Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill (4052 Views)

"I Am Tired Of Seeing My Husband's Hard Joystick Every Morning!" - Nigerian Lady / Vibrator Given To A Housewife As Wedding Souvenir In Lagos (Photos) / "I Am Tired Of Feeding And Clothing My Husband", A Woman Begs Court For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by mamamuna: 12:01am On Apr 07, 2016
Please i want to seek advice from mothers on naira land. I have gotten several job offers which I rejected cos of my 5years old son. I believe no one can take care of my son just like me. So I have decided to learn a skill so i can take care of my family, though i love business but hubby said he doesn't have enough cash to set me up. Please advise me on the skill to learn and will be making cool cash. God bless you
Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by Acidosis(m): 1:05am On Apr 07, 2016
If the idea is to make money to take care of your family, I'd suggest you grab a job somewhere with good working conditions.

Enterprising and trading do not give us all the time we seek, clients and customers don't want stories, they do not care whether you have family issues to resolve or not. Following the basis for your preference, you'd be disappointing your customers, and that's not good for business.

Your son is 5. At 7, I've learnt to make rice, eba, etc, and I take good care of myself without the full attention of my mom. At 9, I made up my mind to attend a boarding school. Today, I'm still active, and alive. Your son would be fine without your 100% attention. Forward your resume and get a paid job, business is hard when the aim is profit.

However, if you just want to get busy, without anyone bothering you with deadlines, and pressures, I could recommend 101 skills.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by Ewuro4: 3:28am On Apr 07, 2016
A 5yr old is already a school ager I believe? Put him in school already.

Put your Resumes out for a job if you have formal education & past experience.

If you have no past experience, start with volunteering.

Learn a skill (Sewing, Hair , Auto-mechanic) of choice.

3 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by Pennsylvania: 6:28am On Apr 07, 2016
Your 5year old son is already grown up and should already be in school if you ask me. As for the skill aspect, I think sewing will be ideal. But if you've graduated; be it University or Poly, then I think you should go looking for a good paying job to support your hubby.

2 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by 2sexycom(m): 6:54am On Apr 07, 2016
mamamuna:
Please i want to seek advice from mothers on naira land. I have gotten several job offers which I rejected cos of my 5years old son. I believe no one can take care of my son just like me. So I have decided to learn a skill so i can take care of my family, though i love business but hubby said he doesn't have enough cash to set me up. Please advise me on the skill to learn and will be making cool cash. God bless you
Yes no one can take care of your son like you... I will be blunt, put that child down and let him build his own world. Being over-protective to a child is very detrimental to his mental well-being. Let him decide for himself. Let him make his own mistakes and learn from them. He is a future man, a future husband, a future leader and therefore should be giving the platform to exercise his innate potential.

You are not he and therefore you do not know this, I speak as someone who was over protected and I know what the result did to I and my siblings after our mother past on.

Acidosis has told you the best advise. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by dangotesmummy: 7:07am On Apr 07, 2016
IT depends on what you enjoy doing that is what will determine what you will learn.nlders cant know that only you can know that.

Therefore if you enjoy cooking go to catering school
if you enjoy taking care of home and people go for hotel management training
if you like fashion like cloth making or hair go to fashion school

If it's make up go and learn it
If it's acting you love go study theatre arts or go to theatre art school

If you love fixing or repairing phones laptops etc go and learn IT. It's the passion you have for what you enjoy doing that will bring the success. Of course God factor and hardwork

As for your 5year old he's no more a baby that you will be dotting on 100%

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by thorpido(m): 7:18am On Apr 07, 2016
Your son is 5yrs,old enough to start getting independent.Are you still breast.feeding him?
Go ahead and get the job,just look for one that doesn't take your whole day.You could learn fashion designing.

2 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by Dyt(f): 7:52am On Apr 07, 2016
I trust my NL family women
They hate women hiding behind laziness
kiss

6 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by Blade21: 8:44am On Apr 07, 2016
at 5 you are scared of leaving him alone I already know the kind of man he will be please leave that boy alone and get a job or better you can volunteer to teach in his school free of charge so you be around him all the time od you are so worried

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by LaRoyalHighness(f): 3:42pm On Apr 07, 2016
I don't believe this.. I simply don't. However if by any chance you are for real... I am sorry... I don't believe what I just read.

2 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by jashar(f): 9:30pm On Apr 07, 2016
you berra send the boy to school already. Are you home schooling?

Learn to make beaded jewellery. If you have the interest

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by uyiekpenm(f): 11:17pm On Apr 07, 2016
Give it time. everything will work out well.

3 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by Evina(f): 8:30am On Apr 08, 2016
OP: thank you for this thread oh. Please don't be offended, let me leverage on this platform to seek my own advice.

My lad is a little over three weeks old. I'm currently on a three month maternity leave.
Career mothers, please how did you cope with leaving your infant? Is three months not too young to be in a crèche? cry

I need to start planning now.

Madam Dyt, if you hide behind others to call me lazy ehn angry
Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by Dyt(f): 10:41am On Apr 08, 2016
Evina:
OP: thank you for this thread oh. Please don't be offended, let me leverage on this platform to seek my own advice.

My lad is a little over three weeks old. I'm currently on a three month maternity leave.
Career mothers, please how did you cope with leaving your infant? Is three months not too young to be in a crèche? cry

No you not lazy
Infact you are a super mom
As a nursing mum, you should be given like a year half working day
Dunno about where you work

My people will say I am a mean mum reason I stopped breastfeeding at 4-5 months but he chose to lol[i][/i]

Mine started creche at about 8months
No regrets

Some even drop theirs at 1month
You will always cringe even if he's 10years and not with you
That's why you a mother

For me
3months not too young but you don't have to leave the young man for too long

Or you can employ me sef
Hehehehehee

2 Likes

Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by SURElee(f): 11:09am On Apr 08, 2016
What is your passion? You could learn a skill in d area of your passion?

Do you love events? Cake baking, cocktail and smoothie drinks and small chops?
Do you like fashion designing? Then take up a course in it.
How about catering and food services?
How about beauty (makeovers), hair, nails and facials?

The list goes on and on.

Over to you dearie! Ultimate deciion if yours to make

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by Evina(f): 11:31am On Apr 08, 2016
cheesy Dyt, you funny.

I currently work in Naija. I doubt that there's any organisation that offers one year maternity leave in this country.

1 month old in crèche? shocked You exaggerating right?

I envy the time you had with your lad.
But I wanna do exclusive breast feeding for 8 months. wink
Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by Dyt(f): 11:39am On Apr 08, 2016
Evina:
cheesy Dyt, you funny.

I currently work in Naija. I doubt that there's any organisation that offers one year maternity leave in this country.

1 month old in crèche? shocked You exaggerating right?

I envy the time you had with your lad.
But I wanna do exclusive breast feeding for 8 months. wink

I mean half day
Resume 8/9am and close 2/3pm

Not exaggerating
I saw it ni
All these women working in lekki, ikoyi, vi and live around iju shaga lol

You can have as much time as you work
You sleep and wake together
After work he's gonna be with you till next day and weekends you both have to yourself

I understand
It comes with first child
Enjoy it mummy
smiley
Now I want 2 at a time
Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by Evina(f): 12:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
Dyt:

I mean half day
Resume 8/9am and close 2/3pm

Not exaggerating
I saw it ni
All these women working in lekki, ikoyi, vi and live around iju shaga lol

You can have as much time as you work
You sleep and wake together
After work he's gonna be with you till next day and weekends you both have to yourself

I understand
It comes with first child
Enjoy it mummy
smiley
Now I want 2 at a time

Oh okay.

Those women dey try!

Two ke?!

One more and I'm done!
And she'll come when cutie is approaching 3(by God's Grace) LOL.

I recall one Colleague I had, she was a nursing mum. Took up the job when her baby was three months old. She no stay reach one month oh! cheesy

When she resumes, she'd pick up her phone and watch pictures and videos of her baby sleeping, then she'd almost wanna cry. cheesy

She couldn't cope!
Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by byvan03: 12:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
OP you are not serious, is he not in school yet at age 5? You can learn anything you have interest in but I will suggest you grab a job please. Pay for extra lessons, that way you can care for your child as you want without it interfering with your job. Good thing about a job is that you don't feel it when business is poor, money still comes from somewhere.

Evina I really won't know if I can put my 3 months old in creche, some work places give consideration to new mothers. In my workplace they let nursing mothers leave by 12pm.
Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by Dyt(f): 1:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
Evina:

Oh okay.

Those women dey try!

Two ke?!

One more and I'm done!
And she'll come when cutie is approaching 3(by God's Grace) LOL.

I recall one Colleague I had, she was a nursing mum. Took up the job when her baby was three months old. She no stay reach one month oh! cheesy

When she resumes, she'd pick up her phone and watch pictures and videos of her baby sleeping, then she'd almost wanna cry. cheesy

She couldn't cope!

cheesy
Mothers are that way jor
Meanwhile
Enjoy your 3months
Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by Evina(f): 1:36pm On Apr 08, 2016
byvan03:

Evina I really won't know if I can put my 3 months old in creche, some work places give consideration to new mothers. In my workplace they let nursing mothers leave by 12pm.

So who watches him till 12pm? cry

There's a crèche quite close to where my office is located. About 3mins drive. I will have to go check it out.

I mean, what other options do I have?
Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by Evina(f): 1:37pm On Apr 08, 2016
Dyt:

cheesy
Mothers are that way jor
Meanwhile
Enjoy your 3months

cheesy wink
Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by byvan03: 1:54pm On Apr 08, 2016
Evina:

There's a crèche quite close to where my office is located. About 3mins drive. I will have to go check it out.

You have to endure the creche till 12, will they let you bring the child to work? Some bring a help to work because their office is secluded and has the space.
Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by Evina(f): 2:41pm On Apr 08, 2016
byvan03:

You have to endure the creche till 12, will they let you bring the child to work? Some bring a help to work because their office is secluded and has the space.

Space, we've got lots of it but it just hasn't been the culture to bring infants to the job. ;DD

I believe God will make a way.
Thanks alot for your input. smiley
Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by byvan03: 2:47pm On Apr 08, 2016
Evina:

Space, we've got lots of it but it just hasn't been the culture to bring infants to the job. ;DD

Uw dear, a way will surely manifest.
Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by thorpido(m): 3:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
Evina:

You didn't say anything about mother/mother-in-law?Are they no options?
3mths is not too early for a creche if that's the only option you have.Just look for one close to where you work and if your work allows you to close early,that's a plus.
Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by Evina(f): 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
thorpido:
You didn't say anything about mother/mother-in-law?Are they no options?
3mths is not too early for a creche if that's the only option you have.Just look for one close to where you work and if your work allows you to close early,that's a plus.

Uncle Thorpido! smiley

So good to read from you.

Hmm. I lost my mum to a careless doctor when I was 5.
My mum in law is a busy woman oh. She spent two weeks with us before going back. cheesy
Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by HaneefahRN(f): 4:27pm On Apr 08, 2016
Evina:

What of a relative? Like your mom or mother-in-law or like a younger sis.
Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by Evina(f): 4:32pm On Apr 08, 2016
Hello HaneefahRN smiley

Regarding your question:
Evina:

Hmm. I lost my mum to a careless doctor when I was 5.
My mum in law is a busy woman oh. She spent two weeks with us before going back. cheesy

Younger sister...
Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by HaneefahRN(f): 4:38pm On Apr 08, 2016
Evina:
Hello HaneefahRN smiley

Regarding your question:

Younger sister...

Hi

Eeyah, sorry about that. You can try out the creche too then, thank God you have one near your work place. Lots of love to that little cutie smiley
Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by SimpleWow(f): 4:53pm On Apr 08, 2016
Evina:

I was working in the bank when I had my first son some years back. They gave me 3 months maternity leave.
Then close by 2pm for 3 months after resumption from maternity leave.
I got a nanny for him 2 weeks to my resumption date. She will come to the house as early as 6am and leave when I return from work. I am not comfortable with taking my 3 month old baby to creche. I also started giving him SMA gold some days to my resumption date.

I will breastfeed him before going to work then the nanny will feed him till am back by 2pm then I continue breastfeeding till the next morning.
He started school at 1 yr/7 months. ( play group)

So u can get someone to stay with him at home. U can express your breast milk and put in the refrigerator, if you don't want to introduce formular to him at 3 month.

1 Like

Re: Am Tired Of Being A Housewife I Want To Learn A Skill by doveda: 4:54pm On Apr 08, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Hi

Eeyah, sorry about that. You can try out the creche too then, thank God you have one near your work place. Lots of love to that little cutie smiley

Sent!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Spend Saturdays As A Super Dad. PHOTOS. / Warning! Lets Go Through Story Books Now Before Buying For Kids (picture) / How To Spot A Fake Mattress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.