Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (63963 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2009
This idea of playing Song in two positions doesn't go down well with me at all. He should trying shuffling Clichy, Gibbs and Tra to see alternatives instead.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2009
almunia to the rescue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2009
Sorry
I meant £45m like you said agent H . undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by follypimpi(m): 5:46pm On Aug 02, 2009
Denilson is the most useless brazilian on planet earth.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 5:49pm On Aug 02, 2009
Persistence pays.
Elementary Wattson
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by invisible2(m): 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2009
I will be hanging around to watch all your games and if una mess up one bit, I will descend on you and make you change your red and white shirts, enjoy beating small teams till the D day.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 5:54pm On Aug 02, 2009
Wilshere on the double
Watts never gave up on the ball
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 5:56pm On Aug 02, 2009
invisible!:

I will be hanging around to watch all your games and if una mess up one bit, I will descend on you and make you change your red and white shirts, enjoy beating small teams till the D day.
Small teams
From your analysis jere
I thought once we had lost Kolo and Ade,even Wolves, Reading et al would beat us 4-0 at the emirates
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2009
@Invisible
Your low life Geriatric club had to rely on an own goal to draw with Reading
It's a disgrace grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2009
This is ideal paradigm for football.
Young players coming in from the reserves to supplement the first team.
bravo GUNNERS
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tboy1(m): 6:03pm On Aug 02, 2009
follypimpi:

Denilson is the most useless brazilian on planet earth.
Denilson is not a brazilian. . .
I can bet he'll lying cus i cant believe a brazilian professional footballer can be dis shit . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by follypimpi(m): 6:07pm On Aug 02, 2009
tboy1:

I can bet he'll lying cus i cant believe a brazilian professional footballer can be dis shit . . .

He lacks creavitivity,can't shoot/pass/tackle his just a waste man.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by codedguy1(m): 6:50pm On Aug 02, 2009
tboy1:

follypimpi:

He lacks creavitivity,can't shoot/pass/tackle his just a waste man.

So why did AW bring him to the Emirates?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by khanye(m): 7:24pm On Aug 02, 2009
Up GUnnarz cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by proudly9ja(m): 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2009
coded guy:

So why did AW bring him to the Emirates?
Denilson WAS a very good player with great potentials. You should have watched him in our Carling Cup team some years back. Unfortunately, Wenger has tried to turn him into a DM and this has seriously affected his game. Its almost the same thing that happened to Mikel Obi under Jose.

I hope Wenger will revert him to his old position.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Borat1: 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2009
Arsenal lack consistency. They'd tire out sooner. Just enjoy the show while it lasts
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2009
I hold aversion to the opinion that Denilson is a bad player. He's a dependable guy but Wenger is using in all manners to fill up void s in the team that He's almost Flamini 2004/5. I remember i hated Flamini back then cos he looked hopeless. Denilson is good . Believe me It's on an unexpected occasion he'l rise to take his place. The guy needs time. See how Wilshere we were indifferent to is becoming champagne material. That's why i love young players, they just wake up one morning and wow every one.
BoRat . We'l enjoy the show while it lasts thank you. As it lasts to May next year cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Ifedisky(m): 8:30pm On Aug 02, 2009
Think Arsenal are phenomenal going forward. Wouldn't know if they'll carry a cup this yr but I'm sure itz mega domination any time they lay their hand on a marble. Wenger has sure built an empire there. Back to back, invincibility beckons but I think patience is the key word. Letz see where this road leads
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by tboy1(m): 8:47pm On Aug 02, 2009
edoyad:

I hold aversion to the opinion that Denilson is a bad player. He's a dependable guy but Wenger is using in all manners to fill up void s in the team that He's almost Flamini 2004/5. I remember i hated Flamini back then cos he looked hopeless. Denilson is good . Believe me It's on an unexpected occasion he'l rise to take his place. The guy needs time. See how Wilshere we were indifferent to is becoming champagne material. That's why i love young players, they just wake up one morning and wow every one.
BoRat . We'l enjoy the show while it lasts thank you. As it lasts to May next year cool
You're wrong!!!
Denilson had a whole season to prove himself and he did not.Dont know or care if he's playing in a wrong position but from wat ive seen, denilson playin as a dm for arsenal is a bad idea.Dont know why wenger is still playin him there.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 02, 2009
my only problem with our youngsters now is that (especially for a lad as exceptional as Wiltshire), they will be forced by talentless managers like Stuart Pearce to bear a disproportionate burden for the English national teams. I wont be surprised to see Wiltshire called up to the U-21 team when they start their qualifiers again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 8:56pm On Aug 02, 2009
Let Dobosky come up with those stats and graphs to defend Denilson like we all aint watching.

Meanwhile Bayern won the first round of the DFB pokal 3-1.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by ritchboy(m): 9:16pm On Aug 02, 2009
Meanwhile Bayern won the first round of the DFB pokal 3-1.

who cares? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by follypimpi(m): 9:19pm On Aug 02, 2009
Denilson is a pure waste man,period.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Ibime(m): 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2009
I had long known that the gene responsible for Myopia is inextricably embedded in the DNA of most Gaynners. How can a nincompoop enlist his mouse and keyboard to incite pernicious sentiments against the person of one Mr Denilson? The myopic individual responsible for such a statement must have viewed Denilsons contribution through the narrow prism of his qualities as a DM. It is an insult to footie terminology to describe Denilson as a DM, however anyone with a fully functioning cornea can attest to the fact that Denilson is a good player. The aforementioned nincompoop even went as far as stating that Denilsons passing is woeful, when infact Denilson is one of the best passers of the football in the English Premier League. A player like Denilson is averse to losing possession, and can starve an opposition midfield of the football just by passing them to death. That he does not attempt many through balls is a function of his position on the pitch and his attitude to risk. Denilson is top of any statistical index for successful passes, and should be lauded for his ability with a football.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by eldee(m): 9:39pm On Aug 02, 2009
follypimpi:

Denilson is a pure waste man,period.
Come on . . . last season Denilson touched the ball more times than any other player in the EPL (up until the FA Cup Final Weekend)
His job in the team is to be with the ball and he did it better than anyone else in the league . . .

Just because he's Brazilian doesn't mean he has to turn the pitch into a circus . . . remember Gilberto??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by debosky(m): 9:40pm On Aug 02, 2009
Ibime:

I had long known that the gene responsible for Myopia is inextricably embedded in the DNA of most Gaynners. How can a nincompoop enlist his mouse and keyboard to incite pernicious sentiments against the person of one Mr Denilson? The myopic individual responsible for such a statement must have viewed Denilsons contribution through the narrow prism of his qualities as a DM. It is an insult to footie terminology to describe Denilson as a DM, however anyone with a fully functioning cornea can attest to the fact that Denilson is a good player. The aforementioned nincompoop even went as far as stating that Denilsons passing is woeful, when infact Denilson is one of the best passers of the football in the English Premier League. A player like Denilson is averse to losing possession, and can starve an opposition midfield of the football just by passing them to death. That he does not attempt many through balls is a function of his position on the pitch and his attitude to risk. Denilson is top of any statistical index for successful passes, and should be lauded for his ability with a football.

Well said Ibime.

Denilson is not a really good DM, but he is exactly the type of player suited to a possession hogging team like Arsenal. There simply needs to be a stronger DM alongside him.

And even talking about last season, how can you say he didn't perform? 7 assists is no joke and is a mere 4 behind the best at the club RVP. Denilson is a confidence player and might have lacked some in his display today, but he is an excellent player nonetheless and should simply be deployed appropraiately and Arsenal will reap the best of his abilities.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Kratos007(m): 9:53pm On Aug 02, 2009
Dayokanu, u just jealous cos ur ma didnt get 2 suck fabregas' weenie. U sound like a manure supporting scaldy cunthound. Viewer! Stick to threads of your poxy club!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 10:46pm On Aug 02, 2009
You're wrong !!!
The guy had a whole season to prove himself
Haba Tboy. If we're to score Arsenal's players performances from last season, who except Clichy'll score above 50% ? With all the injuries and what not i know Denilson wasn't among our worst.
@Dayo we dont need stats to prove didley squat. Wenger's faith in the guy's enough to tell us something if dont already see it. I criticise his selection of D not cos He's a bad player but cos that DM role looks too heavy for a boy of his age. How good DMs in the world under 25 yrs not to mention 20 ?
K007
please no need for language like na. Females read this stuff too and besides Dayo just playing Devil's advocate but is actually a friend if you read the fineprint.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by sirwebs(m): 12:31am On Aug 03, 2009
@Dayo, what is DFB pokal? A football tourney, ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 5:40am On Aug 03, 2009
@Dayo we dont need stats to prove didley squat. Wenger's faith in the guy's enough to tell us something if dont already see it. I criticise his selection of D not cos He's a bad player but cos that DM role looks too heavy for a boy of his age. How good DMs in the world under 25 yrs not to mention 20 ?

Daniele De rossi was a world class Defensive Midfielder under 25, Flamini was a world class DM under 25, Sunday Oliseh was a world class DM who shackled Diego Maradona under 25, Javier mascherano was world class under 25, Demetrio Albertini was already world class at 23 year.

Wengers faith in Senderos, Eboue, Diaby too should tell us something like we all dont know that wenger is senile

@Dayo, what is DFB pokal? A football tourney, ?

You have google right?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by edoyad(m): 6:31am On Aug 03, 2009
Bravo mr Dayo . I'm still clasping.
shocked but wait, you failed to mention one of the greatest ever (maradona said He's best ever ), [size=16pt] Lothar Mathaus [/size] - former european, world footballer of d year and euro cup and world cup winning captain.
Point is , where were all the Mascheranos and Olisehs of the world at age 19-20.
If can mention one of them who was established before 21, I'll concede defeat and disown Denilson.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by rasputinn(m): 8:44am On Aug 03, 2009
Manchester City defender Kolo Toure(a bit strange and distasteful) says he decided to leave Arsenal because the club failed to strengthen their squad in recent seasons. Toure, who joined City for a reported £16m, said Arsenal's reliance on youth has meant they have lacked leadership.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8180200.stm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Chelsea Vs Arsenal (3 - 1) On 4th February 2017 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Community Shield (4 - 1) penalties On 6th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona : El Clasico (2 - 0) On 1st March 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.