Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? (2854 Views)

Rulings On Jihad / Why Muslims Should Never Have To Apologize For Terrorism - By Omar Alnatour / Islam Condemns Terrorism And The Totality Of Its Acts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by mustymatic(m): 7:13am On Apr 11, 2016
analice107:

What is there to respond to? The Bible is not authentic, but you can't help but quote from it every chance you get. Get off quoting from it, will you?
Like I said, follow Jesus closely n be a Muslim... you religious bigot
Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by Annunaki(m): 7:59am On Apr 11, 2016
mustymatic:

What is the message of Jesus? What is his greatest commandment?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by truthman2012(m): 8:16am On Apr 11, 2016
mustymatic:

Was Jesus a muslim ?

Did he go to Mecca ?

Would he not go to Kaaba in Mecca if it was Abraham who truly built it as a house of God and resort for all mankind?

That allahh said Moses and Jesus were muslims is a confirmation that he is satan. How could he tell that blatant lie? Moses received the Laws for the Jews, was he a muslim and still led the Jews? Are Jews muslims? This should be enough to convince you that allahh is satan, a liar.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by mustymatic(m): 11:01am On Apr 11, 2016
truthman2012:

Was Jesus a muslim ?

Did he go to Mecca ?

Would he not go to Kaaba in Mecca if it was Abraham who truly built it as a house of God and resort for all mankind?

That allahh said Moses and Jesus were muslims is a confirmation that he is satan. How could he tell that blatant lie? Moses received the Laws for the Jews, was he a muslim and still led the Jews? Are Jews muslims? This should be enough to convince you that allahh is satan, a liar.

You are indeed an idiot

"Muslim" is an Arabic word meaning "one who submits (to d will of God)". And Jesus did that... female Muslim is sometimes called a Muslimah. You christians do not follow the teachings of Jesus.

The religious practices of Muslims are enumerated in the Five Pillars of Islam, which, in addition to Shahadah, consist of daily prayers, fasting, almsgiving (zakat), and the pilgrimage at least once in a lifetime.
Tell me if Jesus didn't do all those. So yes he was a Muslim who submitted to d will of God and instructed his followers to do the same...instead they follow the teachings of their pastors

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by mustymatic(m): 11:21am On Apr 11, 2016
Annunaki:

What is the message of Jesus? What is his greatest commandment?
New International Version
"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

King James Bible
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by truthman2012(m): 7:30pm On Apr 11, 2016
mustymatic:

You are indeed an idiot

"Muslim" is an Arabic word meaning "one who submits (to d will of God)". And Jesus did that... female Muslim is sometimes called a Muslimah. You christians do not follow the teachings of Jesus.

The religious practices of Muslims are enumerated in the Five Pillars of Islam, which, in addition to Shahadah, consist of daily prayers, fasting, almsgiving (zakat), and the pilgrimage at least once in a lifetime.
Tell me if Jesus didn't do all those. So yes he was a Muslim who submitted to d will of God and instructed his followers to do the same...instead they follow the teachings of their pastors

Trash !!!!

So by your definition of muslim, Moses and the Jews are muslims because they submitted to God. Would the Jews agree with you that they are muslims? Quran 9:29 says fight the Jews and the Christians who believe not in allahh, yet to you Moses and Jews are muslims..If they are muslims why fight them? Something is wrong with your reasoning. Sorry for you.

Tell me where Jesus faced Kaaba and did ablution when praying. Also let me know when Jesus and other Bible prophets visited Kaaba, which muslims claim had been existing from the time of Abraham. Sorry for you.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by mustymatic(m): 8:50pm On Apr 11, 2016
truthman2012:

Trash !!!!

So by your definition of muslim, Moses and the Jews are muslims because they submitted to God. Would the Jews agree with you that they are muslims? Quran 9:29 says fight the Jews and the Christians who believe not in allahh, yet to you Moses and Jews are muslims..If they are muslims why fight them? Something is wrong with your reasoning. Sorry for you.
I'll quote bible where jesus prayed ooh...tohm grin
Tell me where Jesus faced Kaaba and did ablution when praying. Also let me know when Jesus and other Bible prophets visited Kaaba, which muslims claim had been existing from the time of Abraham. Sorry for you.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 12, 2016
Buharism:
every religion contains its share of violence whether christianity,islam, judaism etc. what matters is what u choose to believe, either you choose violence or peace
SHH BUDDHIST DONT KILL
Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by Annunaki(m): 9:08am On Apr 12, 2016
mustymatic:

New International Version
"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

King James Bible
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Al taquiya nonsense, do you think the holy bible is like your useless quoran that can be twisted any how? I challenge you to mention the book chapter and verse you twisted that passage from.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by mustymatic(m): 10:02am On Apr 12, 2016
Annunaki:

Al taquiya nonsense, do you think the holy bible is like your useless quoran that can be twisted any how? I challenge you to mention the book chapter and verse you twisted that passage from.
Twist ke
mark 12:29
KJV:And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord
Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by mustymatic(m): 10:03am On Apr 12, 2016
Annunaki:

Twist ke
KJV:And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord
Is this wat u call twisted
Challenge accepted angry grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by Annunaki(m): 11:32am On Apr 12, 2016
mustymatic:

Twist ke
Is this wat u call twisted
Challenge accepted angry grin

My question was what Jesus message and what was his greatest commandment. I didn't ask what was the first commandment, so don't try and twist my question.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by mustymatic(m): 11:53am On Apr 12, 2016
Annunaki:

My question was what Jesus message and what was his greatest commandment. I didn't ask what was the first commandment, so don't try and twist my question.
Great, first, important, highest ...I don't get u but sorry for this long thing

"One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, ‘Of all the commandments, which is the most important?’"

He felt it was his opportunity to ask Jesus, the Great Teacher, what was the most important commandment, how he can be saved, enter life and the Kingdom of God.

Now, you need to shed all your biases, everything you have been taught in Sunday schools, and all the teachings of mortal men. All who love Jesus should let him talk:

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’"
Mark12 28-9
A great answer to a great question: accept the Lord our God is One, love Him, and worship Him to the best of your ability.

Jesus was not finished. He had more to teach. Obviously Jesus was teaching the man everything he needed to get into the Kingdom of God. Jesus added:

"…The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’"

The Great Teacher further clarified:

"There is no commandment greater than these."

The man who questioned Jesus repeated the commandments to make sure he got them right:

Mark 12:32 "‘Well said, teacher,’ the man replied. ‘You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him…’"

Jesus seeing the man had learned the greatest commandment correctly gave him the good news:

Mark 12:34 "When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, ‘You are not far from the kingdom of God.’"

There are some significant lessons in this story:

First, Jesus taught the man more than he asked, yet he did not say he is the son of God, or the Savior sent to redeem mankind of its sins. He did not say anything remotely similar to what people are instructed to repeat to be ‘born again’ in Christ, "You should individually receive me, accept me as the Son of God, your personal Lord and Savior who will die on the cross for your sins and will rise from the dead. Let the Holy Spirit fill you…"

Take what Jesus said and leave what people have added.

Second, salvation depends on this commandment. Jesus made it clear when another man approached Jesus to learn from him (Mark 10:17-29). The man fell on his knees and said to Jesus:

Mark 10:17-18 "Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?" Jesus replied: "Why do you call me good? No one is good — except God alone."

Third, Jesus confirmed there is no commandment greater than these. In case, someone might think the greatest commandment changed afterwards, Jesus told us:

Matthew 5:17-19 "For assuredly, I say to you, till the heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one title will by no mean pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Fourth, anyone who loves Jesus and wants to enter life must keep the greatest commandment of Jesus as he said:

John 14:15 "If you love me, keep my commandments."

Matthew 19:17 "If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

Fifth, a sincere Christian should accept what Jesus said without twisting his words or finding hidden meaning in them. Jesus taught exactly what Moses taught some 2,000 years before him:

Deuteronomy 6:4-5 "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."

Jesus, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, taught the same eternal truth ALL the prophets of God taught to their people: God is One, worship Him alone.

Deuteronomy 6:13 "Fear the Lord your God, serve Him only and take your oaths in His name."

Deuteronomy 5:7 "You shall have no other God besides Me."

Isaiah 43:11 "I even, I am your Lord and besides Me, there is no Savior."

Hosea 13:4 "I am the Lord your God who brought you out of the Egypt. You shall acknowledge no God but me, no savior except me."

Psalms 95:6-7 "O come, let us bow down and worship, let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker. For we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His voice and He is our God."

Jesus emphasized this teaching to Satan as well:

Matthew 4:10 "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: Worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only."

Sixth, the Quran confirms the greatest commandment of Jesus. The Quran teaches us exactly that God sent all the prophets with the same teaching: to worship the One true God alone.

"…And your God is One God: there is no god but He…" (Quran 2:163)

"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him..." (Quran 17:23)

"And We did not send any Messenger before you (O Muhammad) but We revealed to him (saying): ‘none has the right to be worshipped but I, so worship Me.’" (Quran 21:25)
Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by Annunaki(m): 12:44pm On Apr 12, 2016
mustymatic:

Great, first, important, highest ...I don't get u but sorry for this long thing

"One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, ‘Of all the commandments, which is the most important?’"

He felt it was his opportunity to ask Jesus, the Great Teacher, what was the most important commandment, how he can be saved, enter life and the Kingdom of God.

Now, you need to shed all your biases, everything you have been taught in Sunday schools, and all the teachings of mortal men. All who love Jesus should let him talk:

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’"
Mark12 28-9
A great answer to a great question: accept the Lord our God is One, love Him, and worship Him to the best of your ability.

Jesus was not finished. He had more to teach. Obviously Jesus was teaching the man everything he needed to get into the Kingdom of God. Jesus added:

"…The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’"

The Great Teacher further clarified:

"There is no commandment greater than these."

The man who questioned Jesus repeated the commandments to make sure he got them right:

Mark 12:32 "‘Well said, teacher,’ the man replied. ‘You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him…’"

Jesus seeing the man had learned the greatest commandment correctly gave him the good news:

Mark 12:34 "When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, ‘You are not far from the kingdom of God.’"

There are some significant lessons in this story:

First, Jesus taught the man more than he asked, yet he did not say he is the son of God, or the Savior sent to redeem mankind of its sins. He did not say anything remotely similar to what people are instructed to repeat to be ‘born again’ in Christ, "You should individually receive me, accept me as the Son of God, your personal Lord and Savior who will die on the cross for your sins and will rise from the dead. Let the Holy Spirit fill you…"

Take what Jesus said and leave what people have added.

Second, salvation depends on this commandment. Jesus made it clear when another man approached Jesus to learn from him (Mark 10:17-29). The man fell on his knees and said to Jesus:

Mark 10:17-18 "Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?" Jesus replied: "Why do you call me good? No one is good — except God alone."

Third, Jesus confirmed there is no commandment greater than these. In case, someone might think the greatest commandment changed afterwards, Jesus told us:

Matthew 5:17-19 "For assuredly, I say to you, till the heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one title will by no mean pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Fourth, anyone who loves Jesus and wants to enter life must keep the greatest commandment of Jesus as he said:

John 14:15 "If you love me, keep my commandments."

Matthew 19:17 "If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

Fifth, a sincere Christian should accept what Jesus said without twisting his words or finding hidden meaning in them. Jesus taught exactly what Moses taught some 2,000 years before him:

Deuteronomy 6:4-5 "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength."

Jesus, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, taught the same eternal truth ALL the prophets of God taught to their people: God is One, worship Him alone.

Deuteronomy 6:13 "Fear the Lord your God, serve Him only and take your oaths in His name."

Deuteronomy 5:7 "You shall have no other God besides Me."

Isaiah 43:11 "I even, I am your Lord and besides Me, there is no Savior."

Hosea 13:4 "I am the Lord your God who brought you out of the Egypt. You shall acknowledge no God but me, no savior except me."

Psalms 95:6-7 "O come, let us bow down and worship, let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker. For we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His voice and He is our God."

Jesus emphasized this teaching to Satan as well:

Matthew 4:10 "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: Worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only."

Sixth, the Quran confirms the greatest commandment of Jesus. The Quran teaches us exactly that God sent all the prophets with the same teaching: to worship the One true God alone.

"…And your God is One God: there is no god but He…" (Quran 2:163)

"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him..." (Quran 17:23)

"And We did not send any Messenger before you (O Muhammad) but We revealed to him (saying): ‘none has the right to be worshipped but I, so worship Me.’" (Quran 21:25)

You would have done well to quote the source of this your copy and paste. However let me point out that "the Lord your God is one" is not a commandment but a statement. The commandment in that passage was to Love God and to Love our fellow men. these are the two greatest commandments, now we know that muslims don't love their fellow men and even islam teaches them to hate and kill non muslims, so how do you in your wildest imagination think you can follow jesus and be a muslim when islamic teachings are totally in contrast to the teachings of christ?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by mustymatic(m): 7:26pm On Apr 12, 2016
Annunaki:

You would have done well to quote the source of this your copy and paste. However let me point out that "the Lord your God is one" is not a commandment but a statement. The commandment in that passage was to Love God and to Love our fellow men. these are the two greatest commandments, now we know that muslims don't love their fellow men and even islam teaches them to hate and kill non muslims, so how do you in your wildest imagination think you can follow jesus and be a muslim when islamic teachings are totally in contrast to the teachings of christ?
shocked Not a commandment but statement
28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the most important commandment of all?
And Jesus answered him, The most important of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these .
Look at the bold clearly.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by Annunaki(m): 8:44pm On Apr 12, 2016
mustymatic:

shocked Not a commandment but statement
28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the most important commandment of all?
And Jesus answered him, The most important of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these .
Look at the bold clearly.

You obviously bolded the wrong parts of the passage. tongue
Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by mustymatic(m): 8:08am On Apr 13, 2016
Annunaki:

You obviously bolded the wrong parts of the passage. tongue
You obviously lack understanding... 29 and 30 are the first of commandments as he added "these areare the most important" because vers 30 continues with... and, which every English speaker knows wat it is, don't pull dat selective morality on me my guy
Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by truthmans2012: 3:57pm On Apr 23, 2016
No Muslim has been able to tell the difference between Muhammad's jihad and today's terrorism. Why na ?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Islamic Terrorism And Jihad? by truthman2012(m): 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2016
truthman2012:
Fighting is a virtue in islam:

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."
Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home).Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward " This passage criticizes "peaceful"
Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah's eyes. It also demolishes the modern myth that "Jihad" doesn't mean holy war in the Quran, but rather a spiritual struggle. Not only is this Arabic word (mujahiduna) used in this passage, but it is clearly not referring to anything spiritual, since the physically disabled are given exemption. (The Hadith reveals the context of the passage to be in response to a blind man's protest that he is unable to engage in Jihad, which would not make sense if it meant an internal struggle).

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."
The key statement is fighting in the way of allahh as against muslims claim of fighting in self defence.

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"
No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.

Muhammad's Implementations of the above Quranic commands:

Bukhari (52:220) - Allah's Apostle said... 'I have been made victorious with terror'
That shows Muhammad was into terrorism.

Bukhari (8:387) - Allah's Apostle said, "I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah'. And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them except legally."
This is the exact thing terrorists do.
Yet muslims say there is no compulsion in religion, what an irony.

bn Ishaq/Hisham 990:- Lest anyone think that cutting off someone's head while screaming 'Allah Akbar!' is a modern creation, here is an account of that very practice under Muhammad, who seems to approve.

Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 992: - "Fight everyone in the way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in Allah." Muhammad's instructions to his men prior to a military raid.

Can anyone tell the difference between today's islamic terrorism and Muhammad's jihad?

(1) (2) (Reply)

If I Become A Muslim, How Many Wives Will I Be Permitted To Marry According To Thequranic/hadith Inj / 6 Or 7 Days Left In Shawwal: Have You Completed The Six Fasting In The Month? / Israelis Oppressive Behaviour Towards The Feeble Palestinians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.