am On Apr 06, 2016
I'm actually impressed by your brilliant illustrations and careful explanations. These are the kinda comments I enjoy reading, atleast we learn everyday, though my stubborn head may not agree with some but most of them are realistic smiley nice one mimzy
mimzy:

Hmm, i beg to disagree on this point dear, the talks NEVER get boring if the feeling is mutual. My Reason? You do not do the same thing everyday, you do not even know what to expect for the next day, so, logically, you have at least something new to talk about each day. The convo does not even have to be unnecessarily long for it to make a whole lot of sense.

This, i would agree with you. no dispute. This is a major challenge for a long distance relationship.

Long distance relationship or not, a cheat will always be a cheat.

Lolz on this one dearie cheesy. The moment your mind begins to sway in that direction, then it is time to call it quits. You know why? The first foundation every relationship needs to have is TRUST!!! why would you wana be with someone you cannot trust Even if your partner is cheating on you, even if people feed you with different stories, as long as you trust your man?woman, My dear, you will not be swayed.
Even the ones under your nose will cheat on you so what makes a long distance relationship any different?

Hmmmm, depending on your partner, it could actually involve more spending than a relationship where you get to see each other all the time. Did you just ask me why? smiley Well, your partner knows you don't get to see him all the time so he will wanna compensate you in every other way he can think of...monetary wise especially. Buh as i mentioned earlier, it depends on the partner involved. Guys are not stupid too, you cannot be cheating on a guy and then expect him to give you his all. That being said...I AM NOT GENERALIZING.

hmmm

You have a point here sha. it requires a careful and planned process. In summary, your points are dependent on the parties involved, not all LDR sucks. Cheers bae wink
Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Jadekitana(f): 11:00am On Apr 06, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
This is true.
You can't go out together.

Ya'll relationship ends when you put yer phone down.
Sounds bad but it's the hard truth.

You can forget about your partner at times.

And that's when one male friend becomes all caring and giving you attention when your boo is far far away. Too bad!

1 Like

Re: Distant Relationships Hardly Work!!! by Fraih(f): 11:01am On Apr 06, 2016
Jadekitana:

It's worse with all that skyping! I remember travelling for a week, I virtually skyped all through, it didn't change anything. It's even worse seeing the person at the other end when you can't hold them. Nah nah nah

LoL cheesy
That's like torture...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies What Does It Taste Like To Suck A Dick / Is My Wife Seductive Enough For My Father..pics Attached.. / Woman Has Sex With 919 Men At A Time Creates Guinness World Record..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.