Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa (5952 Views)

Who Schooled And Worked In The Uk?.how Did You Do It?. / If I Hav My Child In Nigeria / Pls Can Body Help To Tell Me If I Can Get A Direct Flight From Lagos To Grenada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by Busybody2(f): 3:42am On Sep 24, 2009
demowo:

@busy bodi, if u read the immigration rules properly, u would see a key word there, U MAY BE REFUSED, NOT u would be REFUSED, and over working 20hrs on student visa is not easily pardon in Uk. But My case was not as bad, and i wasnt Applying for Hsmp, But u were right about the rules, although they are a bit easy on some cases, if u benefit the uk govt and wont be a liability to the country, which i wasnt going to be,

If u watch Uk Boarder programme on sky u would see cases where people are in the country illegal but are sometimes pardon, so abeg the rules are flexible,

My dear, I know that the Home Office's press-releases quite clearly states that the aim of all the immigration rules is to prevent unskilled people who would not benefit the economy and would be a burden on the UK economy from coming to the UK, but you are the one who needs to go and brush up on the immigration rules properly and pay close attention to the Paragragh that stipulates that "leave to remain/ entry clearance "should normally be refused" when there has been a " failure to comply with any conditions attached to the grant of leave to enter or remain."

Also study HC 321 for the applicable punishment that would be meted out to people caught with their hands in the cookie jar cool

And as for the UK Border programme depicting people being let off the hook, that is not a new thing, it happens all the time because they have too much workload to deal with. It is common knowledge for one to be arrested sometimes and told to present oneself at the Croydon Immigration place for detention only for the person to naturally dissappear into thin air so that is not a big deal, it has been happening for years.

And like I said to you, there is nothing wrong if you or others intending to follow your footstep seek free legal advice to clarify one's position otherwise people would just have this false assurance that because Demowo escaped undetected, they can be successful too.

FOR EXAMPLE: A loud, flambouyant, pompous illegal immigrant could be committing all the fraud known to mankind under the sun, such as Mortgage fraud, Housing Benefit fraud, owning a Council flat which he is not entitled to, Tax Credit rebate fraud, etc and not be caught and gets away with it, even if he does it for 50 years, whereas another illegal immigrant who is living a quiet unassuming life, and whose only offence is to be an overstayer for, lets say two months, working legitimately to make ends meet, gets rounded up by the Police or an immigration Officer and gets deported, and that is why I said people's luck vary.
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by Busybody2(f): 3:56am On Sep 24, 2009
aysometin:

There you go!! being negative [size=18pt]again[/size]!!! easy gal!! Life is not that hard!!
Congrats @ Demowo, really happy for you

Was it a negative move in the first instance to advice him to seek legal help and answer his query in the affirmative that “yes they can check his NI?” NO

Did I tell him not to apply? NO

[size=14pt]
It is obvious that the “dependent clause” which I used in my statement to preceed my sentence that he could still be found out and should not gloat or misled others into thinking they would get away with such too if they followed his steps flew over your head again as usual, so kindly hop off my tip and go and find someone else to jerk off on, no be me you go take learn English language undecided undecided undecided [/size]
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by Busybody2(f): 4:12am On Sep 24, 2009
jay bee:

Yes we are. any information released under FOI act always get anonymised when confidential personal information are involved.
I used to work as an Info assurance analyst for my org (an independent NHS regulator) and DATA protection is core to our work.

Just to add, i currently work as an analyst programmer providing quantitative analysis on HES dataset (this house confidential information of all NHS patients) and only 3 people in an organisation of over 2k is allowed to access this data. We can't even share some fields (patient identifiable fields) with other analyst who go out to investigate so as not to have another Dr Shipman.

Sorry to rain on your parade babes, but the issue I was deliberating on was data protection under the "Data Protection Act", which is entirely different from the "Freedom of Information Act" FOI, which you are talking about, and like I said if they have to investigate a Fraud or Misrepresentation or any offence, one does not get a warning, and so they cannot be prosecuted or penalised for doing their job.

kadman:

@ BUSY BODY

FACT - You were probably right.
FACT - You are a very negative person,not just this thread,but every single thread I've seen your posts,and most times you're wrong. It's your nature,no need to deny it,embrace your negativity, some people are like that jare. . . It's allowed wink

FACT - Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and yours stink, though it is water off a duck's back to me cool FACT - Na you get your mouth and the hand and the keyboard wey you dey take type, so don't let me stop you in case there is more you need to let out and get off your chest, it is not good to keep things in, the floor is yours cool
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by jaybee3(m): 7:31am On Sep 24, 2009
@busybody
i was actually talking about the data protection right. Only authorised people that have goner through the right channels can access or release people's personal details.
Even the police have to go through strict procedures before establishing somone's immigration details.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200304/cmselect/cmhaff/417/417we03.htm
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by Thor(m): 7:37am On Sep 24, 2009
LMAO

Why would you want to overwork, you are then breaking the law and taking advantage of the situation.

It is people like you that we want to keep out of the UK, people who abuse the trust that has been given to them  angry angry
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2009
Thor:

LMAO

Why would you want to overwork, you are then breaking the law and taking advantage of the situation.

It is people like you that we want to keep out of the UK, people who abuse the trust that has been given to them  angry angry

Mr Goody-too-shoes,

he has applied for the visa and was given!!! We thank GOD

Busy_body:

Was it a negative move in the first instance to advice him to seek legal help and answer his query in the affirmative that “yes they can check his NI?” NO

Did I tell him not to apply? NO

[size=14pt]
It is obvious that the “dependent clause” which I used in my statement to preceed my sentence that he could still be found out and should not gloat or misled others into thinking they would get away with such too if they followed his steps flew over your head again as usual, so kindly hop off my tip and go and find someone else to jerk off on, no be me you go take learn English language undecided undecided undecided [/size]

Once again Busy body, you are just a big BABY!!! tongue
Whether you like it or not, you are a paranoid individual!!
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by kadman(m): 6:59pm On Sep 24, 2009
aysometin:

Mr Goody-too-shoes,

Sums it all up. Busy body, Do I know you ? Na you know wetin you carry for chest o.
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by Busybody2(f): 9:51am On Sep 27, 2009
kadman:

Sums it all up. Busy body, Do I know you ? Na you know wetin you carry for chest o.

Where have I made any claim to know you undecided Duh, weren't you the one who responded with "this" below saying you know my nature and I simply responded that your opinion of me stinks undecided Gosh when did the travel section become innundated with Arindi's like this for God's sake undecided undecided undecided

kadman:

@ BUSY BODY

FACT - You were probably right.
FACT - You are a very negative person,not just this thread,but every single thread I've seen your posts,and most times you're wrong. It's your nature,no need to deny it,embrace your negativity, some people are like that jare. . . It's allowed wink
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by Busybody2(f): 10:10am On Sep 27, 2009
aysometin:

Mr Goody-too-shoes,

According to you, I am a negative being, for factually advising Demowo to seek free legal advice and for answering his query that UKBA has the right to check his NI records in discharge of their duty and would not face prosecution under the Data Protection Act, NOW YOU DO A U-TURN THAT I AM NOT NEGATIVE BUT PARANOID OR IS THE NEGATIVITY ALONGSIDE THE PARANOIA undecided undecided undecided

And my Dear, it is goody two-shoes, no be by force to speak English, I can forward you copies of "Brighter grammar" and "Eze goes to school" to help you with your plight. By the way, isn't it preposterous that you are the one that claims to be the non-fighter, who would not exchange words with me, yet you find it hard to stay off my yansh and seeing that I am not rising to your bait, have jumped on another opponent Thor undecided undecided undecided BLOODY HYPROCRITE cool

WE WOULD NOT WANT YOU TO MISS OUT SO LET US KNOW WHEN YOU ARE DONE FROTHING AT THE MOUTH, SO WE CAN DIRECT YOU TO THE RIGHT BANK TO GO CASH YOUR IRRELEVANT DROSS AND DRIVEL cool
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by amebono1: 10:13am On Sep 27, 2009
i can see busybody has taken over me grin grin grin grin
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by Busybody2(f): 10:48am On Sep 27, 2009
jay bee:

@busybody
i was actually talking about the data protection right. Only authorised people that have goner through the right channels can access or release people's personal details.
Even the police have to go through strict procedures before establishing somone's immigration details.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200304/cmselect/cmhaff/417/417we03.htm

1) You were the one who introduced FOI into the debate, not me wink

2) I have not said non-authorised individuals have access, all I have said is that everyone who has a case to investigate in their course of duty, can access anyone's details and they are covered by Section 55 and section 60 of the Data Protection Act.

3)What strict procedures do the Police Authority have to go through? According to the 2004 article you linked me to, by David Blunkett (The Previous Home Office Minister), they have the right to stop any individual anywhere to query them about their immigration status and detain them if the response is not satisfactory.

4) When the Police pulls you over when driving and asks for your name, and then make a phone call, who do you think they are calling? Did you think that phone call is/was to the Information Commisioner to give them permission to ask for details about you from the Home Office because of Data Protection? You'd even be lucky they don't follow you home to start stripping your wallpaper and carpet once they discover you are Nigerian lipsrsealed

Excerpts from the article you supplied even states that;

~ the police do routinely record an arrestee's ethnicity and the police can access Immigration Service staff and IT systems when they have any reason to doubt a person's nationality or immigration status, or where they are uncertain.

~ I am ensuring that the police have access to Immigration Service local enforcement officers 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

~ Local enforcement officers are not only able to assist with status enquiries but also to send out officers to interview individuals who appear to be of interest to the Immigration Service and, if necessary, to detain them under Immigration Act powers.

~ During the week, the police also have routine access to the Evidence and Enquiry Unit of the Immigration Service to obtain details of the status of any individual with whom they come into contact and to obtain witness statements regarding an individual's status for use as evidence in court.

~ Although any police station can send fingerprints to the Immigration and Nationality Directorate (IND) to be checked, police stations using the new Livescan fingerprint technology can electronically access the IND fingerprint database directly.

~ Where someone withholds details of their nationality, or where there is some doubt, then the police can check with IND or the Immigration Service, as well as checking with the PNC and with force intelligence systems to seek to verify a person's identity and nationality. Developments in terms of moves towards a national police intelligence database as well as in terms of the introduction of identity cards will clearly assist and speed up these checks.

~ The Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) are also currently working with the Immigration Service to improve training and awareness for police custody officers to ensure that they ask the right questions when an individual is brought into custody and that officers understand how and where to access further information where a person's nationality or status causes concern.

Jaybee, can I make a polite request for you to quit flogging a dead donkey and concede gracefully tongue
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by Busybody2(f): 10:51am On Sep 27, 2009
!amebo no1:

i can see busybody has taken over me grin grin grin grin

I have not taken over nada, na you still be the reigning queen and you still have 100 years left in you cheesy I am still young and value my life and don't wanna drop dead from high blood pressure cheesy Chei, I don't know how you do it everyday, but you try, I salute you grin grin grin
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by Flowers: 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2009
@ kadman

Kindly help as am a student in the UK and I want to apply for a visitor visa to the US. What are the requirements?
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by jaybee3(m): 7:59pm On Sep 27, 2009
why not just call the bloody embassy?
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by jaybee3(m): 2:45pm On Sep 28, 2009
cut it ladies.
no fighting
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by Busybody2(f): 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2009
jay bee:

cut it ladies.
no fighting

Thanks for being a gentleman as usual, Jay bee, she doesn't fight yet finds it hard to keep her gob shut, not that she even had anything meaningful to say in the first place undecided Anyway I have reported her to the Moderator to get her off my back lest I sink my teeth into her, na jeje I siddon wey she dey put hand for my mouth lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 28, 2009
@ Busy body,

Na wa o!!!!!! Oro yi ka e lara gan o!! sa ma ke  cry cry tongue ko de ma ya  igbe sara!!!

People dey this life sha!!!

Odoyo, oponu, madam wishy washy, MADAM SHOMBO, tojubole oshi, ekeyofuro, numbskull, Aitete mu ole, alagbari oshi uhnnnnnnnnn all I can do is LMAO!!

I can never dream of saying that to anyone I know , let alone someone I don't know!!! O ti blow fun e!!

Reporting me to moderator??  With all we have in Bold above!! who should the moderator send a warning My dear take life easy o!!

One more thing, say all the horrible things in the world to me but please avoid mentioning my mother!! thank you, a bit of decorum please!!

I know you would want to prove you are the winner!! I dash you my dear!!!o ti gba ike!!!Use it to decorate your living room!!

From me to you, it's good bye!!!b
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 28, 2009
I no dey respect myself sha!!!

Exchanging words with someone that is 5 minutes from Yaba left!!!

Haba Ay-baby, u no try sha!!
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by Busybody2(f): 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2009
aysometin:

@ Busy body,

Na wa o!!!!!! Oro yi ka e lara gan o!! sa ma ke  cry cry tongue ko de ma ya  igbe sara!!!

People dey this life sha!!!

Odoyo, oponu, madam wishy washy, MADAM SHOMBO, tojubole oshi, ekeyofuro, numbskull, Aitete mu ole, alagbari oshi uhnnnnnnnnn all I can do is LMAO!!

I can never dream of saying that to anyone I know , let alone someone I don't know!!! O ti blow fun e!!

Reporting me to moderator??  With all we have in Bold above!! who should the moderator send a warning My dear take life easy o!!

One more thing, say all the horrible things in the world to me but please avoid mentioning my mother!! thank you, a bit of decorum please!!

I know you would want to prove you are the winner!! I dash you my dear!!!o ti gba ike!!!Use it to decorate your living room!!

From me to you, it's good bye!!!b

aysometin:

I no dey respect myself sha!!!

Exchanging words with someone that is 5 minutes from Yaba left!!!

Haba Ay-baby, u no try sha!!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-323271.0.html#msg4626987

See height of joblessness cool She is the peace loving Saint who doesn't fight, yet she is so obsessed with me, she has stalked me to the Auto section, I need to put up a stalker alert warning lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I only hope at least that she knows the meaning of the word "GOODBYE", because she has said she would not exchange words with me or respond to me about 4/5 times now, yet still keeps coming back like a deranged loony lipsrsealed Good riddance to bad rubbish cool

N:B

[s]FYI, na your Yoruba people talk am say "Omo ti won ko ba ko ni ile . . . " [/s]
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by awoll(f): 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2009
@demowo,

count yourself as lucky as you were, i wouldn't advise anyone else to do the same as he or she might not be so lucky. i know of some who was here on the workingholiday maker visa too and she didnt even work for more than 12months!!

but they just assumed she did because they counted even the months that she was job searching( that was because she registered with a job search website) thus, her visa was revoked.

when they give specifics like the 'work no more than 12months', they definitely have ways of checking with your NI registry with any company you work with except u dont work with it,

i am here on the workingholiday maker too, my passport expires in march next year though, do i have to go back to nigeria to renew it? and how does it work?

@chyemma,

the working holiday maker was scrapped off alongside other few categories, there is now the youth mobility scheme program but i don't know if nigeria qualifies for it, check their website: www.ukvisas.gov.uk for more information. you will get one that u qualify to apply for or opt to go to another country, i know canada and ireland have the workingholiday maker scheme too.

wish you the best
Re: What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa by demowo: 2:23pm On Oct 04, 2009
Well if you say i was lucky, but u need to bear in mind i made the requirement for the student visa, anyhow, lets leave that case,

My passport got expired to while i was on a working holiday visa, i just went to the Nigeria house to renew the visa. it took me precisely 5minutes from when i got in to the embassy. But the old passport expired next year and so i would advise you to get a new passport it would cost u about 120 pound and you should get it about 10 working days after you visit the embassy, just make sure u have all that they would need you to provide, for requirement check the embassies web page,

http://www.nhcuk.org/fees/processing/online

(1) (2)

Dv 2012 Lottery Results Have Been Voided Due To Computer Programming Error. / Some Lies And Myths Nigerians Abroad Tell Nigerias In Nigeria / How Much Is Transport Cost From Sango Ota To Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.