Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This (67108 Views)

Present House Majority Leader's Message To GEJ Concerning The Increase Of Petrol / Press Statement Concerning Fuel Subsidy Removal ( Picture) / Pmb And Fayose In China !!! Spot The Difference !!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by ajawara(m): 5:57pm On Apr 08, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
One of the major problems wrong with Nigerians is that we forget easily. This is the reason why hardened criminals and looters in the past can easily come back and contest for public office to the extent of winning. It is so sad that some people, mostly youths who are the leaders of tomorrow are going about with the slogan "#BringBackOurCorruption". They say they want the last administration presided by Good luck Ebele Jonathan back in power cos they can't stand the current fuel scarcity amidst other challenges that I believe the Nation will breeze through in due time.

This brainwashed blind bats who love to view things ethnically are quick to forget that the fuel scarcity experienced towards the end of the last administration's tenure was really unbearable compared to what we are currently facing now. Then, major sectors were shutting down, from telecommunications to the media, from aviation to banking. Nigerians were literally cut off from the rest of the world during that period. A period in which getting a bus to the bank to withdraw money was difficult cos buses had no fuel. When you manage to get to the bank, you are told you arrived late cos they close early due to shortage of diesel. Was the power sector any different?

Take a look at the pictures of fuel scarcity events that took place in the last administration below and tell me that Nigerians didn't make a good choice in voting them out.

By this write up you have clearly shown that the apc change is FAKE
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by DeWorlex45(m): 6:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
Dis OP na original zombie, trying evry means to defend their failure to provide d CHANGE dey promised Nigerians. If dis OP can be judging dis govt (wit d slogan of CHANGE) by d previous admin, it means Naija pple don enter one chance bus. D question i wish to ask dis OP is dt; why was d previous admin voted out? & what is d meaning of d Change dis present admin promised Nigerians?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by bashydemy(m): 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
OLADD:

So if a party promised change and all they provide is chain , you expect people to suffer in silence? Go for your psychosis test ASAP.
And you have think change come overnight? Even an insane person taken in for rehabilitation takes a lot of time to healed. Nigeria is seriously sick and needed time bro.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Coolgent(m): 8:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
seg9mm@yahoo.com

notify me when you send a msg
Ok
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by erico2k2(m): 8:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
bashydemy:
And you have think change come overnight? Even an insane person taken in for rehabilitation takes a lot of time to healed. Nigeria is seriously sick and needed time bro.
Oh boy this ur English shaa, I hope change no follow grin grin grin grin
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by olusd(m): 11:00pm On Apr 08, 2016
Pidggin:

You better hold yourself and stop calling me a liar, i know what i am saying and if i lived in a remote area i should not be getting signals to be online.
Lol... I never called u a liar. I only said ur fact wasn't d truth shikenah! Sorry 4 that
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by chris81964(m): 8:17pm On Apr 09, 2016
1.Saudi Arabia with a population of 26m has 16 functional refineries, to commission another 2 of 400k barrel each per day capacity in 2016

2. The U.S State of California alone has 26, Texas has 19 refineries

3. While Singapore with a population of 5.6million people has 3 refineries with combine refining capacity 1.3m bp/d

4. Nigeria has 3 or 4 (non functional refineries) built in the 70s & early 80s...now obsolete...16 years of oil boom we didn't add even ONE.

5. When you don't invest in our downstream sector, but handed out importation licenses to cronies & acolytes. Today we are paying the price

6. We are paying the price of our past profligacy, irresponsibility in governance and blind leadership.

8. Egbin power plant was valued at $1.2 billion a German electricity company budded but GEJ sold is to Sahara energy at $470m.

9. Sahara had no previous antecedents on power plant aside importation of petrol but we handed them our LARGEST thermal plant..

10. Easier to cry today but whatever problems we see today was created yesterday with the active connivance of all of us...

11. Active connivance in the sense that we all kept quiet & looked away... Our day just dey break?

12. I am not exonerating the FG of blame, but laying the facts as they are... While you have the right to be angry, pls be angry with sense.

13. Change will come but it will not come overnight... A lot of mess was made either out of omission or commission, change will take a while

14. I am laying these facts out and I challenge anybody with contrary facts to bring it.

15. I am doing this because I feel the pain and agony we are going thru and I feel the collective hurt but we must understand why we are here.

16. I pray that the present FG will have the courage and conviction to right so many of the ills of the past. Our future depends on it.

17. May Nigeria be great again & may our collective suffering spur us to a greater sense of true nationhood. Nigeria shall rise again!!!

2 Likes

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by erico2k2(m): 12:29am On Apr 10, 2016
chris81964:
1.Saudi Arabia with a population of 26m has 16 functional refineries, to commission another 2 of 400k barrel each per day capacity in 2016

3. While Singapore with a population of 5.6million people has 3 refineries with combine refining capacity 1.3m bp/d

4. Nigeria has 3 or 4 (non functional refineries) built in the 70s & early 80s...now obsolete...16 years of oil boom we didn't add even ONE.

5. When you don't invest in our downstream sector, but handed out importation licenses to cronies & acolytes. Today we are paying the price

6. We are paying the price of our past profligacy, irresponsibility in governance and blind leadership.

8. Egbin power plant was valued at $1.2 billion a German electricity company budded but GEJ sold is to Sahara energy at $470m.

9. Sahara had no previous antecedents on power plant aside importation of petrol but we handed them our LARGEST thermal plant..

10. Easier to cry today but whatever problems we see today was created yesterday with the active connivance of all of us...

11. Active connivance in the sense that we all kept quiet & looked away... Our day just dey break?

12. I am not exonerating the FG of blame, but laying the facts as they are... While you have the right to be angry, pls be angry with sense.

13. Change will come but it will not come overnight... A lot of mess was made either out of omission or commission, change will take a while

14. I am laying these facts out and I challenge anybody with contrary facts to bring it.

15. I am doing this because I feel the pain and agony we are going thru and I feel the collective hurt but we must understand why we are here.

16. I pray that the present FG will have the courage and conviction to right so many of the ills of the past. Our future depends on it.

17. May Nigeria be great again & may our collective suffering spur us to a greater sense of true nationhood. Nigeria shall rise again!!!
with all this plenty write up, I challenge you to name anyone i n government who was not in government for the just past 30 years,Im waiting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by peterjero(m): 8:36am On Apr 10, 2016
erico2k2:

with all this plenty write up, I challenge you to name anyone i n government who was not in government for the just past 30 years,Im waiting.
Bros you too tight that's why I dey follow you, GEJ remove subsidy people hold am for throat, buhari remove people praise am, GEJ sell public company to oyibo them say he sell to mortgage our future, he sell am to Nigerian they say na him crony wetin we no hear say GEJ do. He was just hated for reason I don't know sometimes I am forced to think whether because he was a minority after all Ironsi was treated the same way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by erico2k2(m): 3:43pm On Apr 10, 2016
peterjero:

Bros you too tight that's why I dey follow you, GEJ remove subsidy people hold am for throat, buhari remove people praise am, GEJ sell public company to oyibo them say he sell to mortgage our future, he sell am to Nigerian they say na him crony wetin we no hear say GEJ do. He was just hated for reason I don't know sometimes I am forced to think whether because he was a minority after all Ironsi was treated the same way.
My guy me I tire for some people reasoning
I dey wait make them name who nor dey govt within the past 30 years..life hard now raise to power 50.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by peterjero(m): 3:47pm On Apr 10, 2016
erico2k2:

My guy me I tire for some people reasoning
I dey wait make them name who nor dey govt within the past 30 years..life hard now raise to power 50.
Even the Saint Buhari sef was he a fantastic leader in the 80s?
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by erico2k2(m): 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2016
peterjero:

Even the Saint Buhari sef was he a fantastic leader in the 80s?
Same thing he did wen he ruled during the 80's. Nothing changed.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Nusaf: 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2016
erico2k2:

Same thing he did wen he ruled during the 80's. Nothing changed.
Do you know who built these refineries over 30 yrs ago? These refineries were built when PMB was the petroleum minister and the subsequent successive administration could neither build more nor even maintain the ones they inherited.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Gbawe: 4:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
@OP.

Don't mind these recalcitrant elements who deliberately fail to acknowledge what even a reasonable child can discern which is that it will get worse before it gets better. Nigerians are a people who are difficult to reason with. I have just come from a thread where a die-hard hater of Buhari, who called Mr.President many unsavoury names, claimed that OBJ "gave" us Buhari in his desperate attempt to prove a non-existent point. He also foolishly asked what the price of crude has to do with improved electricity simply because I pointed out that if GEJ and the PDP could not add Megawatts to our generating capacity when oil sold at $110.00 per barrel then how will Buhari do so with oil selling at $30.00 with Nigeria even having to borrow money to deal with urgent recurrent expenses such as salaries of government workers?

How can anyone, other than biased and prejudiced Nigerians, not understand that more funds means a chance to improve or boost infrastructure while paucity of funds, in a severe economic downturn, means that a priority list will have to be compiled which will mean for now, and naturally, infrastructural development will be low on that list? How is that a 'Rocket Science' concept for even a child to grasp? Sometimes I feel really sorry for Nigeria because her greatest enemies, willing her to fail, are Nigerians reacting to the to prejudice they have been brought up with. No one is disputing that there is suffering in Nigeria currently but let us look realistically at how we got here and understand that we simply do not have the income or economic endowment to recover quickly.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Gbawe: 5:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
chris81964:

God will bless you for this post of the year delivery. The parts in bold above are especially brilliant. Nigerians and their ALUU proclivities, and for many reasons to include prejudice against one thing or the other, will never see your point which are completely factual and presented in a way that any reasonable person will concur. Personally I don't even bother to reason with some Nigerians any more because their insistence on getting water from a stone, while ignoring the very salient reason for this being impossible, is really off-putting and verging on the offensive. These same ALUU critics, despite the enormous damage GEJ did, come here daily to praise him while attacking Buhari for not clearing the mess of Jonathan and the PDP miraculously and in days. Do they even bother to acknowledge facts, as you have laid it out here, that shows we are in serious trouble and that quick fixes are simply impossible?
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Gbawe: 5:24pm On Apr 10, 2016
Below is an article from objective non-Nigerian economic experts and analysts, when GEJ was still President, warning that Nigeria is in serious trouble and that no quick fixes or rapid recovery should be expected , partly because of global conditions and also because of what we did and did not do, yet you can trust Nigerians to never never see reason while they continue insisting a stone must produce water bearing in mind that the stern warning below came when oil was selling at $68.00 per barrel under GEJ to then plummet to around $30.00 per barrel under Buhari. What some Nigerians are doing is tantamount to an unreasonable teenager asking his father for a car when the dad has just lost his job and in essence 80% of his income. Why not give you dad time to find another job before demanding what is financially impossible for him to deliver?

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nigerias-tumbling-currency-a-victim-of-falling-oil-prices-1417535209

Nigeria’s Tumbling Currency a Victim of Falling Oil Prices
Highly Oil Dependent Economy Feeling the Pinch
Nigeria’s currency has fallen to record lows as the country is hit by its dependency on oil, the price of which has tumbled 40% since June.
REUTERS
By PATRICK MCGROARTY, DREW HINSHAW and JOSIE COX
Updated Dec. 2, 2014 2:20 p.m. ET
3 COMMENTS
Nigeria’s currency tumbled to a record low on Tuesday, hammered by falling oil prices that have weighed on Africa’s top economy as it heads toward an election.

Nigeria overestimated oil prices this year by a wide margin—and is now suffering. Economists fear weak oil prices may prevent Africa’s most populous nation from hitting the 7% growth the International Monetary Fund has forecast for this year.

“We’re a substantial way from the economy even starting to think about being able to recover,” said Nitesh Shah, an analyst at ETF Securities in London. “The government’s options are limited.”

Oil and natural gas make up almost all of Nigeria’s exports and 80% of government revenue, according to the IMF.

As Brent crude prices have slipped 40% since June, to $68 a barrel, the wheels have begun to come off Nigeria’s economy.

Nigeria, whose economy surpassed South Africa in April as the continent’s largest, has striven to generate revenue beyond oil. Recent years saw promising growth in booming telecommunications, banks, hotels and other service businesses.

But to sustain that growth, businesses say they need bigger ports, more highways and fewer blackouts that crimp factory production and curb tax revenue. A weaker naira will make it more expensive to build that infrastructure.

The naira slumped to 186.9 to the U.S. dollar, traders said, extending a slide that has shaved more than 10% off its value this year.

Many African countries are paying the price for counting on one commodity to drive their economies. Growth has stalled in oil-rich Angola. Falling copper prices have dented growth in Zambia. Lower iron-ore prices were hurting Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone even before the Ebola epidemic made things far worse.

ENLARGE
President Goodluck Jonathan, standing for re-election, has come under pressure to avoid unpopular spending cuts. As a result, the current budget of nearly $30 billion is hardly $1 billion leaner than last year’s, but the decline in oil prices has choked revenue.

In October, Nigeria—which spends a fifth of its budget on its military—borrowed an additional $1 billion to buy helicopters, fighter jets and other equipment to combat Islamist militants. On Tuesday, the insurgency Boko Haram bombed a market in one city and raided police barracks in another.

In November, the government submitted a revised budget that proposes spending cuts based on a new average oil price of $73 a barrel. But even that price could be “overly optimistic,” warned the central bank governor, Godwin Emefiele.
‘We get used to high oil prices and assume it’s going to be there forever.’
—Ken Iwelumo, former investment banker
Nigeria isn’t the only big oil producer with a wilting currency. Russia’s ruble has shed nearly half of its value against the dollar since May. Norway’s krone has dropped 17% since then, and the Canadian dollar is down 5%.

[size=14pt]But Nigeria is particularly vulnerable. Unlike its peers, it didn’t save while oil prices were high. A public fund that contained $20 billion in oil proceeds when crude prices first surged past $100 a barrel in 2008 had shrunk to $4 billion as of November.

“We get used to high oil prices and assume it’s going to be there forever,” said Ken Iwelumo, a former investment banker who now farms catfish in Nigeria.

[/size]
Economists say oil prices could stay low for months. The 12-member Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries, who collectively pump more than a third of the world’s oil, agreed last week to maintain a target of producing 30 million barrels a day.

[size=14pt]Meanwhile, the country’s power-privatization program has hit snags. Investors say they can’t improve supply until the government invests $1.5 billion a year to replace a rusted-out grid of power lines.
[/size]
Nigeria’s All-Shares Index fell 1.8% on Tuesday, extending a drop of almost 18% this year.

In November, Nigeria’s central bank tried to support the naira by limiting sales of the U.S. dollar. When the naira continued to drop, the central bank bought the Nigerian currency to pump up demand, traders say. The bank’s foreign-exchange reserves shrank by $2 billion and the selloff continued.

Last week, the central bank raised its benchmark interest rate by one percentage point to a record 13%. It also lowered the naira’s target trading band to around 168 against the dollar from 155 previously.

The naira is still trading outside that target. Fresh dollar sales by the central bank did little to stop its slide, traders say.

“Things are happening too quickly, too suddenly, too sharply for the average Nigerian or even analysts to process,” said Bizmark Rewane, managing director of Lagos-based Financial Derivatives Co. “We do not know what will happen.”
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by erico2k2(m): 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2016
Nusaf:

Do you know who built these refineries over 30 yrs ago? These refineries were built when PMB was the petroleum minister and the subsequent successive administration could neither build more nor even maintain the ones they inherited.
Glad U said he was the minister, did you also forgot the name of the lresident/head of state then?
And how come he could not at least start a new refinery when he became head of state?
My I u tial question and challenge still stand.I ask anybody to name anyone in our present day government who has not been in power of some sort in the last 30 years
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by erico2k2(m): 5:42pm On Apr 10, 2016
Gbawe:
Below is an article from objective non-Nigerian economic experts and analysts, when GEJ was still President, warning that Nigeria is in serious trouble and that no quick fixes or rapid recovery should be expected , partly because of global conditions and also because of what we did and did not do, yet you can trust Nigerians to never never see reason while they continue insisting a stone must produce water bearing in mind that the stern warning below came when oil was selling at $68.00 per barrel under GEJ to then plummet to around $30.00 per barrel under Buhari. What some Nigerians are doing is tantamount to an unreasonable teenager asking his father for a car when the dad has just lost his job and in essence 80% of his income. Why not give you dad time to find another job before demanding what is financially impossible for him to deliver?

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nigerias-tumbling-currency-a-victim-of-falling-oil-prices-1417535209

I think you are missing the point. This is not dollar or oil cost issue. We are talking of petrol for the common man which we have the raw materials in abondance. This is the question. These same rulers in power ja e been the same in power at some capacity in the last and past 30 years.so where is the change coming from?can't U see the darkness we are heading to. And it doesn't help when the fg give I realistic promises.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by erico2k2(m): 8:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
Nusaf:

can we keep this records if we may
Nigerian External Debt...
2010 = $6.8billion [Yaradua added $3.6billion in 3years.]
2015 = $9.4billion [Jonathan added $2.6Billion in 5years]
2016 = $12.9billion [Buhari added $3.5Billion in 10months]. Excluding the $2billion loan coming from China and $2.5 from Islamic Bank. Who is more prudent?
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Nusaf: 9:39pm On Apr 10, 2016
erico2k2:

can we keep this records if we may
Nigerian External Debt...
2010 = $6.8billion [Yaradua added $3.6billion in 3years.]
2015 = $9.4billion [Jonathan added $2.6Billion in 5years]
2016 = $12.9billion [Buhari added $3.5Billion in 10months]. Excluding the $2billion loan coming from China and $2.5 from Islamic Bank. Who is more prudent?
Why did GEJ and Yar'adua borrow? What was the price of crude oil then compared to now? And what did GEJ do with the 2.6B he borrowed? Dasuki comes to mind.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by erico2k2(m): 10:11pm On Apr 10, 2016
Nusaf:

Why did GEJ and Yar'adua borrow? What was the price of crude oil then compared to now? And what did GEJ do with the 2.6B he borrowed? Dasuki comes to mind.
I see u got it in for GEJ,
did U see the amount PMB borrowed in 10 months?
the so called Dansuki is beginning to be a myth, cos PMB has bought no equipment for the NA, its the ones bought by the dansuki gate that is still being used.

1 Like

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by kolaaderin: 10:30pm On Apr 10, 2016
Pidggin:

Where are you? No filling station is selling at that price except NNPC.

Move to the city and stop living in jungle. Fuel is 86.50 here in all fueling station without queue. I bought full tank in just 10 minutes today.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Nusaf: 10:47pm On Apr 10, 2016
erico2k2:

I see u got it in for GEJ,
did U see the amount PMB borrowed in 10 months?
the so called Dansuki is beginning to be a myth, cos PMB has bought no equipment for the NA, its the ones bought by the dansuki gate that is still being used.
Pls answer the simple questions
1. Why did GEJ and Yar'adua borrow?
2. What did GEJ do with the borrowed money?
3. What was the price of crude oil then compared to now?
And, I don't seem to understand what u mean by the equipment bought by Dasuki for NA. Is it that you are not aware of the ongoing revelation in that Dasuki case or what?
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by erico2k2(m): 12:01am On Apr 11, 2016
Nusaf:

Pls answer the simple questions
1. Why did GEJ and Yar'adua borrow?
2. What did GEJ do with the borrowed money?
3. What was the price of crude oil then compared to now?
And, I don't seem to understand what u mean by the equipment bought by Dasuki for NA. Is it that you are not aware of the ongoing revelation in that Dasuki case or what?

why would I answer your questions when you ignored mine?
Answer mine first then i can give you a very comprehensive answer to all of your questions inclusive of ones you aint thought of asking yet.
I threw a challenge to all you APC supporters,
I asked just one question
NAME ONE PERSON IN POWER TODAY WHO WAS NOT IN POWER THE LAST 30 YEARS.
Thats the only question i asked, you are here asking irrelevant question to the subject matta.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Nusaf: 1:07am On Apr 11, 2016
erico2k2:

why would I answer your questions when you ignored mine?
Answer mine first then i can give you a very comprehensive answer to all of your questions inclusive of ones you aint thought of asking yet.
I threw a challenge to all you APC supporters,
I asked just one question
NAME ONE PERSON IN POWER TODAY WHO WAS NOT IN POWER THE LAST 30 YEARS.
Thats the only question i asked, you are here asking irrelevant question to the subject matta.
But I thought you were comparing GEJ, Yar'adua and PMB in terms of prudence, hence my question. But rather than answer it, you went ahead to ask a different question. I think it is your question that is irrelevant because you completely left the comparison u were drawing and went ahead to ask a question that is not even related. Pls one at time. U were comparing the prudence of the trio in terms of money borrowed vis-a-vis the respective durations. I think the need for borrowing and how such borrowed money was spent should be the yardstick for determining prudence rather than the amount borrowed and duration. So, can you now explain why such money was borrowed and how the borrowed money was spent? Pls stop digressing if you really have your points and as I have earlier said, one at a time.

1 Like

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Gbawe: 7:41am On Apr 11, 2016
erico2k2:

I think you are missing the point. This is not dollar or oil cost issue. We are talking of petrol for the common man which we have the raw materials in abondance. This is the question. These same rulers in power ja e been the same in power at some capacity in the last and past 30 years.so where is the change coming from?can't U see the darkness we are heading to. And it doesn't help when the fg give I realistic promises.

I miss no point at all. What we have in "abundance" is crude oil and not its refined derivative like PMS (premium motor spirit) which happens to be scarce at the moment for no other reason than the fact that the PDP, in 16 long years, did nothing to ensure we moved near optimal refining capacity which would have two wonderful and socio-economically benevolent effects:

(1) The availability of refined derivatives of crude to adequately meet domestic need and
(2) The profitable sale of excess refined derivative of crude that will earn Nigeria useful income she can use to improve infrastructure, healthcare, power et al.

If you are a genuinely objective and honest Nigerian, looking for solutions for our dear nation, you will admit that it is the PDP, under its successive President to include GEJ, that failed in 16 years to address the poor state of our crude oil refining capacity since our current democratic phase began in 1999. Let us say the truth and shame the devil. We drew a line in the sand regarding the excesses of past military rule when we opted for democracy in 1999. It was the PDP that won the right to lead Nigeria forward from then and into a new age where our most severe and historically debilitating problems should have been addressed. Instead, and despite earning a lot of money, the PDP and her Presidents, to include the GEJ you have a penchant for defending, only managed to make matters worse. In 16 years our refining capacity is poorer than ever and power generation is worse while healthcare and infrastructural development have worsened under the PDP.

This has all now culminated in a very dire state of affairs Buhari is saddled with turning around. We his supporters , and even the man himself, are not even making excuses or saying the situation is beyond salvation. We are simply saying Nigerians should familiarise themselves with the very serious problem their nation is facing and give Mr.President more time to reverse a situation, caused by the worst form of corruption and misrule, no President or national leader should face.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by bejeria101(m): 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
Alezy:
So because the last administration was bad and had this problem, We should not talk again if it happens in this?? and the OP had time to write this crap.

This is why we (nigerians) will always suffer in silence. The only thing u can do now u don't want to do just because u believe in change. suffering in silence and pains and u expect dem to keep quiet.

Little wonder PMB travels at every chance for no reason when nothing is Woking and no one can say a word.

Na suffer go kill una since u think u can keep quiet just cos the party u support is in power.

This is what happens when kids have data.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by erico2k2(m): 8:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
Gbawe:

I miss no point at all. What we have in "abundance" is crude oil and not its refined derivative like PMS (premium motor spirit) which happens to be scarce at the moment for no other reason than the fact that the PDP, in 16 long years, did nothing to ensure we moved near optimal refining capacity which would have two wonderful and socio-economically benevolent effects:

(1) The availability of refined derivatives of crude to adequately meet domestic need and
(2) The profitable sale of excess refined derivative of crude that will earn Nigeria useful income she can use to improve infrastructure, healthcare, power et al.

If you are a genuinely objective and honest Nigerian, looking for solutions for our dear nation, you will admit that it is the PDP, under its successive President to include GEJ, that failed in 16 years to address the poor state of our crude oil refining capacity since our current democratic phase began in 1999. Let us say the truth and shame the devil. We drew a line in the sand regarding the excesses of past military rule when we opted for democracy in 1999. It was the PDP that won the right to lead Nigeria forward from then and into a new age where our most severe and historically debilitating problems should have been addressed. Instead, and despite earning a lot of money, the PDP and her Presidents, to include the GEJ you have a penchant for defending, only managed to make matters worse. In 16 years our refining capacity is poorer than ever and power generation is worse while healthcare and infrastructural development have worsened under the PDP.

This has all now culminated in a very dire state of affairs Buhari is saddled with turning around. We his supporters , and even the man himself, are not even making excuses or saying the situation is beyond salvation. We are simply saying Nigerians should familiarise themselves with the very serious problem their nation is facing and give Mr.President more time to reverse a situation, caused by the worst form of corruption and misrule, no President or national leader should face.
I get ur point,however the point I'm trying to state here is,Under PMB, things are getting worse than better, the few deeds the last FG did are not being sustained.The newly built power stations,the newly built schools, the thriving agricultural sector etc, as per the refineries, this goes way beyond the FG, the powers stopping us from refining is so massive that even the FG cant stop it cos in itself, its enshrined
Does it not bother you to know the boys in the creeks can refine crude and they the FG cannot?
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by erico2k2(m): 8:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nusaf:

But I thought you were comparing GEJ, Yar'adua and PMB in terms of prudence, hence my question. But rather than answer it, you went ahead to ask a different question. I think it is your question that is irrelevant because you completely left the comparison u were drawing and went ahead to ask a question that is not even related. Pls one at time. U were comparing the prudence of the trio in terms of money borrowed vis-a-vis the respective durations. I think the need for borrowing and how such borrowed money was spent should be the yardstick for determining prudence rather than the amount borrowed and duration. So, can you now explain why such money was borrowed and how the borrowed money was spent? Pls stop digressing if you really have your points and as I have earlier said, one at a time.
I will give u one phrase, CAPITAL PROJECTS.
i WILL ALSO SAY SOMETHING ELSE,MANPOWER DEVELOPMENT
1] Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State. —North Central.
2] Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State. ——-North Central.
3] Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State.– North East.
4] Federal University, Wakari, Taraba State. —-North East.
5] Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State.-North West.
6] Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State.——-North West.
7] Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State. —South South.
8] Federal University, Ndufe-Alike, Ebonyi State.-South East.
9] Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State.——-South West.
want me to go on and on? ok here go

The Economy

Improvement in Economic Indices - In October 2011 International Ratings agency, Fitch Ratings revised the country’s Outlook upwards from Negative to Stable.

Standard and Poor’s another internationally respected and independent ratings agency, revised Nigeria's ratings from stable to Positive.

Signing into law the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Bill 2010 (Local Content Bill) which has increased Local Content in the Oil and Gas sector.

Ø As a direct result of that law Royal Dutch Shell awarded a N7.8 billion ($49.9 million) contract to a Nigerian firm, S.C.C Limited, for the manufacture of high pressure line pipes that would otherwise have been awarded to a foreign firm.

Ø As a result of this law, Exxon Mobil awarded an off shore platform contract to a local firm, NigerDockNig. PLC that would otherwise have been awarded to a foreign firm.

Initiating the Sovereign Wealth Fund (SWF). A seed capital of $1 billion was provided to kick start the fund as well as establish three sub funds- the Nigeria Infrastructure Fund; the Future Generations Fund and the Stabilization Fund which will be the pillars of the SWF.

Launched the Youth Enterprise with innovation in Nigeria (YOUWIN) initiative on the 11th October 2011 which is the administration's job creation centre piece.

Ø On Thursday April 12, 2012, 1,200 Nigerian youths emerged winners of the competition following a transparent process. Each winner receives a business start up grant of between 1 to 10 million Naira.

Foreign exchange reserves rose to $37.02bn by May 14, 2012, the highest level in 21 months.

On March 29th, 2011, The UK Government in London described Nigeria as the fourth fastest growing economy in the world.

On February 13 2012, President Goodluck Jonathan launched the Public Works Women and Youth Empowerment Programme, an intervention programme designed to employ 370,000 youths in the year 2012 with 30% of those jobs being reserved for women.

The Federal Government under President Jonathan has secured investment commitments worth 4.89 Trillion Naira.

Launched the NigComSat-1Rsatellite which will help expand Internet Bandwidth, monitor the weather and provide early warning to prevent natural disasters like floods, crop monitoring and urban planning. It has the attendant benefit of reducing the over $1 billion spent in purchasing Internet Bandwidth from abroad.

Nigeria’s banking industry rescued and stabilized by the establishment of the Asset Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON) in the year 2010.

MasterCard made Nigeria its regional headquarters for its West/East and Indian Ocean islands zone raising the profile of Nigeria’s e-commerce industry.

Nigeria’s GDP grew by a record 8.29% during the last quarter of 2010 and by over 7% in 2011. In the first quarter of 2012 Nigeria had verifiably become the fourth fastest growing economy in the world as recently attested to by several multilateral bodies and trading partners.

Revival of the Textile industry via the 150 billion Naira Textile Industry Bailout. As a result the United Nigerian Textile Limited was reactivated amongst others and 2000 employees re-engaged.

Non oil exports from 2010 (standing at $2.3 Billion) and subsequent years are ten times what they were in 2000 (which were $200 Million) as a direct result of this administration’s intervention in the Textile Industry and Real Sector.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by erico2k2(m): 8:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nusaf:

More
9) CONSTRUCTION OF DAMS: The Kashimbilla/Gamovodam is part of the over thirty dams that have been constructed in this administration. Fed Govt has constructed dams to boost water supply across the country – by the Minister of Water Resources, Mrs. Sarah Ochekpe.
10) SOKOTO- YAURI- KONTAGORA ROAD: The Federal Government said has awarded contract for reconstruction of the 655-kilometre Sokoto-Yauri-Kontagora road.
11) GREAT GREEN WALL PROJECT: Curtailing decertification under the Great Green Wall Project (GGW) launched in Kebbi State by Mr President.
12) GRAINS SILO: Construction of 100metric tons of Grain Silos in Kebbi State.
13) REVIVAL OF COTTON INDUSTRY IN ZAMFARA STATE: Fed Govt. has resuscitated the moribund cotton industry in Gasau in Zamfara State. Fed Govt has built 15 ginneries in the State, the grinneries can hold up to 2,000 tons of cotton.
14) N320 BILLION RICE ECONOMY: Local rice production contributed 320 Billion Naira to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the country in 2014 – the Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina ( Source Fed Min. Of Info )
15) RICE PRODUCTION 760,000 JOBS CREATED: Rice production has created 760,00 jobs, according to the Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina ( Source Fed Min. Of Info )
16) FIRST EVER 2.9 MILLION METRIC TONS OF RICE PRODUCTION 2013: Based on the 2013 production of 1.9 Million Metric Tons of rice, the projected production for the 2013 farming season is expected to be about 2.9 Million Metric Tons of high quality rice milled from local sources. 202) Nigeria produces over 9m, making us 85% rice sufficientIn 2009, Nigeria was producing below 5 million tonnes of rice, today we are 85% rice sufficient. ?We are going to be the Thailand of Africa?. Minister for Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina ( Source Fed Min. Of Info ).
17) ESTABLISHMENT OF 13 NEW RICE MILLS: Miva Rice Mill is in Benue State, it is one of the thirteen rice mills that have been established under this administration. Before the launch of the Agricultural Transformational Agenda (ATA) in 2011, only one integrated rice mill was functioning in the whole of the country With the recent establishment of the 60,000 Ton Olam Farm due to be commissioned in June,2014, this will bring to 13, the number of local rice mills so far established by this administration. ( Source Fed Min. Of Info ).
18) ESTABLISHMENT OF GROWTH ENHANCEMENT SUPPORT SCHEME: This has ensured that rice is not just harvested but is also milled in Nigeria and sold directly to Nigerian consumers. Thus, it can be seen that the Federal Government under the leadership of President Goodluck Jonathan has been putting in place both policies and the enabling environment for the production of small, medium, and large-scale production of rice. This falls directly under the purview of the Growth Enhancement Support Scheme (GES) for the increase of value chain in the rice producing area of the Agricultural Transformation Agenda. ( Source Fed Min. Of Info ).
19) N25.32 BILLION LOAN TO FARMERS: Again, the Federal Government has come to the rescue, by providing access to funds, grants, loans and other assistance notably through the Bank of Industry (BOI) which was recently given a grant of N25.32 Billion for 986 enterprises to offset its expenditure, service farmers and industries with loan facilities, all in a bid to boost rice production. ( Source Fed Min. Of Info)
20) THE FIRST EVER AGRICULTURAL EQUIPMENT HIRING SERVICES (AEHE): Local farmers can obtain mechanised services through a scheme by the Fed Govt called the Agricultural Equipment Hiring Services (AEHE) for planting, weeding and harvesting. ( Source Fed Min. Of Info )
21) NIGERIA’S GAS SUPPLY HITS 2 BILLION CUBIC FEET PER DAY: The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) says Nigeria has grown its gas supply market from 300 million to two billion cubic feet per day (cfpd).The Group Executive Director, Gas and Power, NNPC, Dr. David Ige, stated this in an interview with newsmen in Abuja. Ige attributed the achievement to successful implementation of the Nigeria Gas Master Plan by the Government of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. (source Voice of Nigeria)
22) NIGERIA ONE OF THE LARGEST PRODUCERS OF FERTILISER: Nigeria’s growth in her gas supply market from 300 million to two billion cubic feet per day (cfpd), has already positioned Nigeria to be the largest producer of fertiliser by 2018 and a major exporter.
SURE-P & ROAD CONSTRUCTION:
23) ROAD CONSTRUCTION- DUALIZATION: Dualization of five (5) key arterial roads – Abuja-Abaji-Lokoja Highway.
24) DUALIZATION: Kano-Maiduguri Highway,
25) RECONSTRUCTION AND DULAIZATION: Onitsha-Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway.
26) RECONSTRUCTION AND DUALIZATION: Benin-Ore-Shagamu Expressway.
27) RECONSTRUCTION AND DUALIZATION: Lagos-Shagamu-Ibadan Expressway.
28) CONSTRUCTION OF BRIDGES: The new Loko-Oweto Bridge over River Benue linking Nasarawa and Benue States.
29) CONSTRUCTION OF BRIDGES: The Second Niger Bridge in Onitsha/Asaba linking Anambra and Delta States.
30) COMPLETION OF 62 ROADS ACROSS THE NATION: Oturkpo-Oweto Road (Section in Benue State
31) Completion of Otukpa-Ayangba-Ajaokuta-Okene Road in Kogi State
32) Completion of Ningi-Yadagumgume-Fuskar Mata Road (Phase II) in Bauchi State
33) Completion of Yana-Shira-Azare Road in Bauchi State
34) Completion of Wukari-Takum Road in Taraba State
35) Completion of Benin-Ofosu Expressway in Edo States
36) Completion of Enugu-Abakaliki Road in Enugu/Ebonyi States
37) Completion of Ogoja Junction-Ikom Road in Cross River State
38) Completion of Ado-Ilumoba-Agbado-Ikare Road in Ekiti State
39) Completion of the Dualization of Ibadan-Ilorin road section I (Ibadan – Oyo) in Oyo State.
40) Completion of the Reconstruction of Vom-Manchok road in Plateau State.
41) Completion of the Repairs of 3rd Mainland Bridge (Phase II), covering additional works for the replacement of 8Nos. Expansion Joints in Lagos State.
42) Completion of the Dualization of Onitsha-Owerri Road (Section I) and Onitsha Eastern Bypass, in Anambra State.
43) Completion of the Rehabilitation of Uba-Mbalala road in Borno State.
44) Completion of the Rehabilitation of Funtua-Gusau-Sokoto road (Section II: Gusau-Talata Mafara) in Zamfara and Sokoto States.
45) Completion of the Rehabilitation of Obiozora-Uburu-Ishiagu Road in Enugu and Ebonyi States.
46) Completion of the Access Road to Kaduna Refinery in Kaduna State.
47) Completion of the Construction/Rehabilitation of Gbogan-Iwo road in Oyo State.
48) Completion of the Rehabilitation of Owerri-Aba Road in Imo and Abia States.
49) Completion of the Rehabilitation of Katsina-Daura road in Katsina State.
50) Completion of the Rehabilitation of Ijebu Igbo-Ajegunle- Araromi-Ife-Sekona Road (Section II), in Ogun State.
51) Emergency reinstatement of collapsed section of Gombe-Potiskum Road, (at Km 12) in Gombe State.
52) Rehabilitation of road Spur from Onitsha-Owerri road to Okija-Ihembosi-Afor Ukpor-Ebenator-Ezenifite in Anambra State.
53) Construction of 15km Interstate road from Aiyegunle-Akoko Edo in Ondo and Edo States.
54) Completion of the Rehabilitation of access roads to Warri Refinery in Delta State.
55) Completion of the Dualization of Access Road to Onne Port in Rivers State.
56) Construction of Gombe-Bypass in Gombe State.
57) Rehabilitation of Odo Oba-Takie-Gambari-Otte-Oyo State border along Ibadan-Oyo Ogbomosho-Ilorin road in Oyo State.
58) Emergency Reinstatement of collapsed section of Wukari-Mutum Biyu road in Taraba State.
59) Reinstatement of Washouts at km6+750, km30+400 and km35+325 along Onitsha-Enugu dual carriageway in Anambra and Enugu States.
60) Emergency reinstatement of Washout/Gully erosion at KM127+000 at Auchi along Okene-Benin road and Km14+000 along Auchi-Agenebode road in Edo State.
61) Construction of Langtang-Lalin-Tunkus-Shendam Road in Plateau State.
62) Rehabilitation of old Oyo-Ogbomoso road in Oyo State
63) Rehabilitation of Omuo-Ifaki road in Ekiti State.
64) Rehabilitation/Reconstruction of Lafenwa Bridge in Abeokuta in Ogun State.
65) Rehabilitation of Gombe-Numan-Yola road section II: Numan- Gombe in Adamawa and Gombe States.
66) Rehabilitation of Otta?Owode road in Ogun State.
67) Rehabilitation of Mararaba-Pambeguwa-Saminaka-Jos road section I (Mararaba-Panbeguwa) in Kaduna State.
68) Rehabilitation of Anka-Daki Takwas-Gummi road in Zamfara State. Reconstruction and Pavement Strengthening of Ikom-Mfum Road in Cross River State.
69) Reconstruction of Abakaliki-Mbok (Ogoja Junction) in Ebonyi and Cross River States.
70) Rehabilitation of Okija-Uli-Oguta Road in Imo State.
71) Rehabilitation of Asphalt Overlay of 2km Access Road to the Federal Science & Technical College in Edo State.
72) Rehabilitation of Hadejia-Nguru Road, Phase I (Hadejia-Kirikasama Section) in Jigawa State
73) Rehabilitation of Benin-Ofosu Highway in Edo State
74) Construction of 2 No. Bridges alogn Auchi Polytechnic-Ekperi- Agenebode Road in Edo State
75) Rehabilitation of Access Road to Ejigbo NNPC Depot in Lagos State
76) Rehabilitation of Apapa-Oshodi Expressway (Section I) in Lagos State
77) Rehabilitation of Ipele-Ishua Road in Ondo State
78) Periodic maintenance of Jebba-Lafiaji Road in Niger State.
79) Periodic maintenance of Takai-Albasu-Gaya Road in Kano State.
80) Periodic maintenance of Nafada-Gombe Abba Road in Gombe State.
81) Periodic maintenance of Hong-Mubi Road in Adamawa State.
82) Periodic maintenance of Okpala-Igwurita Road in Imo State.
83) Periodic maintenance of Ado-Ilumoba-Agbado-Ikare Road Section A in Ekiti State.
84) Periodic maintenance of Dingaya-Galambi-Rungo Road in Sokoto State.
85) Periodic maintenance of Rumukurshi-Chokocho Road in Cross River State.
86) Periodic maintenance of Akure-Owo Road in Ondo State.
87) Periodic maintenance of Ado-Ilumoba-Agbado-Ikare Road Section B in Ekiti State.
88) Periodic maintenance of Kurfi-Chiranchi Road in Katsina State.
89) Periodic maintenance of Lafiagi-Mokwa Road in Niger State.
90) Periodic maintenance of East-West-Odi Road in Bayelsa State.
91) Periodic maintenance of Lafia-Doma Road in Nasarawa state.
Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by erico2k2(m): 8:26pm On Apr 11, 2016
92) Construction & Rehabilitation of Vandeikya-Obudu Cattle Ranch Road,
Phase I in Benue State.
93) Construction of Abriba-Arochukwu Road, Phase I in Abia State.
94) Rehabilitation of Makurdi-Gboko Road, Phase I: Wunnune-Yendev Section in Benue State
95) Construction of Ohafia-Oso Road in Ebonyi/Abia States.
96) Rehabilitation of Section 1A of Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega- Kontagora-Makara Road, Phase I in Sokoto/Kebbi/Niger States.
97) Reconstruction of Sokoto-Tambuwal-Jega-Kontagora-Makara Phase I, Section I in Niger State.
98) Reconstruction of Kunya-Kanya-Babura-Babban Mutum Road Phase I in Jigawa State.
99) Construction of Zing-Yakoko-Monkin Road in Taraba State.
100) Rehab. of Alkaleri-Bauchi Road in Bauchi State.
101) Construction of Aguoba-Owa-Mgbagbu Owa Ebenebe (Anambra State Border) with Spur to Aaha-Iwollo Road in Enugu State.
102) Constr. of Offa By-Pass at Offa in Kwara State. 31.87%
103) Construction of Ikot Ekpene Border-Aba-Owerri Road, Section I, Phase I in Akwa Ibom/Abia/Imo States. 21.95%
104) Rehabilitation of Calabar Ugep-Ogoja-Katsina Ala Road, Section I (Calabar-Ugep) in Cross River State. 53%
105) Reconstruction and Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Dual Carriageway, Section I (Lagos-Shagamu) in Lagos/Ogun States -11.0%
106) Reconstruction and Expansion of Lagos-Ibadan Dual Carriageway, Section II (Shagamu-Ibadan) in Ogun/Oyo States -8.93%
107) Construction of Yenegwe-Okaki-Kolo Road in Bayelsa State -46.05%
108) Rehabilitation of Apapa-Oshodi Expressway, Section II, Phase II in Lagos State.
50.53%
109) Rehab. of Mokwa-Bida Road in Niger State-25%
110) Rehabilitation of Akure-Ilesha Road in Osun/Ondo States-20%
111) Rehabilitation and Reconstruction of Enugu-Port Harcourt Dual Carriageway, Section I (Lokpanta-Umuahia Tower) in Abia State – 8.02%
112) Rehabilitation and Reconstruction of Enugu-Port Harcourt Dual Carriageway, Section II (Umuahia Tower-Aba Township Rail) in Abia State-3.5%
113) Under Water Inspection, Assessment of Pilings, River Bed, Bathymetric Survey, Profiling and Echometric Test of Third Mainland Bridge in Lagos State-100%
114) Construction of Kankara-Gurbi Road in Katsina State-0.1%
115) Construction of Isoko Ring Road in Delta State -0.78%
116) Rehabilitation of Yashi-Duguri-Digare-Yalo Road (Yashi-Duguri- Digare Section) in Bauchi State -2.52%
117) Constr. of Jarmai Bashar Road in Plateau State -0%
118) Rehabilitation of Wukari-Akwana Road in Taraba State.5%
119) Construction of Ajase-Ipo-Offa-Erin Ile-Osun State Boundry in Kwara State-12%
120) Construction of Takum-Dogon Gawa Road (Katsina Ala-Takum) in Taraba State -3.12%
121) Construction of River Ebba Bridge at Cheche, Katcha in Niger State -2.73%
122) Rehabilitation of Amanwaozuzu-Uzoagba-Eziama Orie-Amaohia Road in Imo State-12.03%
123) Construction of Bida-Sacci-Nupeko Road in Niger State- 0.2%
124) Reconstruction of Nung Udoe-Etinan-Ekom Road in Akwa Ibom State-0.74%
125) Construction of Benin-Adumagbae-Egba-Akure Road in Ondo State – 0.70%
126) Rehabilitation of Ilorin-Jebba-Mokwa-Birnin Gwari-Kaduna Road (Ilorin-Jebba Section) in Kwara State – 0.67%
127) Rehabilitation of Ilorin-Kabba-Obajana Road in Kwara/Kogi States-1.00%
128) Rehabilitation of Mubi-Maiha-Sarao Road with Spur from Mubi-Bukula in Adamawa State-1.5%
130) Rehabilitation of Tumu-Pindiga-Kashere (Gombe State)-Futuk-Yalo (Bauchi State)-Bashar-Dengi (Plateau State) in Bauchi State-4.93%
131) Dualization of Kano-Katsina Road Phase I: Kano Town at Dawanau Roundabout to Katsina State Border in Kano State-0.27%
132) Completion of Igboile-Okin Connector Road in Surulere LGA, Oyo State-12.20%
133) Construction of Ihiala-Orlu Road in Isseke Town- Amafuo-Ulli with Spur (Ihiala-Orlu-Umuduru Section) in Anambra State-1.54%
134) Constr. of Ikemba Drive with Spur on Oba- Okigwe Road, through Permanent Site of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital in Anambra State-8.41%
135) Rehabilitation of Amugo Uno-Oriemba Market ? Amugo Isiorji Onuani Road in Enugu State-16.44%
136) Rehabilitation of Amanwaozuzu-Uzoagba-Eziama-Orie-Amaohia Road in Imo State-12.03%
137) Construction of Overhead Pedestrian Bridge in Mosogar and Oghara in Delta State-34.60%
138) Rehabilitation of Abalamabe (Allison Hart) 65m Bridge in Bonny, Rivers State – 1.01%
138) Construction of Access Road to Federal Facilities at Antorun-Temidire in Ogbomosho, Oyo State-2.36%
139) Rehabilitation of Burnt Marina Bridge and Maintenance of Eko (Akpongbon) and Iddo Bridges in Lagos State-7.5%
140) Emergency Repairs of Apapa-Oworonshoki-Ojota Expressway in Lagos State-100%
141) Emergency Repairs of Existing Niger Bridge at Onitsha/Asaba in Anambra/Delta States-5.4%
142) Acquisition and Utilization of Multi-User License and Satellite Imagery of Nigeria (for Office of the Surveyor-General of the Federation)
143) THE NEW NATIONAL BIOMETRIC SYSTEM: Under Goodluck Jonathan the New National Biometric system has detected and deleted over 73,000 Ghost/Fake pensioners from the Head of Service and police pension office! With the ELIMINATION of ghost workers over N162 billion naira has been saved.
144) CONSTRUCTION OF 35 ALMAJIRI SCHOOLS: The Fed Govt under Dr Goodluck has constructed 35 Almajiri Schools in the North to educate destitute children that roam the streets to beg. Federal Government target is to build 400 of such schools in the North.
145) NATIONAL CONFERENCE: The Nigerian National Conference was organized in 2014,.There were about 492 delegates that represented a cross-section of Nigerians including the professional bodies group. The Conference was headed by retired Chief Justice Idris Legbo Kutigi. The conference recommended a two-tier structure of Federal and State governments that vests the responsibility of the administration of the existing 774 local governments in the states. It also approved the creation of state police and the drafting of state constitutions, all of which are in response to many years of agitation to permit the states greater autonomy in local administration and in the maintenance of law and order.
146) NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State. ?North Central.
147) NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State. ??-North Central.
148) NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State.? North East.
149) NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Wakari, Taraba State. ?-North East.
150) NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State.-North West.
151) NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State.??-North West
152) NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa State. ?South South.
153) NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Ndufe-Alike, Ebonyi State.-South East.
154) NEW UNIVERSITY BUILT BY PRESIDENT JONATHAN: Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State.- (Source 148 – 156www.nollywoodmagazine.com)
155) Promotion and practice of true democracy by creating an enabling environment where people from diverse backgrounds and with divergent views and opinions can be accommodated. Under the watch of Goodluck Jonathan administration, the APC was registered by INEC as a mega opposition party big enough to challenge the PDP at both state and national levels. This would have been unthinkable some years back.
156) Conduct of free and fair elections in the country, including the 2011 poll which was adjudged to be the most credible election of its magnitude that has ever been conducted in the country, though it was not without its flaws. Unlike in other administrations, the Goodluck Jonathan administration has given a free hand to the country’s electoral umpire, INEC, to perform its statutory duties.
157) Relative non-interference with electoral and judicial matters. This is evident in the number of governorship elections that have been won both at the polls and in the court by opposition parties in Anambra, Imo, Osun states, among others.
158) Liberalization of the press and guaranteeing the freedom of speech in a country where the stifling of the press and suppression of the citizens’ right to freedom of speech used to be the norm, a legacy of over 30 years of military rule. The existence of vocal anti-government media houses and critics would have culminated in some high-profile assassinations some years back, but today citizens are free to air their views whenever and wherever they like just like any other sane country.
159) Opening up of Nigeria to the global business community and becoming Africa’s number one destination of foreign investors. In the first six months of 2014, a total of US$9.70 billion or N1.51 trillion flowed into the national economy as foreign direct investments (FDI).
160) Under the Goodluck Jonathan administration, Nigeria rebased it’s GDP for the first time in over a decade to become the largest economy in Africa, overtaking South Africa and Egypt in the process.
161) Proceeds from Nigeria’s non-oil exports rose to 2.97 billion by the end of 2013, up from 2.3 billion in 2010.
162) Initiation of the YOUWIN program in 2011. The Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YOUWIN) program aims to generate over 100,000 jobs for innovative unemployed youths across the country in the course of three years. It is currently in its third year.
163) Nigerians are now a step closer to being fully integrated into the international e-commerce community with the approval and re-inclusion of Nigeria as one of the Paypal-compliant countries after being banned from using the service at the peak of the advanced fee fraud (419 scams). With Paypal, Nigerians can now pay for goods and services online from anywhere in the world.
164) Goodluck Jonathan administration is the one behind the revival of the dead automotive industry in Nigeria. Global auto giants like Peugeot, Nissan and Hyundai now either assemble or wholly manufacture small cars, Sport Utility Vehicles, trucks and buses at various locations in Nigeria. In addition to that, Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (IVM), Nigeria’s flagship indigenous automaker, has begun the sale of their first made-in-Nigeria cars and SUVs in August 2014.
165) Under the Goodluck Jonathan administration, Nigeria became the first country in West Africa to host the World Economic Forum (WEF) in 2014. It was also the most successful World Economic Forum for Africa (WEFA) in history, boasting of a global reach of 2.1 billion people according to estimates.
166) Africa’s richest man Aliko Dangote’s net worth increased from US$2.1 billion at the start of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan’s administration to US$23 billion in 2014, making him Forbes’ richest black person in the world and the overall 26th richest in the world. He attributed this mammoth increase in his monetary worth to Goodluck Jonathan administration favourable economic policies.
167) Revival of the comatose railway system of transportation in the country is happening under the current Goodluck Jonathan administration.
168) Remodelling, beautification and standardization of airports across the country. In addition to that, aircraft from Nigeria are now allowed to fly directly to the United States of America instead of going through many stopovers in Amsterdam and some other European cities along/in the route. The Akanu Ibiam Airport in Enugu was upgradede into an international airport, directly connecting the South-East region of the country to the outside world for the first time since independence.
169) Computerizing education in the country with the introduction of the computer-based test (CBT) which will be mandatory for all UTME candidates from 2015.
170) Arresting the outbreak of the deadly and highly contagious Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) in record time, though it unfortunately claimed some lives at the onset.
171) Nigeria has reduced its food imports by over 40% as of 2013, moving the country closer to self sufficiency in agriculture.
172) Nigeria is the world’s largest producer of cassava with an output of over 45 million metric tonnes in 2014 according to the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
173) Due to favourable economic policies, Internet penetration in Nigeria has now increased from about 45 million in 2011 to 63 million in 2014, overtaking countries such as the United Kingdom and France in the process. What this means is that more people now use the internet in Nigeria than in the UK and France.
174) As of the second quarter of 2014, the number of registered active telephone lines in Nigeria stood at 130 million out of a total of over 170 million telephone lines.
185) Introduction of the Nigerian electronic identity card (e-ID card), one of the most secure in the world d the largest in Africa. The e-ID card serves as both an international identification module and an electronic payment solution.
175) Introduction of the cashless system which aims to encourage the use of e-payment systems in the country and reduce the volume of physical cash in circulation.
176) Unbundling of the dysfunctional Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) into about 18 profit-driven successor companies.
177) Under the watch of President Goodluck Jonathan administration, Nigeria won the African Cup of Nations for the first time in 19 years in South Africa in February, 2013.
178) Nigeria ended up with 11 gold , 11 silver and 14 bronze medals at the recently concluded 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, finishing 8th in the overall ranking.
179) 35% Affirmative Action Women in politics have been given more prominent roles in the current President Goodluck Jonathan administration. A large number of the federal appointees of the Goodluck Jonathan administration are women. They include, but are not limited to, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; Miriam Aloma Mukhtar, Nigeria’s first female Chief Justice; Diezani Alison-Madueke; ex-aviation minister Stella Oduah, Joy Ogwu, Nigeria’s representatives at the United Nations; Sarah Jibril; and Viola Onwuliri. (Source 157 – 187 Internet – “My Charter For Lagos” )
180) REFINERY REHABILITATION: Rehabilitation of Kaduna oil refinery after 15 years
181) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Muritala International Airport
182) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Kano Airport
183) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Benin Airport
184) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Yola Airport
185) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Enugu Airport
186) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Port Harcourt Airport
187) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: The Lagos MMA2 Airport
188) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Asaba Airport
189) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Calabar Airport
190) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Dutse Airport
191) RENOVATION OF AIRPORTS ACROSS THE NATION: Ilorin Airport (Sources 190 – 200, LYNAIJA)
192) MASSIVE EROSION / DRAINAGE WORKS: Akwa Ibom State, Ravine, Dominic Utuk Avenue, Uyo
193) CONSTRUCTION OF THE NEW RAIL TRACK AJAOKUTA: These include: Ajaokuta – Warri line of 277km;
194) REHABILITATION OF RAIL TRACK AFTER 53 YEARS: Lagos to Kano, this train service is currently in operation. The main line will run from Lagos to Kano (1,126km ? an existing metre-gauge route) and a branch loop is to be provided via the capital Abuja which currently has no railway. This is to be the first phase of a 20-year scheme which foresees a standard gauge network of about 8,000km. (Completed)
195) REHABILITATION OF RAIL TRACK AFTER 53 YEARS: Port-Harcourt – Jos – Maiduguri (Ongoing). The second phase of the project will consist of a new line from Port Harcourt to Jos (about 770km). Minister of State in Nigeria’s Transport Ministry Mallam Mohammed Aliyu signed jointly with CCECC president Lin Rongxin. Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo was present at the signing ceremony – See more at:http://www.railwaysafrica.com/?/?/09/09/nigeria-china-sign/?
196) SUPPLY OF NEW TRAIN LOCOMOTIVES: Under Good luck Jonathan the Federal Executive Council has approved the immediate purchase of 25 units of C25 EMPD standard gauge diesel-powered locomotives for the Nigerian Railways Corporation at a cost of N114 billion ($$US76.2 million), preparatory for the concession of the corporation to OPS billed for June next year.?
(Source Nigerian Railway Corporation Online)
197) 14TH LARGEST PRODUCER OF COCOA IN THE WORLD: Mr. President?s Agricultural Transformational Agenda has positioned Nigeria again as a tending producer of cocoa. In the 60?s Nigeria was number one but slipped in the 70?s, 80?s and 90?s and witnessed declining fortunes in cocoa production. The new emphasis has seen a revival in cocoa production.
198) CONSULTANCY & CONSTRUCTION OF IBAKA DEEP SEA PORT.: Under President Goodluck Jonathan consultancy on Ibaka biggest deep sea port. has been completed. Construction will commence in 2015.
199) THE GROUNDNUT PYRAMIDS ARE BACK: Under Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Groundnut pyramids in the 50 & 60?s have made a comeback through the Agricultural Transformational Agenda. Groundnut pyramids can once again be seen in Kano.
200) WORLD BANK POVERTY RATE IN NIGERIA HAS DROPPED FROM 35.2 % IN 2010 TO 33.1%: In 2013 poverty rate in Nigeria has dropped from 35.2 % in 2010 to 33.1% in 2013.Under President Jonathan’s leadership, World Bank poverty rate in Nigeria has dropped from 35.2 % in 2010 to 33.1% in 2013.
201) FERTILISER SOLD DIRECTLY TO FARMERS: The age-long chronic corruption in the gov’t subsidized fertilizer procurement & distribution has been completely wiped out.
202) INSURANCE POLICY HOLDERS FROM 500K IN 2009 TO 1.5MILLION IN 2014: President Jonathan’s smart policies have boosted insurance policy holders from 500k in 2009 to 1.5million in 2014.
203) NIGERIA #1 DESTINATION FOR FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN AFRICA: Under President Jonathan Nigeria became the #1 destination for foreign investment in Africa, attracting $7 billion in 2013.
NIGERIA THE 3RD FASTEST GROWING ECONOMY IN THE WORLD: CNN declares Nigeria the 3rd FASTEST growing economy in the world, thanks to President Jonathan’s leadership.
204) 1.6 MILLION JOBS UNDER JONATHAN’S GOV’T: The bulk of 1.6 million jobs Jonathan’s gov’t has created are in agriculture, housing manufacturing, and creative industries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Condemn PMB And Praise GEJ Concerning Fuel Scarcity, Note This by Swiftboy(m): 2:18am On Apr 22, 2016
[quote author=bloodyBLOGGER post=44496591] you sounded like one of the APC propagandists... we suffered in the last administration and it's worst now.Why won't people call for corruption to return when even now it's from bad to worst after a year...almost half of the year here,no budget,no direction. I sit down dey look you like you are not a Nigerian but a cheap politician from APC.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Michelle Obama Congratulates Ike & Uchechi Ibe On Their Wedding(Pix / President Buhari's Convoy Leaving The Defence House Yesterday. Photos / Mamman Daura's Tribute To Abba Kyari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 182
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.