Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them (1593 Views)

My Dilemma With A Married Woman I Encountered In My Office / A Married Woman I Encountered In Camp, Is In Love With Me / 10 Behaviors That Ruin Relationships And How To Avoid Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them by Skenpo: 6:52am On Apr 08, 2016
Often times in relationships, lovers go into puzzling circumstances and difficulties that sometimes end them breaking-up or divorcing. These are problems that threatens our relationships and they are killing us, but the good news is that we can solve them. I presume that the reason why you’re in a relationship with him or her is because you love something about that person and if this love still exist, you’ll always learn tolerate.

In this article, I’ll not just tell you about these problems but I’ll also tell you about how you can solve them.
HERE ARE THE MOST COMMON PROBLEMS LOVERS DO HAVE AND HOW TO SOLVE THEM

Problem #1: TRUST.
Trust is my number one problem on the list because it plays a vital role in every relationship. As a partner, if you see your lover going contrary to some certain promises made by him/her, from that moment the trust you had for them depreciates with little percent and this will become a problem if not resolved maturely.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:
— Always try to be consistent.
— Try being on time.
— Do what you say you will do.
— Don’t lie — not even little white lies to your partner or to others.
— Be fair, even in an argument.
— Be sensitive to the other’s feelings. You can still disagree, but don’t discount how your partner is feeling.
— Call when you say you will.
— Call to say you’ll be home late.
— Don’t over-react when things go wrong.
— Never say things you can’t take back.
— Don’t dig up old wounds.
— Respect your partner’s boundaries.
— Don’t be jealous.
— Be a good listener.

Problem #2: COMMUNICATION
So many relationship problems are as a result of poor communication. “You can’t communicate while you’re checking your phone, browsing, chatting or watching TV.” It becomes a problem when your partner is serious and you’re doing something else OR you speak outrageously to your partner.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:
— If you can’t “communicate” without raising your voices, go to a public spot like the library, park, or restaurant where you’d be embarrassed if anyone saw you screaming.
— Set up some rules. Try not to interrupt until your partner is through speaking, or ban phrases such as “You always …”, “You caused …” or “You never ….”
— Use body language to show you’re listening. Don’t doodle, look at your watch, or pick at your nails. Nod so the other person knows you’re getting the message, and rephrase if you need to.
— Stop doing things that will interrupt your communication. Learn to be polite with your words and also learn good communication skills.

Problem #3: SEX
Yes, Sex! There are some partners that face this problem often. The problem is that; while sex brings us closer together, releases hormones that help our bodies both physically and mentally, and keeps the chemistry of a healthy couple healthy, some partners take it as an addiction and others don’t like giving in their mind for it and this troubles your partner in one way or the other, and it’s affecting your relationship. Another point is that sometimes one partner won’t be interested that moment while the other is dying for it. It becomes a problem.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:
— Understand yourselves
— Plan special moments, but not necessarily at night when everyone is tired.
— When sex is on the calendar, it increases your anticipation.
— Changing things up a bit can make sex more fun too, in the case of one partner not being interested at a particular moment. Why not lure him/her to have sex in the kitchen? Or other funny area? Fun!
— Learn what truly turns you and your partner on by each of you coming up with a personal “Sexy List,”. Swap the lists and use them to create more scenarios that turn you both on.
— If your sexual relationship problems can’t be resolved on your own, I recommend consulting a qualified sex therapist to help you both address and resolve your issues.

Problem #4: MONEY
Hmmm, relationship and money. Money is actually a problem in many relationships and homes. It’s either the both partners don’t have enough money to take care of their needs or one partner is denying the other partner money and this is not really cool.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:
— Be honest about your current financial situation.
— Don’t approach the subject in the heat of battle. Instead, set aside a time that is convenient and non-threatening for both of you.
— Acknowledge that one partner may be a saver and one a spender, understand there are benefits to both, and agree to learn from each other’s tendencies.
— Don’t hide income or debt. Bring financial documents, including a recent credit report, pay stubs, bank statements, insurance policies, debts, and investments to the table.
— Don’t blame.
– Construct a joint budget that includes savings.
— Decide which person will be responsible for paying the monthly bills.
— Allow each person to have independence by setting aside money to be spent at his or her discretion.

Problem #5: CONFLICT
Quarrels and disagreement are normal things that happen in a relationship between both partners. It’s just a part of life. It’s true that if you don’t disagree you won’t agree, and that’s where the conflict comes. Come on, you’ve grown, it’s time you learn how to tolerate.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:
— You and your partner should learn to argue in a more civil, helpful manner.
— Realize you are not a victim. It is your choice whether you react and how you react.
— Be honest with yourself. When you’re in the midst of an argument, are your comments geared toward resolving the conflict, or are you looking for payback? If your comments are blaming and hurtful, it’s best to take a deep breath and change your strategy.
— Change it up. If you continue to respond in the way that’s brought you pain and unhappiness in the past, you can’t expect a different result this time. Just one little shift can make a big difference. If you usually jump right in to defend yourself before your partner finished speaking, hold off for a few moments. You’ll be surprised at how such a small shift in tempo can change the whole tone of an argument.
— Give a little; get a lot. Apologize when you’re wrong. Sure it’s tough, but just try it and watch something wonderful happen.

Problem #6: NOT MAKING YOUR RELATIONSHIP A PRIORITY
It’s actually a problem because some partners failed to understand relationship ethics before going in. When lovers don’t take things about their relationship for granted, it shows they respect their affair. No matter the circumstance or condition you find yourself in a relationship, always make sure you respect your affair.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS:
— If you both are married, do the things you used to do when you were first dating: Show appreciation, compliment each other, contact each other through the day, and show interest in each other.
— Plan date nights. Schedule time together on the calendar just as you would any other important event in your life.
— Respect one another. Say “thank you,” and “I appreciate…” It lets your partner know that they matter.

Thank you for going through all that, I believe you learned something. Use tips to solve the problems you’ve been having.

Thanks to WebMD for the tips

Written by Pius Princewill Oghenerabome

Source: http://www.hub201.com/common-problems-encountered-in-relationships-and-how-to-solve-them/

1 Like

Re: Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them by tonaolu(m): 6:56am On Apr 08, 2016
#storyforthegods
Re: Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 08, 2016
Trust NO ONE tho...

And one thing OP, I easily get bored of a person...even my close friends, I hate meeting them all the time..

Is there any solution for this?

1 Like

Re: Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them by Roidatom(m): 7:00am On Apr 08, 2016
#7 DISTANCE
Like it or not.

1 Like

Re: Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them by Roidatom(m): 7:04am On Apr 08, 2016
KashyBaby:
Trust NO ONE tho...

And one thing OP, I easily get bored of a person...even my close friends, I hate meeting them all the time..

You most likely are an introvert.
Try to pretend to be happy around them all the time. Tolerate their boredom (your boredom), and you'll get used to being happy around them. The human mind can always be changed.

1 Like

Re: Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them by Cutehector(m): 7:05am On Apr 08, 2016
People who easily get bored of someone are yet to figure out what they want... i'm sure if he/she has their way wit u, a day won't pass without u thinkn of them.

1 Like

Re: Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:05am On Apr 08, 2016
KashyBaby:
Trust NO ONE tho...

Yes, there is a solution!

Go and meet Rev King!!
Re: Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them by Sistem007(m): 7:07am On Apr 08, 2016
KashyBaby:
Trust NO ONE tho...

you need Bishop Oyedepo smiley
Re: Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them by Sistem007(m): 7:08am On Apr 08, 2016
Nice write up though...dint read to the end sha coz ain't having relationship issues at the moment. Will come back to this post when it hits me hard.

1 Like

Re: Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 08, 2016
Roidatom:

You most likely are an introvert.
Try to pretend to be happy around them all the time. Tolerate their boredom (your boredom), and you'll get used to being happy around them. The human mind can always be changed.

Nope ....actually im an extrovert person..the moment I'm in the room, the mood is happy...but I dunno tat I prefer to be alone than hanging out with my friends...

2 Likes

Re: Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them by itseedris(m): 7:20am On Apr 08, 2016
Post makes sense, someone should get it to Front Page

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them by funlord(m): 7:39am On Apr 08, 2016
grin

Not bad but we've read it all before, and has any of all this recycled balderdash assisted anyone in avoiding heartbreak or divorce all through history?

Look, the truth of the matter is this, when it comes to relationships be who you are while in it, learn a little from everyone that you are in and always expect the unexpected! NOTHING can measure or instruct one on how accommodate the depths of human wants, needs or desires! That is the nature of man/woman!

Good luck with this your list of epistles! But as wyclef said..."Anything can happen"!

1 Like

Re: Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them by Maamin(m): 7:44am On Apr 08, 2016
Money and relationship...is like Buhari and traveling

1 Like

Re: Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them by godfrey01(m): 7:45am On Apr 08, 2016
KashyBaby:
Trust NO ONE tho...

There is a solution... Lets be friends and i swear you will have the happiest moment of your life being my friend... When you are bored when you two are MEETING, its because if the other person or Probably you... When you don't talk about interesting things it makes you bored.... And if your partners are not the talkative type like me, my sister, na big boredoooooom be that... Hit me back lets yan
Re: Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 08, 2016
godfrey01:

There is a solution... Lets be friends and i swear you will have the happiest moment of your life being my friend... When you are bored when you two are MEETING, its because if the other person or Probably you... When you don't talk about interesting things it makes you bored.... And if your partners are not the talkative type like me, my sister, na big boredoooooom be that... Hit me back lets yan

I'll hit u where? @ ur back? Lol...juz kidding..
Re: Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them by feldido(m): 8:17am On Apr 08, 2016
Precise Information
Re: Common Problems Encountered In Relationships And How To Solve Them by WizPrince1(m): 9:30am On Apr 08, 2016
This is cool!

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With A Strange Lady / When You Lied To A Girl That You Have Six Packs And She Asked For Pic / Which Song Do You Have On Repeat Right Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.