Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla (41669 Views)

Stolen Toyota Corolla Sports / I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! / I Have Found My Stolen Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by hopeforcharles(m): 12:54pm On Apr 08, 2016
beautyerhu86:

Nice Church Advert
yea cutie,when a road is good one will always like to use it again. Its a place i have seen impossibilities happen.
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by Lex1(m): 12:55pm On Apr 08, 2016
Oboy1:
Bro, don't border urself suspecting innocent fiends and neighbors, most likely it is where u bought the car from, good that u ve come to nairaland u might be lucky, but i bet u that car is no longer in PH they ve taken to somewhere very far for resale. God will help u

My thoughts exactly! Just arrange battalions go where you bought the car.
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by frackky: 1:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
Sorry for your loss guy. Same exact experience, November 9th 2013, they were waiting for me at my gate to drive in and jejely walked into the compound. 2011 Toyota camry spider (fullest option to d teeth XLE with only 23k miles on it (original mileage), factory fitted every every, rev cam, push to start 3.5V6 etc etc. N3.9m) fitted with detailed tracker (voice record n all that)

collected d machine at gun point (3 guys). Carried me a few kilometers away from home, took everything, fones and all and dropped me off without a scratch (Thanking God for that till dat). Ran home to track d vehicle on my system and listen in to their conversation. by the time i got home (in about 20 mins) and logged in, tracker had been disabled completely. Vehicle has not been found till date

Hard to say but the car is as good as gone. Do d needful but don't dwell on finding it. if it comes, good, otherwise life goes on. Thank God you are alive.

The primary suspects are the guys that sold the car to me OR the company/guys that installed the tracker.

Lessons Learnt:
a. These guys are smart. They already have planned what to do before they stole your car (if they are dumb, then you may have chances of finding it). The even change VIN numbers. The market for your car or its parts was already available before they struck

b. These criminals install trackers too. Every Tom, Dick and Harry does it. I even can do it. That's why they were able to even take out mine completely in less than 20 minutes.

c. Comprehensive Insurance with a reputable insurance firm is the best bet you have because you will recover a reasonable amount of money spent on the car (my mistake: i was to make payment for comprehensive insurance on a Monday, incident happened on saturday)

d. When purchasing, NEVER use any address that can be linked directly to you on the receipts n all. Use your grandfather's village address, they should go and look for the car there.

e. Carry out your vehicle registration BY YOURSELF, the dealer or whoever always has 'someone' who does it that will ask for your licence or original address because they want to register it with roadsafety and then you think this 'someone' is not affiliated with the seller (lie). It is very stress-less doing it yourself, takes less than 20/30 minutes.

Lastly, criminals work with information. If they have none, it makes their actions harder. So, the lesser information and update on progress of your investigation you share with anyone, the better because trust me the 'insider' is close to you and his job is to know what your plan and line of action is to enable them effectively outwit your investigations.

Also, be careful of the police, so you don't go spending money unnecessarily for actions/activities that will not yield any results (almost happened to me too) because someone started using my blackberry phone 3 days after the incident and i kept 'empowering' police to pick the person up which was supposed to lead us to the criminals and till date, nothing.

I wish you good luck and stay prayerful too.

4 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by frackky: 1:15pm On Apr 08, 2016
Lex1:

My thoughts exactly! Just arrange battalions go where you bought the car.

These dealers, as long as you have no evidence linking the crime to them, beat and kill them till 2017, they will never agree o... but once an evidence shows up, you will just see your car from now where.
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by jjcena(m): 1:18pm On Apr 08, 2016
Masked men snatching your car can only translate into one thing. You will know who they are without the mask, so bro don't go too far in search.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 08, 2016
frackky:
Sorry for your loss guy. Same exact experience, November 9th 2013, they were waiting for me at my gate to drive in and jejely walked into the compound. 2011 Toyota camry spider (fullest option to d teeth XLE with only 23k miles on it (original mileage), factory fitted every every, rev cam, push to start 3.5V6 etc etc. N3.9m) fitted with detailed tracker (voice record n all that)

collected d machine at gun point (3 guys). Carried me a few kilometers away from home, took everything, fones and all and dropped me off without a scratch (Thanking God for that till dat). Ran home to track d vehicle on my system and listen in to their conversation. by the time i got home (in about 20 mins) and logged in, tracker had been disabled completely. Vehicle has not been found till date

Hard to say but the car is as good as gone. Do d needful but don't dwell on finding it. if it comes, good, otherwise life goes on. Thank God you are alive.

The primary suspects are the guys that sold the car to me OR the company/guys that installed the tracker.

Lessons Learnt:
a. These guys are smart. They already have planned what to do before they stole your car (if they are dumb, then you may have chances of finding it). The even change VIN numbers. The market for your car or its parts was already available before they struck

b. These criminals install trackers too. Every Tom, Dick and Harry does it. I even can do it. That's why they were able to even take out mine completely in less than 20 minutes.

c. Comprehensive Insurance with a reputable insurance firm is the best bet you have because you will recover a reasonable amount of money spent on the car (my mistake: i was to make payment for comprehensive insurance on a Monday, incident happened on saturday)

d. When purchasing, NEVER use any address that can be linked directly to you on the receipts n all. Use your grandfather's village address, they should go and look for the car there.

e. Carry out your vehicle registration BY YOURSELF, the dealer or whoever always has 'someone' who does it that will ask for your licence or original address because they want to register it with roadsafety and then you think this 'someone' is not affiliated with the seller (lie). It is very stress-less doing it yourself, takes less than 20/30 minutes.

Lastly, criminals work with information. If they have none, it makes their actions harder. So, the lesser information and update on progress of your investigation you share with anyone, the better because trust me the 'insider' is close to you and his job is to know what your plan and line of action is to enable them effectively outwit your investigations.

Also, be careful of the police, so you don't go spending money unnecessarily for actions/activities that will not yield any results (almost happened to me too) because someone started using my blackberry phone 3 days after the incident and i kept 'empowering' police to pick the person up which was supposed to lead us to the criminals and till date, nothing.

Quite insightful. Great advice. Sorry for your loss. God Almighty will continue to bless you more and more. Amen!
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by GreatManBee: 1:26pm On Apr 08, 2016
I hope you had it insured? Sorry for the loss.
Hope its recovered soon.
culcid:
I believe any information that is on Nairaland has reached the whole Nigeria.
My Toyota corolla 2005 model was snatched at gun point on Monday night, 8:04 pm, 4/4/2016, along Omoku street, Dline Port Harcourt.
Four guys on mask, double crossed me with AK 47 an took the car away. I've used the car for only 8 days. No security , no tracker, still very neat.

The plate number is FST671EA

Chassis Number 2TIBR32E75C843506

Engine Number 80332981ZZ

Pls if you see any corolla in a suspicious transaction kindly call 08038143431 or 08132914733

I'm really heartbroken, any useful information will be appreciated.

I've attached the pictures before it was registered, also the rims have been covered.
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by hokafor(m): 1:37pm On Apr 08, 2016
I suspect the point of purchase.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by Pumpkin34(f): 1:38pm On Apr 08, 2016
The rate of criminal activities in Port Harcourt is becoming alarming, sorry dear. God help us in this rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by Greatidonis: 1:59pm On Apr 08, 2016
That's hw they took one guys car in Transamadi, PH that same night used it to go and rob. He immediately reported to the police, even with that SARS after finding the car after the robbery came and arrested this innocent poor boy and has refused to release him. Funny enough he works in a bank, as a contract staff, and his job is already on the line. They will release him today, come back to his working place in commando style and pick him after 2 days again.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by Greatidonis: 2:02pm On Apr 08, 2016
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by Roseey0(f): 2:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
Let's talk about where you bought the car.

It will help alot
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by culcid(m): 2:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
As I'm typing this, I'm in mile 1 police station Port Harcourt. My car has been found.

Will give details soon.

Don't know how to start dancing

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by Roseey0(f): 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
These are the reason mobile police were created. But these thieves will just squeeze 100naira into their palm and whisk the car away.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by Roseey0(f): 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
culcid:
As I'm typing this, I'm in mile 1 police station Port Harcourt. My car has been found.

Will give details soon.

Thank God.
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by frackky: 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2016
culcid:

Will give details soon.

To God be the glory. Lucky you. Comprehensive insurance straight away. Then gist us d details. If they had already changed d wheels and d colour grin
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by fiftynaira(m): 2:17pm On Apr 08, 2016
hopeforcharles:
Sorry bro, I pray it is recovered fast AMEN.
I seriously had a strong feeling that the enemy is from within, especially in ph where a lot of able bodied youths are not doing anything, the only advice I can give u is go to God,
Triumph ministries Ogbunabali Road, it worked for me.

Na for church d car thief dey? Nigerians sha
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by k9ine(m): 2:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
Well if you don't know how to dance, I am already dancing in my heart and body. Don't forget to share with us the testimony.
CONGRATS TO YOU AND THANK GOD!

culcid:

Will give details soon.

Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by phranq(m): 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
op
if u bought d car in d same town dat u wia robbed, plz go n ask d dealer u bought d car frm abt ua car. I'm talking frm experience
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by Eeroh95(m): 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
If that is the plate number up there,how come the plate number is not in the pix

So if I see am make I bring am?
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by hopeforcharles(m): 2:53pm On Apr 08, 2016
fiftynaira:

Na for church d car thief dey? Nigerians sha
A'ole u don forget say Church na where u go to seek God's intervention and guildance.
All these Atheist self.
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by tosine25: 3:02pm On Apr 08, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Church is the new police. Lmao.

Make your late grandma proud. Improve your grammar.

Thanks.... But I don't really care grin
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by Suzzytee05(f): 3:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
culcid:

Will give details soon.

Congratulations. Thank God.
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by culcid(m): 3:15pm On Apr 08, 2016
Towing the car from the station now. Number plate , tyre and rim all changed.

GOD!!

Still like a dream

Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by culcid(m): 3:21pm On Apr 08, 2016
frackky:

Lessons Learnt:

Found my car!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by aspirebig: 3:56pm On Apr 08, 2016
Thank God for you Op.

Obviously you are surrounded by criminals,for those guys to wear mask means that you know them.

First do a comprehensive insurance for the car. Then tracking and fuel cut off systems can installed too.

Eight days old car being stolen means that the sellers are suspects,avoid putting your original address on receipt when buying a car,even if you are buying it from Cotonou. As you are buying a car,just install the tracker same day. Toyota Corolla and Camry especially tiny are stolen often. Do not buy a car and start buying drinks or driving round without putting different security measures in place.
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by Sanchase: 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2016
Whowwww see advice from left, rght and center with confusionists confusing the confused.

When you have problem like this in Naija thts when you will know police is NOT your friend, N10,000 to register ur case, N50,000 mobilization fee.

If you are not careful they will arrest you join as a suspect, Nigeria is a joke !

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by fiftynaira(m): 4:42pm On Apr 08, 2016
hopeforcharles:

A'ole u don forget say Church na where u go to seek God's intervention and guildance.
All these Atheist self.

Am a beliver no be everything be church abegi
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by hylyne(m): 5:33pm On Apr 08, 2016
The criminals are not too far from you. Watch well, you would notice them...
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by chiomzy25(f): 5:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
akanniade10:

Damsel, anything the matter?
lipsrsealed
akanniade10:

Damsel, anything the matter?
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by tonquendo4u(m): 5:50pm On Apr 08, 2016
No number?Oga forget am.even if it has number,maybe u should check Ladipo market in Lagos.they might have already butchered it so u might recover d kick or something
Re: Help A Nairalander Recover His Stolen Toyota Corolla by Baylam(m): 6:10pm On Apr 08, 2016
frackky:

Lessons Learnt:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pls What's The Name Of This Vehicle? / Innoson Has Started Manufacturing Heavy Duty Trucks From The New Plant (Video) / ❌️Call Me For Your Professional Car Pre-purchase Inspection In Lagos❌️

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.