Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Getting Married Even When You Are Broke - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Getting Married Even When You Are Broke (28909 Views)

Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? / Finding The Right Woman When You Are Broke Is A Romantic Scam / I Am Getting Married , Engagement Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Elxandre(m): 9:36am On Apr 10, 2016
obiaguna:

Oh men. How is he doing now? People should actually try to meet up with most of their goals before they get married. We also have to take our time. I guess everybody is just subscribing to the whole bae and boo bandwagon. Loneliness is not a bad thing, and if well utilized, can turn into blessings for you and your future partner. It's hard, but if young people can get busy trying to better themselves with proper investments and other things, marriage would be very enjoyable.
I concur! smiley
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 10, 2016
Nancy2016:

Please learn how to proofread before posting. As an adult you make your own decisions. If you know you can't afford to have kids, wait till you can. You should never bow to pressure. People may talk, but it's your life and you are the one responsible for your kids.
Imagine a member of this world talking as if he came from another planet. Are you claiming your phisical life has absolute control of your emotional life? Try to imagine life experience before you build assumption, even if you are advocate of planned parenthood, when the urge to be a father comes you will forget adulthood. More so, show me a woman who will agree with a man, let's marry but kids till we can afford to take care of them, for how many years can she agree with that? And if you give birth to a child and you dont take care of him you have case to answer in the endtime while you may not owe anyone answer whey you are poor.
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Nancy2016: 6:07pm On Apr 10, 2016
ogechieku:
Imagine a member of this world talking as if he came from another planet. Are you claiming your phisical life has absolute control of your emotional life? Try to imagine life experience before you build assumption, even if you are advocate of planned parenthood, when the urge to be a father comes you will forget adulthood. More so, show me a woman who will agree with a man, let's marry but kids till we can afford to take care of them, for how many years can she agree with that? And if you give birth to a child and you dont take care of him you have case to answer in the endtime while you may not owe anyone answer whey you are poor.

That's why there's a lot of poverty in Africa. Kids running around half-naked in the streets because their parents can't afford to take care of them. I'm a woman and I had rather wait to have kids I can afford than see my kids carry heavy loads on their heads because they need to help me sell food on the streets. That's why education is good.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
Nancy2016:

That's why there's a lot of poverty in Africa. Kids running around half-naked in the streets because their parents can't afford to take care of them. I'm a woman and I had rather wait to have kids I can afford than see my kids carry heavy loads on their heads because they need to help me sell food on the streets. That's why education is good.
How can a husband be able to look his wife eyeballs to eyeballs when he is a failed state like Nigeria? How will a father be able to look his son face to face and say to him son i am sorry when the kids his like a slave in his own family. How will a mother apologise to her son on her husband's behalf...? I dont know why some men are not men enough.
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Nancy2016: 7:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
ogechieku:
How can a husband be able to look his wife eyeballs to eyeballs when he is a failed state like Nigeria? How will a father be able to look his son face to face and say to him son i am sorry when the kids his like a slave in his own family. How will a mother apologise to her son on her husband's behalf...? I dont know why some men are not men enough.

You are not making sense. I'm out.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by ogorwyne(f): 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2016
blazer234:

Pls help me tell that lady in ur dp that she is lovely. I mean them long jaw bones and them queenly noses aren't easy to come by........they only happen once in a blue moon!
Lol. Okay she will hear.
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by afroxyz: 5:44am On Apr 11, 2016
Nancy2016:

How many hairdressers have a profit of 70k per month?

Go to Bobby's Signature and Downtown salon and see for yourself. And yes, the owners are graduates
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by ojun50(m): 4:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
VenusBetty:
we understand, even more than the men do.

u that i knw any way u nt bad or yr pd
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by sirliu(m): 4:48pm On Apr 11, 2016
I will never advise anybody to marry broke.

There are basic things you must be able to afford before you marry. I know many couples where only one of them is holding down a job. So sharing the bills is not an option. If you are living in a one bedroom apartment with your wife, no matter how understanding she is, she will pressure you to expand. If a woman's biological clock is ticking and she is facing pressure from her people or in-laws, she will manipulate her man into getting her pregnant and babies are very expensive. I did not even mention the issue of dowry.

Only you knows when you are ready for marriage. If you can marry while being broke, suit yourself. The only point I agree with is the marriage ceremony. Personally, I would rather having a simple small gathering than an ostentatious event.

1 Like

Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Todil(m): 5:18pm On Apr 11, 2016
Adamsdelrio:
I dey smell wedding for your comment.
lol. I wasn't the only one that alluded to the fact that the piece is one of the best.
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Todil(m): 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2016
lollmaolol:

because you are directly affected.... ? undecided
Not really, but this has always been my line of argument.
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by lollmaolol(m): 6:05pm On Apr 11, 2016
Todil:

Not really, but this has always been my line of argument.

Alright, you good bro... I should confess to you I am affected and afraid...
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Todil(m): 8:23am On Apr 12, 2016
lollmaolol:

Alright, you good bro... I should confess to you I am affected and afraid...
You just need to be prudent about any decision you will be taking and pray over it.
Re: Getting Married Even When You Are Broke by Yeansheritage: 8:35pm On Apr 12, 2016
Great Views... Thumps up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Guys Can't Do Without Ladies. / Overly Tall Guys How Do U Cope With Self Esteem Cuz Mine Is Killing Me!! / What Exactly Do Ladies Do For Each Other?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.