Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

But Why Must We Suffer This Injustice? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / But Why Must We Suffer This Injustice? (827 Views)

Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft / What does the Bible says about Christian suffering, should a Christian suffer??? / This INJUSTICE Is Too Much (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

But Why Must We Suffer This Injustice? by babylolaroy(f): 11:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
So, in a constitutional state like Nigeria, where everyone has a right, muslims still have to beg for their rights not to be infringed upon. At the Nigerian law school, during the call to bar ceremony, which cannot be missed, nobody is allowed to cover their head..at all. you can not use cap, scarp or hijab. This is obviously not fair because everyone has a right and peraonal sentiments should operate. so christians have no worries, of course. so also muslims who dont observe hijab. But how is this fair, when you wear the hijab all your life only to open it at the ceremony just because you wanna become a lawyer? it is absolutely an injustice that demeans Nigeria as a constitutional state. we hope somehow this reaches a person in authority who can effect a change and muslim women will be allowed to atleast cover

This isnt even fair from any end >:

1 Like

Re: But Why Must We Suffer This Injustice? by ibkgab001: 11:44pm On Apr 08, 2016
So it is in the beginning

1 Like

Re: But Why Must We Suffer This Injustice? by 49cents(m): 12:24am On Apr 09, 2016
Were people born with hijab?
Re: But Why Must We Suffer This Injustice? by babylolaroy(f): 7:11am On Apr 09, 2016
49cents:
Were people born with hijab?

sweety, even people were not born with clothes on. And you wouldnt like it much if the government were to place a ban on your clothes. right?

2 Likes

Re: But Why Must We Suffer This Injustice? by Scholar8200(m): 11:12am On Apr 09, 2016
Pls pardon my ignorance, is the wearing of hijab at ALL times and in ALL places (as a sign of piety) a direct commandment in the Quran?
Re: But Why Must We Suffer This Injustice? by babylolaroy(f): 3:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
Scholar8200:
Pls pardon my ignorance, is the wearing of hijab at ALL times and in ALL places (as a sign of piety) a direct commandment in the Quran?

first and foremost, it is..now imagine that it were not, and some people have chosen to do so, based on individual autonomy, why cheat them out of it?
as an adult, yu take some decisions like wanting to do ds or that nd if your parents say not to do ot, you wouldnt agree much. right? what we need is tolerance..
the use of hijab is a divine commandment and it is really not right to stop it at the call to bar ceremony..we shud av equal rights in a democracy
Re: But Why Must We Suffer This Injustice? by dblackninja: 4:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
Injustice?? I fail to see any injustice here except unless I don't know what Injustice mean. If you know that something is against your religion then abstain from it because religion is an individuals opinion. That your religion is against eating fish wouldn't give you the right to call for abolish fish from the market.
Every institution has a code and if you can't keep it because of your religion then abstain. That you're a moslem male that covers hair most times when you want to pray to Allah shouldn't be crying foul in a Christian gathering that requires removal of any hair coverings for men. No matter the reason for coming there, if can't abide by their rule, then exclude yourself.
So op, it's you that will be violating the code, when you choose to do as you like because of your personal sentiment (because I know some moslems don't wear hijab), and not the other way round undecided
Re: But Why Must We Suffer This Injustice? by sonofthunder: 10:02pm On Apr 09, 2016
do they wear hijab to bathroom?
Re: But Why Must We Suffer This Injustice? by babylolaroy(f): 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
i thought unreasonable species had been wiped out long ago. like are y'all ordinarily dumb dumb or you are just trying too hard to impress me. whatever your reasons. you are welcome. you didnt have to come this way when you only have dirty things to say

(1) (Reply)

The Battle For Spirituality / My Thoughts / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.