Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,052 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos (2630 Views)

Obaseki Warns Ijaws: "Don’t Take My Tolerance For Granted" / We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Ijaws Reply Adebanjo. / Ijaws Flee Lagos And Ogun For Fear Of ROPC Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by xelly: 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2016
Are the Igbos complaining? Whatever Ijaws did to Igbo or Igbo to Ijaws is like what one does to his body.
Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by explorer250(m): 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2016
teufelein:
op, for sure is a son of a fuucck or a bitcch, who knows, too many mad people in the zoo aka nigeria. somebody should get a gun direct at a very close range on his dark monkeyhead and execute him. HE IS A Yoruba MAN, FOR SURE! LMAO!

stop ranting
you are not more Igbo than me
Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by Ojiofor: 8:50pm On Apr 09, 2016
explorer250:

brother, I am from rivers state and I am Igbo. sharrap won't change that how these people hate us, it won't change how the looted our properties in the abandoned property saga and made it look like ikwerre handwork

Have you changed Oyigbo back to its original name Obigbo?
Before you accuse others go and cure your people from inferiority complex first,that is if you are truly from RS not an impostor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by explorer250(m): 8:51pm On Apr 09, 2016
Jman06:
Another attempt at creating division between a people that have resolved to stay united!

Op, why are you crying louder than the bereaved

Smh for you!

was there any written agreement? or any conference?
Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by explorer250(m): 8:53pm On Apr 09, 2016
Ojiofor:

Have you changed Oyigbo back to its original name Obigbo?
Before you accuse others go and cure your people from inferiority complex first,that is if you are truly from RS not an impostor.

you have no argument
Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by Scholes007(m): 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2016
explorer250:

Go through my post and you will realise my ethnicity. it is not hidden! but sometimes we need to be honest with ourselves
Then what is your purpose of writing this? Whats your aim? Definitely you sound like someone with ulterior motive about the igbo nation. Do you know the ijaw and igbos have been there for centuries? Why bring up this non sense now you know very well igbos are under media siege.
Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2016
@op,what do u hope 2 achieve with dis? share ur experience about wat u claim.
Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by coolscott(m): 9:06pm On Apr 09, 2016
explorer250:

you have no superior argument. the Igbo nation has always been in the fore front of activism against injustice since to time immemorial. what do you need an oppressive monarch for? even without monarchs and oppressive government wasn't the Igbo society organised? wasn't there law and order in the Igbo society? that same Igbo individualism and democracy is that not what america, Britain, Germany etc abandoned their monarchs for? even your foolish country is practicing democracy. the warrant chiefs was introduced to exploit the Igbo nation not because we were not organized. like I told you you lack the intellectual capacity to argue in politics, just move to romance

[size=13pt]For your records, the major relationship between the Igbos and the Ijaws of the south-south for many years in history was the sale of Igbos as slaves to the white man from our shores. Middlemen from the hinterland sold Igbos to Ijaws, who in turn sold them to the white man.
Why do you think we do not take u serious? Also, individualism does not automatically translate to organized democracy.
You just need to organise yourselves. That is what we are trying to say. Anytime you attack other people (whether Yorubas, Hausas or Ijaws) it is just foolishness in a fruitless direction that we all wonder why you cannot see.

Note: What you give to yourself from working on your inside, no one can take away from you
[/size]
Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by explorer250(m): 9:10pm On Apr 09, 2016
gigabyte13:
So the ljaws are now your problem right? A typical lPAD mentality, everybody is there problem except themselves. Deluded set of baffoon.

you have nothing sensible to contribute
Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by explorer250(m): 9:23pm On Apr 09, 2016
Scholes007:
Then what is your purpose of writing this? Whats your aim? Definitely you sound like someone with ulterior motive about the igbo nation. Do you know the ijaw and igbos have been there for centuries? Why bring up this non sense now you know very well igbos are under media siege.

I know the topic of the thread and my first post was not necessary but I did that to attract attention but the real message is that we should be weary of these people because this people don't like us. the fear us and there fear has made them irrational in their decision making towards us
Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by Scholes007(m): 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2016
coolscott:

[size=13pt]For your records, the major relationship between the Igbos and the Ijaws of the south-south for many years in history was the sale of Igbos as slaves to the white man from our shores. Middlemen from the hinterland sold Igbos to Ijaws, who in turn sold them to the white man.
Why do you think we do not take u serious? Also, individualism does not automatically translate to organized democracy.
You just need to organise yourselves. That is what we are trying to say. Anytime you attack other people (whether Yorubas, Hausas or Ijaws) it is just foolishness in a fruitless direction that we all wonder why you cannot see.

Note: What you give to yourself from working on your inside, no one can take away from you
[/size]
there is no reason trying to drag ijaw into anything, ijaw have been mutual friend to the igbos though sometimes there is some tension. But the ijaw were never the major slave traders but the aros(a sub clan of igbo tribe). They sold igbos, ijaw, efik and ibibio alike

1 Like

Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by explorer250(m): 9:36pm On Apr 09, 2016
coolscott:

[/size]
Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by Scholes007(m): 9:40pm On Apr 09, 2016
explorer250:

I know the topic of the thread and my first post was not necessary but I did that to attract attention but the real message is that we should be weary of these people because this people don't like us. the fear us and there fear has made them irrational in their decision making towards us
You are Igbo from ikwere sub group you should know that we don't need more hostiles. Pls be logical in what ever you write bearing in mind that you are under media siege.
Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by coolscott(m): 11:55pm On Apr 09, 2016
Scholes007:
there is no reason trying to drag ijaw into anything, ijaw have been mutual friend to the igbos though sometimes there is some tension. But the ijaw were never the major slave traders but the aros(a sub clan of igbo tribe). They sold igbos, ijaw, efik and ibibio alike
[size=13pt]You are wrong. I have been through wide areas of Ijaw land from the days when Bayelsa State was still part of Rivers State. The slave holding grounds are still there. Go to brass, it will still be there.

Kalabari, it may not be there but the slave manifests are still there

In Bonny too, the records of transactions should still be there.

Now you don't know the role the Aros played.

They were the major middlemen in the slave market. The ones who captured and bought slaves in Igbo land
and transported them to be sold to the Ijaws.

You are right that Efiks and Ibibios alike were also bought and sold.
But you are very wrong about the Ijaws being sold because the Ijaws were the last man between the slaves and the white man
The last point in the supply chain.

The Aros bigger reputation was for having the big slave market in Igbo land, where the slaves were brought, bought and transported to the coastline Ijaws, who sold them to the white man.

One of the major routes taken by the Aros in transporting the batches of slaves they had purchased was through Ndoki, which is in the current rivers state. From Ndoki, the slaves were moved by river to the various kingdoms of the south where the Kings, chiefs and rich would by them for final sale to the white man, who paid them for the slaves as well as paid the kings of the region money for permission to dock their ships and do business in the region.

History is not established out of declarations we produce out of the fantasies of our imagination. Here are a few credible links for you (and everyone else) to read up

I have attached a couple of screenshots below also

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalabari_Kingdom#History

www.san.beck.org/16-10-WestAfricaBritish.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Bonny#Early_history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nembe_Kingdom#History

www.ajol.info/index.php/afrrev/article/download/72292/61225
[/size]
Of all the slaves sold in this region of Nigeria, Igbos formed the highest number. I the west, it was the Yorubas.
I kind of like these topics because they create an opportunity to educate us and who knows, people may want to go to Brass to see what is left of the building that slaves used to stay in. I used to see that building a lot many years ago when I was in Brass. I hope they have preserved it as they did then.

Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by Amberon11: 12:30am On Apr 10, 2016
I thought your madness ended with 2015. Its a shame you're still delusional in 2016.
Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by scholes0(m): 12:46am On Apr 10, 2016
explorer250:

you have no superior argument. the Igbo nation has always been in the fore front of activism against injustice since to time immemorial. what do you need an oppressive monarch for? even without monarchs and oppressive government wasn't the Igbo society organised? wasn't there law and order in the Igbo society? that same Igbo individualism and democracy is that not what america, Britain, Germany etc abandoned their monarchs for? even your foolish country is practicing democracy. the warrant chiefs was introduced to exploit the Igbo nation not because we were not organized. like I told you you lack the intellectual capacity to argue in politics, just move to romance

But you had an oppressed segment of your population known as the Osus.
fight against injustice my black ass.
Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by americanigga(m): 1:12am On Apr 10, 2016
explorer250:

on a second note, are you more south south than me? what really makes you minorities high? what actually do your tribe have more than Igbo? is it money? oil? education? influence? development? stop exposing your ignorance you are minority and pawns in majorities chess board.

Igbo people should just keep quiet because they have sold their birthright to the Ijaws. Afterall an Ijaw man ruled this country for 6years, which no Igbo man has ever done and they will never be able to do forever.
Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by explorer250(m): 2:19pm On Apr 10, 2016
scholes0:

But you had an oppressed segment of your population known as the Osus.
fight against injustice my black ass.

Stale and outdated. the OSU cast system have been abolished years ago. though it is still better than abobaoku
Re: How The Ijaws Cheated On The Igbos by explorer250(m): 2:32pm On Apr 10, 2016
americanigga:

Igbo people should just keep quiet because they have sold their birthright to the Ijaws. Afterall an Ijaw man ruled this country for 6years, which no Igbo man has ever done and they will never be able to do forever.

so have that made the I jaws more developed,resourceful and educated than the igbos?

(1) (2) (Reply)

FLASHBACK - Buhari And Co Confronts Governor Over The Killing Of Fulani Herdsmen / We Love Nnamdi Kanu Trump Opens Up / Read Very Careful And Known Why Politician Wife Have Sugar Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.