Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,788 members, 7,827,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Diseases Associated With Being Too Clean - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Diseases Associated With Being Too Clean (513 Views)

Risk Factors Associated With Sudden Cardiac Arrest.. / Symptoms Associated With Not Drinking Enough Water / 6 Diseases That Could Embarrass You In The Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diseases Associated With Being Too Clean by DrAda(f): 4:18am On Apr 08, 2016
This is confusing right, I mean, how can being too clean ever be a bad thing. It protects against germs and all. Cleanliness is good and let's not forget associated with godliness.

I agree. Cleanliness can be good but being too clean to the extent that your home is literally a death trap for all germs that ever liveth can be detrimental to your kids.

We need certain germs to help train our bodies to learn to defend itself. Just like mothers who erroneously believe bathing their kids with disinfected water helps to fight infections. It really does not. Think about it, the outside world is riddled with germs. If your baby lives in a germ free environment, how ever can the body learn to fight and protect itself.

Being too clean is associated with diseases like asthma, skin allergies, and generally a weak body defense system.

So, how can we avoid being too clean? How about simply ditching the disinfectant for now to clean everything in your home including toys. Simple soap and water will do. Let your babies explore. Allow them to pick up random things to play with. Reject the urge to clean, clean, clean and your baby will be just fine.

Re: Diseases Associated With Being Too Clean by badaoyeyemi(f): 4:28am On Apr 08, 2016
hmmmm interesting
Re: Diseases Associated With Being Too Clean by Nobody: 4:33am On Apr 08, 2016
I would rather still clean angry
Re: Diseases Associated With Being Too Clean by Baroba(m): 5:48am On Apr 08, 2016
Nothing wrong with been clean, the problem is when it becomes an obsession and affects every aspect of your life.. OCD is categorised as a medical condition..
Re: Diseases Associated With Being Too Clean by Gmajor(m): 6:20am On Apr 08, 2016
Baroba, you dont seem to understand the op.
He is trying to say that an extremely clean env. Prevents a childs body from building the necessary immunity.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help (urgent Please) / Breastfeeding Tips - New Moms / What-women-dont-know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.